PDA

View Full Version : Has the drop rate for grand locked chest been lowered?

Hannah Briant
03-31-2014, 07:25 AM
For days upon days we have been farming these.. but suddenly with the elixirs we are doing half hour runs and finding nothing!.

Someone mentioned that they have lowered it but then since then we continued to find them as much as we did before.. its only now we can't find them.

Any help all be amazing x

Anarchist
03-31-2014, 08:28 AM
It's just bad luck. Sooner or later you will drop them to your satisfaction.

Rare
03-31-2014, 08:43 AM
If the drop rate went down, some of my guildies have REALLY good luck

Samhayne
03-31-2014, 08:50 AM
It's just bad luck. Sooner or later you will drop them to your satisfaction.

The drop rates for Locked Grand Crates of the Watch have not been altered. Sorry to hear of your string of not getting drops, but it is just bad luck.

Pandamoni
03-31-2014, 09:17 AM
I don't think it's gone down. Yesterday I had a combo elix and purchased two luck elix (bought a new one when the first one ran out) and was using my lep and got 15 locks and a nexus egg in one hour. I never have luck in Bael but km3 always treats me well. Try farming different maps to kick start your luck.

Rare
03-31-2014, 09:19 AM
And there she is! The queen of crates! :D

Xenobiotic
03-31-2014, 09:29 AM
I don't think it's gone down. Yesterday I had a combo elix and purchased two luck elix (bought a new one when the first one ran out) and was using my lep and got 15 locks and a nexus egg in one hour. I never have luck in Bael but km3 always treats me well. Try farming different maps to kick start your luck.

Dahell? Dayum ur lucky, I stacked 25% luck and lep and I got none..

AngelJinx
03-31-2014, 01:54 PM
I have had this happening to me too. Honestly I'm wondering if there is a re-roll glitch for some people right now. I farmed for 5 days, several hours a day using both lepre and paying plat for re-roll elixirs to stack on top and didn't get a single re-roll for a locked. I thought perhaps one of the updates might have made it so we could only have so many locks in our inventory, so I opened all of mine. Started farming again. Nothing. I sent an email to support and just stopped trying. Opening crates and buying re-roll elixirs was my only reason to buy plat, and I buy a decent amount. If my account has a re-roll glitch, I have no reason to buy plat any more.

Edited to add: After a week of no drops, I decided not to play this weekend. I logged in today after the update just to pick up my daily chance at something from Klaas and got a re-roll elixir. Decided to try some runs and on the first one I re-rolled a chest to make it gold. First chest re-roll I had seen all week. So I kept going and on the 5th run I landed a locked. After the 30 minutes with the elixir, I had 3 lockes. It's like everything went back to normal after this update that just happened.

Kakashis
03-31-2014, 02:33 PM
sometimes I have full lix and I get 1 in an hour. Sometimes more. The worst was 0 in an hour.

Pandamoni
03-31-2014, 02:35 PM
If I don't get any in the first five runs I stop running.

Thrindal
03-31-2014, 02:51 PM
I don't understand why folks think STS has a throttle on everything and dial it up and back at their whim...

First of all the programming for this would be so much more difficult then a Random number Generator. I know it isn't glamorous but I am 99.9% sure that is all it is. Basically if you have a 15% chance of a reroll the generator probably rolls a 0-99 random number (similar to a dice) If the number is between 0-14 then Reroll otherwise if it is 15-99 no luck. Sure the ranges could be anything but you get the point. Even with a Lep Pendant you will more than likely be "unlucky". Even a Lep Pendant stacked with Luck Lix at 40% luck would technically be unlucky. You only put the odds in your favor with a combo/Luck/Lep stack and even then you are not guaranteed a reroll. There is no such thing in game (at this point) as 100% luck.

The same goes for drops or looting crates. These need more than a 100 sided die, they are probably at least 1000 sided die (aren't computer dice awesome, id love to see a 1000 sided die in real life!). My guess is with Lockeds they may use a 10,000 sided die but I have no idea. The rarer something has a chance to drop the more sides are needed on the dice.

Of course this is simplifying a bit. In some cases there are stacked tables so one roll decides the table and the other roll decides the item on the table.

The point is STS doesn't have someone throttling things at their whim. This would be.. 1. Way to expensive and 2. unfair to players. Both are bad for business.

Strings of bad luck happen... more often then strings of good luck. Just the way it goes.

-Thrindal

Fauksuras
03-31-2014, 08:32 PM
People scream lowered drop rate at a moment's notice as if they had proof. I've been hearing about lowered drop rate since Nordr expansion

rook storm
03-31-2014, 10:29 PM
People scream lowered drop rate at a moment's notice as if they had proof. I've been hearing about lowered drop rate since Nordr expansion

'If it wasn't for bad luck,I wouldn't have no luck at all'

Froxanthar
03-31-2014, 11:05 PM
It's been few weeks I haven't farm crates due to " No Luck ".

Milan Lame Man
04-01-2014, 12:08 AM
Sooo obviously STS is playing with drop rates.
On Saturday, as prices started to go up over 13k, suddenly locks started to drop like rain for a few hours, then it went back to normal.
What is the chance of getting 2 locks in 2 days, and then 6 in 15 minutes? For real? And it's not the first time this happened.