PDA

View Full Version : Elite maps are not that hard

csyui
03-31-2014, 01:12 PM
I have run a few elite map on my mage with skills fire/ice/lightning/shield. I was expecting to see the difficulties of elite map as described by many folks here. But unfortunately, elite new map is easier than season 1 elite brakenridge map.

For those who think elite new map is hard, here is some suggestion:

1) Get better gear;
I met some players who were wearing some crap gears to run elite map, that is totally a suicide, you can't expect to run elite map easily with those crap gears, otherwise they shouldn't name it 'Elite' map. So you should go farm at easy map for gold, and get some better gears before entering elite map.

2) Don't hesitate to spam pots;
I notice some players only consume potions when their HP is down to 20-30%, which is not good. You need to check how much damage elite mobs can do to you, for example your HP is 3000, but unfortunately elite mobs can do 700-800 dmg on you, then you would better make sure your HP is always above 50% such that you can survive from two hits from mobs even you don't have time to spam pots.

3) Run with strategies
I notice some new players enter the elite map without any prior homework, they are not even familiar with the map. Sometimes they run randomly on the map, and trig lots of mobs chasing them, which is quite wrong way to run elite map. You need to explore the map in normal mode before entering elite map, try to have your answer for such question as 'where the mobs are', 'which place on the map can be the rest zone' and etc.

4) At last, if you find the elite map is still hard for you even after you doing the above thing, please don't enter elite map. You are not ready for hard mode.

Bless
03-31-2014, 01:16 PM
Pro ^

utpal
03-31-2014, 01:20 PM
i find difficult running with my 6.1k hp and 1900armour tank. i die alot and get one shot too. not mch fun tho.
probably u hav ran elite wilds and trails lol. thos r easy maps and hence drops r not worth more then 400k nd still price dropping.
better run in caves and summit. u will rage quit if u dnt burn plats.

Sorcerie
03-31-2014, 01:24 PM
People should be able to run elite maps with pink gears, I know I was able to do it last season in Shuyal with no problem.

This season? You can't do anything in elites in pink gear even if you tried, and trust me I did.

Spamming pots? Lol, that's hilarious when im getting one-shotted with my shield on with full mythic excpet for weapon, btw...

Run with strategy? Sure that's fine, but if you cant run because your pink gear and pot spamming can't keep you alive long enough to help your party, then there's really no point is there?

So i guess every player who isn't running mythics is not ready for hard mode. :rolleyes:

utpal
03-31-2014, 01:29 PM
People should be able to run elite maps with pink gears, I know I was able to do it last season in Shuyal with no problem.

This season? You can't do anything in elites in pink gear even if you tried, and trust me I did.

Spamming pots? Lol, that's hilarious when im getting one-shotted with my shield on with full mythic excpet for weapon, btw...

Run with strategy? Sure that's fine, but if you cant run because your pink gear and pot spamming can't keep you alive long enough to help your party, then there's really no point is there?

So i guess every player who isn't running mythics is not ready for hard mode. :rolleyes:

exactly. i dnt hav mythic set. now i run new elite if only there is another mythic tank lol with samael. XD. bt thts jst for 2-3runs.

Candylicks
03-31-2014, 01:29 PM
4) At last, if you find the elite map is still hard for you even after you doing the above thing, please don't enter elite map. You are not ready for hard mode.

Elites are supposed to be hard and unless you take the time to go in there, make mistakes, and noob it up you will never learn.

csyui
03-31-2014, 01:30 PM

Mythic players ≠ Elite players

Sorcerie
03-31-2014, 01:34 PM
Mythic players ≠ Elite playersYou obviously missed the point...

csyui
03-31-2014, 01:36 PM
You obviously missed the point...

You obviously misunderstand the "Elite" map.

Sorcerie
03-31-2014, 01:41 PM
You obviously misunderstand the "Elite" map.Then how about you put on the best pink set available atm for your class and run an elite tindirin and see how you do.

GoodSyntax
03-31-2014, 01:44 PM
I agree, you should be able to run in pinks. Just be mindful that folks are trying to run elites in lv35/36 pinks. That would be no different than trying to run Elite Undim Fields in lv30/31 pinks.

We simply have to wait for high-end lv40/41 pinks to percolate through the community before we can rush to judgement on whether these new elites are unfair.

Last season, people running around in lv30 crate gear also thought Shuyal was way too difficult, but somehow the economy became oversaturated with elite loot, so that must mean that a sizeable percentage of the population was eventually able to find some success there.

Tendirin
03-31-2014, 01:45 PM
they are hard to me

Sorcerie
03-31-2014, 01:57 PM
I agree, you should be able to run in pinks. Just be mindful that folks are trying to run elites in lv35/36 pinks. That would be no different than trying to run Elite Undim Fields in lv30/31 pinks.

