PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: daily free plat revivals

faefaefae
03-30-2014, 10:57 PM
As it appears that plat revival becomes unavoidable in at least some of the new elite maps, this is going to discourage many non-plat players from doing elite as they can't run back to the boss when they are 'one-hit' killed by it.

Why not give us 3 free plat revivals per day? There is no need to give each player 3 free plats per day as this will definitely be exploited by someone.

This can be done by way of a refund by STS:

STS can refund to each player his first three plat-revivals on each day. After the first three plat-revivals, the player has to spend his own plat on revivals. The 3 free plat revivals cannot be carried forward to the next day so no player can accumulate free plat-revivals.

I am not a programmer and I don't know whether this can be done technically. I just want to get all non-plat players involved in the exciting content of the new elite maps.

Any thoughts on this?

p.s. if no dev responds to this thread, it is extremely unlikely that this suggestion will not be accepted.

Milan Lame Man
03-30-2014, 11:15 PM
That sounds cool, to some extent.
1. That would still only be 1 elite run a day, since I would not dare to start a run with 1 revive remaining. The lag is strong these days. 3 revives a run would be awesome, but:
2. The maps are obviously designed to require and encourage plat revives - long narrow path with a strong mob pack just before boss. Any change reducing plat usage is very unlikely.

Truth is, though, that this is ridiculous. I was in a run where other people regretted they cannot plat revive me.
It should not be like this.

Hiosahaf
03-30-2014, 11:19 PM
A big +1 !

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Limitational
03-30-2014, 11:27 PM
I'd say add either a 1k gold revive over plat or like 2 story tokens or something. That way you'd get 5 free revives a day assuming you do the daily for 10 tokens. it'd give some usage to them tbh. since i already bought everything else now im basically using them to change my hair every other day

Euldor
03-30-2014, 11:30 PM
Great idea!

Xeusx
03-30-2014, 11:34 PM
Oh nice, very nice!!
+1m (1 million)

Pandorix
03-30-2014, 11:58 PM
U wont see any dev here. U know why? Becouse they dont care about non-plat users so gl & hf.

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?

Uikuha
03-30-2014, 11:59 PM
Maybe like PL, skill for revive :/

Sorry My English

Xeusx
03-31-2014, 12:00 AM
U wont see any dev here. U know why? Becouse they dont care about non-plat users so gl & hf.

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?
This post just flame Non-Plat and disrespect..

Hectororius
03-31-2014, 12:50 AM
I was actually thinking of this today too. One or two revives per day for free, or as a token from klaas or shaz would be a nice addition too.it won't take away from plat rez at all either. I think I've spent over 100 plat on revives since elites began, and nothing to show for it except some teeth and AP.

Anarchist
03-31-2014, 01:36 AM
As it appears that plat revival becomes unavoidable in at least some of the new elite maps, this is going to discourage many non-plat players from doing elite as they can't run back to the boss when they are 'one-hit' killed by it.

Why not give us 3 free plat revivals per day? There is no need to give each player 3 free plats per day as this will definitely be exploited by someone.

STS can refund to each player his first three plat-revivals on each day. After the first three plat-revivals, the player has to spend his own plat on revivals. The 3 free plat revivals cannot be carried forward to the next day so no player can accumulate free plat-revivals.

I am not a programmer and I don't know whether this can be done technically. I just want to get all non-plat players involved in the exciting content of the new elite maps.

Any thoughts on this?

p.s. if no dev responds to this thread, it is extremely unlikely that this suggestion will not be accepted.

I am not promoting this and i will explain why.

lets say 1000 players actively run elites. give 3 revivals to them and that is 3 plats they won't burn to revive.
3 X 1000= 3000 plat which is 100 dollars + loss.
1000 thousand players are just those capable of farming elite tindirin but in total we are not 1000, we are over ...(btw how many people play AL?)
Anyway at this point sts will have to get the money back from somewhere...and probably it will come from locked crates by adding something OP so players consume the plats they didn't use to revive to open them. (*coff* *coff* arcane ring).

What i am trying to say is this... the more sts grants us free stuff that used to be accessible through plats the more they will have to compensate it through another thing.

And the easiest way is adding something new, OP or interesting to locked crates.

this is the way i run my pt:
If you die just wait and let the others die, then together you get back to the boss with the war leading.

If the other party members can stand on their own without the war keeping aggro on boss, then the war must die and help you get back to the boss.

If the life of the boss is low and you die next time stay away and kit the boss when it's life is low and don't go rambo.

