PDA

View Full Version : Looking for lvl 50 players who don't mind "clearing the middle" of VL

Lesrider
12-12-2010, 01:58 PM
So, since the whole cyber quests started, it seems that people only farm keeper. I can't stand doing this -- it makes the game feel more like a chore than a game. It's just too godd*** boring for me to do for more than a couple of runs.

So, you would think I could host my own games (as usual) and do things the way I want -- clear middle, then do keeper, OL, Gurg, and maybe even plothozz and mynas if I feel like it. But even when I say "clear mid," everyone ignores me and rushes to keeper. If I say "I don't want to do just keeper," they say " no problem, we can still rush to OL." Me -- "But we didn't clear mid". Them -- "no need". Then we do it and almost every time someone dies during the rush to the other portal and gives up and leaves (rightfully so). So we end up remaking and doing keeper yet again.

Occasionally I find a few friends on who are all great and listen and are willing to play the way I want. But I'm finding this less and less frequently. I end up doing a couple of runs with people who join my LOCKED game and do as they please. And then I get frustrated and give up. (I've still only got about 81 totems bc each day I get only like 5 before getting too frustrated to play.)

So, I'm looking for some decent players who are willing to clear mid. I play Mage/pally and am looking mostly for birds and some other mages/pallies. Not really looking for bears, since the only one I've played with who hasn't slowed us down is Fluff's Hunnyhunter (thanks for proving that bears can hold aggro, btw!). These games have to be fast to keep me from throwing my iphone out the window.

So yeah, let me know if you're interested and feel free to add Silvanesti.

Seratonin
12-12-2010, 02:01 PM
<- clear middle

Lesrider
12-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Yes Sera, I think my runs with you made me less likely to hit my head against a wall :)
I do invite you when I see you on. As infrequently as I'm on these days...

I also wish wish wish people would only join locked games that they were invited to. I find it so awkward booting people's friends, even though no one actually invited them to join us.

Kujen
12-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Hey Les, right here! lol. I posted that thread about wanting to find people who don't just farm keeper. You told me on my thread to add you and I did, but you haven't accepted my friend request.

Lesrider
12-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Lol oops sorry Kujen. I have so many requests of people I don't know. What's your IGN so I can add you?

Kujen
12-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Kujen is my bird, I use the void set. I've got a bear and mage too but I'm assuming most people prefer me to play the bird.

Lesrider
12-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Ok, I added you :)

skimmey
12-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Iam with u hehe just was some it thisr victims which died in Portal rush iam Film dex bird ign: skimmey

Superzarop
12-12-2010, 04:07 PM
If you dont like killing keeper you can always join my groups. My groups normally do des-ol, but sometimes we do des-ol-king. But we never clear mid cus i find that unnessesary.Even i can make it thru mid and i am a blaster bird.
Anyways, my ign is Tekei if you are intesrested.

Lesrider
12-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Sorry super, bt I'm looking to do at least keeper, OL and Gurg. And I honestly don't care who can stay alive without clearing mid and who can't. I like to clear it.

Skimmey, I already know to invite you :)

skimmey
12-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Oh we are friends already?^^ whats ur ign ? (:

Lesrider
12-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Lol yeah I'm Silvanesti -- I was playing with you when you got stuck in the middle ;) . We ended up quitting after you left.

RedRyder
12-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Les I believe we are already friends, if by do add. I've yet to complete even the cyber armor quest (68 totes) but it's not priority #1. I'd be happy to do all of VL so invite me to your games!

I can play the support Mage role or switch to rift if you so wish me to

Rusalio
12-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Hi les, just invite me too when on....hate the not clearing thing too.

Lesrider
12-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Russ, I haven't seen you on lately. I haven't been on much, tho -- I guess I've just been choosing the wrong time to play?

nbaallamerican
12-12-2010, 07:52 PM
my ign is ishox-add me. Im sick of players avoiding OL. I'm working on getting some good gear for dex bird. I want to dual spec him, so im going for the power armor and mega blaster.

