View Full Version : Voodoo? What do?

Rescind
03-26-2014, 03:04 AM
For all you voodoos mages out there.. I'm currently making a voodoo to protect my poor little warbird from those pesky voodoos/shiv Mages.
A few questions:
1. Is a pink gruesome bracer better or the head bracer? (And for the head bracer, I heard there are different stat ones. Which is the better?)
2. What gear? I do know that voodoos use mantle but is it that much better than the actual voodoo arm?
3. Do most voodoos out there use 3 or 5 fire?
4. Is there a set bonus for a voodoo set?

Burningdex
03-26-2014, 03:51 AM
1fore if u nuke 5if kite 3 if all rounder

mantle has dodge n crut, robes give armor

grusome gives dmg. head (2012???) gives regen and defensive stats :)

and brain freeze eye works well for crit and armor

Gracious
03-26-2014, 03:53 AM
For all you voodoos mages out there.. I'm currently making a voodoo to protect my poor little warbird from those pesky voodoos/shiv Mages.
A few questions:
1. Is a pink gruesome bracer better or the head bracer? (And for the head bracer, I heard there are different stat ones. Which is the better?)
2. What gear? I do know that voodoos use mantle but is it that much better than the actual voodoo arm?

1. Evidence Bracer is the better choice imo. The shrunken head that you speak of has 4 dodge

2. Halloween Mantle isn't needed and IMO is a crutch. I recommend you stick to voodoo armor. The Halloween helm on the other hand, is worth the investment. The reason why a lot of voodoos recommend: shrunken head, int mantle, int Halloween helm, and shrunken head, is to build up that dodge. Do not heed the advice from these voodoos because they have no real skill and rely on the R.N.G. and when it comes down to it, they depend on the luck factor in lieu of skill.

3. 5 Fire

4. Yes, but it's only considered a set with the staff. If you're speaking of voodoo helm, armor, doll, and pin, there is no set bonus.

Hope this helps you some what. These are just my opinions, take what you want from it, or not. ;)

Timelife
03-26-2014, 12:31 PM
if he doesn't know much about voodoo i'd say gl beating other voodoo's :), oo and jun, i'll be trying ur build on my second upcomming 35 mage :)

Rescind
03-26-2014, 01:32 PM
if he doesn't know much about voodoo i'd say gl beating other voodoo's :), oo and jun, i'll be trying ur build on my second upcomming 35 mage :)

I do have a decent lvl30 shiv Mage but I'm pretty sure it's not all that different. Just change that the weapon doesn't freeze but does steam combo instead

Jyuu1205
03-26-2014, 03:09 PM

lol thanks Time :)

PL•ayer
03-26-2014, 05:34 PM
If you want to protect ur 30s make a 35 bear lol

Imcarla
03-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Is it better to max out fire, or leave it at 5 and add a skill point somewhere else?

DivineMoustache
03-28-2014, 12:15 PM
Is it better to max out fire, or leave it at 5 and add a skill point somewhere else?

leave at 5, it's only for the range

Jyuu1205
03-28-2014, 04:31 PM
leave at 5, it's only for the range

yeah Div's right, 6 and 5 fire has no range difference, but it only has like 10-15 damage difference which is not much considering the fact that fire is usually used for kiting.

Boiled_35
03-29-2014, 01:25 PM
A few questions:

Ok first, this is what I use on Boiled.

1. Pink Gruesome Bracer is best way to go. There is only one head bracer, but TWO types of DOLLS. You want the doll that gives you higher intelligence as base and dodge. Do not buy the one that has less dodge.

2. Gear: L35 Halloween Helm and L35 Halloween Mantle. (The ones that increase your INT & DEX bases.) It is much better in cases of using 104 dex & 75 int. Maybe worse to use mantle if you are used to 112 int and 67 dex as a oldie! :)

3. Most voodoos, I'm sure of it, use 5-6 fire.

4. Set bonus is only for the L35 Voodoo Copperhead Staff set. (Voodoo Helm, Voodoo's Copperhead Staff (YELLOW), & Voodoo Robe.

Hope this helped! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk