PDA

View Full Version : Giving Advice to new Players!

lce
12-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Feel free to ask any questions and I will answer them:cool:

Rocsan
12-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Hi... in the beginning newbie training area there are two totems with treasure chests in front of them. You can attack the chests and when you deplete the hp they open. After a few moments they sink and disappear into the ground. I've tried several ways but am unable to interact.... am I missing something?

Conradin
12-12-2010, 06:46 PM
hi..... im trying to buy a mega blaster of the void. could you tell me where to buy one?

Tennis
12-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Conradin- Lvl 55 intbear

???

Seratonin
12-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Hi... in the beginning newbie training area there are two totems with treasure chests in front of them. You can attack the chests and when you deplete the hp they open. After a few moments they sink and disappear into the ground. I've tried several ways but am unable to interact.... am I missing something?

no, hitting them opens them, good job!~ they fall in the ground to reduce resource usage, otherwise, chests and dead bodies would slow down gameplay.

lce
12-13-2010, 11:25 AM
hi..... im trying to buy a mega blaster of the void. could you tell me where to buy one?

Yeahh you can buy mega blaster of the void in Belfort Castle in CS for price range of 300k-500k or you can kill the boss that drops the item but you must be level 50 and also with other lvl 50s in your team

Good luck

lce
12-13-2010, 11:25 AM
Conradin- Lvl 55 intbear

???

Hmm well the maximum level in the game is lvl 50 :) and all devs are 51 lol

KingFu
12-13-2010, 11:43 AM
Question: How many Keepers on average are killed in a day;)

ECHUSER
12-13-2010, 01:56 PM
can you explain the lucky 'lixir and elixar of luck? how do i use them? what are they for? thanks

ciss
12-13-2010, 02:31 PM
The one is cheaper and gives you 15% chance to re roll for a new loot at bosses, the other cost double (3k) and gives you 25% chance to re roll for better loot.

IMO they are a waste of money, even if you do get that 1/6 vs 1/4 chance to re roll, it s highly possible to get another crappy lot as well.

If you are in search of a specific item, and you are bored of the runs you made which proved useless, well, and if cash allows you, you ca buy those. Though I don t recommend them, I spent hundreds to no avail.

Kujen
12-13-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm not new and I still don't really understand the luck elixirs. I'm afraid I'll get a power armor and then it will reroll and give me a lesser pink instead. Or is that not possible? lol

ciss
12-13-2010, 02:48 PM
hehe that wont be the case, you would still get to keep them both.

Seratonin
12-13-2010, 03:15 PM
The elixer only gives you the small chance to re-roll for a better item, for example, a boss drops 3 greens, one blue, one pink.
You are Player A.
Players ABCD&E roll for loot. Roll in this example will be random number from 1-100
For the pink item, the scores are: Player A;23, B;56, C;37, D;21, E;77. Player E is set to recieve the pink.
For the blue item, the scores are: Player A;81, B;55, C;63, D;3, E;(I'm not sure here if E gets a roll because E got a higher quality item, my guess is no roll.)
You win the round for the blue.
Everyone else rolls for the greens.
Now if you have the Elixer of luck on, (35%) for this example, an easy example is to take 1-100 again. 100-35=65, so the elixer adds another type of roll for you.
Roll on elixer for chance to re-roll for better item: You roll >65, you get to re-roll for the pink. You roll <65, no re-roll, and nothing is displayed.
Now, lets say you succeed that roll and get the required 67. So now you can re-roll for the pink. Roll 1-100 again:
Here is another part I'm not sure of... It would make more sense that both Player E and A get the same roll again, so I'll do it that way, then post the other example.
Player A rolls 56, Player E rolls 32. Player E get the blue, and you get the pink. Success!
Second example: Player E's roll of 77 stays, and you rolled 56. Fail!
Again, not sure which is the case.
A success through all this will display; "Name" get a chance to re-roll for better item. Success! "Name" recieves "item".
If you fail the roll even after you succeed the roll to re-roll for better item, it won't even show up on display, you will just get the blue.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. That's how I understand this to work. =p

lce
12-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Haha I dont do Keepers but with the quest going on I usually do a lot like 50+

SilentKingdom
12-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Here's one for ya :D What is this "farming" I keep reading about? I just want a quick overview/examplanation of what it is. No need for how to do it "the best" as I'm sure there's plent of threads for that already :)

suomaf
12-14-2010, 07:09 AM
Could you explain combos? I see them in the games, and also on the forums. Are they useful and how do we go about getting them?