We simply have to wait for high-end lv40/41 pinks to percolate through the community before we can rush to judgement on whether these new elites are unfair.

Last season, people running around in lv30 crate gear also thought Shuyal was way too difficult, but somehow the economy became oversaturated with elite loot, so that must mean that a sizeable percentage of the population was eventually able to find some success there.Level 41 Conquistador sets from locked are abundant and should be sufficient to run elites, but lets face it, even those can't hold up to the rigors of running elite tindirin or else there would be much more player traffic with PUGS.

As it is now, no one wants to run them and it's not just because of the difficulty, the gear just can't hold up.

falmear
03-31-2014, 02:06 PM
Level 41 Conquistador sets from locked are abundant and should be sufficient to run elites, but lets face it, even those can't hold up to the rigors of running elite tindirin or else there would be much more player traffic with PUGS.

As it is now, no one wants to run them and it's not just because of the difficulty, the gear just can't hold up.

My guess is that the conquistador are not sufficient, at least for mage. I suggest buying the magma armor & helm with teeth. The health and armor is almost same as mythic armor & helm. The conquistador armour/helm is much lower.

Sorcerie
03-31-2014, 02:11 PM
My guess is that the conquistador are not sufficient, at least for mage. I suggest buying the magma armor & helm with teeth. The health and armor is almost same as mythic armor & helm. The conquistador armour/helm is much lower.Ha, ya lemme spend 100+ hours farming normal maps for those 220 teeth for that set just to be able to get one shotted the same as a mythic mage. LOL

falmear
03-31-2014, 02:14 PM
Ha, ya lemme spend 100+ hours farming normal maps for those 220 teeth for that set just to be able to get one shotted the same as a mythic mage. LOL

If you can't handle playing elites and avoiding getting one shot with mythics then maybe elite isn't for you.

Anarchist
03-31-2014, 02:17 PM
i can successfully run first /second /third /fourth map without dying once and keeping the party with least death possible if you need help hit me up.

(still haven't tried Elite rendtail cause i can't find a suicide party.)

Maliath.

Anarchist
03-31-2014, 02:19 PM
Mythic players ≠ Elite players

You obviously missed the point...

Actually cysui is right Siru :P

A legendary player can successfully run the maps.

What is fundamental is having a good party.

Jexetta
03-31-2014, 02:20 PM
I'll try (no promises) running with a conquistador set tonight, malison for a pet, post a map with pulls, and do a video. The elites aren't hard if you know what you're doing, you just need to limit yourself to a certain amount of enemies and a certain amount / type of enemy. Pulling several scorns at once is suicide, not killing the healer / shaman is equally not the route to take.

In retrospect I think part of the reason STG delayed having elites was for people to learn the maps, but I don't think many people took advantage of that.

Sorcerie
03-31-2014, 02:22 PM
If you can't handle playing elites and avoiding getting one shot with mythics then maybe elite isn't for you.All I'm saying is if the geared players are struggling to get through these maps average players aren't going to even attempt it - you can tell that already just by looking at the traffic in elites.

It's just as dead as shuyal and there's money to be made from these items, so what does that say about the quality of their game play?

Candylicks
03-31-2014, 02:22 PM
i can successfully run first /second /third /fourth map without dying once and keeping the party with least death possible if you need help hit me up.

(still haven't tried Elite rendtail cause i can't find a suicide party.)

Maliath.

See this is helpful and I love that you posted it. The thing is ppl just need to run more w/ others who have already found success in the elites.

Kakashis
03-31-2014, 02:40 PM
In my runs, it is harder, but it is doable. If you took everyone on my team's mythic/arcane gear and pets, I'd tell you it'd be much worse on plat burning. Right now, I find it's those darn serpent mobs that are haxor with one hit deaths as well as them meteorites that even when out of red zones still means a certain death.

It's a tough call, I like how everything is high priced heck even if I had the gold I wouldn't buy the items as they're not good enough. They're not better than the upgraded level 36 mythic set so meeh.

The only thing I find that helps is a good team as well as playing around with your choice in skills/passives as well as base stats. Bottom line, don't run with PUGS, you will rage quit.

Morholt
03-31-2014, 02:44 PM
I can effectively run a mage in all pinks & a purple ring in elite Trindin. lol
I sometimes find myself in parties with another mage that is wearing mythic gear and they're the one dying a lot more.

