PDA

View Full Version : Rock and roll elites

famousfame
03-27-2014, 01:47 AM
Hi guys just want to share my thoughts re new elite maps, first I wana say is to sts plz plz don't nerf any maps.
The last time I can remember struggling so hard on any elite was bloodhammer time, tht dude was deadly with his bombs and double barrel also I was on legend gear tht time I remember my first and only timed run was like 90mins, now these new mobs and bosses r like wtf!!!! Dude they r just awesomely hard, am loving it, tbh only way u can safely complete level is with 3 maulers in pt and one dps any less maulers and ur in for a real hard time, last boss is prolly hardest iv seen ever and easily one hits 8k+ health wars i was spamming pots like crazy and i would still die forget what he does to mages prolly the sight is enough to kill some mages, he's one evil evil dude for sure and lastly do NOT think you can skip some mobs and run through to boss that would be like a big mistake.
So thank u sts for a very well thought out and executed expansion, its easily the best to date and more or less bug free, no 12sec boss kills to b had here.
Devs are there any plans to bring bosses over to arena?

Sent from my X909 using Tapatalk

Toy
03-27-2014, 01:52 AM
For first time, elites are finally a challenge

alexdroog
03-27-2014, 02:00 AM
First time elite is for arcane players only if u need 3 mauls....

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

famousfame
03-27-2014, 02:12 AM
They seriously buffed them mobs from spear chuckers to scorns evil twin to dam pesky snakes.
Ah and Sam's banish will only work on some mobs :-) :-) :p

uunknownn
03-27-2014, 02:13 AM
please give some consideration to non full mythic players.yes its good that new elite is.challenging but running over 30 imns just to get green items?yes its challenging at first but i wont be last .1hitter mobs+ a large armor?pls nerf a lil sts jist a lil.

famousfame
03-27-2014, 02:14 AM
Some serious strategy required by players.

Eski
03-27-2014, 03:07 AM
Seems like elite deservs the name "dark souls" mode lol

Eski
03-27-2014, 03:10 AM
And the tindirin elite is made for myth/arcane players ,imagin a team made of ppl who use pinks.. that would be a mess

Haligali
03-27-2014, 03:29 AM
I agree with the opening post, very challenging finally and worth to buy elixirs because the loot sells for lot gold, well done!

Xeusx
03-27-2014, 03:53 AM
Im using lvl 40 noob gear and my 3 friends using mythic...we was doing elite hately and bloodhammer the return
And wooot! 6m for elite hately and bloodhammer for 11m, this is awesome runs :)

famousfame
03-27-2014, 03:59 AM
o.O how and gz dude

Aziiii
03-27-2014, 05:13 AM
nice thread fame! :)

famousfame
03-27-2014, 05:15 AM
nice thread fame! :)

Hey hey bia, missing u :-)

Xeusx
03-27-2014, 05:17 AM
o.O how and gz dude

Secret :P hehe xD

famousfame
03-27-2014, 05:18 AM
Secret :P hehe xD

:-( :-(
Shall I line ur pockets with gold :p

himanshugupt
03-27-2014, 05:41 AM
I think they should really make the one hit by mob go away or at least make it a rate occurrence. Mages with 3.8k health and 1.1k armor gets one hit by em

Also another reason is the many people in AL have a brain of a goat. They do tindrin elite with 2.1k health and 800 armor. It's really difficult to get a good mythic team

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

famousfame
03-27-2014, 05:50 AM
I think they should really make the one hit by mob go away or at least make it a rate occurrence. Mages with 3.8k health and 1.1k armor gets one hit by em

Also another reason is the many people in AL have a brain of a goat. They do tindrin elite with 2.1k health and 800 armor. It's really difficult to get a good mythic team

Ahh not cool bro, I remember being same way when I started, game is all about learning and improving urself, every1 shud give it a go, yes gona b near impossible for some but no way should players not even try, its very much doable but u need tactics to finish, aggro small number of mobs and slow and steady will help u win the race. :p

himanshugupt
03-27-2014, 05:52 AM
Ahh not cool bro, I remember being same way when I started, game is all about learning and improving urself, every1 shud give it a go, yes gona b near impossible for some but no way should players not even try, its very much doable but u need tactics to finish, aggro small number of mobs and slow and steady will help u win the race. :p