IGN-ishox

Fyrce
12-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Um, there're lots of people doing runs of OL, gurg, Mynas and Keeper. They don't clear the middle though. Everyone should be able to run past there, though the nice bears wait around until everyone passes through. I only do Keeper-only runs until I find another group. Done w/ one toon. Two more to go!

markus
12-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Add me fueron ign

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 01:15 AM
Um, there're lots of people doing runs of OL, gurg, Mynas and Keeper. They don't clear the middle though. Everyone should be able to run past there, though the nice bears wait around until everyone passes through. I only do Keeper-only runs until I find another group. Done w/ one toon. Two more to go!

Clearing the mid goes really fast, and prevents any problems later. Again, I don't care who can or can't survive it. I like to clear the mid. And I'm now managing to find others who are willing to do so. Finally got my first cyber armor! Next up -- helm!

Vaelma
12-13-2010, 01:16 AM
Mememememe!! Invite me!!

I totally agree with you Les. A good sized part of my game is the social part. I love the teasing and joking that goes on between folks while clearing a dungeon. Sometimes you guys are hysterical! But with this new cyber quest and even before it, people were intent on always rushing VL to get the mobs then drop out or rmk. Wash, lather, rinse, repeat

It's not so fun to play with lev 50's right now. I keep ending up in groups that pot!! rush!! rush!! go go go!!! There isn't any time for fun.

I've taken to going to the lower level dungeons to help them complete quests. It's a lot more funner right now cause it
takes a while to clear the levels and we get to bond. Awwwwww. Lol.

I am already a friend of Sylvanesti and feel free to add me to Lesrider. I'm on every night and am thoroughly enjoying my new mage/pally build.

See you in Alterra!!

Seratonin
12-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Clearing the mid goes really fast, and prevents any problems later. Again, I don't care who can or can't survive it. I like to clear the mid. And I'm now managing to find others who are willing to do so. Finally got my first cyber armor! Next up -- helm!

You're welcome =p I'll help you tomorrow. You can arch it up, and I'll mage it up

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 01:36 AM
I added Ishox and Fueron

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 01:38 AM
You're welcome =p I'll help you tomorrow. You can arch it up, and I'll mage it up

Haha first gotta get the helm with my Mage, then I can go archer :)
Thanks again Sera!

KingFu
12-13-2010, 01:38 AM
I like clearing the middle as well, I like clearing it all except the mini bosses by the barrels in the OL area, I don't tend to clear that. I wouldn't mind to though. Igns are in sig, sorry if I don't accept for a while. Lol, long list I should clear it. Hotpocketleg is my most often used character now, don't pve much though, but I'd be willing to:):o

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 01:40 AM
Great, Vaelma! Although I should let you know that I do pot rush OL and Gurg, and half-rush mynas. But mynas and plothozz have yet to drop a quest item for me, so I'm sticking more to keeper, OL and Gurg, and occasionally throwing the other two in for variety.

Seratonin
12-13-2010, 01:41 AM
The LOLbarrels are so fun though!

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 01:42 AM
Cool, Mystic! I'll add you!

Akaee
12-13-2010, 01:46 AM
Always like to clear the middle and go to the different rooms ;-)

Luchta
12-13-2010, 01:50 AM
I honestly need to pass GO's level so I can do the victory laps. Anyone interested?

Cabero
12-13-2010, 02:10 AM
I honestly need to pass GO's level so I can do the victory laps. Anyone interested?

I'll help add Cabero

Make sure you tell me your from the forums lol

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 02:13 AM

We playing Monopoly here? ;)
I don't mind helping, as long as I'm not the only one doing the work, and everyone pots up. I've lost too much money trying to help groups beat the OL, but ended up with them all dead and eventually having a full wipe.

Cabero
12-13-2010, 02:15 AM
We playing Monopoly here? ;)
I don't mind helping, as long as I'm not the only one doing the work, and everyone pots up. I've lost too much money trying to help groups beat the OL, but ended up with them all dead and eventually having a full wipe.

You still doing VL runs Les?

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 02:25 AM
Not tonight, Cabero. It's 2:30 am, going to bed. But feel free to join me tomorrow!

Riccits
12-13-2010, 03:57 AM
Lisa, iam on in 8h! I will kill whatever you want for ;) Only you let stay IB ;)
Have 2 cyber armors and helms yet, so no stress to get the last ones...

