View Full Version : towne board

Arterra
12-11-2010, 11:48 AM
a board up at the entrance of a towne where you can post messages (for fee) like "looking for stable farming group, all week!" or "join Taem BOSS today!" would be awesome.

two different kind of fees: for gold = as new ones are made, they get sent down board and so longer to find them
for plat: always stays above messages posted for gold. but can move down for other messages posted for plat.

there is a similar system in fallen sword (browser mmo-rpg) but it you can only use the equivalent of plat. here we are letting anybody try.

ps gold fees slightly high and plat fees slightly low. 5-10k per post and 2-4 plat sounds good, depending on time selected to stay up.

superglut2
12-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Sounds awesome!

Sickofwork
12-11-2010, 03:28 PM
a board up at the entrance of a towne where you can post messages (for fee) like "looking for stable farming group, all week!" or "join Taem BOSS today!" would be awesome.

two different kind of fees: for gold = as new ones are made, they get sent down board and so longer to find them
for plat: always stays above messages posted for gold. but can move down for other messages posted for plat.

there is a similar system in fallen sword (browser mmo-rpg) but it you can only use the equivalent of plat. here we are letting anybody try.

ps gold fees slightly high and plat fees slightly low. 5-10k per post and 2-4 plat sounds good, depending on time selected to stay up.

Actually, for stability/performance sake, the towne-board idea might even be better suited as a tab in your menu that you can view. You'd be able to sort it by however you want and so on. I think the town board is a phenomenal idea. Perhaps it'd get rid of some of the "in-town-spamming-that-prevents-you-from-seeing-what-friends-are-PMing-you" issues.

Arterra
12-11-2010, 03:33 PM
well i was thinking of towne by towne so that you can reach your target audience: for items balefort board, for guidance and help forest haven board, for snowball questers frozen towne. otherwise people's messages will be constantly drowned out by new messages

Sickofwork
12-11-2010, 03:47 PM
well i was thinking of towne by towne so that you can reach your target audience: for items balefort board, for guidance and help forest haven board, for snowball questers frozen towne. otherwise people's messages will be constantly drowned out by new messages

Hence why I mentioned in my initial post "You'd be able to sort it by however you want.."

Gamelova
12-11-2010, 05:52 PM
This idea has already been suggested, please search in the top right corner, if you are a new player I suggest you start with the rules.
Again, top right corner is where you can search for the ideas you want to look for or bring up something or even get advice!

Kossi
12-11-2010, 06:26 PM
im going for 2.5k to 7.5k

KingFu
12-11-2010, 06:39 PM
I like the idea, but maybe it would be nicer for the town crier to tell you that since he doesn't have much of a purpose now?:p

jonboy
12-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Too open to abuse to be implemented.

KingFu
12-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Too open to abuse to be implemented.

Isn't choosing a name for your character just as abusive? Or being able to post on forums in general?

Rusalio
12-11-2010, 06:48 PM
got to agree with jonboy... might just post something unfounded like Arterra is giving me all his RIFT,VOID and cosmos sets for christmas presents for a few newly level 50s.

KingFu
12-11-2010, 06:49 PM
got to agree with jonboy... might just post something unfounded like Arterra is giving me all his RIFT,VOID and cosmos sets for christmas presents for a few newly level 50s.

I enjoy spamming in town "(NAME HERE) IS GIVING AWAY FREE GOLD!!!!" then all the noobs trade him and I get yelled at, hahahaha.

Rusalio
12-11-2010, 06:56 PM
hahahahahah, never thought of that. so hows the following fair? I'll have to put in on my macro key.

"Mysticaldream IS GIVING AWAY FREE GOLD!!!!"

Arterra
12-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Town crier is a Good idea.

Also gamelover don't hate around suggestion forum. That search bar is USELESS and I can never find what I need easily. Heck, it's not like this is a huge forum with post issues and thread per day limits.

Pharcyde
12-12-2010, 12:21 AM
This idea has already been suggested, please search in the top right corner, if you are a new player I suggest you start with the rules.
Again, top right corner is where you can search for the ideas you want to look for or bring up something or even get advice!

heheh... Did you just really just tell Arterra to go look at the rules? Maybe you should look at the rules because one of them clearly is "Never call Arterra a new player" :p. P.S. New players don't have a post count of 3,031.

omnipresence
12-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Ya, give the town crier some purpose. Poor guy has been speechless for ages.

Arterra
03-17-2011, 08:46 PM
bump

ps my reasoning is that it is better than making a new thread

Otukura
03-18-2011, 01:30 AM
Maybe make the initial posting fee however much, then 1 plat/1-2k gold to bump back up.

Necrobane
03-18-2011, 01:42 AM
Love it, And I like your reasoning behind having one in dif towns. :)

Arterra
05-07-2011, 03:42 PM
this idea has been bounced around a little recently, maybe it is time to revive this thread.

jaminn
05-07-2011, 09:14 PM
im going for 2.5k to 7.5k

I still agree to 5 to 10 because it shouldn't be really cheap and. It is easy to get that much at higher lvls and I feel most people that will use it will be level 45+

Mageprodigy
05-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Cool idea! Sounds awesomme!

WhoIsThis
05-09-2011, 09:28 PM
It's a good idea and will hopefully get people to meet the people that they need or want.

My biggest concern though is that it will get spammed with "power levelling wanted" posts.

I enjoy spamming in town "(NAME HERE) IS GIVING AWAY FREE GOLD!!!!" then all the noobs trade him and I get yelled at, hahahaha.

That is another problem. The poster should be easily identifiable (needed for many reasons, ex: if someone is selling a service), and there needs to be a way to report inappropriate posts.

Other thoughts:
When a person clicks, they should be encountered with a details tab. Perhaps there is where a person can report a post, just like how a person reports a player for inappropriate behaviour. The poster should also specify when they are online, because people from all over the world (and hence different time zones) play this game. Perhaps there should be subcategories, such as people who wish to buy a service, versus those that are offering something (either for free to help novice players or for cash, or other activities such as selling sets of items - this could reach a larger audience as only a small percentage of players who play use the forums). How do you think it should be divided Arterra?

Arterra
05-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Well frankly people can use plain old text for innalropiate things, so there really is little to think of when you translate it to the board. It will happen, and there will just hae to be a report. Also, a ban for the board abuse would have to be worse than just saying something due to it being up for much longer...

You could either divide the menu into trade areas, general, etc like on a forum (lol) or you could simply have it depend on the town you are in. Balefort of course will be full of trade messages. Forest haven with lots of help requests, and elsewhere a mix.
Also, not really any need to worry about time differences. Stick a time stamp on the last message and you will be able to tell if it is 5 hours ago or what. Also, new messages crowding out old messages takes care of it.