PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion : Close forums option

Distension
03-24-2014, 11:35 PM
STS Forums should have a close forums tab so people wont keep chatting on it and makeing the thread owner reply or keep it busy.

I know devs have this but everytime you.create a thread we should be able to lock or close it.

Skeletonlord
03-26-2014, 05:29 PM
STS Forums should have a close forums tab so people wont keep chatting on it and makeing the thread owner reply or keep it busy.

I know devs have this but everytime you.create a thread we should be able to lock or close it.

I believe this is just an administrator/moderator thing like you said, it would be cool to have this feature. Devs would need it more though. They know exactly what discussions need to be locked.

Schnitzel
03-26-2014, 05:32 PM
well um..what if people start making threads, then locking them in a few seconds over and over again?

Extreme
03-26-2014, 05:39 PM
well um..what if people start making threads, then locking them in a few seconds over and over again?

Limit thread made in certain time?

Fusionstrike
03-26-2014, 05:40 PM

It seems to me this isn't any worse a potential outcome than someone just making threads over and over (which they can do right now). Having a way for the OP to close his/her own thread seems like a reasonable feature. It would probably have to be a one-time operation to prevent shenanigans of closing and opening repeatedly. But it does have the potential to save the mods some work in shutting down threads that have gone off the rails or been necroed from ancient times.

Kiwihawk
03-26-2014, 05:46 PM
It seems to me this isn't any worse a potential outcome than someone just making threads over and over (which they can do right now). Having a way for the OP to close his/her own thread seems like a reasonable feature. It would probably have to be a one-time operation to prevent shenanigans of closing and opening repeatedly. But it does have the potential to save the mods some work in shutting down threads that have gone off the rails or been necroed from ancient times.
Thats what they get paid for tho