PDA

View Full Version : New elites

greandeath
03-25-2014, 05:23 PM
the new elite maps are so hard. I die 50+ times a run. Please fix the issue. The mobs have dmg equalivent to the shayul regular bosses. Fix the please!!!

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

Xenobiotic
03-25-2014, 05:24 PM
I already made a thread on this issue.

GoodSyntax
03-25-2014, 05:51 PM
They are not particularly hard, it's more that you just can't go in with guns blazing.

Some of the mobs, like the healing tribesman, shielding totems and snakes that are immune to root/stun/snare, are game changers and require a new approach beyond a tank with Horn a Sorc with Clock and a Rogue with Aimed.

In these new maps, you have to be able to separate mobs via resets, pull and distract while someone else goes ahead to take out totem, and prioritize your kills. For instance, the whelps are easy and not worth the time to focus attacks on when there are snakes around. The tribesman that heal must be prioritized because it leads to longer runs, etc.

I appreciate the challenge here and while the bosses are letdowns, the maps themselves are very satisfying.

Just For Fun
03-25-2014, 06:28 PM
Sorry for the person wearing the item legendary ::(((

Just For Fun
03-25-2014, 06:30 PM
we dono wear mythic, and always die ::((

Morholt
03-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Seems like a LOT of people are upset that they don't get to start out with overpowered gear from a previous season. lol

LordDravek
03-25-2014, 06:49 PM
Y U NO USE POTS?? LOL.

im loving it. Super hard means super strategic fun... even for maxed out chars.

Nice one, STS.

uunknownn
03-25-2014, 06:49 PM
i runned with mauler,mage with sam,two of rest is mythic rogue...we died 20x in 6mins.zzzzzzzand we just leave

LordDravek
03-25-2014, 06:51 PM
i runned with mauler,mage with sam,two of rest is mythic rogue...we died 20x in 6mins.zzzzzzzand we just leaveNoob much? take your time. learn. If they made it easy, Id be plenty upset.

Hiosahaf
03-25-2014, 06:59 PM
Seems like a LOT of people are upset that they don't get to start out with overpowered gear from a previous season. lol

So true :D

They are not particularly hard, it's more that you just can't go in with guns blazing.

Some of the mobs, like the healing tribesman, shielding totems and snakes that are immune to root/stun/snare, are game changers and require a new approach beyond a tank with Horn a Sorc with Clock and a Rogue with Aimed.

In these new maps, you have to be able to separate mobs via resets, pull and distract while someone else goes ahead to take out totem, and prioritize your kills. For instance, the whelps are easy and not worth the time to focus attacks on when there are snakes around. The tribesman that heal must be prioritized because it leads to longer runs, etc.

I appreciate the challenge here and while the bosses are letdowns, the maps themselves are very satisfying.

Yes! This is perfect! I might also add that the root skill is quite important here if the mage knows his clock well. That will keep the armadillo and other thingies in check while the rogues attack. :) of course, the warrior stands amidst all of this to maintain aggro!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

GoodSyntax
03-25-2014, 07:03 PM
The key is to root the scorns while rogues attacks the snakes. Kill priority is crucial! We saw hints of kill priority with those red crabs and gunners in Kraken, but here, it is a matter of life and death.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Solid
03-25-2014, 07:07 PM
IMO, they should be harder.
They are "elites" not "normal people can run these easilies", they should require more strategy this season's elites seem better than last season...

keikali
03-25-2014, 08:17 PM
IMO, they should be harder.
They are "elites" not "normal people can run these easilies", they should require more strategy this season's elites seem better than last season...

I wouldn't mind if they are harder.

This season poses a challenge and I'm enjoying it. LOL@people who want easy farming. Welcome to the world of REAL MMORPG.

jb57542
03-25-2014, 08:35 PM

This season poses a challenge and I'm enjoying it. LOL@people who want easy farming. Welcome to the world of REAL MMORPG.

I've played plenty of real MMORPGs and top gear is difficult to obtain but regular mobs should not be able to kill so easily especially those with full myth who is basically in top lvl 41 gear already. STS has went a bit overboard here on difficult perhaps it was the dollar signs of all the plat revivals that did it. In addition I'm not seeing too many of the new gears that is worth farming these challening maps for.

