PDA

View Full Version : Best New Build for Twinks

ImANoob
12-12-2010, 06:42 PM
Okay, first off, I'd like to say that I am probally not the first person to create a character of this build, and maybe not the first published writing about it, and I really need FEEDBACK. I need people who are more knowledged with the game to help fine tune intbirds as i really haven't seen many, so they are probally not perfect. so, FEEDBACK, FEEDBACK FEEDBACK. Secondly, I have of my own mind set thought of this, in no way did I take this from another player, or forum thread. I had a very simple train of thought. I like to be the odd one out, meaning, I would be the one with a no re-specced lvl 50 with no stats added. With that said, I had seen bowbears,strbears, and int bears. Dexchantresses, pallies, intmages, dex birds and str birds. At this point you're probally saying in you head, get on with it already, tell us what it is! Well, based on the only non mentioned before, that would be, an intbird.

Now onto the good stuff:

What?!?! An intbird!? You're a loony! I know, I know. Improbability, no survivability, blah, blah, blah, blah. Blah. If you thought that, I'll take this time to explain myself. What weapon in the game has high attack? Swords and staves. (Melee and mage to you picky people.) Which of these has a higher range of attack? Staves/wands. What class of characters has the highest damaging skill tree? Birds. Wow! We're almost there. Now. What is needed to wield out weapons of choice? Int! So, int birds. The skills of the bird that will make this a great pvper, you ask? Concentration, thorn roots, meditation and restoration (or restore, whatever, the only bird skill with heals.) And last but not least, blast shot. Lets look at what this arsenal gives us, keep in mind this is written for lvl 19 twinks. Concentration is the buff, and blast shot is the bronze to this guido. Concentration gives excellent damage boost. As well as crit, and much more, but we'llv focus on damage. Blast shot will be able to hit INSANE damage for a lv 19. You can kill people off in like 3 seconds. Mages wont even be able to heal. Meditation gives it insane mp pool, epic mps that never run out ftw. Restore give you hp boost, it heals as well as give a h/s boost. This gives it survivability. And thorn roots, this will let you hold back those nasty pallies and bears while you nuke them.

Okay, so for level 1-19 you will get 18 sps.4 of those are going to be used 1pt blast arrow, 1 pt concentration, 1pt avian scream, 1pt thron root. leaving us with 14 sp left, if I'm wrong correct me. We for sure want max concentration and blast shot, costing 8 points, leavig 6 left.i personally got 5 restore and 1 meditation, however how you spend your points is up to you, so feel free to o as you please, and perhaps even post your own build here.

Also, for level 1-19, which this build is built around, do 60 int, rest into dex. 60 int is, of course, for your equips, unless you want to dual spec, in which case, do the math, but it makes no difference really.

Adding it all up:

We have ourselves a superman class people. It has waaay better damage over pallies, as well as range, thanks to thron root they wont even reach you. You also pwn their defenses, and their heal and drain shot can last against your epic damage. Pallies being the current superpower of lv 19 twinks makes them all i need to compare to. They out damage dex bird, and str birds, str things cant even hit you, and if anything else does, you can repair yourself, youve got a better mp pool than anything else thanks to meditation, what else do you need?

Credits: This section will be under constant re-construction, based on who sends feedback, etc.

Me.
Jellix-He had helped me level up my char, and basically if it weren't for him I couldn't have made it possible.
juhnken773-supplied currently used stat allotment,
Conclusion:

Congrats, you survived my walls of text. But you have learned alot about a class. I'm aware that this may have faults, and that there is no real build, persay, but I'm working on it. Pictures will only be added if someone else posts them. Well. Thanks for reading.

All rights reserved.

ImANoob
12-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Any comments are welcome, especially constructive ones.

Arterra
12-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Yep int bird rare. My only comment.

ImANoob
12-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Yep int bird rare. My only comment.

Thumbs up or down?

juhnken773
12-12-2010, 11:28 PM
I have a int bird and had it for a long while now :) so does bladesword.

Umm going full int bird wouldn't be the smart choice. Due to the fact that blast shots dmg is based on your dex. :)
So yu should have minimum int with boost to have exactly 60int for yur staff.

Also, don't get me wrong, focus is like a core skill. However, I personally leave it at lvl 3.
More room for survivabilty. Having 4 evade, 5 blast, 1 root, 5 break, and 3focus.

Again, that's just me.

ImANoob
12-12-2010, 11:34 PM
interesting, i wish somewhere someone could post what stats affect what skills (hint hint devs). I'll try that out ;)

ImANoob
12-14-2010, 09:46 AM
BumpBumpBump