PDA

View Full Version : Elite Maps are SOOOO HARDDDDD!!!!

Energizeric
03-30-2014, 03:08 AM
I see everyone complaining about how hard these new elite maps are. I too have become frustrated a few times, once having died about 30 times during a run on map #5 that took over an hour, only to loot a green "rare" item and no teeth.

Whether or not to make these maps easier is a big dilemma... If they make the maps easier, then the elite magma items are going to go WAY DOWN in price. Yes, we will then be able to run these maps in 10-15 minutes instead of 30-60 minutes, but it will no longer be possible to loot a top magma weapon worth 2-3m. Instead the best items will be worth 300-500k like was the case in elite shuyal last season. Right now if you get any sort of magma item on elite maps 2-5 (not counting "the wilds" as that map is already pretty easy), it is worth 500k+. Last season in elite shuyal, you could loot an architect item that was worth 5k. It happened to me quite often and was discouraging to say the last.

After thinking about it all evening, I think they should keep it hard. While it becomes frustrating at times, and it does force us to make a decision about how much we care about PvE deaths, I do think there is a certain amount of excitement in the possibility of looting a really pricey item. If the best I can do is loot an item worth 500k, and there is a possibility I could re-roll to a legendary item worth only 5k, I probably would not bother running elites much. But with the possibility of looting items worth 2m+, it keeps me out there. Even if it means I die a ton and I only have time to run 2 or 3 elites each day, it still keeps the game more exciting.

Also, as the season progresses, they are going to release newer and better weapons, including new mythics. And those will boost our stats and make these dungeons a bit easier. So I suggest everyone have some patience and do your best. Remember there is no leaderboard for KDR, only for kills. So enjoy these hard dungeons, and if you die a ton like I do, just get back up and keep trying. Maybe you will get lucky and strike it rich!

Linkincena
03-30-2014, 03:11 AM
Needs arcanes to feel the ease in current maps..
Making them easy would be unfair..

Anarchist
03-30-2014, 03:37 AM
The only difficulty i encounter on the new elites is the fact people quit in the middle of runs...

For example yesterday out of 15 attempts on tindirin elites only 2 ended with the boss dead.

This piss me off.

#IfYouKnowYouAreQuitterWarnMeSoIDon'tWasteMyPotsAn dDeaths.

Daddyblu
03-30-2014, 03:42 AM
the elite maps are fine with me.

they are not as hard as you think if you have the right team.

TeaCake
03-30-2014, 05:09 AM
I feel you lol

utpal
03-30-2014, 05:24 AM
lol idk who gonna buy those lame magma gear who hav mythic set since season4.

also magma will set cost 3m. and ppl who can afford 3m can also afford mythic set.
mythic set best set so ppl gonna buy mythic set instead of magma gear.

only magma weapons r worth farming.

so better not to do hard elite maps. i m doing only easy elites atm like mali wrathjaw and kettle hunt.

Deadroth
03-30-2014, 06:08 AM
I would polemise. None will buy it, Magma gear seems up compared to myth and it is LITTLE BIT BETTER than conquistador gear.
I don't see point to make something expensive from it, since it isn't worth its price. I definitley prefer to buy mythic set than magma gear lol.
To those who want to get midas (i will add they have at least 3 myths in their eq) elites are fine,
to others - no. However, Only elites which are possible to do to PURE unmythic mage are elites from brackenridge, yrda, death city and a lil bit kraken isles.
Nordr is real pain, i will apart from shuyal and enclave elites now...

Ishtmeet
03-30-2014, 06:13 AM
Love these Elites... Don't reduce the level of the hardness. Quitters Complaint :)

Candylicks
03-30-2014, 06:22 AM
The death as mage wracking up running elites is a little sad, I have to admit. But I like to farm these weaps people buying up! So I do it.

And yes elite shuyal is off.the.chain. I took friend there yesterday for elite inan. The mobs are really hard. I get one shot from the mage clouds, and the red cone is so huge there is no where to stand.

keikali
03-30-2014, 08:19 AM
Good points. As many times as I have ran back, it is well worth it when you loot an item that is 500K+. Heck if you loot an Elite Golden Dragonscale chest, that is already around 100k+. Well worth it.

The Shuyal Expansion was WAY too easy being the fact I was able to solo a majority of them. This time around it seems more challenging and my fingers are probably getting numb from potting.

supersyan
03-30-2014, 08:34 AM
i earned 200 death today . and looted 2 geen item, 1 tooth. Happy farming :)

Candylicks
03-30-2014, 08:58 AM
The Shuyal Expansion was WAY too easy being the fact I was able to solo a majority of them. This time around it seems more challenging and my fingers are probably getting numb from potting.

OK but the red cone of death lights up my whole screen. Where ya supposed to stand to kill mobs? IMO it's a little much. Id rather spend time farm new elites right now.

Endkey
03-30-2014, 09:00 AM
are they harder than my....:P nvm nothin can beat that lol...havnt tried em out yet...im waiting for the pros to make tactics..when they do..then ill finish them just for the aps :D

Candylicks
03-30-2014, 09:03 AM
are they harder than my....:P nvm nothin can beat that lol...havnt tried em out yet...im waiting for the pros to make tactics..when they do..then ill finish them just for the aps :D

I spit my coffee out banana man.

GoodSyntax
03-30-2014, 09:08 AM
The only this that is "too hard" in my opinion is Elite Rendtail - and by that, I mean just the boss, not the run to get there.

The Caves of Tarewa are borderline impossible to solo, but in party, I don't find it too difficult. Yes, there are a lot of one-hitters in these maps, but as the OP said, the promise of an extremely valuable drop keeps me coming back. So far, I have soloed every map except Rendtail, so while very challenging, I find them all appropriate for an elite map.

To be honest, the only thing that is too hard is the amount of pots I burn through during an extended farming run. Right now, while the drops are valuable, I am torching 5-7k HP pots and an equivalent number of mana pots per day. This is on top of buying reroll and the dozens of plat revives I go through per day. The gold and plat expenditures right now are grossly OP.

Crowsfoot
03-30-2014, 09:13 AM
I see everyone complaining about how hard these new elite maps are. I too have become frustrated a few times, once having died about 30 times during a run on map #5 that took over an hour, only to loot a green "rare" item and no teeth.

Whether or not to make these maps easier is a big dilemma... If they make the maps easier, then the elite magma items are going to go WAY DOWN in price. Yes, we will then be able to run these maps in 10-15 minutes instead of 30-60 minutes, but it will no longer be possible to loot a top magma weapon worth 2-3m. Instead the best items will be worth 300-500k like was the case in elite shuyal last season. Right now if you get any sort of magma item on elite maps 2-5 (not counting "the wilds" as that map is already pretty easy), it is worth 500k+. Last season in elite shuyal, you could loot an architect item that was worth 5k. It happened to me quite often and was discouraging to say the last.

After thinking about it all evening, I think they should keep it hard. While it becomes frustrating at times, and it does force us to make a decision about how much we care about PvE deaths, I do think there is a certain amount of excitement in the possibility of looting a really pricey item. If the best I can do is loot an item worth 500k, and there is a possibility I could re-roll to a legendary item worth only 5k, I probably would not bother running elites much. But with the possibility of looting items worth 2m+, it keeps me out there. Even if it means I die a ton and I only have time to run 2 or 3 elites each day, it still keeps the game more exciting.

Also, as the season progresses, they are going to release newer and better weapons, including new mythics. And those will boost our stats and make these dungeons a bit easier. So I suggest everyone have some patience and do your best. Remember there is no leaderboard for KDR, only for kills. So enjoy these hard dungeons, and if you die a ton like I do, just get back up and keep trying. Maybe you will get lucky and strike it rich!
Elite mobs are actually very interesting this season. Against the usual method of simply adding more mobs to make it difficult, STS has designed maps with a fairly low mob count but each mob is extremely powerful. Jugg has stopped being the solution and I had to rethink my entire strategy towards elite. I am, for one, satisfied in that aspect.

However, bosses are a different story. I have, so far, run the first four elite maps and all but the first boss ended up one hitting me (troll 3 times, Alargan 1 time, Arachna 2 times). I don't understand why the best way to make a boss difficult was to give them attacks that always kill even the highest HP/Armor characters. I would have liked to see bosses who require strategy rather than total avoidance of their attacks.

IMO no boss should one hit, and no boss should be easy.

Some bosses have been difficult without being one hit your did. I would very much like to see bosses similar to the following in further expansions, since they have been my favorites so far:

1) Gual (I don't know why we haven't seen another boss that spawns bosses)

2) Bael (Heavy debuffs and that annoying shield kept ypou on your toes)

3) Bloodhammer II (Healing with certain attacks forceasn you to keep moving)

4) Alpha Wolf (as annoying as that reflect attack was, it required strategy and was a fun boss when the party didn't rage quit)

5) Overgrow (Kill mages fast or he heals, immortal form short periods, stun lock if you don't move around constantly. Overgrow is probably my all time favorite)

supersyan
03-30-2014, 09:22 AM
forgot to add. The usual fireball stun , ice and clock not working on scorns and snakes. May be new map designed for upcoming skill change.

utpal
03-30-2014, 09:22 AM
Elite mobs are actually very interesting this season. Against the usual method of simply adding more mobs to make it difficult, STS has designed maps with a fairly low mob count but each mob is extremely powerful. Jugg has stopped being the solution and I had to rethink my entire strategy towards elite. I am, for one, satisfied in that aspect.

However, bosses are a different story. I have, so far, run the first four elite maps and all but the first boss ended up one hitting me (troll 3 times, Alargan 1 time, Arachna 2 times). I don't understand why the best way to make a boss difficult was to give them attacks that always kill even the highest HP/Armor characters. I would have liked to see bosses who require strategy rather than total avoidance of their attacks.

wat is ur hp and armour? pet euipped too

Xeusx
03-30-2014, 09:26 AM
forgot to add. The usual fireball stun , ice and clock not working on scorns and snakes. May be new map designed for upcoming skill change.
This post make me happy

Crowsfoot
03-30-2014, 09:27 AM
wat is ur hp and armour? pet euipped too
6k+ HP, 2004 Armor

I also have 5/5 passive armor (+5% of whats displayed on inspect). Not to mention, I had jugg active when the troll landed one of his oh so annoying one hits (thus, even reducing the damage of that attack by 20% one hit me).

Impact
03-30-2014, 09:31 AM
Its impossible to solo them for sure, with s non mythic non arcane team, itll take awhile....

utpal
03-30-2014, 09:53 AM
6k+ HP, 2004 Armor

I also have 5/5 passive armor (+5% of whats displayed on inspect). Not to mention, I had jugg active when the troll landed one of his oh so annoying one hits (thus, even reducing the damage of that attack by 20% one hit me).

the troll boss has one hit skill. u will even if u in normal troll boss. lookout for tht long windup tht also has long red cone area. run left or right or use horn shield.
others skills doesnt one hit unless it crits or the boss is nt feebled i think.

about arcahna, it also has deadly attack. in normal mode it hit me upto 20%hp. bt tht is only one skill tht is very short range similar to cs skill.
combing this deadly skill with extra poison dmg one shots warriors lol.
so in elite arachna u need to avoid only tht short range red area rest easy.

Gorecaster
03-30-2014, 09:56 AM
I appreciate the challenge and think the new maps live up their name "elites". I admit, borderline rage sometimes but it is what it is. And it is hard. Seen the toughest toons go down so it doesn't bother me so much to die knowing even the ballers are getting one shot. The lag seems to compound the difficulty level. Tbh the pinging is what makes me rg. The maps are awesome.

Ellysius
03-30-2014, 10:26 AM
I don't know for you guys,but i just needed some challenge... i think it's a good thing that it's this hard.
Sure you will run it in 30mins,but you have some chance too loot 2M worth item,so you can't expect from STS to lower difficulty :)
It just doesn't make sense.

Sceazikua
03-30-2014, 10:43 AM
I noticed the LB timer is now 10 min or lower. People actually could do it much faster than "30 min" when the elites first came. Im sure others will be able to do it faster too when they know how to do it, like shuyal people actually complete the maps in 2 minutes.

Hectororius
03-30-2014, 10:44 AM
I find the difficulty level creating a divide between plat users and non-plat users. Prior to expansion, you could run through a group of mobs if you died at boss and get back with some skill.

Now if you die at the boss ( those one hit masters) unless you plat revive, you're not really making it back. Normally I would run back to help and pull them through, but I also risk leaving the remaining team of being one hit and resetting the boss completely. Its a very no win situation with all parties involved.

Would be great if either the mobs were scaled back a notch (not much) or bosses lost their one hit ability. There's already enough environmental hazards at the boss fight that having them one hit you too is a bit much.

Candylicks
03-30-2014, 12:01 PM
I find the difficulty level creating a divide between plat users and non-plat users. Prior to expansion, you could run through a group of mobs if you died at boss and get back with some skill.

Now if you die at the boss ( those one hit masters) unless you plat revive, you're not really making it back. Normally I would run back to help and pull them through, but I also risk leaving the remaining team of being one hit and resetting the boss completely. Its a very no win situation with all parties involved.

Would be great if either the mobs were scaled back a notch (not much) or bosses lost their one hit ability. There's already enough environmental hazards at the boss fight that having them one hit you too is a bit much.

This is very good point. I feel badly about the one person who can't run back or plat rev, but I generally am not wanting to go back and help them through again. It's fine line here and I had a friend upset with me over this in game all week.

Energizeric
03-30-2014, 12:17 PM
Those snakes are super hard. It would be nice if there was some way to stun or slow them, but they do not react to my Fireball stun, Ice freeze or Time Clock. They just keep coming at full speed.

Slappityslap
03-30-2014, 12:25 PM
Those snakes are super hard. It would be nice if there was some way to stun or slow them, but they do not react to my Fireball stun, Ice freeze or Time Clock. They just keep coming at full speed.

And can oneshot you which is annoying as hell.

Crowsfoot
03-30-2014, 12:35 PM
the troll boss has one hit skill. u will even if u in normal troll boss. lookout for tht long windup tht also has long red cone area. run left or right or use horn shield.
others skills doesnt one hit unless it crits or the boss is nt feebled i think.

about arcahna, it also has deadly attack. in normal mode it hit me upto 20%hp. bt tht is only one skill tht is very short range similar to cs skill.
combing this deadly skill with extra poison dmg one shots warriors lol.
so in elite arachna u need to avoid only tht short range red area rest easy.
Arachna pulled. Me in, no red zone before this attack, and I didn't have George recharged to stun him. Not much strategy to that boss other than spamming George -_-

Back to the troll, the first one hit was his short range attack while I was switching pets from Sammy to HJ (I cast jugg prior to pet switching so I would survive. It didn't work out too well). The second was the long range attack I ran into to shield a stun locked mage (I was too late and we both died) and the third was a blow with no red zone that thoroughly ticked me off since the boss died before I could even consider reviving.

KingMartin
03-30-2014, 12:54 PM
Speaking (I hope) on behalf of our guild, we enjoy the new elites.

Sure, some one-hits (Alargan, Rendtail) are annoying, but we understand that STS lives from platinum spamming.

I see the problem more in people not willing to listen. If I, for example, say to a tank - please upgrade your horn with invulnerability shield and he spends his plat for some lousy item from the shop then there's no help.

