PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best Arcane pet for PVE tank?

saazapek
03-29-2014, 07:41 AM
Does Singe beat out Sam in regards to pure tanking? Ive also considered whim because of arcane. So if you want to have best pet for tanking new elites (Nordr and up) whats the best pet really? Ive got all the legendary and mythic options but Im looking to invest in Singe, Whim, or Samael. I think Samael is one of the best pets for any class but does the stat boost and damage reduction make Singe a better choice?> Or does Whims crowd control arcane make them a better choice?

Thanks for feedback.

Dehydration
03-30-2014, 05:05 AM
I'd choose Samael instead because of it's Banish and it has passive heal and panic too :)

Hectororius
03-30-2014, 12:19 PM
After running the new elites for over a week now I find it very difficult to collect the mobs for the rogues and mages to be effective. I have their aggro no problem but they don't exactly come running to me.

That being said, Sammy would still be my top choice and then whim.

Cero
04-01-2014, 04:47 AM
Each pet has its own value but if im allowed to choose an arcane pet i would choose ....
Whim FTW!!!

If you gonna allow me to make a party, ill make one with 2rogues, a sorc who uses Ice and clock and my whim as the arcane pet. With this group the tank(me) will lure decent amount of mobs then compress them in one spot with whim's arcane ability. A sorc will then supports me by charging frost to freeze them on the spot then Root 'em using timeshift. This kind of combo allows two of my rogue not to worry about being countered by the mob because the mage Froze and rooted 'em for good. The sorc frost and timeshift is enhanced by whim's arcaned ability better than samael or singe.

Whim pull (compressing all mobs in one spot)
+ frost (froze 'em all so they cant attack)
+ clock (roots 'enemy so they cant run and helps maintain Frost spamming)
= GG

Xeusx
04-01-2014, 04:50 AM
Whim and sam

grumpy
04-01-2014, 10:50 AM
Each pet has its own value but if im allowed to choose an arcane pet i would choose ....
Whim FTW!!!

If you gonna allow me to make a party, ill make one with 2rogues, a sorc who uses Ice and clock and my whim as the arcane pet. With this group the tank(me) will lure decent amount of mobs then compress them in one spot with whim's arcane ability. A sorc will then supports me by charging frost to freeze them on the spot then Root 'em using timeshift. This kind of combo allows two of my rogue not to worry about being countered by the mob because the mage Froze and rooted 'em for good. The sorc frost and timeshift is enhanced by whim's arcaned ability better than samael or singe.

Whim pull (compressing all mobs in one spot)
+ frost (froze 'em all so they cant attack)
+ clock (roots 'enemy so they cant run and helps maintain Frost spamming)
= GG

This.

I ran with a warrior with whim and two other rogues. I am a mage with ice+clock. The result in elite tindirin was devastating. 15-18 min elite tindirin and this was a PUG!