Well it damages other players experience. But the worst part is if I ask a player to leave map politely they start trash talking lol

famousfame
03-27-2014, 05:55 AM
Well it damages other players experience. But the worst part is if I ask a player to leave map politely they start trash talking lol

Yes dude will happen if u play with randoms pros and cons. Form ur pt b4 u run always bro :-)

utpal
03-27-2014, 07:50 AM
elites shouldnt give epics and rares and common crap.
elite map should giv chest and legendery weapon.

i hate getting craps when wasted 23-35mins in one elite tindirin. lep doesnt help too.

zilicious
03-27-2014, 08:02 AM
Havent try any elite map yet since new elite update :-)

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

keikali
03-27-2014, 08:04 AM
Elites are fun and challenging. I can't remember the last time I potted so fast nonstop till my fingers were numb.

Don't change a thing. Everyone will eventually come up with new strategies to clear the maps and reduce the time.

Serancha
03-27-2014, 08:11 AM
Extensive testing shows that mobs do scale to account for legendary vs mythic armor. Also a party of 3 is much easier than with 4. Remove the fourth person, and those one-hitting scorns no longer one-hit.

It's still hard, but not quite as devastating ;) No nerf needed here.

Sceazikua
03-27-2014, 08:22 AM
Extensive testing shows that mobs do scale to account for legendary vs mythic armor. Also a party of 3 is much easier than with 4. Remove the fourth person, and those one-hitting scorns no longer one-hit.

Wow really?

GoodSyntax
03-27-2014, 08:38 AM
Parties of three has always seemed to be ideal.

Yes, these maps are challenging, but if it's any consolation, they can be soloed, so truthfully, it is a matter of strategy. If you keep your pulls reasonable, and you are willing to reset mobs as needed, you will find that, while difficult, they are not as insane as you probably think.

Remember, this is not Shuyal where your gear can overpower mobs and an average party can just rush in with guns-a-blazin. You will need to be a bit of a tactician to be successful here. Sharpen your skills in normal maps, learn where the reset points are, figure out what your kill priorities should be and you will be just fine.

Speedofsound
03-27-2014, 09:10 AM
Seems like elite deservs the name "dark souls" mode lol

Best console game of all time lol i love it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

keikali
03-27-2014, 09:51 AM

Wow really?

100% Correct. Back in Shuyal Expansion, I always favored 3 Man scaled parties rather than 4 because it is quicker and more efficient, but we wouldn't leave out members just because we want to run 3 mans.

wvhills
03-27-2014, 10:01 AM
get a party member to spam samael: hit his arcane, dismiss, resummon, repeat while the rest crowd control.

famousfame
03-27-2014, 10:12 AM
get a party member to spam samael: hit his arcane, dismiss, resummon, repeat while the rest crowd control.

Sam's banish is pretty ineffective after lvl1, I my self tried and got kill few times when I would try and dismiss and summon, would jot recommend.

famousfame
03-27-2014, 10:18 AM
Havent try any elite map yet since new elite update :-)

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Hey hey zili get prepped little man its gona make ur eyes water and fingers bleed :p

famousfame
03-27-2014, 10:22 AM

i hate getting craps when wasted 23-35mins in one elite tindirin. lep doesnt help too.

Have to agree with u, ran last map last night and after 42mins 1 got elite chest and 3 others got epics, was not impressed.

wvhills
03-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Sam's banish is pretty ineffective after lvl1, I my self tried and got kill few times when I would try and dismiss and summon, would jot recommend.

the ones i've seen have been very effective. you just don't want to get aggro. let the tank go in and gather mobs and the mages do crowd control. Stand back and let ur sam get up to mobs then spam.

Prahasit Prahi
03-27-2014, 10:39 AM
Yea...truly these are what we called elite maps!

Serancha
03-27-2014, 10:51 AM

How exactly does that equal strategy, technique and meeting the challenge sts worked hard to provide?

the ones i've seen have been very effective. you just don't want to get aggro. let the tank go in and gather mobs and the mages do crowd control. Stand back and let ur sam get up to mobs then spam.