As long as I have a decent enough tank who knows how to hold position and not pull more than he can handle, elite Trindin goes pretty smoothly. Elite Trindin isn't THAT hard. It's just that you can't breeze right through it. Strategy is actually required. And if you can get two mages who understand how to coordinate there attack sequences...it becomes pretty simple.

notfaded1
03-31-2014, 03:15 PM
At first I thought this was a joke... I can take things either way but I don't see average players dealing with this for long if this is it... don't kid yourselves. The drop in traffic in the elites is the first sign things are taking a turn for the worst and I don't mean just Tindirin. (It should be going the other way by now not down)

Hectororius
03-31-2014, 04:26 PM
There! They tweaked the bosses. One hits still possible, but you wont mysteriously die.

win/win?

Fyrce
03-31-2014, 05:09 PM
Pets are included in the equips advice. I've seen people running Deary in Elite ...

If you are not constantly hitting your pot button, you're not potting enough. And yes, you will sometimes die.

>>> Elite.

VenomsChaos
03-31-2014, 09:18 PM
I'll try (no promises) running with a conquistador set tonight, malison for a pet, post a map with pulls, and do a video. The elites aren't hard if you know what you're doing, you just need to limit yourself to a certain amount of enemies and a certain amount / type of enemy. Pulling several scorns at once is suicide, not killing the healer / shaman is equally not the route to take.

In retrospect I think part of the reason STG delayed having elites was for people to learn the maps, but I don't think many people took advantage of that.

hmm interesting... if your party full of lvl 41 best legendary items without arcanes can you run with your best strategy ?? if yes pls pm me the video links.. i think team need 1-2 best geared player for the a legendary item mage, but still 2 problem there

1= max geared ppls mostly almost allways leaveing if team have a low statue player.

2= everyone cant plat revive, so probably you will miss the drop, team will leave and not run with you again ( ofcourse if you runing with guild, if they are your friends, sametimes they will let you join with your legendary set )

VenomsChaos
03-31-2014, 09:33 PM
i didnt try tindrin elites yet, but on posts and ppls talks there seems samething wrong with balance...

1= if mobs or bosses 1 hiting everyone, need plat revive.. everyone not have plat for it, so they cant enter map " or they can farm locked till save 50-150 mil than enter elites and have fun " ...

2= i think second best geared player team could play there to without die if they are really pro.. if you have second best gear and you are not doing any mistake and team not doing bad job, you shouldnt die... when you die you could tell yourself " omg i died coz i did that mistake " <<< this is whats fun on a hard dungeon and this is the difficult balance...

example if a max geared pro team runing in 20 min <<< second best geared pro team could run in 30 min without die.. 1 hit = die << isnt a difficult way

Crowsfoot
03-31-2014, 09:43 PM
I have run a few elite map on my mage with skills fire/ice/lightning/shield. I was expecting to see the difficulties of elite map as described by many folks here. But unfortunately, elite new map is easier than season 1 elite brakenridge map.

For those who think elite new map is hard, here is some suggestion:

1) Get better gear;
I met some players who were wearing some crap gears to run elite map, that is totally a suicide, you can't expect to run elite map easily with those crap gears, otherwise they shouldn't name it 'Elite' map. So you should go farm at easy map for gold, and get some better gears before entering elite map.

2) Don't hesitate to spam pots;
I notice some players only consume potions when their HP is down to 20-30%, which is not good. You need to check how much damage elite mobs can do to you, for example your HP is 3000, but unfortunately elite mobs can do 700-800 dmg on you, then you would better make sure your HP is always above 50% such that you can survive from two hits from mobs even you don't have time to spam pots.

3) Run with strategies
I notice some new players enter the elite map without any prior homework, they are not even familiar with the map. Sometimes they run randomly on the map, and trig lots of mobs chasing them, which is quite wrong way to run elite map. You need to explore the map in normal mode before entering elite map, try to have your answer for such question as 'where the mobs are', 'which place on the map can be the rest zone' and etc.

You posted this AFTER the recent nerf

Sceazikua
03-31-2014, 11:36 PM
Level 41 Conquistador sets from locked are abundant and should be sufficient to run elites, but lets face it, even those can't hold up to the rigors of running elite tindirin or else there would be much more player traffic with PUGS.

Its crate armors. Did you run elite shuyal with devourer and dimensional helm/armor or with architect and hellish, tarlok? LOL you dont expect to run the hardest maps in the game with a set that is less than 1k gold worth, do you?

Classychic
04-01-2014, 11:25 AM
When you pull a max of three mobs at a time, I have to agree that they're not that hard. However when you always run with a new set of people due to AP completion, it because a hot mess all over again. :) some mobs just dont segreggate that easily, and partymates dont always listen to "back".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoodSyntax
04-01-2014, 11:35 AM

Challenge accepted! This is how it is done:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?145991-Elite-Chronicles-Rogues-Guide-To-Elite-Tindirin-The-Wilds

Rare
04-01-2014, 11:42 AM

Just as an aside, and nothing to do with the difficulty of Tindirin... there haven't been elite pugs since Kraken and Elite Southern Seas.

