PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends Wiki

Sickofwork
12-11-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm not sure about the rest of you, but it makes me so sad that there isn't a real legitimate place, aside from the forums and the work-in-progress wiki, for people to get information. The wiki is an awesome idea, but without the help of the community, it's never going to amount to anything more than a starter-type wiki. Over the next few weeks, I'm going to add a ton of stuff to the wiki (the site that was posted in the New Players -> Wiki thread.). Between quests, screen shots, and so on, I'm hoping that we can have a bit more out there than just the basic information.

I'm also planning on adding in a stat/skill builder. You'd be able to go in, input your level and it'd give you the appropriate amount of stat points and skill points that would be available had you fully respecced. Then, you'd be able to go through and increase/decrease stats and get a better idea of how it all would fit together.

I'm also going to add some builds that I've found throughout the forums and I'll be obviously crediting all of those who created them.

I'll be adding equipment/gear sections, and this is where I may need some help. I'm hoping to eventually have all items in the game (for now it'll likely exclude trash/uncommon) listed for people to view the stats, and any other information such as: can they buy it from an NPC, is it a quest reward, is it tradeable/stashable, what boss/mob drops it, and so on. What I think I'll do initially is take the images that Yanis (and all of you who submitted them) posted and use them for the items for right now. Eventually, it'd be awesome to incorporate a 3D view of the items but...baby steps for now. That being said, there are likely many items that don't have a picture posted, or the item isn't posted in general. I may have to see if some of you would take a screen shot, or even allow me to borrow the item to take a quick screen shot.

Sometime during this upcoming week (12/13/10) I'm hoping to post a spreadsheet that would serve as a starter database for all items, etc. What I'm thinking I'll do is have the item name, the stats, the rarity of the item, where it can be found, and then a link to an image of the item (I'll set up an account somewhere that hosts images) for people to click on. This would allow me (us?) to see what we have, and what we'd need. Once that was comfortably updated to as current as we want, then it'd just be a simple process of copying the information over from Excel to the Wikia. Obviously we won't just copy/paste the whole thing, but it'd give us something to refer to same-time as we (I?) update the wikia.

I think that's about it for now. I just think the game is fantastic, and for people to not have a real avenue for seeking information (aside from the forums) is a bit of a let down.

Here's a link to the aforementioned wiki that is currently a WIP (I haven't touched the site yet, fwiw.)

http://pocketlegends.wikia.com/wiki/Pocket_Legends_Wiki

Thoughts, suggestions, comments?

-Sick

Sickofwork
12-11-2010, 05:15 PM
I didn't think about it when I initially posted this thread, but if anyone already has a spreadsheet or database started with some of the information I mentioned above, if you'd be up for it, I could just use a copy of your document and add stuff to that. Just food for thought.

Cabero
12-11-2010, 06:18 PM
You are awesome! I think what you are doing is wonderful. I have learned a lot about the game from the forums but its hard to track down information here. I was shocked when I started this game to find that the devs didn't do that themselves on this website. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Thank you for all your time and effort you have and will put into it.

I would help but for 2 reasons I can't.

1. Only been playing a month. My knowledge of the game is very limited still.
2. Don't know how to do any of the stuff you posted. lol

Sickofwork
12-11-2010, 06:26 PM
You are awesome! I think what you are doing is wonderful. I have learned a lot about the game from the forums but its hard to track down information here. I was shocked when I started this game to find that the devs didn't do that themselves on this website. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Thank you for all your time and effort you have and will put into it.

I would help but for 2 reasons I can't.

1. Only been playing a month. My knowledge of the game is very limited still.
2. Don't know how to do any of the stuff you posted. lol

Oh not to worry at all! Hopefully my initial post didn't seem like I was asking people to help me 100% of the way lol. I was thinking more of the community assisting me with getting images, correcting some errors that I may make when creating new wiki content, etc.

Like you said, it's a huge let down that there isn't anywhere else to go to look up reliable information besides coming here. Hopefully this will remedy that :3