PDA

View Full Version : Increase in Lag/Spikes.

largecommand
03-29-2014, 07:47 PM
I've seen alot of people saying they are lagging and spiking. Now I always think of this as an excuse when someone wins a fight, and I never lag on my home wifi, ever.

But recently I've been experiencing a lot of lagging. At times the fps is so bad that I have a delay on skill casting. Also getting random spikes every 5mins. Now this is my home wifi im talking about.

Anyone else experiencing true lag? Not the excuse one.

Schnitzel
03-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Have you tried turning your WiFi router off and on again? (sorry if this sounds like a over the phone tech support)

Restart your device?

Borrow someone else's WiFi?

largecommand
03-29-2014, 08:03 PM
Well, I 've tried restarting my phone, restarted my router as well.

Other things are 4g even seems slower than usual too.

NotYoCookiez
03-29-2014, 08:25 PM
sameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

but only when i lose

programmed
03-29-2014, 09:34 PM
Well my Internet sucks period no matter what I do but i have been experiencing more lag spikes than normal within these past few weeks.

MrKrone
03-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Using 4g (not lte) i main a constant ping of 560ish. Every two minutes though, 3k spike.

Rolocolo
03-29-2014, 09:40 PM
sameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

but only when i lose

Same, except i lose with swag, not lag

Distension
03-29-2014, 11:22 PM
Have you tried turning your WiFi router off and on again? (sorry if this sounds like a over the phone tech support)

Restart your device?

Borrow someone else's WiFi?

I've seen alot of people saying they are lagging and spiking. Now I always think of this as an excuse when someone wins a fight, and I never lag on my home wifi, ever.

But recently I've been experiencing a lot of lagging. At times the fps is so bad that I have a delay on skill casting. Also getting random spikes every 5mins. Now this is my home wifi im talking about.

First of all, i spike for like 5 minutes every 10-30 minutes and pvp gets annoying.

Second of all, LOL borrow someones Wifi, Funny as hell.

Ill SLAP you so HARD your gonna forget my NAME, IF you dont GIVE me your GOLD. <-- Period

boomzkie
03-30-2014, 02:32 AM
I experience lag spiked lately after the last update :( my stable ping turns to random ping and worse no ping display when i play in ctf and red ping spiked in town that i never experience before the last update hmm.. spiked in pl but i can play utube smooth no buffering deym

FFA
03-30-2014, 02:48 AM
I ussally never spike but I lose all ping when people buff sometimes now.

FortalWao
03-30-2014, 03:53 AM
USA people be like: Omg 51 ping lag wtf
I be like: Woot 120 ping!

I don't see how fps has anything to do with lags tho

ign hugeluck
03-30-2014, 08:11 AM
I truely lag when cloud is watching Netflix for an hour it slows me down

QuaderupleeJr
03-30-2014, 08:25 AM

This is true.... even though my wifi is high with signal strength i still tend to get some spikes and lag

largecommand
03-30-2014, 02:00 PM
I ussally never spike but I lose all ping when people buff sometimes now.

YES YESS!
Same with me, when ever im about to fight I spike. Before when im just talking perfect ping.

largecommand
03-30-2014, 04:36 PM
I don't see how fps has anything to do with lags tho

A lag is a delay in fps.

eminem
03-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Well it could be due to the fact that your device over heats, which causes a lot of lag unless you cool it down. It could also be because of your wifi connection. If you experience lag with a green ping, its most likely to due to over heating or if the device you use cannot bare the games graphic content. Hope i helped.

P.S - My laptop over heats every 20-30 mins of game play. So i do experience a delay in fps until it cools down.

programmed
03-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Well it could be due to the fact that your device over heats, which causes a lot of lag unless you cool it down. It could also be because of your wifi connection. If you experience lag with a green ping, its most likely to due to over heating or if the device you use cannot bare the games graphic content. Hope i helped.

P.S - My laptop over heats every 20-30 mins of game play. So i do experience a delay in fps until it cools down.

I know with me its not my device overheating. My wifi averages between 7 and 30 kilobytes per second which is extremely low compared to today's standard wifi. I always have lag spikes but lately it has been much more than ever. As some people have said when they buff, I spike when I buff. Also when I'm in pve and get surrounded by a large mob of enemies I spike. Those never happened before. It's also not my device being unable to support the graphics. I use a Nexus 7 which I have heard great things about from numerous PL players and I read that it is built for gaming. It's never had any problems except an occasional crash of the game whenever I finish an update. You are absolutely right though, this is most likely the problem you mentioned with some people.

MrKrone
03-30-2014, 05:59 PM
See, but overheating affects framerate, not latency. My htc one s reaches temps of 117f, but it doesnt provide any change in latency compared to when im just starting to play, 78f.