This technically applies only to rogues and sorcerers as for wars: a war can run through any group of mobs if he was able to reach the boss of the map.

Leoyo
03-31-2014, 01:47 AM
Good idea

jrkimkyla
03-31-2014, 01:57 AM
Good idea

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Churjya
03-31-2014, 02:03 AM
well maybe they should add a revive skill for mage.

faefaefae
03-31-2014, 04:27 AM
I am not promoting this and i will explain why.

lets say 1000 players actively run elites. give 3 revivals to them and that is 3 plats they won't burn to revive.
3 X 1000= 3000 plat which is 100 dollars + loss.
1000 thousand players are just those capable of farming elite tindirin but in total we are not 1000, we are over ...(btw how many people play AL?)
Anyway at this point sts will have to get the money back from somewhere...and probably it will come from locked crates by adding something OP so players consume the plats they didn't use to revive to open them. (*coff* *coff* arcane ring).

What i am trying to say is this... the more sts grants us free stuff that used to be accessible through plats the more they will have to compensate it through another thing.

And the easiest way is adding something new, OP or interesting to locked crates.

this is the way i run my pt:
If you die just wait and let the others die, then together you get back to the boss with the war leading.

If the other party members can stand on their own without the war keeping aggro on boss, then the war must die and help you get back to the boss.

If the life of the boss is low and you die next time stay away and kit the boss when it's life is low and don't go rambo.

This technically applies only to rogues and sorcerers as for wars: a war can run through any group of mobs if he was able to reach the boss of the map.

Thanks for your comment.

Every suggestion of this kind is a balancing exercising - one must balance the interest of STS and that of players. The 3 free plat-revivals suggested by me should be enough for one to two runs in the new elite maps everyday. Non-plat players can enjoy the fun of the new elite maps while STS would not suffer much loss as these players do not buy plat in any event. To the contrary, STS may benefit from this suggestion if some non-plat players become addicted to elite farming and eventually buy some plats for extra plat revivals or reroll lix.

You and I are lucky to have good guildies and friends (who are willing to die and respawn at the start to rescue us) to run elite maps together. Not all non-plat players are so fortunate and not all warriors are willing to rescue mages killed by boss.

Jaztyn Cerro
03-31-2014, 04:34 AM
Pls help me how can i get back my mythic helm i accidentally sell it to my inventory because of lag. I restart my cellphone because i cant press anything pls i need ur help i hope u will help me to recover it
IGN: Ogoorase

scarysmerf
03-31-2014, 04:40 AM
I agre too but i notice most other games have a daily log in bonus why not give 1 plat per day its not easyily exploitable and that way we all have a lil plat

Anarchist
03-31-2014, 05:33 AM
Thanks for your comment.

Every suggestion of this kind is a balancing exercising - one must balance the interest of STS and that of players. The 3 free plat-revivals suggested by me should be enough for one to two runs in the new elite maps everyday. Non-plat players can enjoy the fun of the new elite maps while STS would not suffer much loss as these players do not buy plat in any event. To the contrary, STS may benefit from this suggestion if some non-plat players become addicted to elite farming and eventually buy some plats for extra plat revivals or reroll lix.

You and I are lucky to have good guildies and friends (who are willing to die and respawn at the start to rescue us) to run elite maps together. Not all non-plat players are so fortunate and not all warriors are willing to rescue mages killed by boss.

3 plats a day to thousands of players is really a lot...
I just don't want the game to become P2W and heavily locked dependent because it will if sts keep giving free stuff removing other means of burning plats different from locked.

A solution could be adding a filter via the story tokens..like i said earlier 3 revivals( which are technically 3 plats per day is just too much) so if a bunch of revivals could be bought through story tokens it would be a little better..

Now the problem is how much revivals for X story tokens?

deathwraithx
03-31-2014, 06:55 AM
Thanks for your comment.

Friends don't need to die,they can carefully just teleport to the start of the map

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Crowsfoot
03-31-2014, 07:00 AM

Any thoughts on this?

I would need about ten free ones a day, I end up waiting for loot to drop and then reviving if I die too late in the battle.

Honestly, the one hits are unneeded. Bosses should be difficult without having an attack that one hits. Self healing like, bloodhammer II and Overgrow were more than challenging and actually fun to battle. These new bosses are just plain annoying. If your stun pet's ability is recharging while you get stuck in the cross hairs of an unavoidable attack you die. There is a lot of luck in whether we die.