Most people I know would call this leeching. Sorry, gotta call it like it is.

famousfame
03-27-2014, 10:53 AM
How exactly does that equal strategy, technique and meeting the challenge sts worked hard to provide?

Strategy of survival at all costs for all :p

GoodSyntax
03-27-2014, 11:04 AM
While it may result in easier, faster runs, anyone that spams banish, uses macros, leaches or is generally disingenuous towards the gameplay won't run with me a second time.

It's a game folks - if you are willing to cheat to win some shiny pixels, more power to you, but I would rather be a broke and undergeared (which I am) master strategist than resort to dishonorable hacks.

Banish spamming is no different than dummy farming in PvP in my eyes, and I fail to see how a Samael resummon + AA macro is "pro."

Anarchist
03-27-2014, 11:58 AM

If elites didn't give you epic and rare items but directly crates and legendary stuff,

crates and legendary stuff will become the current epic and rare stuff you don't want then you would want mythic and arcane items to drop directly from elites....

wvhills
03-27-2014, 12:12 PM

Most people I know would call this leeching. Sorry, gotta call it like it is.

i agree. the purpose of my post was to call it to everyone's attention that this is possible. It's also being done in game. That's a fact. I've messaged sts about it in the past and no actions have been taken to stop pet spamming in either pvp or pve. I'm hoping by getting everyone to do it sts will finally decide it's something they need to address.

wvhills
03-27-2014, 12:15 PM
While it may result in easier, faster runs, anyone that spams banish, uses macros, leaches or is generally disingenuous towards the gameplay won't run with me a second time.

It's a game folks - if you are willing to cheat to win some shiny pixels, more power to you, but I would rather be a broke and undergeared (which I am) master strategist than resort to dishonorable hacks.

Banish spamming is no different than dummy farming in PvP in my eyes, and I fail to see how a Samael resummon + AA macro is "pro."

I agree, please see my above post. :)
Also, i have informed them about macro's and they're not something they are concerned with either. Same with dummy farming.

Rare
03-27-2014, 12:17 PM
i agree. the purpose of my post was to call it to everyone's attention that this is possible. It's also being done in game. That's a fact. I've messaged sts about it in the past and no actions have been taken to stop pet spamming in either pvp or pve. I'm hoping by getting everyone to do it sts will finally decide it's something they need to address.

Get us all Samaels first man. :p

GoodSyntax
03-27-2014, 12:17 PM
Well, I guess it's like we used to say a couple of seasons ago when I was still PvPing and dummy farming just started to take hold.

It's not the stats you look at....you know the pro's when you see them.

famousfame
03-27-2014, 12:26 PM
Well, I guess it's like we used to say a couple of seasons ago when I was still PvPing and dummy farming just started to take hold.

It's not the stats you look at....you know the pro's when you see them.

Couldn't agree with u more, I don't farm, don't macro, don't spam and don't gang and my kdr is kinda boo boo but I'm all pro :p

Summerland
03-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Let's all kiss Famousfame's boo boos cos he's such a rockin' warrior of all time. Feel the kiwi! :kiwi-fruit:

famousfame
03-27-2014, 02:45 PM
Let's all kiss Famousfame's boo boos cos he's such a rockin' warrior of all time. Feel the kiwi! :kiwi-fruit:

Love u 2 sum muah!!!

Carapace
03-27-2014, 03:34 PM
It may be interesting to note that Banish is not going to be as effective in the new Tindirin Elite zones as it was previously, so Banish spam will do little for you in a majority of the Tindirin Elite content.

Fyrce
03-27-2014, 03:35 PM
It's possible w/o all this Sam stuff.

famousfame
03-27-2014, 03:35 PM
It may be interesting to note that Banish is not going to be as effective in the new Tindirin Elite zones as it was previously, so Banish spam will do little for you in a majority of the Tindirin Elite content.

