PDA

View Full Version : Pve tank warrior need help :(

Mister Clicker
03-26-2014, 04:43 AM
Hi guys thanks for reading my post ;)
Im starting to make a tank warrior after completing my rogue and mage so I need a good build and a good skill build in making my tank warrior please help me coz I suck at melee ranged weapons lol if you will try your best to help me thanks a lot guys

AL, and PL, the games that makes me crazy :0

Crowsfoot
04-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Crowsfoot's Warrior Guide:

---

Skill Upgrades by Level:

2: get HoR
3: get SS (never charge this skill before casting)
4: get WM
5: get VB (never cast this until level 6)
6: upgrade VB to buff Str while active (use VB as you charge a group of mobs)

7: upgrade duration of VB
8: upgrade total heal of HoR
9: upgrade shield in HoR
10: upgrade duration of WM
11: upgrade damage of WM

12: upgrade duration of HoR
13: upgrade area of WM
14: upgrade VB to buff damage
15: upgrade VB to buff critical chance
16: upgrade damage of SS

17: upgrade SS to stun
18: upgrade passive Str
19: upgrade passive Str
20: upgrade passive Str
21: upgrade passive Str

22: max passive Str
23: upgrade passive armor
24: upgrade passive armor
25: upgrade passive armor
26: upgrade passive armor

27: max passive armor
28: upgrade taunt in HoR
29: upgrade passive damage
30: upgrade passive damage
31: upgrade passive damage

32: upgrade passive damage
33: max passive damage
34: get Axe
35: upgrade Axe to apply feeble and reduce armor
36: upgrade damage in Axe (switch out SS for Axe at the boss after this upgrade)

37: upgrade "chained bait" in Axe
38: get jugg
39: upgrade "ignore pain" in jugg
40: upgrade "second wind" in jugg (with this skill, you are ready for running elite)
41: upgrade stun in axe

---

Your​ Spec at Level 41:

Skills:
5/5 HoR
5/5 VB
5/5 Axe
4/5 WM, no cripple
3/5 SS, only damage and stun upgraded
3/5 Jugg, only "second wind" and "ignore pain" upgraded

Passive:
5/5 Str
5/5 armor
5/5 damage

---

Skill​ Maps​:

Basic Map: HoR, VB, WM, SS

-Use this map as your default map. Use this map in all regular maps, easy elites, and elite tindirin maps.

Elite Tanking Map: HoR, VB, Jugg, WM

-Use this map in difficult elites or any map you are dying a lot in.

Boss Fighting Map: HoR, VB, WM, Axe

-Use Axe as soon as it cool downs to continuously feeble the boss. You will get used to Axe over time and figure out its dynamics. A good place to practice is PvP if you are geared enough.

-Substitute SS in place of Axe if the boss spawns additional mobs (Like "Thunk the One-Eye")

​---

Notes:

-Charge all skills before casting, except SS which you should never charge.

-Spam potions to stay alive when necessary.

-Spam basic attack as often as possible.

-Use skills when you deem them necessary. You shouldn't just spam skills every time they finish cooling down.

-With good timing you should get 2 casts of Charged WM per cast of VB. Try to use WM right after you cast VB. Casting HoR while the buff from VB is active will increase its HP return dramatically (HoR returns HP based on damage).

-Be extremely hesitant to use jugg. It is should be a last resort. Recognize the long cool down and short duration makes it a short term, one use save during a pull.

-Use basic attack (or SS if you can) to taunt mobs that are outliers to the main pack.

-The leveling guide is not a hard science. The order given is recommended, not required.

-Remap skills in the "Skills Menu."

-NEVER unmap HoR.

-Keep the party alive and tank on :D

dopemonkey
04-03-2014, 01:10 PM
First off big cheers to crowsfoot always giving solid advice to all the warriors cheers,,just curious why you recommend charging wm but not ss,,I generally only charge vb and hor,,I can't see any extra gain from a charge wm unless you have snare which I don't think anyone uses, is it just for extra dmg??

