PDA

View Full Version : Swamps unplayable on 3G iPhone

Grubmeyer
05-06-2010, 01:36 PM
PL always was a bit laggy, but up until swamps was released it was manageable. With a full party up against a set of 3-5 mobs reduces my framerate to less than 1fps, thus making it impossible to play. Often times when I join a game and play through a level, the most of what I see is my xp bar increasing, and my drops showing across the screen. Typically if I run to far ahead of the rest of the group, I'm dead before I even realize that I was being hit. I hope this gets fixed soon, right now it's almost impossible to play on an iPhone 3G.

Justg
05-06-2010, 01:37 PM
We are working on some optimizations now. In the meantime, have you turned off anti-aliasing and turned it to low quality (through options screens)?

TheBaconKing
05-06-2010, 01:43 PM
We are working on some optimizations now. In the meantime, have you turned off anti-aliasing and turned it to low quality (through options screens)?

Yeah I had to turn it to low quality on my 3g iPhone as well. Still gets super hot, but not near as choppy.

I cannot wait till I am eligible for a new phone this summer.. AT&T makes new customers wait a year and a half, unlike the year current customers had to wait.

FeralDruid
05-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah I had to turn it to low quality on my 3g iPhone as well. Still gets super hot, but not near as choppy.

I cannot wait till I am eligible for a new phone this summer.. AT&T makes new customers wait a year and a half, unlike the year current customers had to wait.

Yeah, but we're not gonna be stuck with the 3Gs... We'll be eligible for the NEW hotness... That's a TRUE update in apple fashion imho.

Justg
05-06-2010, 01:59 PM
I hear ya... I still have a 3G and it is time it was taken out to pasture. And shot.

Splurd
05-07-2010, 02:04 AM
I am always paranoid about the heat, that my fingers will get radiation from the phone and when I'm in my 70's I'd have finger cancer and I cant play games anymore when I retire.

Yeah, the heat freaks me out =x

nerdherd
05-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Playing on an iPad with low detail the swamps have a very poor framerate. If I turn on high quality it's totally unplayable, even if I'm the only player on the map. Hopefully the code optimizations will speed it up!

Justg
05-07-2010, 11:25 AM
If you folks close all open browser windows (each window uses memory) and restart your devices does performance increase at all?

jazix
05-07-2010, 01:29 PM
If you folks close all open browser windows (each window uses memory) and restart your devices does performance increase at all?

I only ever keep one tab open at a time (usually google reader) but replacing it with a blank tab and restarting had no noticable performance increase.

Odvar
05-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Lag is worse since this update not sure what was optimized

nerdherd
05-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but doesn't seem to help. Is there a way I can see the FPS displayed so I can give you exact numbers?

Cloudstrike
05-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Still very hard to play

Thelonearcher
05-13-2010, 07:23 PM
I have had the same heat problem with my iPod touch guys but I turned down brightness turned off Bluetooth. My iPod rarely heats up as I play and allows me to play for long times without stoping try turning brightness down and Bluetooth of. I hope this helps. 

asommers
05-13-2010, 07:41 PM
I hear you. 1.3 will be focused on optimizations. We will see what can be done in the meantime.

-ALS

Violentsaint
05-13-2010, 07:46 PM
thanks for the tip about high and low detail

ive always played on high detail and played with a ping of like 700-1000

i just turned high detail off, saw no visual difference in the swamps all all, yet my ping is now around 400-500

thanks for the tip

if theres any visual difference, can u tell me because i couldnt tell.

EDIT: trees in swamp dont have branches anymore, lol id sacrifice branches for less lag anyday!

btw my ipod touch never gets hot playing pocket legends, maybe u guys just play it too much lol

Violentsaint
05-13-2010, 07:56 PM
whats antialiasing mean in options, mines unticked for some reason. what happens if i tick it?

EDIT: i just ticked it, it makes the screen a bit fuzzy, im guessing it makes the details a bit less sharp and improves game performance.