PDA

View Full Version : level requirement for Christmas content?

duhchi
12-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Do you have to be a level 50 to do the upcoming Christmas quest? Did you have to be max level when there was Halloween content?

asommers
12-12-2010, 10:05 PM
No, it should work for any level (and there's no XP).

-ALS

giayuan
12-12-2010, 11:16 PM
no exp? exactly what lvl character will be suited for fighting the monsters?

Fyrce
12-12-2010, 11:31 PM
There was no level requirement for the Halloween stuff. You could solo the areas w high-teens, level 20. You might have had to be a good player though. You did not need the best EQ. It probably helped if you were ranged or had ranged skills. And of course, items dropped that were NOT level 50, as you can see from some of the stuff in CS.

I led some groups of lowbies through with my high-teens, later low 20s when it turned out there no items below level 20 were dropping, toon. I would run around, dragging the boss. Everyone else would shoot him. Only requirement was to not let him hit you (too much). Worked out well. LOL. These were started, of course, so lowbies could finish the quests as well. The whole thing was quite a lot of fun, barrels and all.

I have some lowbies all ready for Christmas, though I'm not sure I want to mess with my 1000+ kills, 0 deaths, level 12 mage :) like I messed up my poor lowbie birdie (now level 19) and lowbie mage (now level 34) deaths in Haunted Mansion. Not a lot of deaths, but not very few either. LOL.

TwinkTastical
12-12-2010, 11:47 PM
i want a few 20s....xD

Arterra
12-12-2010, 11:56 PM
I remember how Halloween gave some exp for a while to lv50 levelers. The only problem was that that the maps never reset lol

Fyrce
12-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Some people were powerleveling. Because you could solo as a lowbie... in Patch and Mansion.

I guess there was a 2nd requirement to running the areas as a lowbie: To not believe the high levels telling you you could not do it.

FluffNStuff
12-13-2010, 12:06 AM
The problem was you could get exp to 50 without buying ao3. When they turned off exp, they said there was a fix coming in 1.5 (already released) that would let them not tie exp to area. Not sure if that made it in or not.