Crowsfoot
04-03-2014, 04:59 PM
First off big cheers to crowsfoot always giving solid advice to all the warriors cheers,,just curious why you recommend charging wm but not ss,,I generally only charge vb and hor,,I can't see any extra gain from a charge wm unless you have snare which I don't think anyone uses, is it just for extra dmg??
Benefits of charging WM:

1) Most importantly, WM suffers the same draw back as CS in which it won't taunt certain mobs and bosses when it is cast uncharged (it will still taunt some. In some cases it will still taunt most of the map). The fact that WM has a long cool down leads me to be safe rather than sorry and go ahead and charge it.

2) Extended duration upgrade is only effective when charged (same as SS).

3) More damage. Again, this is important to me since WM has a long cool down.

4) you can get two charged WMs off per cast of VB or two uncharged. The added damage from charging is, therefore, further strengthened from the percentage based damage buff. My ideal skill rotation I try to align allows 2/3 WMs to be buffed by VB. I especially try for this because higher damage strengthens the affect of taunt as well as speeds up a run. Its a win-win IMO.

dopemonkey
04-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Aha I see those are all excellent points from now on wm will be a charged skill, thanks,

utpal
04-04-2014, 08:21 AM
honestly crows, u should make a in-depth guide.
u can write a quide very well :)

utpal
04-04-2014, 08:40 AM

---

Skills Upgrades by Level:

36: upgrade damage in Axe (switch out SS for Axe at the boss after this upgrade)

40: upgrade "second wind" in jugg (with this skill, you are ready for running elite)

---

Your​ Spec at Level 41:

Skills:
5/5 HoR
5/5 VB
5/5 Axe
4/5 WM, no cripple

Passive:
5/5 Str
5/5 armor
5/5 damage

---

Skill​ Maps​:

-Use this map as your default map. Use this map in all regular maps, easy elites, and elite tindirin maps.

-Use Axe as soon as it cool downs to continuously feeble the boss. You will get used to Axe over time and figure out its dynamics. A good place to practice is PvP if you are geared enough.

-Substitute SS in place of Axe if the boss spawns additional mobs (Like "Thunk the One-Eye")

​---

Notes:

-Use skills when you deem them necessary. You shouldn't just spam skills every time they finish cooling down.

-With good timing you should get 2 casts of Charged WM per cast of VB. Try to use WM right after you cast VB. Casting HoR while the buff from VB is active will increase its HP return dramatically (HoR returns HP based on damage).

-Be extremely hesitant to use jugg. It is should be a last resort. Recognize the long cool down and short duration makes it a short term, one use save during a pull.

-Use basic attack (or SS if you can) to taunt mobs that are outliers to the main pack.

-The leveling guide is not a hard science. The order given is recommended, not required.

-NEVER unmap HoR.

this one is good. put in ur guide with a lil more spice

Crowsfoot
04-04-2014, 03:15 PM
honestly crows, u should make a in-depth guide.
u can write a quide very well :)

this one is good. put in ur guide with a lil more spice
Its a rushed copy. I keep pages like this on my phone via the "Note Everything" app. It was made for my own purposes in case I ever decide to zero-plane a warrior or cap my twink.

Its also helpful to be able to copy and paste such articles as this since I am often forum PMd vague questions such as "I just started and am level 9. What should I do to get good as a tank." Rather than beat around the bush I just send them a response that covers a little bit of everything.

I also have carbon copies of "loot distribution/map difficulty," "random notes," "lvl41 mage spec," "geared lvl41 mage spec," "crate farmer spec/crate farming explained," "my spec," and now "warrior leveling guide."

It may seem like a lot of work, but most of it is just a more formal version of virtual notes I've taken via split screen mode while in game.

Cesliz
04-05-2014, 07:18 PM

---

Skills Upgrades by Level:

---

Your​ Spec at Level 41:

Skills:
5/5 HoR
5/5 VB
5/5 Axe
4/5 WM, no cripple

Passive:
5/5 Str
5/5 armor
5/5 damage

---

Skill​ Maps​:

​---

Notes:

-NEVER unmap HoR.