Vaelma
12-13-2010, 04:06 AM
Lol yeah I'm Silvanesti -- I was playing with you when you got stuck in the middle ;) . We ended up quitting after you left.

Sounds good! We shall pot it up.

Errrr..... :)

Riccits
12-13-2010, 04:09 AM
BTW: i noticed that prices in shop of items , especially drops from mynas and gurgox (jacobs void, gurgox eye, scimitar) are going up, and items gonna be rarer.. noone does kill them atm... so they would be worth to farm too thought..

Htiek
12-13-2010, 05:24 AM
my farming processing:
clear mid>Keeper>Desert>King>Overlord>Gurg

but it is always have some experienced players request skip mid, desert, king & gurg, cuz bad loot and waste time
so those experienced players skip desert(wand 90k), skip king(sunbless 120k & skull 80k), skip gurg(eye 120k)
but dunno why they dont skip keeper, keeper loot under 40k now

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Lisa, iam on in 8h! I will kill whatever you want for ;) Only you let stay IB ;)
Have 2 cyber armors and helms yet, so no stress to get the last ones...

Lol ok I'll let you join with your slow bear ;)

I'm sorry but I am quite enjoying IB :)
It's good, though -- keeps me from playing only PL and getting bored enough to quit altogether.

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Htiek, add Silvanesti (I'm not sure if we're already friends?) and we can clear all bosses (except for Tpaxx of course).

Seratonin
12-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Htiek, add Silvanesti (I'm not sure if we're already friends?) and we can clear all bosses (except for Tpaxx of course).

VL Tpaxx is garbage!

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 09:47 AM
VL Tpaxx is garbage!

Lol yes, yes he is.

StompArtist
12-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Give me time for a few levels on my Bird and I'll be glad to join you. It annoys me to no end on ANY levels when the level is still showing enemies and people consider it done. It's not done until the game tells you it's done or the phone crashes. lol

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Stomp, I do rush, let me be clear on that. I'm only talking about rushing the middle here. I don't clear all enemies, by any means.

Htiek
12-13-2010, 11:37 AM
and i counted the time
farm keeper & ol only, it take 3mins per round for 2 chances get rares
so keeper(4-40k), ol(80-350k)

farm all boss without tpaxx & clear mid, it take 6-7 mins per round for 5 chances get rares
so keeper(4-40k), ol(80-350k), gurg(30-120k), desert(20-90k), king(40-120k)

which one better?

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 11:37 AM
And RedRyder, just saw your post. Will definitely invite you. If I haven't invited you much yet, it's only bc you're always on when my closest friends are on as well! Certain friends do have priority, sorry ;).
Also, I seem to always have more than enough mages (since I am one), but lacking in birds. When I finish the quest on my Mage and switch to bird, there'll be one more slot open for a mage!

StompArtist
12-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Stomp, I do rush, let me be clear on that. I'm only talking about rushing the middle here. I don't clear all enemies, by any means.

Grrrrr. LOL

KingFu
12-13-2010, 11:40 AM
and i counted the time

farm all boss without tpaxx & clear mid, it take 6-7 mins per round for 5 chances get rares

which one better?

IMO, even if you're doing the tomes. Round two. You still get 3/5 bosses that drop tomes rather than 2/2

So counting bosses that drop tomes. In 6-7 minutes. You get 5/5 bosses that drop tomes. Vs 3/5. With the more bosses for more chances of loot.

Don't forget the 100 gold you get from liquidating tpaxx loot;)

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Lol I do it more to keep me from going stark-raving mad from boredom, than for the loot. I don't really need any loot. I just sold my cosmos robe and Wraith armor before they become worthless. I really don't focus much on the loot anymore when farming ao3 bosses.

and i counted the time

which one better?

Htiek
12-13-2010, 12:07 PM
IMO, even if you're doing the tomes. Round two. You still get 3/5 bosses that drop tomes rather than 2/2

So counting bosses that drop tomes. In 6-7 minutes. You get 5/5 bosses that drop tomes. Vs 3/5. With the more bosses for more chances of loot.

