PDA

View Full Version : Rewards Cycle

aw205
03-29-2014, 11:34 PM
Problem

So, recently STS gave the 2 and 3 year shield! That's great and all but in a couple of years say 2 or 3, people will start asking for more items or " veteran " items/vanities to separate them from the crowd. Why u ask? Well in about 2 or 3 years, lots of people or majority will have these shields and lots of people will have the same "veteran" shield. As a result STS will have to make and design new items to try to please ppl and the cycle will start again sooner or later.

See the pattern?:tongue:

What it should be
This is because the rewards given out, are determined by how much time has pasted since you made your account. What should be done i,s these items should only be available to certain accounts that were made in 2010 or 2011 or even 2012 possibly. This will prevent lots of ppl having the same shields as the years go on. Sure, eventually STS will still have to make new items but at least it will prevent lots of people having the same stuff.

Such as these shields should be like founders or work sorta like the crown of gratitude crown thingy( the blue crown)

Please tell me if you agree or not!:smile:

Distension
03-30-2014, 03:22 AM
Problem

So, recently STS gave the 2 and 3 year shield! That's great and all but in a couple of years say 2 or 3, people will start asking for more items or " veteran " items/vanities to separate them from the crowd. Why u ask? Well in about 2 or 3 years, lots of people or majority will have these shields and lots of people will have the same "veteran" shield. As a result STS will have to make and design new items to try to please ppl and the cycle will start again sooner or later.

See the pattern?:tongue:

What it should be
This is because the rewards given out, are determined by how much time has pasted since you made your account. What should be done i,s these items should only be available to certain accounts that were made in 2010 or 2011 or even 2012 possibly. This will prevent lots of ppl having the same shields as the years go on. Sure, eventually STS will still have to make new items but at least it will prevent lots of people having the same stuff.

Such as these shields should be like founders or work sorta like the crown of gratitude crown thingy( the blue crown)

Please tell me if you agree or not!:smile:

Agree, like when the Blue PL shield came out, i hated it.

PS. I hate the silver one but dont have the Red one. (I WNT IT) :)

Ill SLAP you so HARD your gonna forget my NAME, IF you dont GIVE me your GOLD. <-- Period

PL•ayer
03-30-2014, 09:03 AM
Sts only needs to design a new veteran item once a year, I think they can handle it. A vet item should be based off of how long ago your account was made, not the year of your join date. If, like you said, accounts with 2010, 2011, or possibly even 2012 join dates only got these now exclusive shields, where would the incentive for the 2013 players to stick around be? What about 2014? For them, it would be like missing out on a founder's item every single year.

The items that are based on join date, such as founders and sog, are justified because they're not being reproduced every year.

XghostzX
03-30-2014, 11:47 AM
As player said above, they should be able to design one shield per year and just keep adding on, and on.

If STS doesn't do this, then these shields were kind of a waist and essentially just a free vanity shield for everyone. Although I do think in broader terms for newer players that's a fun, and enjoyable way to know that you're being rewarded for playing.