Same goes for the strategy. Every member of the party must have a role inside the pull and that is great.

Elites are not for most PUGs that are being formed - maybe only the first map.

As for me, I would even buff the mobs a bit and maybe reduced the crits from bosses - if ping goes beyond 500, Abomination tends to kill me out of nowhere. And such moments are really annoying.

Anarchist
03-30-2014, 12:58 PM
I agree the troll is malefic..differently from other trolls his attack windups are not only powerful but very very fast.

The only way to survive is reserving your horn for his big red attack or simply running away while potting..

If you can do both it's even better cause his 1 shot attack is accompanied by a super fast minor attack.

It's not fundamental you keep the aggro from others so run around too :P

As for the rest of the party that aren't wars, kit and run around like cockroaches.

Crowsfoot
03-30-2014, 01:15 PM
Yes or no, do you think bosses can be hard without one hitting? (Point made)

Crowsfoot
03-30-2014, 01:20 PM
As for me, I would even buff the mobs a bit and maybe reduced the crits from bosses - if ping goes beyond 500, Abomination tends to kill me out of nowhere. And such moments are really annoying.
Certain mobs should be buffed, certain ones should be nerfed. I don't approve of mobs being immune to stun, freeze, and clocks. I have done the best in a two warrior two rogue party this season with the exclusion of map 1 where a mage is quite helpful.

Bosses shouldn't one hit without landing a critical hit. Its not "difficult" its annoying to non plat users who run elite because they don't have plat. Get your plat from locks, not necessary play revives. Obviously people will still buy plat revives without bosses one hitting.

falmear
03-30-2014, 01:47 PM
Keep these maps hard. Not everyone can farm them or knows how to far them fast. This keeps farming profitable because it keeps a flood of pinks from hitting cs. I hope they don't nerf anything. Yes I am getting one shot by some mobs but I am working around it where possible. The snakes are hard to deal with but people have to learn not to pull 5 or 6 snakes at once. Unless you know how to deal with big pulls, then keep pulls smalls and learn to sneak by stuff. They may need to tweak things a bit but overall I am pretty happy with how elites are.

Energizeric
03-30-2014, 01:51 PM
Funny how warriors have so much problems with the troll. I can solo the troll, he is the only boss I can beat by myself. It takes a long time but I just run circles around him and keep shooting my gun and he is too slow to ever catch me. It actually becomes more difficult with a warrior there as they break up his predictable pattern of chasing the spot where I was 2 seconds ago.

Anarchist
03-30-2014, 01:59 PM
Yes or no, do you think bosses can be hard without one hitting? (Point made)

Yes they can.
And there are many ways to make this possible

Excuses
03-30-2014, 02:06 PM
Honestly I think it's not that bad, but agree it's hard somewhat.
What I feel bad about is

1. We can't play Elite without plats. (I'm not sure how many of you guys would pt who don't have Plat especially it's tank)
2. Elite gears are not really worthy of all we spend(time and plats)
3. And the difficulty of Elite seems to fit with arcane ring and more gears, not the best gears atm.

Just wish teeth drops more than now.

Ah. I just talked with my friends and they say same thing as I felt.
From yesterday, Elite got much hard than before.
Anyone agreed?
Wilds usually took 15-20mins. Now it takes more than 20 miss even with 3 rogues.

hob
03-30-2014, 02:27 PM
the elite maps are fine with me.

they are not as hard as you think if you have the right team.
Agree! coz im finished all elite tindirin maps with my expedition gun, more deaths but its ok :)

Hectororius
03-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Keep these maps hard. Not everyone can farm them or knows how to far them fast. This keeps farming profitable because it keeps a flood of pinks from hitting cs. I hope they don't nerf anything. Yes I am getting one shot by some mobs but I am working around it where possible. The snakes are hard to deal with but people have to learn not to pull 5 or 6 snakes at once. Unless you know how to deal with big pulls, then keep pulls smalls and learn to sneak by stuff. They may need to tweak things a bit but overall I am pretty happy with how elites are.

I think everyone can agree that elites are not for everyone. If you are being consistently one-hit by mobs (regular ones), u might not be ready. Smart play will get you through though as players like kalizza (sp?) Have proven its very doable even solo. But I think we can also agree that having bosses that can one-hit you in a game that is consistently affected by latency issues is a bit unfair to everyone, and not just non-plat users. I would prefer bosses that were difficult combined with environmental hazards to be the true challenge and not just being lucky by avoiding the "one-hit" attack. There does need to be some tweaking done for sure, and I would prefer it at the boss level and not the mob level.

Funny how warriors have so much problems with the troll. I can solo the troll, he is the only boss I can beat by myself. It takes a long time but I just run circles around him and keep shooting my gun and he is too slow to ever catch me. It actually becomes more difficult with a warrior there as they break up his predictable pattern of chasing the spot where I was 2 seconds ago.

Warriors struggle the most because WE HAVE TO be in the danger zone in order to attack. Mages and rogues can get away with ranged attacks, but unless a warrior has Axe throw (not many do) we gotta get in there. But you gave me a great idea on how to fight this troll :)

Serancha
03-30-2014, 08:51 PM
The price of the magmatic potency mage weapon dropped 300k in a few hours today, because so many got listed. Magmatic armor and helm are already dipping below the million mark. This is not even the end of the first week of elite.

Reducing difficulty means the markets will tank within 3 weeks, just like every other season. If this one follows suit, we have 6 months to play these maps, with new, improved gear being released as we go. If they nerf the maps now, they will end up way too easy by mid-season, leading to lack of anything of value to farm. Then we get a repeat of season 5's mess.

falmear
03-30-2014, 09:22 PM
The price of the magmatic potency mage weapon dropped 300k in a few hours today, because so many got listed. Magmatic armor and helm are already dipping below the million mark. This is not even the end of the first week of elite.

Maps 1 (The Wilds) and Map 2 (Jagged Trail) are the two easiest maps. Once people figure out the strategy then the price for these two weapons will drop because the maps get over farmed.

GoodSyntax
03-30-2014, 09:56 PM
I have been thinking about it, and I have to go back to my original suggestion from prior to the Tindirin release.

Eliminate the one-hit bosses, and instead create high DPS bosses that have strong pushback and debuffing attacks. This forces better teamplay/support, forces more player repositioning, and puts teams under constant, but not insurpassable pressure.

The reason why the mobs are more difficult to deal with than the bosses is due to the overwhelming DPS that a handful of snakes and dish out. Creating a boss that can lay down the same level of DPS as group of snakes, along with a multitude of debuffs will be super challenging; and, at the end of the fight, I think it would be more satisfying and more of an adrenaline rush than kiting a slow boss and avoiding the windup attacks.

otb
03-30-2014, 10:14 PM
To be honest, the only thing that is too hard is the amount of pots I burn through during an extended farming run. Right now, while the drops are valuable, I am torching 5-7k HP pots and an equivalent number of mana pots per day. This is on top of buying reroll and the dozens of plat revives I go through per day. The gold and plat expenditures right now are grossly OP.

So bad business in doing elite runs in short. :-)

Elites are like gambling already. Most of the time you lose (because you just loot greens and purples many times) even if you defeat the boss eventually. You spend crazy amount of gold and plats and the loot that you receive just cant keep up with your expenditures.

about magma gear, i dont have experience looting them as i have never finished an elite tindirin map so far, but are they really selling at their current prices? Cuz they dont offer substantial increase in stats, that would justify millions of spending, compared to tarlok and mythic L36 gears.

katish
03-30-2014, 10:52 PM
IMO no boss should one hit, and no boss should be easy.