KingFu
12-14-2010, 07:13 AM
Could you explain combos? I see them in the games, and also on the forums. Are they useful and how do we go about getting them?

Combos are when you use a certain order of skills correctly, and it either gives added damage, or debuffs the opponent more.

Here's some combos:

Ice storm/frostbite + firestorm = hot flash
Thorn root/thorn wall + lightning = nature strike
Shattering scream/nightmare + he'll scream = terror

There are some just for an example:)

Seratonin
12-14-2010, 08:10 AM
Archer combo is Shattering Scream + Blast Shot.

mrpredalien
12-15-2010, 09:39 AM
You buy them, and it helps you get better loots, but don't buy it considering your level is not high. If you are in the trials of the galactic overlord dungeons, I suggest you use it since I got the Keeper's Staff out of it once. :)
can you explain the lucky 'lixir and elixar of luck? how do i use them? what are they for? thanks

suomaf
12-16-2010, 12:50 AM
Another quick noob question. I know that I can rotate the camera by sliding left and right. However some times the camera would rotate 180° have not figured out how it is done.

ECHUSER
12-16-2010, 11:19 AM
You buy them, and it helps you get better loots, but don't buy it considering your level is not high. If you are in the trials of the galactic overlord dungeons, I suggest you use it since I got the Keeper's Staff out of it once. :)

how do i use it? do i buy the elixir at the beginning of the board, before we kill king mydas or after king mydas is dead and something already drops? thanks

also, how do i turn off the boss close up screen? stupid zoom in on the boss has killed me acouple times already because by the time i get back to the regular view my health is half gone.

freeflow
12-16-2010, 01:15 PM
So I just got to level 13 and would like to continue to play, what do I need to buy with platinum to level all the way to 50?

Also im an enchantress and need help with skills, what would you suggest to max out. I mostly PVM but would touch PVP on a different char. later on

ECHUSER
12-16-2010, 02:36 PM
get the dungeon bundle, elite dungeon bundle and alien oasis dungeon bundle. you can get to lvl 48 with alien oasis 2. you need ao3 to get to 50. i skipped the return of skeller krunch and went to alien oasis.

as an enchantress at level 50, i maxed out heal, lightning, firestorm, drain life, weakness, nightmare, magic shield, blessing of vitality and blessing of might. i have 1 in resurrect and 3 in ice storm. if you go to the enchantress section you'll get more info and other ppls opinion.

freeflow
12-16-2010, 04:22 PM
thank you for the reply.

Another noob question what skills do you use the most and what combo? I have no ideas what any of those levels you said are lol so i'll find out

ECHUSER
12-16-2010, 04:59 PM
as a lower level pure int mage, i used heal the most. i also used lightning alot and if enemies got too close, i would use firestorm to make them backup off me. keep an eye on everyone elses health and heal as necessary. you also dont need to be standing on top of someone to revive them if they do die. if you revive them, heal them immediatly because they start with less than half health.

below are some combos:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?131-Combos

Lokhir
12-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Great thread I think - doesn't seem masses of help available so thanks :)

As a bear (lvl 41) I've been disappointed to apparently read on here that I can't do good dps without using a bow. There seems to be various bears in game not taking the bow route so is there a decent melee dps 'build' and/or tank/dps build?

LessaMoore
12-20-2010, 10:00 AM
It might be that you have tilted the device. In the options menu therae is is a "lock orientation" that you can check and it wont do that, but I find that I like the freedom to grab and go.