Why not Chest Splitter instead of Axe? I don't use neither of those but I plan to Respec

Chest Splitter interrupts enemy's attack windups (I believe works on bosses), 20% disorient and it Feeble's like the Axe, but the cool down is only 3 secs and the axe is 7 secs

toughenn
04-05-2014, 09:18 PM
i believe he need axe cuz its range... CS is nice when not lagging, but if you lag just a little bit you wont hit anything while running....

Crowsfoot
04-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Why not Chest Splitter instead of Axe? I don't use neither of those but I plan to Respec

Chest Splitter interrupts enemy's attack windups (I believe works on bosses), 20% disorient and it Feeble's like the Axe, but the cool down is only 3 secs and the axe is 7 secs
I am actually considering adding cs for running elite tindirin but am still unsure. My original thought was that I would use my sixth skill only for boss fights.

As boss fights go, Axe is better than CS. Axe is ranged, guarantees you take all aggro on hit, debuffs -10% armor, and deals higher damage over time (due to armor debuff).

PS: if I add CS it will be 3/5 and replace Axe. I will most likely add my two other points in jugg.

The reason I am on the edge is although CS will greatly help against Tindirin mobs, it will make boss fights more difficult. Having a ranged skill with such strong debuffs is amazing for boss fights. I will test around during free respects since I am currently too low on plat to afford a respec.

Jirikjurasek
04-06-2014, 04:41 PM
Benefits of charging WM:

1) Most importantly, WM suffers the same draw back as CS in which it won't taunt certain mobs and bosses when it is cast uncharged (it will still taunt some. In some cases it will still taunt most of the map). The fact that WM has a long cool down leads me to be safe rather than sorry and go ahead and charge it.

2) Extended duration upgrade is only effective when charged (same as SS).

1) You mean that I donīt taunt when cast uncharget skill? :vshock:
2) How did you find out? Itīs not in the note of skill.

You donīt need charge CS for hit 4 target with upgrade and I think that you donīt need to charge WM for extended area

Nice guide anyway

inkredible
04-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Good job crow, I wouldn't have taken the time to write all that but yes he pretty much laid out the important stuffs

Crowsfoot
04-06-2014, 10:33 PM
1) You mean that I donīt taunt when cast uncharget skill? :vshock:
2) How did you find out? Itīs not in the note of skill.

You donīt need charge CS for hit 4 target with upgrade and I think that you donīt need to charge WM for extended area

Nice guide anyway
I found this out by noticing uncharged CS wasn't always taunting larger mobs in season two (the fallen warriors, giant wrath jaws, and fallen rogues). I then took advantage of a free respect to test the taunt of skills charged and uncharged (Thank you for the assistance meozudet) I found certain mobs (the ones listed in the first parenthial incertion) were immune to taunt skills unless they were charged. I also found that those immune to uncharged CS were immune to uncharged WM but all were taunted by the skills when charged.

In tindirn maps, the mobs immune to uncharged taunts (as tested with uncharged WM and assuming that correlates to the affect of uncharged CS upon them as well) are: komodo dragons, snakes, green guys, and healers when they have shields. For those unaware, that's over half the mobs in any map besides map 1 and 2 tindirin.

---

As of season 2, you needed to charge CS to use the additional target upgrade. I can confirm that you still need to charge WM to use extended range.

Hectororius
04-08-2014, 06:22 AM
Unlike PvP charging skills in PvE for warriors is generally better than not charging. Even a charged auto attack can cause stun (goes for all classes)

Crowsfoot
04-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Unlike PvP charging skills in PvE for warriors is generally better than not charging. Even a charged auto attack can cause stun (goes for all classes)
Depends on the weapon you use. I made the poor assumption that the arcane staff would stun when charged. Most weapons with a special effect when charged do not stun when charged, unless specified.