Some bosses have been difficult without being one hit your did. I would very much like to see bosses similar to the following in further expansions, since they have been my favorites so far:

1) Gual (I don't know why we haven't seen another boss that spawns bosses)

2) Bael (Heavy debuffs and that annoying shield kept ypou on your toes)

3) Bloodhammer II (Healing with certain attacks forceasn you to keep moving)

4) Alpha Wolf (as annoying as that reflect attack was, it required strategy and was a fun boss when the party didn't rage quit)

5) Overgrow (Kill mages fast or he heals, immortal form short periods, stun lock if you don't move around constantly. Overgrow is probably my all time favorite)

I'll add that no boss should one hit and no mob should one hit either - this is just a weak way to make a map harder. I find the new maps difficult but in a frustrating way because I get 1 shot by idk what ..

And I find it even more frustrating, as a mage, that my crowd control skills are useless - seemingly all mobs are resistant to freeze, fb stun and clock - why is tehre even a mage class?

I never saw mob or boss immune to to armor debuff from aimed shot btw..

Milan Lame Man
03-30-2014, 11:02 PM
And I find it even more frustrating, as a mage, that my crowd control skills are useless - seemingly all mobs are resistant to freeze, fb stun and clock - why is tehre even a mage class?
This. Rogue's skills always work, sorcerer's never work.
I don't understand what STS is trying to achieve here, other than making everyone switch to rogue.

otb
03-30-2014, 11:33 PM

This again. :-)

supersyan
03-31-2014, 01:34 AM
And today a single snaggletooth 1 hit me at elite oltgar just before boss die. I respawned but i couldn't get pass the Mobs and others finished boss. lost pots. gold. 15 min and Loot. This elite is a Torture chamber for free players and mages. Either make a close respawn location or some kind of switch after boss spawned. After activating switch the mobs should nerfed. So we can get pass the Mobs without dying

gumball3000
03-31-2014, 01:56 AM
You get one shot when 2 or more red zones intersect with you in the middle.

Anarchist
03-31-2014, 02:06 AM
please keep this game hard.

jlmunoz
03-31-2014, 02:38 AM
Well, when elite started the big troll on dead city was very difficult.. it had an acid punch that killed you with time... and tha was the normal map... later you could walk thru it w/o a problem... gear got better and weapons got better... same now... I like it the way it is.. my efficiency in the maps has improved tenfold... it's a good feeling when you get your reward and it is a good one... easier would spoil the market also and we don't want that... it's best for us to get better and not the other way around. Btw the troll will one hit mostly when the red is all around him not during a red cone... I run out of the red area at that time with the warrior.... others just fight from the distance and kite a lot... lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Kakashis
03-31-2014, 02:59 AM

Who cares about PVE deaths? hehe, it's more about the plats that will be burnt in revives!

Jiarijiba
03-31-2014, 04:11 AM
Hard elite maps must mean good business for STS, so don't expect any radical changes there. But if ice does not freeze, fire balls do not stun and clock does not root mobs, that is a little ridiculous, isnt it.

afrobug
03-31-2014, 05:27 AM
The issue here is whether or not you have plats to spend for revival. If you do, you will probably say elite maps are 'ok'. But if you don't, then you know how difficult it is. Specially the troll, when you die fighting boss running back is extremely difficult, the way to the boss is too narrow and mobs are too many and boy they strike fast. Now this wont be an issue if your party kill all mobs but that would just take too much time considering how tough the mobs are, and not all are willing to do this. I understand, sts needs revenue to keep the game running via plat revivals but I think this is borderline insanity. Bosses kills warriors with one shot, what chances does a rogue and mage have? This is not hard, this is annoying. Btw, I'm not complaining, if sts don't do something about this, it's fine, there are other ways to get money. I'll just stay away from the troll and rendtail. And PS, I still run elite maps just not troll and rendtail. They can really get on to my nerves. After all it's true this season's elites are not just for everyone.

Deadroth
03-31-2014, 05:45 AM

Ofc, soon mages can use succesfully only the attack from gun or staff to dmg mobs lol.. This is awful, yeah... Why to upgrade those skills when they r useless..

bigpang
03-31-2014, 05:47 AM
im agree with the part that you have to revive with plat in order to kill hard bosses :D because bosses like inan'hesh will go enrage and you have to hurry, and also during a fight with him when he takes your aggro you wont survive his attack if your a mage or a rogue , in this point tank is really necessary more than befor , but again who is the master of the game not to take aggro while doing decent damage to a boss well nobody :D

Crowsfoot
03-31-2014, 07:06 AM
Who cares about PVE deaths? hehe, it's more about the plats that will be burnt in revives!
Quick reminder: A LOT of people that run elite, don't buy plat. If STS thinks these bosses will encourage these people to buy plat they are dead wrong. I, for one, will quit before that happens. When Locked crates were introduced in season two, well over half my in game friends quit rather than play a "Pay To Win" game. Elites offered me the outlet to continue playing, and get decent gear, without paying money. It wasn't easy, but it was doable.

Sorcerie
03-31-2014, 07:49 AM
Funny how warriors have so much problems with the troll. I can solo the troll, he is the only boss I can beat by myself. It takes a long time but I just run circles around him and keep shooting my gun and he is too slow to ever catch me. It actually becomes more difficult with a warrior there as they break up his predictable pattern of chasing the spot where I was 2 seconds ago.This.

Last night I did a run with a warrior, mage, and rouge. Allegedly the best team for this map, and we cleared the necessary mobs and made a break for the troll abomination.

No longer than a minute in the rouge and the mage die from the raining meteors and it's just me and the warrior (full mythic with bonesaw) - he lasts for a couple more minutes before he gets one-shot by an ill timed attack I was forced to solo while they tried to get back to the troll.

I solod the troll for 2/3 of his health bar while running for my life the entire time, meanwhile, the rouge and the mage both rage quit because they couldn't get back to boss, and the warrior barely made it back after trying to get them back to boss at least a couple of times.

All in all it was a 49 min run that i practically solo'd only to re-roll a silly green and no tooth. It was very frustrating for all parties involved.

I'm all for difficulty and stuff, but these maps have just become plat/death farms.

I don't know about everyone else, but getting killed constantly makes it very difficult to enjoy the content when the game is basically telling you to gtfo.

wvhills
03-31-2014, 08:06 AM
i'd rather be able to run the maps around 10-15 min with a lower drop rate than the way it is now. That's simply because i don't always have 30-60 min to sit down and play. It hasn't happened to me yet but i've had friends who spent 30 min in one run (and lots of deaths and lots of pots) and have had to leave before we even made it to the boss.

I understand wanting to keep item values high but if I wanted to commit to playing 60 min or so at a time then I would quit this mobile game and start playing WoW.

FluffNStuff
03-31-2014, 09:42 AM

I have to say I agree with this because if they make it easier right now, it will become a JOKE as the season progresses and our gear improves. The only change I would make is due to this:

I'll add that no boss should one hit and no mob should one hit either - this is just a weak way to make a map harder. I find the new maps difficult but in a frustrating way because I get 1 shot by idk what ..

As long as the Mob's and Boss's keep cheat killing us, at least TURN OFF MUTING in elite maps ....

keikali
03-31-2014, 09:53 AM

Agreed. Making mobs or bosses 1 hit us is not a great way to "increase" difficulty and make it challenging.

If I have a fully charged Arcane Shield one WITH a Tank's HoR effect on me, I should NOT be 1 hitted by a mob, plain and simple.

This is forcing users to either buy Elixirs (which don't even help much) or plat rev where you would die again on the spot.

I am enjoying the challenge, but when I have to see half of my party get left out at the boss because they can't pass a group of un-snarable mobs because they didn't use a Plat Rev then it is plain BS.

The biggest example of a really mind blowing mob setup is: FOUR or FIVE, NOT ONE, Snake Lizards who are Immuned to all types of snare effects and even Banish. WHO IN GOD'S name thought of this idea.

