PDA

View Full Version : Coming Change to Arcane Ring Crafting

Samhayne
03-25-2014, 05:10 PM

Hey everyone,

We are plan to make the following changes to how an Arcane Ring is crafted:

The recipe for the Arcane Ring will be made to be something anyone can easily obtain. It will be changed to be purchasable for gold, but will remain untradeable.

A new item, A Dragonite Bar, will be required to craft the Arcane Ring. The Dragonite Bar will be available for 150 Dragkin Teeth from the vendor in Expedition Camp.

For anyone who had previously purchased the Arcane Ring Recipe we will be refunding the 150 Dragkin Teeth back to you when these changes go live.

We don't want to have situations where someone could be scammed out of valuable items. After these changes, our hope is that no one would feel the need to have someone else craft their Arcane Ring for them. Anyone could do it for themselves.

As a reminder of the Spacetime Games Reimbursement/Return Policy, Spacetime does not arbitrate trade disputes. If you trade away a valuable item to someone, you just traded it away. Read more at: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/customer/portal/articles/962029-reimbursment-return-policy

Also, these changes add another tradeable thing of value, the Dragonite Bar, that you can farm for by collecting Dragkin Teeth.

We plan to make this change in a patch scheduled for Thursday, March 27th.

I look forward to reading your feedback!

Samhayne
Legends Producer

TuMadreee
03-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Cool

How much gold I wonder?

Sniipeer
03-25-2014, 05:12 PM
Cool

zilicious
03-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Nice sam

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

keikali
03-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Legit

Supermein
03-25-2014, 05:15 PM
So the bar is now tradeable and can be sold to cs?

Kuragasi
03-25-2014, 05:16 PM
Works for me ;p

H2N
03-25-2014, 05:16 PM
So the bar is now tradeable and can be sold to cs?

Yes.

Supermein
03-25-2014, 05:17 PM
Oh thats good to hear. Thanks for the fast reply :3

TW84
03-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Thank you!!!! :adoration:

*EDIT* Wait does it still need Arcane Shard?

H2N
03-25-2014, 05:23 PM

Yes, need arcane shard + dragonite bar to craft arcane ring. Both are tradeable.

The crafting process will consume both the arcane shard and the dragonite bar.

Carapace
03-25-2014, 05:26 PM

Yes

vSPECTRUMv
03-25-2014, 05:29 PM
So wait, You have to earn 150 Teeth for the Recipe AND 150 Teeth for the Bar?

Carapace
03-25-2014, 05:34 PM

No, we're making the recipe available for Gold so that all players who reach the expansion content can acquire the recipe to make the Ring themselves, the 150 Teeth is then used to acquire the Dragonite crafting component, which is then consumed in the process. This removes the possibility of scamming and bad trades wherein a player hands over their very valuable Arcane Shard to a stranger, or "friend", or guild mate that may go completely awry.

H2N
03-25-2014, 05:35 PM

No, the price of the recipe will change to some nominal amount of gold that anyone can afford. So you just spend the 150 teeth for the bar.

Reunegade
03-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Ha, Dragonite. Most op pokemon in generation 1. Coincidence?

Kakashis
03-25-2014, 05:46 PM
shoot, I guess don't buy the bar until you have the shard! I could potentially see people trolling others that they want to buy the bar from someone because they have the shard and want to craft the ring. As soon as the player buys the bar, then the shard owner can log making that player stuck with a hard to sell bar. There should also be the option to trade the bar in for magma/dragonbone items or a complete 150teeth refund so that not all is lost in case of such a troll.

Update should protect both shard owners, and teeth farmers.

Bilaxman
03-25-2014, 05:49 PM
I apologize for some redundancy, but to make sure that I understand what the changes are, to create an Arcane Ring one must obtain:

1. Dragonite Bar (150 teeth from NPC or bought from consignment shop)
2. Arcane Shard (Looted from locked crates or bought from consignment shop)
3. Arcane Ring Recipe (Purchased with gold, not trade-able)

Is this correct?

Impact
03-25-2014, 05:53 PM
Hmmm don't make dragon bar tradeable, ruins the hard work of obtaining it

thepitcher
03-25-2014, 06:04 PM
I apologize for some redundancy, but to make sure that I understand what the changes are, to create an Arcane Ring one must obtain:

Is this correct?

correct!

