View Full Version : Let us choose our gender!

Fanderay
12-11-2010, 05:18 PM
I have no problem with paying for things in Pocket Legends, but it seems silly that it costs 20P to change sexes, and have only one face available in that gender.

I think we should choose a gender when we create a character, and then the various faces available at the mirror would be either male or female depending on the gender chosen (for example, if you were a female bear, you would see a female panda face in the store).

The modelling requirements to do this are fairly small, and it would personally result in me purchasing more faces (since I'm not too keen on buying a male face).

Besides, this sort of thing just encourages girls to play elves, and who wants to enforce that stereotype :P

KingFu
12-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Enchantress = female enchanter. This has been suggested, and may be nice down the line, but it'd require some changes in names. Changing enchantress to enchanter etc. Maybe have a magic mirror option that hiss a beard, and it can be a freak show?:D

Rusalio
12-11-2010, 05:23 PM
ok..... my take.... EYES ROLL. Oh me oh my... cmon. Aren't the characters obvious and enough alone? BUT, think that PL understands the $$$$ and will make something avail in the future because of demand...

Fanderay
12-11-2010, 05:34 PM
More than anything it's silly NOT to have. It's not a terribly important issue (like class balance, etc) but they could at least make the boring face of the opposite gender just 5P or something (20P is borderline insulting for something that should be standard and doesn't add any content. Expensive vanity gear should at least look cool :P).

Regarding the Enchantress thing, that would work best again if we just selected a gender during character creation (choose: Enchanter or Enchantress).

KingFu
12-11-2010, 05:41 PM
More than anything it's silly NOT to have. It's not a terribly important issue (like class balance, etc) but they could at least make the boring face of the opposite gender just 5P or something (20P is borderline insulting for something that should be standard and doesn't add any content. Expensive vanity gear should at least look cool :P).

Regarding the Enchantress thing, that would work best again if we just selected a gender during character creation (choose: Enchanter or Enchantress).

So you're saying having a male or female character is just as important as stat balance that involved the ACTUAL game play?:rolleyes:

Fanderay
12-11-2010, 05:48 PM
I said it's NOT a terribly important issue like class balance which IS an important issue :P

superglut2
12-12-2010, 03:03 AM
Would make game more fun.

bladesword
12-12-2010, 03:17 AM
I so disagree!
A male mage? ew!
A female Bear?
Smelled, when did you become a female?

I personally dont want a mage with a beard on.

KingFu
12-12-2010, 03:24 AM
I so disagree!
A male mage? ew!
A female Bear?

I personally dont want a mage with a beard on.

Uhm, I never said that.....? Why are you falsely quoting me? Anyways, you can choose your gender. Ask skeller. His bear is a chick;)

Fanderay
12-12-2010, 03:30 AM
Uhm, I never said that.....? Why are you falsely quoting me? Anyways, you can choose your gender. Ask skeller. His bear is a chick;)

A chick that he paid 20p for? :P

KingFu
12-12-2010, 03:35 AM
A chick that he paid 20p for? :P

Woah, lets not get risqué now :p

bladesword
12-12-2010, 03:57 AM
In game ;/
and what!!!??

KingFu
12-12-2010, 04:03 AM
In game ;/
and what!!!??

Hahaha. Risqué=racy. Think it through;)

EricB
12-12-2010, 12:32 PM
LoL hmm, A Wizard character can be easy to achieve with the human model (who already exist as NPC.)

And She-Bears already exists. INT bears waving their cute wands, girly lol.

Btw, i agree, that would gender choice could be fun and bring more customization, wich is never bad. :)

omnipresence
12-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Adding variety and individualization is never a bad idea. Also an easy opportunity for space time to make more plat. Win Win