Remiem
03-31-2014, 10:24 AM
Thanks Energ. I've been collecting a lot of feedback on the elites this morning to pass along to the team. It does seem like the general consensus is that some major tweaking needs to happen. I appreciate your take on it. :) I'll pass it along.

Haligali
03-31-2014, 10:29 AM
Elites are way too easy. Please dont nerf it, think about the people, who bought the new elite items for lot gold.

Veluthe
03-31-2014, 10:43 AM
I agree. We should keep them as is, a challenge is fun. I usually get frustrated with deaths too but if I have a chance to loot 500k or more item i'm not that bothered. Besides i've run new elites a few times now and I must say that it is possible to die with minimum deaths with efficient geared party and proper stategy. last few times I've ran with mythic guildies and we died no more than 5 times, and even those deaths were due to the tank being bit laggy. Just keep trying and getting back up as others have said. :)

Starkinea
03-31-2014, 10:45 AM
Please don't nerf, it's the only challenge we have atm... We are endgame players who need those tough maps, to find strategies to survive to keep us entertained.
Please consider our side too...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rare
03-31-2014, 10:49 AM
Please don't nerf, it's the only challenge we have atm... We are endgame players who need those tough maps, to find strategies to survive to keep us entertained.
Please consider our side too...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

There's no strategy to being one shot outside of a red zone.

I usually get frustrated with deaths too but if I have a chance to loot 500k or more item i'm not that bothered.

I couldn't care less about dying. It's a loooooong walk back and I'm not interested in burning 100s of plat on revives.

I'm all for strategy, but one shots need to be addressed.

GoodSyntax
03-31-2014, 10:50 AM
While I can appreciate the fact that many find the new elites difficult, I strongly oppose any nerfing to these maps.

The elite Legendary drops that are found here have good value right now precisely because these maps are difficult. Need I remind everyone what happened in Shuyal last season, where all but four pink drops (Architect Blade of Will, Architect Quills of Brutality, Architect Pylon of Brutality, Archon rings, and only if they were lv36) were effectively worthless. Shade, most Architect variants and even EGPs became worthless because those elites were considered very easy, and good parties could run through any map in 10 minutes or less.

This season, these maps are difficult, and, dare I say, elite. Please leave them this way. If anything, make the maps more difficult, so that those whose only source of revenue comes from farming still has a viable income stream. Not everyone has to run the current elites. People who find it too challenging can always farm elite Kraken or Nordr maps. And, not everyone needs to get every elite AP in the first week. Those that are complaining now will likely be the same ones complaining about there being nothing to do in a few weeks time.

Hectororius
03-31-2014, 10:53 AM
Its pretty simple.

You can't have a game with one hit kills when you are dealing with lag and lantency issues. Nobody is saying make the maps easier. We are saying dont make one hit kills part of the game.

One Hit Kills would work great if they game resided on my device and I wasn't dealing with lag and latency, but as soon as I start saying WTF more often than not when I'm clearly not in a danger zone, then it stops being fun and challenging it becomes frustration. I get frustrated enough at a game, then it means its time to move on to something else.

And I dont want to move on to something else.

edit - A game can be very difficult and challenging and not have one hit kills, and still keep our precious farming and economy stable.

Jexetta
03-31-2014, 10:54 AM
The only this that is "too hard" in my opinion is Elite Rendtail - and by that, I mean just the boss, not the run to get there.

The Caves of Tarewa are borderline impossible to solo, but in party, I don't find it too difficult. Yes, there are a lot of one-hitters in these maps, but as the OP said, the promise of an extremely valuable drop keeps me coming back. So far, I have soloed every map except Rendtail, so while very challenging, I find them all appropriate for an elite map.

Kalizzaa, I usually prefer to do solo elites too - I've been working on soloing elite caves and have a pretty good strategy. Trail I got down to around 16 minutes and caves 22 minutes - we definitely need to group up and duo sometime, send me a friend request!

@ one shot kills - the only normal mobs I find terribly difficult are the healer shamans can one shot with their red zone attack and when grouping I spam everyone in the beginning to watch the shaman red zone attack. The yellow armadillo dragons can one shot with no red zone attack (I actually find these the most dangerous but are doable if you keep your distance - try not to pull more than 3 if you're slightly undergeared). Trolls can 1 shot with their red zone attack and I think the elite trolls red zone panic attack is glitched, I see no red zone when they do the panic attack in elite, but I see it in normal. Yellow snake dragons are fun looking, range attacked, but don't really one hit. Ghost shamans are the same as the alive versions but are range attack.

For big giant bosses like Rendtail and the magma dragon, when I tank these sometimes you just need to think that some red zone attacks are just untankable. You can have your horn shield ready, but if it's on cooldown it's usually best to just side step the red zone.

Please don't make elites easier, please, please, please.

Rare
03-31-2014, 10:55 AM
The elite Legendary drops that are found here have good value right now precisely because these maps are difficult. Need I remind everyone what happened in Shuyal last season, where all but four pink drops (Architect Blade of Will, Architect Quills of Brutality, Architect Pylon of Brutality, Archon rings, and only if they were lv36) were effectively worthless. Shade, most Architect variants and even EGPs became worthless because those elites were considered very easy, and good parties could run through any map in 10 minutes or less.

While agree on the difficulty scale, there are a number of reasons those items were of very little value. Especially the armor.

And up until now, STS is addressing those issues: No more mythic upgrades, not scaling loot from arena, and itemization to compensate for length of campaign.

keikali
03-31-2014, 11:08 AM
While I can appreciate the fact that many find the new elites difficult, I strongly oppose any nerfing to these maps.

This season, these maps are difficult, and, dare I say, elite. Please leave them this way. If anything, make the maps more difficult, so that those whose only source of revenue comes from farming still has a viable income stream. Not everyone has to run the current elites. People who find it too challenging can always farm elite Kraken or Nordr maps. And, not everyone needs to get every elite AP in the first week. Those that are complaining now will likely be the same ones complaining about there being nothing to do in a few weeks time.

We aren't really looking for them to "nerf" maps, but more to what Hect's solution was. NO mob or boss in any game should 1 hit you, especially when you aren't in the red KO zone. Making mobs and bosses (1) hit is not a solution to making a map challenging. However making a mob/boss that does not (1) hit you and in return throws tons of Debuffs or DoT's on you is a better suggestion since there are ways to avoid this because if the only way to not get (1) hit is to use a 5 Plat Rev, then what is the point of the game?

Sceazikua
03-31-2014, 11:18 AM
How about reduce their damage (by half?) not to 1 hit kill, but make more stuff like

-Tribal call: more tribal warriors will show up overtime, like 30 seconds or a minute per 5 guys, if their leader (the yellow healer) hasnt died.

-The sacred egg: Pls make the drake harder, while the weakened one is weaker. The dragon is now very easy, only thing that may kill me is his fire breath. Honestly I still dont know what the flashy white light that strikes the whole screen does.

-Poisonous or firy troll: back at my days on dead city, the only thing I find very strong is the troll's poison. It takes away 30% hp per tick, and may result a death if I wasnt careful. Please make something like that, not just 1-h-k boulders and smashes.

-poison environment in cave of Arachna: when you go in the map, everyone gets a warning "poison is in the air, you will die over time!". This environment will decrease our hp by 1% in normal and 2% in elites per sec. Dont make it at the entrance though, it would be frustrating to wait for other party members to come to the map!

-poison puddles: at Arachna reduce the duration of the puddles, but make them appear more frequently from time to time. This will cause surprise and clear the path so people may run around more. Should be fun :)

-Flaming rocks strikes everywhere!: if you stand still for 5 sec in magma corridor and summit, a flame will strike from the ground like the static ones that already exists. These flames lasts 10 sec, and will continue to appear until the player moves! Like poison environment dont make this at the entrance.