Frekken
03-25-2014, 08:41 PM
Lol y'all people shouting out like it's imposible
I just run a gemmed lunar. All pinks
460damage
2 rogues
1 tank
Died 1w times in a 30min run

You wanna know something funny?
The boss is easier than everything else in the map
Just sayin

keikali
03-25-2014, 10:03 PM
The bosses are indeed easier than the trash. Like most elites, trash mobs are always a pain and once you get to the boss its smooth sailing.

Euldor
03-25-2014, 10:15 PM

Right on.

himanshugupt
03-26-2014, 02:59 AM
1.1k armor and 3.7k health and the mobs one hit me

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Euldor
03-26-2014, 03:06 AM
1.1k armor and 3.7k health and the mobs one hit me

Like the whole mob or just one of 'em?

Joncheese
03-26-2014, 03:19 AM

Agreed mate, tbh the new maps remind me of when i started playing AL and we did our first Elite Skull Cove. I actually really enjoyed these elites, they are hard, challenging and take TIME. It's not as simple as ploughing through the map with your OP gear. We ran War, Rogue and 2 mages and providing the mob group wasnt too large we were fine.

Btw Kali we solved the totem pole issue with whimms, i simply pulled all the mobs away from the pole, dropped the clock to root and then froze them whilst the rogue took out the pole in seconds with no interferance :p

Yes they are hitting extremely hard, i got hit for a 13.5k.

himanshugupt
03-26-2014, 03:20 AM

Idk their were 3 of em
So maybe comboed or by one mob

Älä'ã Ðärk Røsê
03-26-2014, 03:40 AM
Lol.... As if u get the chance to use pots... I like the maps too and it's challenging , but seriously , mobs shouldn't one hit us, it's ridiculous -.-

KingMartin
03-26-2014, 03:51 AM

Although I was frustrated in the first moment, I have to agree with Kali here. First attempts with guns ablazing and a tank without fully upgraded HoR were a sheer torture. When we started to implement team strategy, things got easier.

The only big difference that I see compared to the old maps is that it's very difficult if not impossible to make it back to the boss if some squishy dies. This may bring frustration but then again, maybe it requires for most of the parties to clear the entire path to the boss, which is fine. Let's admit it - new elites are not for anybody, particularly not for unskilled random parties.

I only think it would be nice to have a respawn point closer to the final boss. The most difficult moment is when 6 mobs appear, rocks are falling and Rentail smashes with his paw what's left of the party... reset.

Daddyblu
03-26-2014, 04:09 AM
The new maps are fine. i love it this way.

it give more challenge, more fun, this way we wont get board easily in the next 2-3 months.

unlike the shuyal maps it was boring.

elite should be like this every expansion to challenge people to get better and farm more.

utpal
03-26-2014, 09:04 AM
RIP those using tarlok assault nd will gear lol.
RIP legendery set.

those tht want to farm elite tindirin maxed out ur atleast mythic set upgraded version.
as well as for elite shuyal and nordr.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Fidalex
03-26-2014, 09:12 AM
I love new elites, old ones were just too easy 😁

maliwat
03-26-2014, 09:17 AM
Pls fix the elite new map is so hard .. Hard than.shuyal elite. .

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

AL_Newbie
03-26-2014, 12:23 PM
ppl need to buy potions! stop asking for heal in elites... lol

elmanco
03-26-2014, 01:54 PM
Y U NO USE POTS?? LOL.

im loving it. Super hard means super strategic fun... even for maxed out chars.

Nice one, STS.

Exactly!

Fyrce
03-26-2014, 02:01 PM
These Elites are actually quite cool. Pull too many mobs, don't understand which mobs can/cannot be rooted, frozen, stunned, warrior having less armor than mage, and you will probably die.

But get some people, yes, even in PUGs, who understand a little bit about kiting, gathering, pulling, and yes, you die a bit, but it's not bad. Mostly you do not die. Mostly you kill.

Like. Like.