Yes my point exactly,and tht was masterstroke indeed by sts, props to everyone for superb job.

wvhills
03-27-2014, 06:24 PM

Idk, when I see Sam banish 4 of the mobs that are wailing on my I think he's pretty effective. Lol.

Azepeiete
03-27-2014, 08:48 PM
3 maulers is bad, first of all.

Bring at least 2 mages for the crowd control.
1 rogue cuz boss.
Last member is optional. Warrior is prob safest bet, but skilled 4 can do with 3 mage 1 rogue or 2/2 if good strategy

jlmunoz
03-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Elites are fun and challenging. I can't remember the last time I potted so fast nonstop till my fingers were numb.

Don't change a thing. Everyone will eventually come up with new strategies to clear the maps and reduce the time.

I agree with everyone so far... I've been around since day one and when elites first started and ever since, the new elite have always been the ones to overcome... as players we have matured enough to realize we are not strong enough or geared in a way that we can survive every blow but we have learned to overcome, and that is the essence of this game at this moment in time... to learn to use the tools at hand properly.. to learn to work as a "team" on the fly (pugs)... fixing our almost defunct market... please don't nerf it... btw arcane not necessary i have done well with many pugs and i have just mythics, but of course nothing beats good organized guild work... my 2 cents...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

hozukreti
03-27-2014, 09:36 PM
Maul? Samael? Arcane pet and weapon? How much player can enjoy this new elite map? Non mythic player? Give up from elite? Ofc u all can say its need strategy, but with your sam n maul, maybe a lot easier than full legendary player. So from now, new item from elite map going high price since not so many player can get it plus rich player become more rich bcoz only them can looted this new elite set. Am i wrong with this? Why dont you wearing all legendary, try to kill elite bosses with your party, how long u need,how many death. Tell us how fun it is.

GoodSyntax
03-27-2014, 10:38 PM
Maul? Samael? Arcane pet and weapon? How much player can enjoy this new elite map? Non mythic player? Give up from elite? Ofc u all can say its need strategy, but with your sam n maul, maybe a lot easier than full legendary player. So from now, new item from elite map going high price since not so many player can get it plus rich player become more rich bcoz only them can looted this new elite set. Am i wrong with this? Why dont you wearing all legendary, try to kill elite bosses with your party, how long u need,how many death. Tell us how fun it is.

These new maps are challenging, that much is true, but I would like to point out that last season, every solo elite write-up I did was accomplish in Legendary-Only gear.

This season, I have soloed 3 of the 5 maps, and to be completely honest, I own two mythic items - the upgraded helm and armor, the rest of my gear is run-of-the-mill Legendaries. I am hardly rich, in fact, most of my gold revenue goes to buying pots and gems for crafting. I have never had more than 1.5 million gold....ever, so while the rich and arcane may be flashy and have lots of bling, the cliche Skill > Gear still applies. On a whim, last season I soloed Elite Ferrix wearing a lv7 helm and armor - yes, I blew through thousands of pots and died dozens of times, but the fact that it is even achievable is absurd and just further reinforces how important skill and strategy is in these elite maps.

I would strongly recommend that you take the time to review some of my guides in the Elite Chronicles series. They go over, in detail, some of the strategies necessary to be successful. Strategies, such as mob separation, purposeful resets, kiting, terrain utilization, kill prioritization, etc. are all necessary this season. Unlike with the Shuyal expansion, this season, we do not start out with new lv41 Mythic gear, and incredibly powerful weapons; the current crate gear is not comparable to the crate gear last season. This expansion is more like the Kraken Isles campaign, where the elites are truly challenging.

As absurd as these maps may feel now, in the coming weeks, STS plans on releasing newer, more potent gear, so as the available gear evolves, the difficulty level will decrease. Don't feel obligated to immediately complete every elite map within the first week of the release. Each season evolves on it's own timeline, and for those who aggressively farm elites, we were generally disappointed and bored as Shuyal started to wind down.

As of now, these elites are designed for well coordinated parties, competent strategies and mighty struggles. As the learning curve flattens, and new, improved gear is introduced, these elites will become more suitable for your mainstream PUG with disjointed cooperation and wide variances in gear. This evolution will likely take several weeks. In the interim, it seems many players are now farming Elite Nordr and Shuyal, which still offers extremely valuable gear.