Mortalninja
03-25-2014, 06:16 PM
Hmm Ok Now anyone can get it :) not only rich people :P

-Mortalninja...... Happy :banana: :D

maliwat
03-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Cool

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Energizeric
03-25-2014, 07:16 PM
The obvious reason for this change is that recipes in Arcane Legends can be used over and over. So what has happened is a few players worked really hard to get the recipe, and they are now going around offering to craft Arcane Rings for a fee. But in order to have these players craft your ring, you must give them the Arcane Shard, and then you can get scammed.

So instead of making the recipe tradable, they add a new item which cannot be reused and make that item tradable.

Anyway, I like the change if for no other reason than to encourage players to farm teeth so they can trade them in for a Dragonite Bar and sell it in the auction. Considering the difficulty in obtaining 150 teeth, I'm guessing these will go for a few million gold each.

injake
03-26-2014, 01:20 AM
this new upgrading process i think is cool :) :banana:

Toy
03-26-2014, 01:51 AM
Back to pokemon. Hold on tight

Daddyblu
03-26-2014, 02:29 AM
Yes, need arcane shard + dragonite bar to craft arcane ring. Both are tradeable.

The crafting process will consume both the arcane shard and the dragonite bar.

nice!

Euldor
03-26-2014, 02:37 AM
Great idea. Win-win situation for both the rich and the farmers.

Rean
03-26-2014, 03:59 AM
In such case, the recipe for arcane crafting would seem negligible. There is no purpose in the recipe anymore since it is easily acquired with a reasonable amount of gold.

Why not just make the crafting,
- perishable dragonite bar (acquired via 150 teeth) + perishable arcane shard; and/or
- perishable recipe (acquired via 150 teeth) + perishable arcane shard.

Both dragonite bar and recipe to be tradable.

Älä'ã Ðärk Røsê
03-26-2014, 04:02 AM
If I knew... I wouldn't have farmed my 150 teeth and rushed it ... Not worth my 19 hours/day playing.
But I guess it is what it is.

Alcrexx
03-26-2014, 06:26 AM
Ha, this is almost similar like upgrading mythic armors when you need to have Condensed Essence purchasable with gold, but it's untradeable.
But getting the arcane shard.. Looks like opening lockeds a lot lol.
Farming teeths are getting much easier since now there were new Elite zones to play and getting the Bar quicker.

mintarlay
03-26-2014, 08:24 AM
real?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Kristianch
03-26-2014, 10:32 AM
How much gold will the recipe cost? 100k? 1mil?

Morholt
03-26-2014, 11:48 AM

Is this correct?This is correct...and it is so very wrong...

The arcane ring can now be purchased through gold. Now a player doesn't have to run a single map to get it.

NumbeddebmuN
03-26-2014, 11:49 AM
so those who had crafted the ring will get extra 150 teeth, to add on, this would mean that they crafted the ring with no teeth consumed right?
well done

BaumxD
03-26-2014, 12:11 PM
Cool (:

MayaNatsume
03-26-2014, 03:47 PM
Great idea. cheers

Z
03-26-2014, 04:03 PM
I say make each tooth tradable

Temarichan
03-26-2014, 04:17 PM
This is correct...and it is so very wrong...

The arcane ring can now be purchased through gold. Now a player doesn't have to run a single map to get it.

No lol you'll need to run a lot to get the bar and on top of that, you'll probably need a huge load of plats to get that char.

Don't forget, you can get Arcane Shards from Elite Golden Dragonchests too. If they're willing to put effort in it, one could obtain a shard by running elites for the rest of the week :P (or maybe months) (or maybe years....)

Kristianch
03-26-2014, 04:17 PM
How much will the recipe cost?

Veluthe
03-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Cool. But a few concerns. How get shard exactly? Just locks or elites too? Also why refund dragonteeth to those who got? Shouldn't it like go toward the bar? I mean that sounds like they got ring free basically except for shard.

Carapace
03-26-2014, 05:14 PM
so those who had crafted the ring will get extra 150 teeth, to add on, this would mean that they crafted the ring with no teeth consumed right?
well done

We know who has actually crafted with the recipe.

Morholt
03-26-2014, 07:20 PM
No lol you'll need to run a lot to get the bar and on top of that, you'll probably need a huge load of plats to get that char.