Gorecaster
03-31-2014, 11:19 AM
Idk what the solution is, perhaps the upcoming new myths will help but it's strange to me how it seems like my gear isn't holding up... but there's nothing better. The balance seems off. Activity is at an all time low. The best players I know are dying all around me. The loot is minimal at best. More plat being burned than ever before with nothing to show. -.-

keikali
03-31-2014, 11:20 AM
Just an FYI also about one specific mob. Snakes should not be IMMUNED to all snare effects at all. I understand being immuned to Banish to prevent Sam spamming, but not being able to freeze, stun or root is insane.

Limitational
03-31-2014, 11:20 AM
No enemies should be able to one shot you at full health. Most mmo's have something called health gating. Which is literally that. you will endure a one shot kill. even if it resorts in 1 hp. of course wont apply if multiple things hit but come on. a mob being able to one shot me is ridiculous
This isnt going to "ruin the market" so quit complaining about that. were not asking to make them weak. just asking to put some type of anti one shot armour into our characters. i literally have all my mythic armour super gemmed. My amulet and ring are one away from being super gemmed. and my daggers are almost super tarlok gemmed. I should NOT be being one shot. there is seriously something wrong with that
tweak them or add option to purchase revives with gold or story tokens. Because im not wasting plat on this. I might aswell just open lockeds if im gonna waste my plat

notfaded1
03-31-2014, 11:24 AM
Idk what the solution is, perhaps the upcoming new myths will help but it's strange to me how it seems like my gear isn't holding up... but there's nothing better. The balance seems off. Activity is at an all time low. The best players I know are dying all around me. The loot is minimal at best. More plat being burned than ever before with nothing to show. -.-
Gore hit the nail on the head. With the exception of a few elite farmers...

My fear is that a handful of the players on this thread will be the only ones left playing the game. After a while there won't be anyone to sell those items to any longer (that no one but you can get) because your average players will give up... I hope I'm wrong.

I hope the rest of the non mythic and non pro players keep playing. Also for plat revive to revive you into instant death over and over is kinda ridiculous. When you end up going the free route because plat doesn't even work that's pretty bad.

Its pretty bad that without plat revive we're left a the boss with half the party unable to even get back to the boss... and these aren't average players.

All I'm saying is keep in mind that thing about the needs of many outwaying the needs for the few or the one. I've never seen this many frustrated players at once before. This weekend I heard more long time players than ever before say they just sick of the game trying to play.

Madnex
03-31-2014, 11:25 AM
Any changes made now will effectively be a nerf. One shots are not that unfair and there has certainly been some exaggerating done on the way or how often they occur.

octavos
03-31-2014, 11:25 AM
Just one thing ill add to this...and il go away since I don't run elite..just normal maps. :)

One hit kills should just not be considered for any MMO (even more since this is a mobile game..duh right)..debuffs and close to dying should be better (so different % on character classes would help)...we are not all warriors who can take that damage...and some cant even dodge I since we are not rogues. there is no 1/2 way point on any maps so having to walk all the way again makes things more annoying not like PL where mages revive fallen members, but thats all ill add thx for reading.

Boo----have a great day. :ghost:

utpal
03-31-2014, 11:26 AM
nerf needed in mob density.
nerf needed in elite snakes
nerf needed in elite scorns
nerf needed in one hit elite shamans
nerf needed in one hit bosses.

sincerely,
yours legenery geared player

KingMartin
03-31-2014, 11:29 AM
Please don't nerf the elites. Introduce new gear, let us work hard for it, but don't destroy the only challenge in the game that we have.

Look at lb times last season - are the hard core elites really meant to be done in 5 minutes?

Tweek the elites if you really think it's better for your incomes but don't let it be boring.

Btw where are new difficult pve APs?

keikali
03-31-2014, 11:32 AM
Any changes made now will effectively be a nerf. One shots are not that unfair and there has certainly been some exaggerating done on the way or how often they occur.

When I have a fresh fully charged Arcane Shield with my Tank's HoR, with my finger on the pot button, I shouldn't be (1) shotted so quick that I can't see what hit me and no I'm not in a red zone.

When my tank who has 6.5K HP or more and 2K armor, he should not be (1) shotted by a boss. And yes he is a seasoned veteran, not your run of the mill nub with mythics.

No one is asking for a nerf, rather an adjustment on how mobs react and attack. (1) hitting members is not a solution to making a map challenging.

I'm enjoying making the gold from the item drops, why would I WANT to nerf something that is beneficial to me.

Gorecaster
03-31-2014, 11:35 AM
Exaggerations? Lol You haven't been running these maps regularly have you. There's no pull small enough to guarantee that the pt will make it through. And 9x out of 10 if one goes down, the rest follow. See the countless posts from respected forumers most of which I run with, highly skilled and top geared players? They're dying, a lot. We all are. The only exaggeration here is the op maps with no gear available to run successfully.

Sky_is_epicgearz
03-31-2014, 11:35 AM
Just my take but most of the people who are saying not to nerf elite are either fully/max geared (arcanes etc) or platinum users. You are the people who have the pro players (when I say pro I mean other max geared players) with you so yes you'll find it less challenging than the rest of those that either legendary geared or those that can't make it to the boss after dying.
What this would result in is more of the fully geared/plat users looting the good gear. You'll be making 500k+ when you loot an item while those that can't do it because they aren't geared appropriately will have to work with rooks/lock hunting etc... I don't see any other way to earn decent gold at the moment except to do the new elites.
And before you say farm crates and earn enough gold to buy better gear. Everyone took their valuable time to actually level cap in the hope of being able to get better loot drops from elite and progress. By the time you save enough for mythics the elite gear will be watered down in price. The point is that everyone should be able to do the elites. Of course it will take longer for some than others. But come on, getting one hitted by mobs that's laughable xD. I don't mind so much getting one hitted by bosses. After all mobs are meant be hacked and slashed at until you get to the boss where you'll have to play a bit more strategically. When 1 mob can hit you down to 20% with one hit and your pot heals you by 30% every pot, you can see the problem.
For this reason I have kept well away from elite tindrin and concentrated on lock hunting and egg hunting where I don't have to waste so much pots and I'll have a fairly good chance of having something to show for mine and my parties effort.
Ty

Gorecaster
03-31-2014, 11:38 AM
People are spending 15mil on Sammy in the hopes of improving runs. Now that's dedication. Does it work? Lol nope.

Madnex
03-31-2014, 11:39 AM
My point is proven lol. Altering the mobs behaviour/damage output is, essentially, a nerf. The only out of place one-hit KO happens on Abomination boss's red zone, sometimes up to 400k of raw damage but I believe that was intentional.

keikali
03-31-2014, 11:43 AM
My point is proven lol. Altering the mobs behaviour/damage output is, essentially, a nerf. The only out of place one-hit KO happens on Abomination boss's red zone, sometimes up to 400k of raw damage but I believe that was intentional.

Snakes. SNAKES ON A PLANE.

Sky_is_epicgearz
03-31-2014, 11:51 AM
People are spending 15mil on Sammy in the hopes of improving runs. Now that's dedication. Does it work? Lol nope.

Spamming samael is much easier than fighting
True story

keikali
03-31-2014, 11:52 AM
Spamming samael is much easier than fighting
True story

However Samael banishing is not as effective in the new content. Tested. Also where is the fun in doing that.