I would ask that you give it a few weeks before you pass judgement. A few runs with a solid party may change your mind...

famousfame
03-27-2014, 11:17 PM
Good shout syntax wanted to give u a like but all out :-( thanks for ur comment.

Hiosahaf
03-28-2014, 12:04 AM
Syntax rocks

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Sceazikua
03-28-2014, 12:07 AM
These new maps are challenging, that much is true, but I would like to point out that last season, every solo elite write-up I did was accomplish in Legendary-Only gear.

This season, I have soloed 3 of the 5 maps, and to be completely honest, I own two mythic items - the upgraded helm and armor, the rest of my gear is run-of-the-mill Legendaries. I am hardly rich, in fact, most of my gold revenue goes to buying pots and gems for crafting. I have never had more than 1.5 million gold....ever, so while the rich and arcane may be flashy and have lots of bling, the cliche Skill > Gear still applies. On a whim, last season I soloed Elite Ferrix wearing a lv7 helm and armor - yes, I blew through thousands of pots and died dozens of times, but the fact that it is even achievable is absurd and just further reinforces how important skill and strategy is in these elite maps.

I would strongly recommend that you take the time to review some of my guides in the Elite Chronicles series. They go over, in detail, some of the strategies necessary to be successful. Strategies, such as mob separation, purposeful resets, kiting, terrain utilization, kill prioritization, etc. are all necessary this season. Unlike with the Shuyal expansion, this season, we do not start out with new lv41 Mythic gear, and incredibly powerful weapons; the current crate gear is not comparable to the crate gear last season. This expansion is more like the Kraken Isles campaign, where the elites are truly challenging.

As absurd as these maps may feel now, in the coming weeks, STS plans on releasing newer, more potent gear, so as the available gear evolves, the difficulty level will decrease. Don't feel obligated to immediately complete every elite map within the first week of the release. Each season evolves on it's own timeline, and for those who aggressively farm elites, we were generally disappointed and bored as Shuyal started to wind down.

As of now, these elites are designed for well coordinated parties, competent strategies and mighty struggles. As the learning curve flattens, and new, improved gear is introduced, these elites will become more suitable for your mainstream PUG with disjointed cooperation and wide variances in gear. This evolution will likely take several weeks. In the interim, it seems many players are now farming Elite Nordr and Shuyal, which still offers extremely valuable gear.

I would ask that you give it a few weeks before you pass judgement. A few runs with a solid party may change your mind...

It is well-said as always, kali :) I wish I could say it so well that everyone dont judge me like this.
Thats what Ive been saying to the whiners who cry that elites are too hard. Elites are suposed to be ELITE, not a place that everyone can go in and get everything easily. People want it to be easy and achieveable for the last season gear users, then the new stuff will flood market fast because everyone can do the map, and quickly become nothing. If you are not geared enough, go gear up and stop whining, dudes! ELITES are not the place for anyone who uses smelly helms and broken chains like before.

Anarchist
03-28-2014, 12:47 AM

Sam spammers be like...

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131217234908/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/0/0e/Sad_Batman.jpg

hozukreti
03-28-2014, 06:23 AM
Ok then, thanks for your comment, maybe need more run to this map, solo or with less party member,maybe this make some different experience for me.

GoodSyntax
03-28-2014, 06:44 AM
Ok then, thanks for your comment, maybe need more run to this map, solo or with less party member,maybe this make some different experience for me.

If you need help, or just want someone to run with, PM me anytime and I'd be happy to go over some strategies.

baddiva
03-30-2014, 08:56 AM
Lol... Everyone taking this too serious... Not everyone has the same gaming 'environment' as you pro guys... It could be the duration of playing, gaming skills, concentration, communities, or broadband connection.. everyone has different opinion towards something...
There's no one perfect way to do elites... If you are going for gold making in elites, then yes, you should invest on gears, lixes and party members. Instead you can just have fun in elites with your friends, laughing each other's stupidity or mistargeted aimed that leads to whole party's death... It's all fun... And it's priceless :)

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2