PDA

View Full Version : The Year of the Plat

Gorecaster
03-30-2014, 10:41 AM
Since the expansion drop my plat usage has increased dramatically. I see plat becoming an issue during runs, plat users on lix and using revives run into an issue when partied w a non plat user. No matter how well geared you are, you can basically be one shot any time. My guild is tight knit and I don't want to see segregation but there's really no other option. I think the elite maps make communication a necessity. Inform others of ur intentions, are you going to use revives? Do you have a luck lix running? Discuss the pulls, devise strategy and work together. It's tough to work together when I keep reviving and other pt members are dying and running back from start. Occasionally getting stuck to not return back to boss at all. Must be frustrating for non plat users, most of which r having a hard go in pinks to start with. Kudos to all my hard working friends and if you can, be sure to purchase some plat today before sale ends!

GoodSyntax
03-30-2014, 10:48 AM
I agree with all points!

Basically, the way I see it is if I have a clear run from the restart point, and I can engage mobs in less than 7 seconds, I do a free respawn. If I think it will take longer to reengage, if I have to bypass a group of mobs, or if I am at the boss, I usually plat revivie. I sometimes plat revive out of sheer frustration when I get stomped by a shaman or get one of those killer bites from the scorns for like the 3rd time in the pull.

The strategies that we use in our guild ensures a clear path so non-plat players can still reach the boss. The only map where our strategies do not allow for this is against Tribal Abomination, all other maps are cleared so a free revive can run back to the boss quickly and not be forced to run a gauntlet.

But yes, the plat burn this season is exceptionally high....so much more than any other season of elites!

Ellysius
03-30-2014, 11:01 AM
I find myself here. (dying and not making it through to the boss)

Gorecaster
03-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Yeah sorry Serb, and kal is right. Can't clear a path in jagged trail. That's where we were Serb.

Anarchist
03-30-2014, 01:44 PM
Since the expansion drop my plat usage has increased dramatically. I see plat becoming an issue during runs, plat users on lix and using revives run into an issue when partied w a non plat user. No matter how well geared you are, you can basically be one shot any time. My guild is tight knit and I don't want to see segregation but there's really no other option. I think the elite maps make communication a necessity. Inform others of ur intentions, are you going to use revives? Do you have a luck lix running? Discuss the pulls, devise strategy and work together. It's tough to work together when I keep reviving and other pt members are dying and running back from start. Occasionally getting stuck to not return back to boss at all. Must be frustrating for non plat users, most of which r having a hard go in pinks to start with. Kudos to all my hard working friends and if you can, be sure to purchase some plat today before sale ends!

Actually it's simple not to mess it up even though you don't have plats, plats revival is not the main problem or is what is causing disparity between guildies.

Yes there is disparity no mythic player wants to run with a Legendary one anymore because the way the maps are they have more chance to finish with the best time and least death possible only if they run with better geared players. Add to it that the number of mythic players has been drastically boosted, it takes little effort to put up a decent mythic/arcane party.

Sure mythic players do well only to run with mythic players and do fast runs there's nothing bad in it except for the fact it penalize the legendary players because sincerely speaking running this elites with a full legendary party is a pain in the *bip*.

At Eminence we are thinking of a way to remove this gap by creating mixed parties like:
2 mythic 2 legendary.
3 mythic 1 legendary.
and make everyone farm together happily.

Back on topic, plat revivals.

War, Mage, Rogue.
Only you dead revive in spot.

War.
1 dead revive in spot and keep the remaining 2 alive.

Rogue, Mage.
War dead revive at the beginning of the map.

War,Mage,Rogue.
2 dead revive at the beginning of the map.

I dont use plats and i am fine with the elites, they don't give me headache or whatsoever.
With a decent party and a good build elites become easy( Many many player need to respec, you can't seriously think to decently run these elites with compact medic).

While the elites aren't giving me pain quitters in the middle of runs are. :)

keikali
03-30-2014, 04:19 PM
I've never play res'd so much in my life before in ONE run. And then to loot a veggie.

As much as I enjoy the elites this season and the challenging difficulty it presents, I do believe alot of the new content is PURELY a Plat sink.

Ebezaanec
03-30-2014, 04:25 PM
Yes, plat consumption will peak this expansion.

Long levels and one-hit mobs will practically ruin most parties. Runs in Elite Rockhorn Summit will have most players plat-reviving due to the extreme length of the map.

Luck elixir sales will also increase since everyone wants to loot an Archon, but wearing a Lep Amulet is risky business.

Plat will reign far and wide this expansion... and we still haven't seen the end of gear staggering.

Gorecaster
03-30-2014, 08:14 PM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, are you saying EF is considering plat revive requirements for elite runs?