Kreasadriii
04-13-2014, 06:49 AM
Just wanna share that SS is very efficient if you upgrade the first skill to impact the damage in more AoE

Crowsfoot
04-14-2014, 05:21 PM
Just wanna share that SS is very efficient if you upgrade the first skill to impact the damage in more AoE
To gain extra area, you must charge the skill. Charging SS screws up my skill rotation so that upgrade does nothing for me. Another down side to charging SS is that you will be temporarily unable to move. For all people complain about WM locking up your skills for two seconds, you can still spam basic attack when you cast WM. Charging SS is like a self inflicted root affect.

Hectororius
04-14-2014, 09:15 PM
I do charge everything :)

Jmgab
04-15-2014, 12:09 AM
I saw some build getting the passive knowledge for mana. I have a question does this build ran out of mana easily?

shinjo
04-16-2014, 07:00 AM
I have question regarding throwing axe. Since I never pvp, I will respec and use axe to fight boss only.

My question is: Does stun and pull from throwing axe work on boss?

utpal
04-16-2014, 07:25 AM
I saw some build getting the passive knowledge for mana. I have a question does this build ran out of mana easily?

nope. not if u hav 1k+ mana. u should know how to use VB most effectively to gain mana

utpal
04-16-2014, 07:28 AM
I have question regarding throwing axe. Since I never pvp, I will respec and use axe to fight boss only.

My question is: Does stun and pull from throwing axe work on boss?

stun works on all bosses bt the pull doesnt. like if u use axe to inan instead of pulling him u get pulled lol bt its same as inan will ne in ur melee zone. i think bosses larger then war cannot pe pulled bt instead u get pulled lol. same with ferrix boss.

shinjo
04-16-2014, 07:40 AM
Thanks for your answer. I did respec now following crowsfoot's build. I have 3 skill points left, not sure if should get juggernaut. Honestly I dont like its 'super long cooldown'

utpal
04-16-2014, 01:11 PM
jugg is good at elite shuyal and best at elite oltgar boss. with jugg active u dnt get freeze on those annoying ice patch (u need tht movement impairing upgrade) and u can run through it freely to the boss :).
also with 20% ignore dmg upgrade u can take fatal hits easily.

Crowsfoot
04-16-2014, 09:37 PM
stun works on all bosses bt the pull doesnt. like if u use axe to inan instead of pulling him u get pulled lol bt its same as inan will ne in ur melee zone. i think bosses larger then war cannot pe pulled bt instead u get pulled lol. same with ferrix boss.
False, Axe stun works on few, if any bosses. I have it added for the rare instances it does work.

My second choice for this finally skill point was stun immunity in Jugg. However, since I find jugg worthless in the new elites and I was fine without this upgrade last season I opted for 5/5 Axe instead.

Crowsfoot
04-16-2014, 09:43 PM
jugg is good at elite shuyal and best at elite oltgar boss. with jugg active u dnt get freeze on those annoying ice patch (u need tht movement impairing upgrade) and u can run through it freely to the boss :).
also with 20% ignore dmg upgrade u can take fatal hits easily.
Waste in boss fights IMO. Learn to dodge the red zone. I love when people say "Okay but what if I'm stunned." You won't be stunned if you avoid the red zone. Additionally the more powerful an attack is, the less often the boss can use it. You can successfully keep yourself, and the party alive in every boss fight with well timed casts of HoR.

Elite Tindirin bosses are the exception since they one hit. I tried jugg on them and was still one hit. Therefore, jugg is even more of a waste on them.

I have jugg for elite shuyal, only maps I use it on unless I'm in a VERY low DPS party that can't kill high damage mobs fast enough. I have considered dropping jugg for 3/5 CS, but the amount of times it has saved me out way the times I have ran a map without it. When you need jugg, there is no alternative.

Crowsfoot
04-16-2014, 09:47 PM
nope. not if u hav 1k+ mana. u should know how to use VB most effectively to gain mana
Also, I would like to remind people that mana potions are the cheapest gold item in game besides a copper chest. I have bought maybe 10k mana potions and I've been playing a year (and have several thousand on me at the moment). There have been weeks I have USED 20k+ HP potions. Skip the mana and get skills that help the party, mana upgrades is a PvP concern. Even then, VB covers your mana issues if you have 1k+ in PvP.