Don't forget the 100 gold you get from liquidating tpaxx loot;)

so which one better? i do all boss but always have experienced players tell me only do 2 boss is best

Lol I do it more to keep me from going stark-raving mad from boredom, than for the loot. I don't really need any loot. I just sold my cosmos robe and Wraith armor before they become worthless. I really don't focus much on the loot anymore when farming ao3 bosses.

i am curious if u dont look for loot, then why u farm? just for fun?
actualy i farming everyday 6 hours, i am look for loot and sell it for money, then i can buy anythings i want
if i dont look for loot, i think i will watch tv or go sleep early lol

Typhee
12-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Didn't read all replies, but I'm up to clear all VL bosses and minibosses, except TPaxx, too greedy... Add me ign Typhee and Bakam ^^

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Htiek, right now I'm just farming for totems/shards for the quest. Doing all bosses keeps it from being too monotonous. Before the quests, I was just farming vyxnaar bc I don't need anything from ao3 anymore.
If not for the quests, I probably wouldn't even be playing PL at all right now.

ONANEBEZ
12-13-2010, 12:40 PM
I really enjoy clearing Mynas for some reason, but I can't even remember the last time I fought him in VL. I also think it's a good idea to clear the opening section. I hate it when they rush right to keeper. Anyone can add me (Onanebez)

CowboyJim
12-13-2010, 04:22 PM
I also prefer to clear middle and do keeper OL gurg....I ran a couple with yu over the weekend......add my pally Juraviel

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Ok, I finished the quests with my Mage. So anyone who wants to continue farming with me, please add my bird Artemisfowll. I know I have a fairly small friends list on there, so please help me fill in the gaps by adding me.

And thanks to all who farmed with me today :)

Htiek
12-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Htiek, right now I'm just farming for totems/shards for the quest. Doing all bosses keeps it from being too monotonous. Before the quests, I was just farming vyxnaar bc I don't need anything from ao3 anymore.
If not for the quests, I probably wouldn't even be playing PL at all right now.

ahh...i see your reason now, so u farming vyxnaar for fun or loot?
same as me i dont need anythings from ao3, i just need large amout money
i had farmed vyxnaar a week, i am look for the helm but i got none
i farmed a week ao3, and earn 1m, that enough to buy 6 vyxnaar helms...
if not for collect items , i will quit pl too

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 04:41 AM
Sorry but where does 1 mill get you six vyxnaar helms? The only time I've seen one in the shop, it was 400k.

And I was farming for the actual Vyx helm, but I was also enjoying the change of pace from ao3. I have a helm now, but I consider it a loaner, so i still need to find one.

Riccits
12-14-2010, 05:31 AM
i will buy 6 vyxnaar for 1mil!!!!!!

Htiek
12-14-2010, 06:06 AM
i just bought some for 150k each, conq & legend, many helm listed some days still havnt sell it
it is around the first patch of nerf rift/void, weapon speed 4.5 that peroid, many ppls quit game that time
when that time, i bought some green-ice at really low price too :D
and after some patch the helm raise to 400 now

Riccits
12-14-2010, 06:23 AM
i just bought some for 150k each, conq & legend, many helm listed some days still havnt sell it
it is around the first patch of nerf rift/void, weapon speed 4.5 that peroid, many ppls quit game that time
when that time, i bought some green-ice at really low price too :D
and after some patch the helm raise to 400 now

u have still some vyx? if yes, would u sell me some? :)

Cabero
12-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Send me a tell sometime when you got a open slot I'm almost always on Cabero.

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Guys, anyone I farm with or wants to farm with me, please add my bird Artemisfowll. I know I'm missing lots of people on there, but can never think of them all!
Thanks!

Alterra
12-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Ok since qst i dont bother with the mddle either. Nobody else does so i dont waste my time trying. We been doing keeper then ol. I rarely die in there but when i do i charge right back to it and get through. I just go with the flow mostly but it grp wants to kill its np ill help kill. Yes u do lose some peeps here and there but not a problem really. Btw im a squishy int mage with leet pwr shield and thousand of pots :)
Anyway gl all and if u came to my map and we didnt clear or u got left behind im sry. Just trying to finish this qst with the limited time i can play pl.
Gl all!

Dena
12-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Add me and invite me Les :) I'd like to clear all for that matter