PDA

View Full Version : Group play. Missing achievement because i died and then the other person finished

Hannah Briant
03-30-2014, 11:23 AM
I want to know if anyone else has this problem....

We are fighting frostr or any other boss.. both of us have died lots of times but managed to get him down to almost dead.
I die within an inch of him being beaten and then the other person finishes the quest, gains the achievement and the person that was not next to the boss does not.
I participated in the entire fight but died 2 seconds before the end. Why should i miss out on the achievement just because i was not stood next to him. The fact that you are all in the same party and all in the same instance should mean you get everything together even if someone gets the last hit. Just because you die ... because your push yourself right until the very last bit of your health to kill the bugger, doesn't mean you miss out on the rewards.

The mechanics of this needs improving and i would love to know if anyone feels the same.

Ebezaanec
03-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Did you respawn before he actually died?

I believe if you stay dead and do not respawn before the boss is killed, you will still receive the achievement.

NovaZ
03-30-2014, 12:37 PM
^ that guy's right.

Milan Lame Man
03-30-2014, 08:32 PM
I want to know if anyone else has this problem....
The mechanics of this needs improving and i would love to know if anyone feels the same.
Mostly sorcerers have this problem, yes, it happened to me all the time.
It would be nice if something could be done about this, but I don't think it's going to happen, given the game is around for so long and it has always been this way. It would change pretty much everything.

The only recommendation I can give is to avoid random groups as much as possible. Sad but true. Run with guild mates or with friends whenever you can, and hope they wait for you. Random people never wait.

yasshh
03-31-2014, 03:58 AM
Just stay dead till the boss is dead and respawn after he dies you will get the AP

Milan Lame Man
03-31-2014, 03:56 PM
Just stay dead till the boss is dead and respawn after he dies you will get the AP
I believe the OP said they were a team of 2. It's somewhat risky to leave only one person standing near Frostir.
But yes, this works.