Haligali
03-31-2014, 11:54 AM
Most of the people who are saying make the new elites easier just want to loot high valuable items in an easy way. Why dont you farm elite rooks nest or lost mages mine, because the loots are cheap? Expensive loot and easy maps are not synonyms.

utpal
03-31-2014, 11:54 AM
honestly, if u see those top new elite weapons and gears in auction, all the sellers are arcane and max geared players.
they hav like 4-5 or more new elite stuffs tht selling for OP price. while poor and avg players cant afford, idk who buys lol.

those maxed geared guys r the ones saying not to nerf or are easy with proper parties.
yes yes!!! its very easy if u r with 4arcane party using all sams as 4sam will heal around 500hp per 3s. and their banish.
bt who cares. we legendery gear users will not be bothered either to do elites nor buying elite stuffs.

and u all maxed players tht get good loots will nvr be sold due to OP prices and will be stacking in their inventory lol.

we legendery users will nvr be able to get those loots as cant run bck to boss.

Kuragasi
03-31-2014, 11:57 AM
I don't think elites should be changed, we are still early into a season with many new changes and ways of doing things. I personally like the challenge these maps offer while frustrating at times at least it makes us work instead of breeze through with top gear.

Also keep in mind there is still more on the horizon, crafting with shard and other means was already hinted at being extended to other items in the future and they may still be releasing new legendaries.

utpal
03-31-2014, 12:00 PM
Most of the people who are saying make the new elites easier just want to loot high valuable items in an easy way. Why dont you farm elite rooks nest or lost mages mine, because the loots are cheap? Expensive loot and easy maps are not synonyms.

which items r valuable? :O
ok. if u say magma gears and weapons r valuable do u wear them?
also ik u saying not to nerf it bt honestly no one cares if nt nerfed. u pro maxed playrs can only burn plats and get good loots selling at high price in auction and no one buys bt u does farming nd getting good loots again and again. so ur invent will get full with these valuable loots. not only u, lots of maxed out player will hav this issue too :D

keikali
03-31-2014, 12:27 PM

I'm making great gold off these drops and I'm asking for a fix. Why on Earth would I ask to nerf something that is beneficial for me?

Also, a majority of the average players are the ones who normally purchase these drops that we loot since they can't really run it with the gear they have. If the average player does not play, who will you sell your loot to? Sure as hell I won't be buying it because my gear is above that. Mercs won't buy it because who will they sell it to?

In the end you are left with no one to sell it to and realize oh right should have gone the other route.

AL is a Capitalistic society just like in the U.S., you have to have the average consumer to survive. Without one or the other, you will have a dead stale economy.

Haligali
03-31-2014, 12:34 PM
which items r valuable? :O
ok. if u say magma gears and weapons r valuable do u wear them?
also ik u saying not to nerf it bt honestly no one cares if nt nerfed. u pro maxed playrs can only burn plats and get good loots selling at high price in auction and no one buys bt u does farming nd getting good loots again and again. so ur invent will get full with these valuable loots. not only u, lots of maxed out player will hav this issue too :D

I see lot people with entombed hammer lvl40, magmatic blades or magmatic claymore. The new sorcerer security suit and helm looks interesting, fits very good in a pvp tanky team play build. Idk about the other classes.

Bigboyblue
03-31-2014, 12:38 PM
I agree that one shoting a well geared tank seems ridiculous. I am a mage. Yes, I should be killed in one shot(by bosses, not mobs). The tank of the party should not. Although if we are outside of the red zone why do we die? This happens often. It would be real nice if there were better ways for the tank to maintain agro as well. All other MMO games I've played have real good options for tanks. They need to maintain all the attacks on them. This unfortunately does not happen in AL. Hopefully the new skill system that is being worked on can make improvements in this area.

Fyrce
03-31-2014, 12:39 PM
I have no clue which people are complaining about what - plat vs non-plat.

That is why I like joining PUGs -- one, I meet new people. two, it's amazing the difference in player levels out there. There are some who are great. There are many who are quite bad. Which type of player should STS target the elite dungeons?

I do agree with Rob -- my biggest thing might be time -- if I have to have over an hour planned to do something, I do not always do it. That said, I do think the majority of elites can be done in under an hour, possibly much less, but it does take work. However, those usual very bad players will likely find it very difficult to get past the mobs to the boss in a reasonable amount of time.

Personally I like the new elites, perhaps with a tiny bit of tweaking. I am not sure I mind the non-stoppable snakes. With a bit of strategy where the mage stops everything else, the rogue or rest of the party can work on the big snakes/scorns.

I think it really depends on how much of a population STS wants in Elites.

csyui
03-31-2014, 12:43 PM
Elite players won't complain about the difficulty of elite map.

notfaded1
03-31-2014, 12:47 PM
Yeah those snakes in the last hallway is ridiculous... God for forbid you try and plat revive...o.O Good luck with that.

I'm not even sure better gear will change this problem because like kei said... even those few that don't want their farmed gear to be easier to get won't matter because there won't be anyone to buy it any longer.

Haligali
03-31-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm making great gold off these drops and I'm asking for a fix. Why on Earth would I ask to nerf something that is beneficial for me?

Also, a majority of the average players are the ones who normally purchase these drops that we loot since they can't really run it with the gear they have. If the average player does not play, who will you sell your loot to? Sure as hell I won't be buying it because my gear is above that. Mercs won't buy it because who will they sell it to?

In the end you are left with no one to sell it to and realize oh right should have gone the other route.

AL is a Capitalistic society just like in the U.S., you have to have the average consumer to survive. Without one or the other, you will have a dead stale economy.

What will you say to those who bought magmatic blades or entombed hammers for 1-1.5m gold now, when they drop to the 3-400k range immediately.

Guys remember what the old Bjorn said:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/01/ebamyjus.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/01/yzune4yd.jpg

'They are very dangerous, but the rewards can be well worth the risk!'

utpal
03-31-2014, 01:01 PM
What will you say to those who bought magmatic blades or entombed hammers for 1-1.5m gold now, when they drop to the 3-400k range immediately.

well if they hav bought then they r able to do new elites better and has even got good loots to make up their loss buying weapon for 1.5m.
and m eagerly waiting price drop to 300-400k lol.

keikali
03-31-2014, 01:07 PM
What will you say to those who bought magmaticWhatblades or entombed hammers for 1-1.5m gold now, when they drop to the 3-400k range immediately.

'They are very dangerous, but the rewards can be well worth the risk!'

Can you tell me what kind of player bought that? Your average player. What will you say when there are no players to purchase it anymore? It can be 5m for all I care, if you have no one purchasing it then it's pointless.

GoodSyntax
03-31-2014, 01:14 PM
Exaggerations? Lol You haven't been running these maps regularly have you. There's no pull small enough to guarantee that the pt will make it through. And 9x out of 10 if one goes down, the rest follow. See the countless posts from respected forumers most of which I run with, highly skilled and top geared players? They're dying, a lot. We all are. The only exaggeration here is the op maps with no gear available to run successfully.

I can tell you with 100% certainty, that I have a strategy in The Wilds that ensures you face no more than 3 mobs at a time, and never in combination of ranged and melee mobs. And, most of the time, it is usually one or two at a time. Yes, it's a longer run...perhaps 30 mins solo, but very easy to manage.

The other maps are a bit more challenging, but the first map, if done properly, can be beaten by just about anyone, solo or in party.

Haligali
03-31-2014, 01:14 PM
Can you tell me what kind of player bought that? Your average player. What will you say when there are no players to purchase it anymore? It can be 5m for all I care, if you have no one purchasing it then it's pointless.

My non-plat friends already bought entombed lvl40.

Energizeric
03-31-2014, 01:22 PM
I think a big problem in these elites is that players are in a rush and pull too many mobs at a time, so then you have instant death. I suppose if you don't mind dying a dozen times on each run, then you can play it that way. But if you want to minimize deaths, then only attack a few mobs at the same time. And if you pull more mobs than intended by accident, then run back and let them reset before continuing.