Lessa

Daonaloz
12-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Is there only a bonus for rift pink sets? I have a battleborn of destiny set and was wondering if there was a bonus.

Palyna
12-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Hello~ I am level 35 playing enchantress, and I wonder why "Fridge" in the Hidden Ice Cave at The lost expedition is so hard to kill, we die alot of times there in his one or two strikes.

freeflow
12-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Ok question about gear, im almost level 20 enchantress with about 10k in cash, anything special I should buy that will last a while? I'm building up my strength and INT

Ayrilana
12-24-2010, 03:04 AM
Ok question about gear, im almost level 20 enchantress with about 10k in cash, anything special I should buy that will last a while? I'm building up my strength and INT

I stuck with the gear I got from doing quests until I hit 40. After that I started using pinks or drops I had gotten. Basically anything pink that is your level will usually be the best. Just make sure to at least try to maximize mana regeneration. Don't do it to the point that you cripple yourself in other stats though.

Ayrilana
12-24-2010, 03:19 AM
Hello~ I am level 35 playing enchantress, and I wonder why "Fridge" in the Hidden Ice Cave at The lost expedition is so hard to kill, we die a lot of times there in his one or two strikes.

You'll run into some bosses that are like that. The best thing you can do is have someone with high defense (usually a bear) tank him and kite him around. Have your mage(s) constantly casting heal when it's available while dealing damage. Your tank has to be able to hold aggro as well. Using elixirs helps.

Palyna
12-26-2010, 09:39 PM
You'll run into some bosses that are like that. The best thing you can do is have someone with high defense (usually a bear) tank him and kite him around. Have your mage(s) constantly casting heal when it's available while dealing damage. Your tank has to be able to hold aggro as well. Using elixirs helps.

ohh thanks Ayrilana, I constantly tap on heal too. I will try again next time with a strong bear. :)

ECHUSER
12-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Is there only a bonus for rift pink sets? I have a battleborn of destiny set and was wondering if there was a bonus.

found here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?8939-Pinks-with-Stats-and-Pictures-Alien-Oasis-Part-III

Sets & Stat Bonuses
Void Set Jacob's Helmet of the Void, Wraith Armor of the Void, Mega Blaster of the Void +5% Hit, +5% Crit, +2 H/s, +2 M/s, +10 Damage, +5 Armor
Cosmos Set Overlord's Helmet of the Cosmos, Mirage Robe of the Cosmos, Mirage Staff of the Cosmos +5% Hit, +5% Crit, +3% H/s, +50 Mana, +5 M/s, +8 Damage, +4 Armor
Rift Set Overlord's Helmet of the Rift, Power Armor of the Rift, Sunblessed Scmimitar of the Rift, Screaming Skull Shield of the Rift +5% Dodge, +50 Health, +5 H/s, +3 M/s, +5 Damage, +12 Armor
Cyber Void Set Cyber Skull of the Void, Cyber Armor of the Void, Cyber Blaster of the Void +2% Hit, +1% Dodge, +1 H/s, +9 Damage, +3 Armor
Cyber Void Set II Cyber Skull of the Void, Cyber Armor of the Void, Laser Talon of the Void, Cyber Wing of the Void +1% Hit, +1% Crit, +1 H/s, +5 Damage, +6 Armor
Cyber Cosmos Set Cyber Skull of the Cosmos, Cyber Armor of the Cosmos, Cyber Staff of the Cosmos +1% Hit, +6 Mana, +1 M/s, +11 Damage, +5 Armor
Cyber Cosmos Set II Cyber Skull of the Cosmos, Cyber Armor of the Cosmos, Laser Wand of the Cosmos, Cyber Doll of the Cosmos +2% Hit, +5 Mana, +1 M/s, +6 Damage, +5 Armor
Cyber Rift Set Cyber Skull of the Rift, Cyber Armor of the Rift, Cyber Sword of the Rift, Cyber Kite Shield of the Rift +3 H/s, +1 Damage, +8 Armor

ogblood
12-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Go to work lol