View Full Version : Pls only allow boot in password protected games

ssyzzyggy
12-11-2010, 08:35 AM
The number of players booting other characters for no other reason then 'Haha' is getting out of control. Please remove boot capability from games that are not password protected. The rise of viscious booting is greatly reducing the fun factor. If I don't have fun, I won't buy platinum and I'll stop playing.

Devs if you don't address this issue you are risking significant brand damage for Pocket Legends. A significant number of posts on this forum and external sites identify this as an issue. You're getting negative feedback. Please don't let a rising number of rude players spoil the fantastic game you have created. Help bring back the fun.

Lesrider
12-11-2010, 08:42 AM
I disagree. While I only make locked games, some create open ones to attract new people they haven't met (if their friends aren't online, etc). But that doesn't mean they want low Lvls/leechers in their game. If you create a game, you should have control over it. If you don't like getting booted, make your own game.

Superzarop
12-11-2010, 08:43 AM
No... Imagine if you created crush the keeper to level, and a lvl 1 leecher with a troll face joins. Another example, you create a victory lap, a random lvl 46 joins, then everyone that joins see the noob and leaves, leaving you with a **** team of 46-49s.

gl0c
12-11-2010, 08:48 AM
uhh #1 reason for me is.... leechers and eventually forces you to make another game well that's if he/she doesn't want to leave. In other words if you hate being booted instead join your friends otherwise just make your own game. so taking out that capability I don't think will happen.

Fyrce
12-11-2010, 10:53 AM
You need new friends.

I only saw booting yesterday from full games, when a group has been running well together. It had nothing to do with whoever was joining. Of course, we keep spots for the group members. When your group is running extremely well, you try to keep it together. We add new people when old ones fall off. I think more than one game maker tried to stick with friends only. As far as I know, the reason was full and lots of people left voluntarily. There were a lot of groups going on.

"Haha" means you need new friends who boot for a different reason.

TwinkTastical
12-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Post a pic of your char, now.

superglut2
12-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Lol. I only get booted when i try to leech or when somone wants a frend in. I dont mind rly. I host 80% of my games

Blaquehaaart
12-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Ummm...it's am mmo? A big number of people that play mmos, and frequent the internet for that matter, are usually socially inept. Don't take it personally lost of people that play these games are teenagers, or teenagers from an emotional and cognitive standpoint.

TwinkTastical
12-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Ummm...it's am mmo? A big number of people that play mmos, and frequent the internet for that matter, are usually socially inept. Don't take it personally lost of people that play these games are teenagers, or teenagers from an emotional and cognitive standpoint.

Using big words doesnt make you look cool.

giayuan
12-11-2010, 01:17 PM
lol twink xD thats pretty funny
and yeah, without boot feature, people like you will stay
BUT people like me will leave, which is the vast majority

ssyzzyggy
12-11-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm lvl 49
I'm not leeching

If leeching is an issue then build in minimum level requirements.

giayuan
12-11-2010, 04:42 PM
well, it just happena that people wanna complete the new quest now. Get more friends...seriously, thats a problem. Without friends, its hard to lvl up right now with cyber quests goin on

Lesrider
12-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Again, host your own game.

ssyzzyggy
12-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Is a cyber quest different to the other quests? what are you referring to?
Do they require all 50s in your party?

Pharcyde
12-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Using big words doesnt make you look cool.

Like I said Twink. Order is restored to Pocket Legends now that you have returned :D

and the only times I get booted now is when its a VL farm match and they need a spot for a player who was already in the game before me. Like what... 3 days ago?.. Booting isnt really a problem anymore.

Is a cyber quest different to the other quests? what are you referring to?
Do they require all 50s in your party?

If you want to finish it in this lifetime then yes.

Dip
12-11-2010, 06:31 PM
yea ...booting aint a problem anymore.. other than when u try to leech/slow ppl down..

i'm sure you will be fine for ao3 lvl 1 to 5...

Victory Lap is more for groups farming for stuff.. which they dont usually accept lvl 49s coz there is a difference in EQ and also experience...

it takes effort to explain to noobs.. sometimes i just leave when the team is noob.. coz for some.. spending 1 hour in victory lap is ok.. but for me.. less than 10 minutes is what i'm looking for...

Kossi
12-11-2010, 06:32 PM
disagreed 100% , soz but this is lame

Fyrce
12-11-2010, 06:47 PM
The quests are available only to level 50s, so only level 50s need those groups. There is a huge damage, and armor, difference between 50 and 49, though there ARE good 49s. However, with all the cyber farming groups going on and all the 50s needing it, you'll need to start your own group probably. Oh, I WAS in a group last night where we had an extra spot (4 of us were running amazingly fast), and we did carry a level 49 bird for a round. That would be a leech and not everyone likes to carry them.

I agree with Pharcyde. I don't think there's a booting problem. I haven't seen it. Recently, I've only been asked to leave from full games and I always do; those are perfectly understandable and have nothing to do with the new joiner. Oh, sometimes, they need a certain class and I'm the new joiner. So if I can't or won't bring that class in, then again, I leave. Also perfectly understandable. I'm the new guy; very fair I think. Usually there are more than enough games to join.

When I'm looking to play, I first scroll through my friends list. Usually that works if I'm not already invited.

If it doesn't look like anything interesting is going on, then I decide to go do something on my own, which usually means starting my own game in my own list of things to do. Usually right as I start, I get an invite :P JK.