GoodSyntax
03-31-2014, 01:46 PM
i think a big problem in these elites is that players are in a rush and pull too many mobs at a time, so then you have instant death. I suppose if you don't mind dying a dozen times on each run, then you can play it that way. But if you want to minimize deaths, then only attack a few mobs at the same time. And if you pull more mobs than intended by accident, then run back and let them reset before continuing.

exactly!

Kuragasi
03-31-2014, 01:55 PM
I think a big problem in these elites is that players are in a rush and pull too many mobs at a time, so then you have instant death. I suppose if you don't mind dying a dozen times on each run, then you can play it that way. But if you want to minimize deaths, then only attack a few mobs at the same time. And if you pull more mobs than intended by accident, then run back and let them reset before continuing.

I think that has a lot yo do with the way we are trained. In the past elites this is how we did each one. Point to point with large mobs killing as effective as possible.

Now... This doesn't work so much, heck there are times that doesn't even work in normal.

Communicate, strategize and find a solution. We all need to stop going in head first and eyes half open.

wvhills
03-31-2014, 02:03 PM

the reason for this is because most of us play AL (and PL before that) because it's supposed to be a "pick up and play" type game. STS was based upon this gaming niche. These games were meant to cater to players who liked mmo's but didn't want to commit to 45 min plus play sessions. It appears to me that sts is trying to get away from that pick up and play type game model based on the ever increasing complexities (such as crafting and teeth salesman) and the much longer time it requires to do an elite run this season. That's their decision but if that's the case I'll either go play WoW where I get much more content or go to O & C that fulfills the pick up and play game mode I'm looking for. Most likely it will be the later because I real life things I like to do. What was great about AL is I could jump in for 10-15 min at a time and get a chance at a drop.

Sorcerie
03-31-2014, 02:05 PM
I think a big problem in these elites is that players are in a rush and pull too many mobs at a time, so then you have instant death. I suppose if you don't mind dying a dozen times on each run, then you can play it that way. But if you want to minimize deaths, then only attack a few mobs at the same time. And if you pull more mobs than intended by accident, then run back and let them reset before continuing.Lol, makes me wonder how this is working out for you if you're still dying some 30 or so times in a map.

Kakashis
03-31-2014, 02:30 PM
Hehehe, I can't wait to see scorn's nerf. I was doing a map slowly and then a player starts using 20% armor reduction -_-"

Anarchist
03-31-2014, 02:38 PM

RAMBO are party killers.

Hectororius
03-31-2014, 02:42 PM
Nobody seems to be listening to anyone so there's no point in continuing this discussion.

Anarchist
03-31-2014, 02:44 PM
Nobody seems to be listening to anyone so there's no point in continuing this discussion.
I think everyone agree's on one thing the maps should not be nerfed.

maybe a bit rendtail

keikali
03-31-2014, 02:45 PM

E, 100% agree. These new maps ARE designed where you can't go rambo style.

HOWEVER, some maps you cannot avoid this. Lets take the 4th Spider Map for example. The first damn pull you have a set of Snakes, Healer and some other trash. You cannot segregate them efficiently besides "luring" them to a corner and dying and hoping that not all of them follow so you can again resurrect and pick them off.

Map 1 and 2 are easy and easily approachable, but map 4 is a Snakes on a Plane movie gone wrong.

Ignorance is bliss.

Hiosahaf
03-31-2014, 02:46 PM
RAMBO are party killers.

Hey our RAMBO wasn't that bad :D

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Energizeric
03-31-2014, 06:06 PM
Yes, the snakes are very tough, mostly because there seems to be no way to slow or stun them.

Energizeric
03-31-2014, 06:08 PM
the reason for this is because most of us play AL (and PL before that) because it's supposed to be a "pick up and play" type game. STS was based upon this gaming niche. These games were meant to cater to players who liked mmo's but didn't want to commit to 45 min plus play sessions. It appears to me that sts is trying to get away from that pick up and play type game model based on the ever increasing complexities (such as crafting and teeth salesman) and the much longer time it requires to do an elite run this season. That's their decision but if that's the case I'll either go play WoW where I get much more content or go to O & C that fulfills the pick up and play game mode I'm looking for. Most likely it will be the later because I real life things I like to do. What was great about AL is I could jump in for 10-15 min at a time and get a chance at a drop.

You're missing something.... This game is both. There are the elite dungeons for the hardcore players and the regular dungeons and tombs for the players who want to play 10-15 minutes. Both dungeons are effective ways to farm. You can farm for crates in KM3 or farm for teeth in The Wilds, or you can farm elites.

Serancha
03-31-2014, 07:52 PM
Maps 1 (The Wilds) and Map 2 (Jagged Trail) are the two easiest maps. Once people figure out the strategy then the price for these two weapons will drop because the maps get over farmed.

A nerf on elite will just expedite this process. I find the mobs on Jagged Trail much more difficult than the spider cave.

VenomsChaos
03-31-2014, 10:15 PM
readed all posts and its clearly to see " alot of ppl dont know challenge mean "

Side A saying= 1 hit kill annoying.
Side B keep saying= " pls pls dont nerf its good now, its must hard for real challenge "

guys dont name it challenge :) if you name it challenge, other ppls will try to tell you its not a challenge... but if you tell it clearly like that " pls pls 1 hit die better for the plat users, free players couldnt farm here and we can sell the items hight prize forever " <<< if you tell it that way clearly all will deal easly...

just tryed reply reality, didnt wanted meanie.. not enought english for the say my means with softly way...

btw i can use plat rev but i am not up to join a dungeon if i ll die 1 hit. 1 hit die isnt a challenge and not funy... also i am not saying thats coz i want farm there... because i didnt try any tindrin elites yet and its better not try to Because 1 hit die = NOT FUNY

katish
03-31-2014, 11:47 PM

First of I think the word desirable instead of valuable is more appropriate - it's not the difficulty of the map that dictates price, is the desirability of the item - and then supply and demand laws.

And in any case, who decided that we want these items to be pricey? Those who want to sell for a lot of gold to be able to buy the next bext thing in game that is worth millions (arcane stuff or save for new mythics).

This prices are inflated right now, not sustainable in the long run - no average player can spend few million on pinks, that's a price range for mythics and arcane. but then it's difficult for a farmer to make enough gold to afford mythics and arcanes so they (we) hope for difficult things that only top elite players can get and that they (we) can sell for a lot..

the average player can't play new elites and likely can't afford these pinks because the old gear isn't as desirable to farm for and new gear is unobtainable..

I honestly don't know the solution for this. but i think it's detrimental to the game if the average player can't complete a run, it's descouraging and he loses an important source of income. if the average player can't make money he wont spend money and your item won't be sold.

Sceazikua
04-01-2014, 12:01 AM

I agree. People are expecting to beat the hardest dungeon in the game with ease with the "pink gears" which are less than 1k gold worth in cs. Simply, if you cant run, dont. Theres no need to be frustrated if you cant run a map, there are other maps available. You do NOT have to run the elite tindirin to have fun if its so frustrated because you want to stick to something youve been using for months and dont want to change. Elites are not called elites for nothing.
Pfft. "new elites require full arcane and mythic to be easy"? LOL last night I ran with a party, only me and a sorc guildmate had mythic armor no ring, we were using conquistador guns too. The tank had 1k6 armor and 6k hp with conquistador cheap shield, and he didnt die in those 2 runs. We kept our pulls small, not just like rambo luring 10 or more mobs like in shuyal. not sure why people are crying about "plat revive needed because running back to boss is too hard" too. In kali's talks he did mention a tactic, which is sacrifice and lure the mob into 1 place to clear the map. That totally prove without plat you still CAN run back to the boss. Think outside of the box pls, dont cry if you try going rambo into a group of mobs and died.

baddiva
04-01-2014, 02:37 AM
What makes elite so hard is the lack of patience...