PDA

View Full Version : Buff Lifegiver

Alhuntrazeck
03-31-2014, 11:08 AM
Hey forumers,

Yeah, sorry, another mage buffing thread from me :(. But I just wanted to list out the following comparisons, so please do bear with me:

Rogue: Combat Medics
I. 30% HP gain per pack = 90% from all three
II. Self heal*
III. Heal over time*

Warrior: Horn of Renew
I. Protective shield - 2s invulnerability.
II. Massive heal over time.
III. Taunt

Mage: Lifegiver
I. Mana healing
II. +10 HP regen
III. +10 MANA regen

*Note: I didn't list out the self heal and heal over time %s because there is no specific value given in the skills menu.

A mage's heal must've been all very OP back in s1 where +10 HP a second was a lot (100 HP in 10s) but right now, 100 hp is like 1 gun attack from a non-mythic smurf. Pointless? Indeed.

So I think there should be some changes to this: maybe making the HP and Mana regen % values, as in 2% of health recovered every second resulting in 20% health being recovered +the mage's 60% health from Lifegiver (which, coincidentally, gives 30% more HP than a mages' heal)

Also, adding a small armor buff to the Lifegiver won't hurt - mages with like 1k armor need all they can get. I'm thinking +15% armor (which could also negate aimed shot's armor reduction?)

Also I think I should add that 60% hp is nothing if a rogue in a clash singles you out - one combo is all you need to die. So an armor buff would be awesome :)

Constructive criticisms and dev replies welcome :D

P.S: Please don't flame, seeing this isn't a nerf rogues thread...

Serillia
04-01-2014, 03:43 AM
+1 ,This sounds good for all classes.And the heal will be not too OP too.

suckyiknow
04-01-2014, 03:57 AM
I'm not a mage...but awesome suggestion. I like how tanking will be affected by the armor boost - and the regen will make good use of the skill points. Pro!

Uikuha
04-01-2014, 04:05 AM
+1, yeah i hate when im using lifegiver in my mage only heal 50% :(

Sorry My English

Toy
04-01-2014, 05:44 AM
Just want to state with good medicine i think it boost your packs with additional 30% not sure if you added that, but i think with that upgrade you get around good 38% to 40% per pack.

Mages are very fragile, sts should really consider buffing mages heal as Mages in most MMO is all about healing

Joncheese
04-01-2014, 05:46 AM
Damn i hope they pay attention.

Alhuntrazeck
04-01-2014, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the replies, guys.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think its 30 HP regained per second per pack for 10 seconds - 300 HP from 1 pack. Please correct if I'm wrong :)

Sceazikua
04-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Just pointing out that the hp regen on our heal doesnt even tick every second, its like 3 sec. Maybe change this to damage enemies units in the range? That would make the skill unique, and somehow useful in both PvE and PvP.

yasshh
04-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Seeing on 5v5 or clashes point. +1

Hope the devs consider this..

Spell
04-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Ooh I really hope the devs are reading this.those changes would be very nice!
=)

Joncheese
04-02-2014, 02:22 AM
Just pointing out that the hp regen on our heal doesnt even tick every second, its like 3 sec. Maybe change this to damage enemies units in the range? That would make the skill unique, and somehow useful in both PvE and PvP.

I'd prefer the heal..... honestly. I dont need any more dmg :)

Toy
04-02-2014, 04:36 AM
Not many mages use Lifegiver now due to the access to cheap potions. As the skill itself does not do anything much apart from healing. STS should consider about damage reduction while using lifegiver or mad regen ( 12 regen ) for 8-10 seconds. Note that 8 regen on pets are completely useless in endgame.

Sceazikua
04-02-2014, 04:54 AM
I'd prefer the heal..... honestly. I dont need any more dmg :)

But not all sorcs have 628> damage :( I only have 485 damage and with fire + light crit with ribbit only 2k5 max, and if the light doesnt crit, we are at a very big risk because we dont have enough damage :(

Osabevie
04-02-2014, 05:00 AM
This may mean mages actually use heal :eagerness:, I replaced it with shield a while back for the reasons listed above. +1

Farz
04-02-2014, 08:18 AM
I prefer to buff mage's armor permanently than only buff armor in lifegiver...

Bless
04-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the replies, guys.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think its 30 HP regained per second per pack for 10 seconds - 300 HP from 1 pack. Please correct if I'm wrong :) Not 10 seconds at all, more like 3-5 seconds of HoT. About 4 ticks.

CuteFrog
04-02-2014, 05:01 PM
I hope mage have shield like warrior heal

Fearmonger
04-02-2014, 09:40 PM
Actually, I feel like they could do a great deal for lifegiver by giving it a drastically reduced cooldown. If it only took 5 or so seconds to cool down, think of how much healing that gives the mage.

Mage OP!

Capolista
04-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Maybe devs team can also add change for sorcerer lifegiver also giving damage to nearby undead enemies,

Example : dead city skeleton or mobs in hauntlet or kraken mines lv3

Sceazikua
04-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Actually, I feel like they could do a great deal for lifegiver by giving it a drastically reduced cooldown. If it only took 5 or so seconds to cool down, think of how much healing that gives the mage.

Mage OP!

And warrior are unable to kill mages because they keep fire ball and then heal O_o And in a clash with 2 mages the teams hp never goes down?

Fearmonger
04-03-2014, 12:35 AM
Yeah, put it together with the mana regen pperk and everything just gets wonderful! XD

But seriously, they could reduce the recharge time to something reasonable which would probably make the skill more desirable.

Bless
04-03-2014, 12:42 AM

Mage OP! Keep dreaming :rolleyes:

Rean
04-03-2014, 01:41 AM
Actually, why not give a Mana Shield upgrade to Lifegiver?

Mana Shield - For xx amount of seconds, xx% damage taken will be absorbed by your mana.

Instanthumor
04-03-2014, 01:47 AM
Pure logic. Only fools would ignore/disagree with this cough cough

Joncheese
04-03-2014, 02:27 AM
But not all sorcs have 628> damage :( I only have 485 damage and with fire + light crit with ribbit only 2k5 max, and if the light doesnt crit, we are at a very big risk because we dont have enough damage :(

Thats still a high amount of dmg for a lesser geared mage. The arcane staff gives a hell of a stat boost..... Anyway point taken but in general i think our dmg is just fine.

Mage OP!

As stupid as this may seem it wouldn't be a bad idea. A few seconds slower would make the world of difference. I'd prefer a Tick though :P

Sky_is_epicgearz
04-03-2014, 12:25 PM

Mage OP!

I disagree, don't change the CD. Every class's heal skill has a 15 second CD. Just get rid of the useless +10 health and mana regen and add in something more desirable. 100 mana and 100 hp counts for nothing in both pvp and pve, granted you even last the 10 seconds it lasts for.

Foebegone
04-08-2014, 10:08 AM
But its all about the +10 regens look at our awesome staff with the same crazy 10 mana regen!!! Seriously op with both that's nearly 200 mana's right there! You do have all your points in STR right? o.O no! Oh my you crazy fool!

Sent from my device using an app.