Generally people's friends lists are built up over time playing with those people. If your friends list needs massaging, then you'll just need to tolerate a bit more random games to build that list up. Random games are much iffier than friend games. I still join random games occasionally and usually end up with a new friend or two from them, which is great for my friends list. Of course, if you're playing well with a group, friend them.

If you find no one friending you, then you might need to reconsider who you play with or how you play, i.e. you might need to attend a remedial skills course. That just means you play a bit, either alone or with a random group, trying out your skills, combos, different weapons, how to follow, how to work in groups, thinking about dungeon layout, working with deaths, reading up on forum advice, etc. You don't have to be a great player but you'll need to be enough that people can't tell you're horrible :P Of course, learn whatever you can about how groups are run, because I have to say, it's pretty easy to tell the people who don't seem to know... And I have no clue why they don't seem to know because at some point, everyone has a first, such as the new runs for cyber and it shouldn't take more than a fight or two to figure a new group out.

KingFu
12-11-2010, 06:52 PM
I completely disagree, some people may want to make a random party, so they make an open game, then a level 5 joins, they can't boot. Or someone doesn't know how to do their job, they can't boot, so they remake. It may lead to more useless games around. Also, maybe they're booting you for being level 49? I haven't been booted in ages. Also, to sum up what Asommers usually says, make a game, or join friends, no booting, problem solved.

TwinkTastical
12-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Maybe just .... level to 50.

maneut
12-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Host your own game.. invite your friends, problem solved :)

Have a blacklist of un-friendly players who boot you for no good reason and well avoid joining their games :)

This is a MMO with real players, which means you will meet players who are mean.. this is just how the real world is.. just because its a game, does not make the mean any less mean...

Peace and enjoy the game :) don't let these people affect your game play :) have fun, make friends and be merry! ;)

Fyrce
12-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Your best asset is your friends list, but it takes time to build up. You'll want enough friends for maybe 2 pages to be active at any one time. Obviously the more online friends the better. However, you do NOT want to just run around friending everyone. That's how you end up with mean people or horrible players on your list, i.e. a friends list that doesn't help you. You don't have to reject right away but you really only want to add friends after you've played with them a bit.

While you're building up your list, you will have to tolerate pick up games. PUGs are not bad; just iffier than joining friends is all. Of course, once you get a good list going, you'll find that sometimes, your friends are in the pick up games. Also, you'll need to do PUGs periodically as old friends quite/go inactive/you change your login times, etc.

Take a deep breath, calm down. People are nice; it just takes a bit of playing to find them.

bladesword
12-12-2010, 04:12 AM
My opinion:

Noobs are trying so they get a advantage.

ciss
12-12-2010, 05:00 AM
Pointless! Of course you should be given the possibility to boot! And everybody should understand that Full does also mean that even though there are spotted left, a certain class is not needed, that is why the reason Full is given.

I personally, being a leader tank, cannot and will not play with another tank in my team, not necessarily for the lack of dps (which alone is a great reason), but because I hate when becon and stomps get counter timed. I always host my games. So don't take it personally when the "full sry" msg appears.

A good example is a tank I booted yesterday with the full sry msg, he msg me back saying he was eliptic, an experienced guy whose help I asked back in the days. He played another toon. Of course I appologized, saying I did not know that and added him on my FL and asking to join. Well we played a run, and BOTH agree that 2 bears is not working "that well" - actually it took way too much time (no dps). He changed to a bird and everyone was happy.

Another thing I suggest, make your own game, and set it up the way you please, if you end up with no players in a given amount of time, you should reconsider your friend list or/and playing skills, and accept to get in mediocre teams.

I always give anyone a chance (even if low geared), but when keeper does not fall at least after 1 shild up (even then I waste too much time), I know someone is not playing its role well and I try to find it out and explain.

What devs should do is however, put a restriction for non 50 characters to join farming dungeons like, at least, VL. Unless you're 50, joining a group in there is definitely leeching.

As skilled as one can be, as someone else pointed earlier, there is a HUGE difference between 49 and 50 in regards of armor and weapons, set, etc, therefore a 49/48 is definitely a set-back (unless it s a friend and he s mutually tolerated by the team a few rounds).

NO ONE wants to spend 20 mins in a VL run and no one wants a fail when potted up at ol expecially.

GoofyYno
12-12-2010, 10:30 AM
I agree with booting the booting. If you want a private game, lock it. I am sick of being booted before I even appear, without anyone saying anything to me. I have never been booted once a game starts because I participate. If there was a way to limit the entry to a minimum level, it could save a lot of problems.

Kujen
12-12-2010, 12:14 PM
I've brought up the min lvl thing before - as have others I'm sure. If the host could set limitations on level it would greatly reduce the number of bootings.

I absolutely hate being booted without a reason - if anyone boots me for "." or a random letter, they go on my block list. If you're full that's fine, but type that as a reason. If you need a different class, say so. I have all three classes at lvl 50, with good gear, I could just hop on any of them.

Maybe when the host is booting they should be given some canned messages to choose from, so they don't have to type it out. At least that would be better than being booted because of "random letter"

screamer
12-12-2010, 02:33 PM
How bout a boot voting system for people that abuse the game in an instance? All players in the group must vote "yes" to a boot. Simple and effective.

Or just get rid of the boot option completely.

I myself have falling victim to a "Sorry" boot. I hate it. It's rude and takes away from the communal feel of the game.

Make a private game if you want to control your playing experience. Don't screw it up for the casual players that may want to join.