Reunegade
03-29-2014, 09:06 PM
I am thinking of buying one of the following:
Scorch
Shadowlurk
Scorn
Talon
Malison

Which one should I pick? I am hoping to get the best effect out of the platinum/gold I spend, so I don't really want to spend 250 platinum for Scorch unless it is exceptionally useful. I will be an elite farmer.

Kakashis
03-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Hate to say this, but Scorch is actually extremely useful this expansion due to the speed boost. So many red zone one hit deaths that even haze isn't enough to run out of them. Talon was very good last 2 expansions, but what good is max damage if you're dead unless u like plat reviving! Malison high hp isn't good enough when tanks with 6000hp still die. Shadowlurk is good for damage output, but again you'll be squishy.

Lastly, scorn is the most dangerous pet. Losing 20% Armour is pure stupidity especially given the difficulty of this expansion! Only recommended in twink guild wars where 5 players getting 20% damage is like having a 6th player as long as no one else has him. Also to the note that only a tank should be the one to control when to lose the armor. You'll just get yapped at and you'll never hear the end of it if you're a rogue who uses him and u killed your whole team

Trenton
03-29-2014, 09:29 PM
Swaggy I'm going with Scorch, just like every point he/she has said above, Scorch is great. Plus he has great mana regen for rogues, and dat shield x.x That's what I'm going for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Kakashis
03-29-2014, 09:38 PM
Yeah this expansions elite is more about finishing than finishing fast. Unless you have the Arcane ring of course Haha! I know full mythic rogues who have opted for less damage and have more hp (4200hp) and they faired much better. Yes they still died on lame elite mobs, but much less than other full Dex rogues. I'm currently playing around my stats, but yes 2800-3200hp is the stressful death hp range lol

Reunegade
03-30-2014, 07:35 AM
Ok! How does Scorch compete with some arcanes, such as Hammerjaw and Glacian?

Reunegade
03-30-2014, 07:41 AM
Also, how does Scorch compare to old mythics?

Xenobiotic
03-30-2014, 09:14 AM
Ok! How does Scorch compete with some arcanes, such as Hammerjaw and Glacian?
Mythic>Arcane

Also, how does Scorch compare to old mythics?

Old mythic pets? I'd rather have slag/abbadon/grimm than Scorch because
a)Abbadon insane armor
B)Slag stun
c)Grimm debuff

Trenton
03-30-2014, 03:15 PM
Scorch doesn't compete as well as Slag, Grimm has better stats in different areas and debuff, but the only advantage Abaddon has is extra armor, he sorta sucks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Candylicks
03-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Mali, talon, shadow lurk in that order and you can rotate them out to lvl up.

Candylicks
03-30-2014, 06:17 PM
Scorch isn't good pet. The shield is = 1.5 health pots.

Serancha
04-02-2014, 04:16 AM
You're not a real rogue until you have malison, really. Scorch is terrible.

grumpy
04-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Agreed scorch is absolutely useless, i use him as a vanity cause I cant afford singe

Go with malison as a general all-purpose PVE pet for rogue. Shadowlurk is also nice for his dmg and crit granting abilities. Scorn will make you into a glass cannon (hit hard but you will die much faster)

I also highly recommend Ethyl. His AoE slow is extremely useful for NoxBox tactics and not to mention his bonus isnt too shabby either for an epic pet.

I also recommend grim, slag, or abaddon as stated previously. Avoid scorch.