Don't forget, you can get Arcane Shards from Elite Golden Dragonchests too. If they're willing to put effort in it, one could obtain a shard by running elites for the rest of the week :P (or maybe months) (or maybe years....)Incorrect.

The bar can be traded. That means someone else can make it and you just give gold for it.
Just like the shard...you can buy it from someone else.
And the recipe only costs you some gold, too.

The original intent of teeth and the recipe was to get players actually running the maps to be able to get the ring (read through the pre-expansion discussion threads).

And considering some people have already spent the plat to skip the 5 day craft time AND have ful grand tarlok gems in it...
Plat means nothing to some.

MadamPomfrey
03-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Sam, youre my favorite person now!!!!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

evilvash
03-26-2014, 08:38 PM
how many arcane shrad we needed to craft arcane ring?

jrkimkyla
03-26-2014, 08:47 PM
How do you guys post a thread? I'm new at this :(

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Uicheusa
03-26-2014, 09:43 PM
Correct me if I am wrong--people who has yet to craft the ring needs to spend 150 teeth in the future while people who spent 150 teeth on previous recipe which might have led to multiple times of crafting will get a refund?

Card
03-27-2014, 07:23 AM
Thanks Jesus!!

tearacan
03-27-2014, 08:55 AM
We know who has actually crafted with the recipe.
We know when you're offline, we know when you're online, we know who you're talking to...nsa is coming to town :D

Shademonia
03-27-2014, 12:13 PM
Hello, have you planned something that we can buy the teeth for platinum in the store, such as fire gem?

famousfame
03-27-2014, 02:44 PM
No, we're making the recipe available for Gold so that all players who reach the expansion content can acquire the recipe to make the Ring themselves, the 150 Teeth is then used to acquire the Dragonite crafting component, which is then consumed in the process. This removes the possibility of scamming and bad trades wherein a player hands over their very valuable Arcane Shard to a stranger, or "friend", or guild mate that may go completely awry.

Thank you guys

Sent from my X909 using Tapatalk

Rosna
03-27-2014, 03:21 PM
Great idea, allows all possibility of ring and offers protection as well. :)

Energizeric
03-27-2014, 03:47 PM
I don't see why anyone would get a refund unless they have purchased the recipe and have NOT yet crafted a ring. Anyone who already crafted the ring should not get a teeth refund as they would have otherwise had to purchase the dragonite bar for the same 150 teeth. So the teeth cost is still the same with this new method, the only difference is having to purchase one item instead of another.

And for those who complain that those with plat don't have to run the dungeons anymore, who cares? Now you can run the dungeon instead of them and sell them your dragonite bar for a few million gold. It's just a way for those of us who do not open crates to earn some money. I know I will be taking advantage of that.

Tabeer Amin
03-27-2014, 06:35 PM
this means the bar of 150teeths wil b used + shards for only 1 ring....
to make another ring u need another bar worth 150 teeths nd shards right?
bar(150teeths)+shard=1ring
bar(other 150 teeths)+shard=2nd ring.

is this correct ??

cookiehunterx
03-28-2014, 02:00 AM
You can also creat an arcane ring without arcane shard?

Naoavi
03-28-2014, 02:58 AM
The obvious reason for this change is that recipes in Arcane Legends can be used over and over. So what has happened is a few players worked really hard to get the recipe, and they are now going around offering to craft Arcane Rings for a fee. But in order to have these players craft your ring, you must give them the Arcane Shard, and then you can get scammed.

So instead of making the recipe tradable, they add a new item which cannot be reused and make that item tradable.

Anyway, I like the change if for no other reason than to encourage players to farm teeth so they can trade them in for a Dragonite Bar and sell it in the auction. Considering the difficulty in obtaining 150 teeth, I'm guessing these will go for a few million gold each.

I think you'll find the real reason is that they don't want one person in say a guild to get the recipe and then do all the crafting for everyone else, which basically makes the teeth system worthless. They've probably observed 10 recipes and 100 rings by now. By using teeth for something that gets consumed it has meaning again. Further, this will obviously greatly increase their income (which is fine by me). No doubt there was some scamming happening too.

Tabeer Amin
03-28-2014, 04:21 AM
You can also creat an arcane ring without arcane shard?

nop