PDA

View Full Version : Level 26/31 gear at level 41.

Hiosahaf
03-25-2014, 04:02 AM
In regards to the Mythic Upgrade set, there is going to be a definite overlap of the upgraded mythics being a bit more superior because 1) they still need to be viable this season, and 2) the new itemization applies to new items, not legacy unless they are dropped in the new expansion. IE a level 40 version of the Architect armor will have slightly lower stats given the new itemization strategy compared to where it would end up given the previous itemization.

Personally, I find it a bit ridiculous that a helmet you can use at level 26 should still be viable at level 41. Same with the armour. That was my feedback.

My suggestion is, that level 41 gear should be better than them. Why?
STS said that mythic gear will be viable for 2 seasons while while Arcane for 3. By that logic, hooks should be viable at level 41 too if one is using a level 26 helm upgraded to 36 now.

Thank you for reading, please leave your constructive comments below. Do not flame this thread.

Thank you. :)

Orageunas
03-25-2014, 07:06 AM
Just ?

Hiosahaf
03-25-2014, 07:07 AM
Just ?

What?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Rare
03-25-2014, 07:51 AM
Hooks are 26 though. Helmet is 36.

Hiosahaf
03-25-2014, 07:54 AM
level 26 helm upgraded to 36 now.

Hooks are 26 though. Helmet is 36.

Yes, I have taken note of that but that doesn't change the fact that people are using same gear since the kraken and nordr expansion.

Rare
03-25-2014, 08:14 AM
Yes, well I agree with that. I think upgrading mythics was a mistake as it really had a negative effect on all the lovely content STS created. However, I think STS chose a direction. Once a path is set, you can't really veer from it without alienating a lot of people. I think its great though that they will not upgrade the Mythics again. Really, it was the first time across any of their games they did this, and I think the realize the effect it had. If I were a betting man, I'd wager that we won't see any upgradable items in the future (at least not upgrading level).

As for the hooks, well, they were not upgraded so their shelf life ends when new Enclave weapons are released. Mythic helm/armor on the other hand were upgraded. Thus their life was extended for a couple seasons. I was only commenting on your assertion that L26 hooks should be viable this season.

Hiosahaf
03-25-2014, 08:18 AM
Yes, well I agree with that. I think upgrading mythics was a mistake as it really had a negative effect on all the lovely content STS created. However, I think STS chose a direction. Once a path is set, you can't really veer from it without alienating a lot of people. I think its great though that they will not upgrade the Mythics again. Really, it was the first time across any of their games they did this, and I think the realize the effect it had. If I were a betting man, I'd wager that we won't see any upgradable items in the future (at least not upgrading level).

As for the hooks, well, they were not upgraded so their shelf life ends when new Enclave weapons are released. Mythic helm/armor on the other hand were upgraded. Thus their life was extended for a couple seasons. I was only commenting on your assertion that L26 hooks should be viable this season.

Yes, I got your point. Thank you for keeping it constructive first of all.

I made that comment about hooks because if a lvl26 mythic helm can be upgraded why not the same with hooks? Not demanding that, just pointed out that Arcane rarity was ignored.

And yes, I agree that STS can't make any decision regarding the mythics now as we'd see rage threads on the forums. Atleast make the elite legendary gear competitive with the mythics now?

Ebezaanec
03-25-2014, 08:49 AM
Personally, I find it a bit ridiculous that a helmet you can use at level 26 should still be viable at level 41. Same with the armour. That was my feedback.

Technically, the L26 Helm was upgraded into a L36 Helm.

It's essentially the same item, but it's a "different" item. They are two different mythics, which is why the devs must adhere to the rule of "mythics being better or on par with gear for two seasons."

Hiosahaf
03-25-2014, 08:52 AM
It's essentially the same item, but it's a "different" item

You know how that sounds, right? :D
I get your point nonetheless. I just feel that it's getting way too monotonous. S I and S II kept up the spirit of renewing gear and I liked that.. the kraken and nordr being still used now (and better too) just didn't appeal much to me.

Thanks for your inputs!

Ebezaanec
03-25-2014, 09:12 AM
You know how that sounds, right? :D
I get your point nonetheless. I just feel that it's getting way too monotonous. S I and S II kept up the spirit of renewing gear and I liked that.. the kraken and nordr being still used now (and better too) just didn't appeal much to me.

Thanks for your inputs!

Yes, I know it sounds weird. :p

I was heavily against upgrading gear. I knew it would completely ruin Elite farming. Last expansion was mediocre except for Tarlok and Halloween.

Power to the customer is good... but when the customer cannot choose what's best, what is the point?

Hiosahaf
03-25-2014, 01:18 PM
Yes, I know it sounds weird. :p

I was heavily against upgrading gear. I knew it would completely ruin Elite farming. Last expansion was mediocre except for Tarlok and Halloween.

Power to the customer is good... but when the customer cannot choose what's best, what is the point?

Yeah I agree with you and upgrading gear seems not so good. Look at the amount of players with mythic sets now! They could've just upgraded the helm and the story would be over at 36. New mythic gear at 41 (which will be released, I know) should be there and elite gear should logically be better (than previous mythic)

About power to the customer: I'm not sure if I understood you fully btw (sorry for that..). But I what I know is that that the community isn't mature enough to handle such harsh decisions.

Rare
03-25-2014, 02:39 PM
Yeah I agree with you and upgrading gear seems not so good. Look at the amount of players with mythic sets now! They could've just upgraded the helm and the story would be over at 36. New mythic gear at 41 (which will be released, I know) should be there and elite gear should logically be better (than previous mythic)

About power to the customer: I'm not sure if I understood you fully btw (sorry for that..). But I what I know is that that the community isn't mature enough to handle such harsh decisions.

What he means is... the customer doesn't always know whats good for them. Or maybe they don't see the big picture.

Hiosahaf
03-25-2014, 10:58 PM
What he means is... the customer doesn't always know whats good for them. Or maybe they don't see the big picture.

I must agree to that.. many of them are quite narrow-minded.. its not that I can't afford a mythic (bought 1 today), just felt that It was wrong.