PDA

View Full Version : Will there be Cyber Weapons?

lce
12-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Ok, So far we have been given the helm and armour and now I think of it a weapon should be released which gives bonus stats like other sets

giayuan
12-11-2010, 01:18 PM
thats whay everyone is currently waiting for, cyber weapons
i bet the devs mite not have thought of this and qfter mention, are makin it now lol

lce
12-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Woooo lol I guess Wraith/Cosmos/rift will be worthless then

gray
12-11-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm sure they haven't released it yet on purpose.
Darn those Devs and their crafty ways...
But seriously, I want some freakin cyber weapons...like the rest of the 50s here
Please Devs? :(

Gaabob
12-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Most likely cyber shield/wing/eye will be released next, followed by possible cyber weapons. What would be coolest is if the cybers ended up as sets... Epic awesome!

Though I have no time for pl recently.. So still on like totem 12 lol

Superzarop
12-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Maybe the set will be talon wing for void, 2-h wep for rift and wand eye for cosmos, that way the prices of power armor, wraith armor and mega blaster might still keep over 100k...

Seratonin
12-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Prices will drop eventually, just have to wait until people start finishing their quests. I saw 20 rift armor on the AH yesterday from 600k to 375k... The armor wont sell, and the prices will continue to drop, making it easier for people to play with builds. I'm thinking this gearing up is for the new challenge ahead on Elite Dungeon campaigns... Hope it's better than Vlaps!

Haikus
12-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Since my start of playing PL in April( first day of touch release..), I don't remember weekend updates... if there has been, theres been very, very few of them. I think they should do like counter sets of what we have. I haven't even been on to get one totem for the first one but... Like a two hand cyber rift set, one hand cyber void set, and a one hand cyber cosmos set. Since, we have bonus with sword and shield with rift, and bonus with staff/blaster with void/cosmos. Therefore, we'd have best of both worlds. :)

Rikter
12-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Since my start of playing PL in April( first day of touch release..), I don't remember weekend updates... if there has been, theres been very, very few of them. I think they should do like counter sets of what we have. I haven't even been on to get one totem for the first one but... Like a two hand cyber rift set, one hand cyber void set, and a one hand cyber cosmos set. Since, we have bonus with sword and shield with rift, and bonus with staff/blaster with void/cosmos. Therefore, we'd have best of both worlds. :)

That is a phenomenal idea, and I hope you're right about it :)

RedRyder
12-11-2010, 04:59 PM
My guess is 2h weapons for all classes. Less work on the devs part and more fair for the rest of us

KingFu
12-11-2010, 05:06 PM

I think wand for cosmos. For the 1H since we have a 2H for cosmos already. Only problem with this I see is. Won't it be stronger than the order sets? I think we the added damage of a 2H, with a set bonus, it'll beat the crappy scimitar. I think the devs have to choose wiseley for the 2H for war. And VERY carefully for the set bonus to not be X10 better than the normal ones.

Edit:

I kinda think the weapons should be 100% new. I kinda think they should all be 2H, one for each class and that's it. Cosmos is cheap as heck Now, so they should try not and lower the prices. Well see though...

Pharcyde
12-11-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm a dopeboy when it comes to releases, I'm addicted.

I just got my armor and am currently working on helm :). I think they are slowly releasing it on purpose. 100 totems is daunting enough, yet alone 50 shards and whatever weapons and shields will require. So to motivate people I think they are taking baby steps with it :D

Haikus
12-11-2010, 07:05 PM
I think wand for cosmos. For the 1H since we have a 2H for cosmos already. Only problem with this I see is. Won't it be stronger than the order sets? I think we the added damage of a 2H, with a set bonus, it'll beat the crappy scimitar. I think the devs have to choose wiseley for the 2H for war. And VERY carefully for the set bonus to not be X10 better than the normal ones.

Edit:

I kinda think the weapons should be 100% new. I kinda think they should all be 2H, one for each class and that's it. Cosmos is cheap as heck Now, so they should try not and lower the prices. Well see though...

Mhm, but counters for all. Meaning wand and shield bonus for Cosmos. Talon and wIng bonus for Void. Hammer/Axe/Sword (whichever) bonus with Rift. Nothing too serious. Bonus not as strong as previous, just like a teeny boost. And like that blue glow effect, like how cyber is. Not sparkles. Or just no bonus, with the blue glow effect! Point blank, I just want blue glow! I haven't done any, but that'll give me a motive to actually do them.

Lesrider
12-11-2010, 10:14 PM
I didn't read all the posts here, but here's my 2 cents:

Right now, mega blaster is the only weapon worth any gold at all. Most weapons are now under 50k.
If they create new cyber weapons, well, the looted items will be worth absolutely nothing. I mean, like people will most likely liquidate them.

I dunno, I really don't see where all this is going, other than to make gold worthless and ao3 pointless once the quests are over. Why should this be? All other campaigns still have people going back to farm even at lvl 50, bc there are worthwhile items there to farm. Why are the devs trying to get rid of the farming aspect in ao3?

I just don't get it. Really. It boggles my mind. It started off as a great, challenging campaign that required teamwork from all three classes. Slowly but surely, they have turned a wonderful map into crap.

Pharcyde
12-12-2010, 12:30 AM
I didn't read all the posts here, but here's my 2 cents:

Right now, mega blaster is the only weapon worth any gold at all. Most weapons are now under 50k.
If they create new cyber weapons, well, the looted items will be worth absolutely nothing. I mean, like people will most likely liquidate them.

I dunno, I really don't see where all this is going, other than to make gold worthless and ao3 pointless once the quests are over. Why should this be? All other campaigns still have people going back to farm even at lvl 50, bc there are worthwhile items there to farm. Why are the devs trying to get rid of the farming aspect in ao3?

I just don't get it. Really. It boggles my mind. It started off as a great, challenging campaign that required teamwork from all three classes. Slowly but surely, they have turned a wonderful map into crap.

basicly ao3 items are casual items now. I know that spacetime continues to blow our expectations for a mobile MMO but one thing we cannot expect is the wide variety this early on. I would be absolutely fine with the prices being so jacked up if there was at least extremely rare epic items that blows cyber out of the park and makes void,cosmos, and rift drops look common. Like maybe one of the extremely rare items could be like... "Cyber gem infused Overlord helmet of the Void". Better then cyber because instead of shards it has a full cyber gem in it.