GoodSyntax
04-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Just as an aside, and nothing to do with the difficulty of Tindirin... there haven't been elite pugs since Kraken and Elite Southern Seas.

I ran a ton of PUGs in Elite Oltgar last season, but, generally, you are right, not many PUGs run the majority of elite maps.

There will always be PUGs in Forest, Brackenridge, Rooks Nest, Lost Mages Mine, and Southern Seas, because these maps are fast, easy and relatively unhindered by the need for good strategies. Oltgar used to be a good spot to get a pick-up group, but this season, it has become notably more difficult, so that has effectively killed off PUGs there (at least for now).

The problem is that if you scale up the difficulty of the elite maps, you kill of PUGability and mainstream interest. If you do not, hardcore farmers lose interest and elite drops lose value. It's a tough balancing act, and I'm not sure what the best solution would be other than to keep providing information and strategies to those who show interest.

firechandra
04-01-2014, 01:16 PM
In my opinion new elites are like elites should be, something where you need strategy and good gear to survive, the only thing I don't like of new elites is that they are longer than many of the past, apart from the first (that isn't still a short map) and third the others take a lot of time if you aren't in a super party and/or with elixirs. Mobs have a lot more life than in the past and our damage is not still increased enough since many items lvl 41 are similar or also worst than the best 36. I think this will be solved with itemization, but meanwhile I would like a lot a little reduction in number of mobs to than run to boss, NOT easier mobs.

Zylx
04-01-2014, 11:29 PM
This season's conquistador sets are like last season's devourer sets. Of course anything found in locked crates are not going to be the best legendary gear for the season. Last season, i saw it as 4 tiers of legendary gear.

•Tier 1: Devourer/Dimensional
•Tier 2: Architect
•Tier 3: Hellish/[winter legendaries other than tarlok, forgot the name]
•Tier 4: Tarlok

So far, we've seen the first two tiers, and the next two (possibly more) will follow. The first tier being the conquistador sets and the second tier being the elite sets (i think they're called the magma). So if you cant do elites now, wait until better gear comes out.

Sceazikua
04-02-2014, 12:33 AM
This season's conquistador sets are like last season's devourer sets. Of course anything found in locked crates are not going to be the best legendary gear for the season. Last season, i saw it as 4 tiers of legendary gear.

•Tier 1: Devourer/Dimensional
•Tier 2: Architect
•Tier 3: Hellish/[winter legendaries other than tarlok, forgot the name]
•Tier 4: Tarlok

So far, we've seen the first two tiers, and the next two (possibly more) will follow. The first tier being the conquistador sets and the second tier being the elite sets (i think they're called the magma). So if you cant do elites now, wait until better gear comes out.

This. Last season Halloween suddenly pops up so everyone knows hellish as "normal pink gear" because it has cheap price and has better stat than crate gear. Then tarlok strikes, wintermancer and frozen gear are so much cheaper (wintermancer has same stat as hellish, frozen has better stat and tarlok has the best stat out of all) so again people could buy those armors with cheap price, making them think those gear are "normal pink gear". Now people only have the conquistador gear so they think they could use it as "normal pink gear" as in shuyal, but it turns out that its only crate gear, like dimensional and devourer. Using conquistador in elite tindirin is just like using devourer/dimensional in elite shuyal, did you do it?

Breggz YG
04-02-2014, 07:21 AM
To end this arguement..new elite maps = elite player =rich player thats the formula... If ur not belong to the elite players then u could still run elite maps but only those have low lvl mobs or u could still run elite new maps if you could spare 1-2 hours for 1 map.. Thtas the game.. Live it........ I myself find new elite maps so hard for my caliber.. But still if finish lvl41 elite maps.. Am just so shy to tell you people how long it takes hahaha chillll!

Thrindal
04-02-2014, 08:21 AM
Actually cysui is right Siru :P

A legendary player can successfully run the maps.

What is fundamental is having a good party.

I couldn't agree more, the biggest key to these maps that I have found is the tank and a party with a plan that communicates strategy. I have run with mythic tanks that can't hold agro and I will die frequently. On the other hand I have run with just partially mythic tanks that hold incredible agro on mobs and I can run without a death.

Some strategy's everyone has to be on board with are...

1. Pulling and culling mobs... Don't fight big mobs and when there are large mobs there are strategy's for culling 1-3 mobs from a group of 7-8 but everyone has to be on board with the strategy. If you have party members flying into battle without a clue uncoordinated you have no chance even full mythic.

2. More specific strategy... On the ghost shamans where you have to destroy a statue before you can damage shaman. We usually run as 1 tank, 1 mage, and 2 rouge although you could change out one rouge for a mage and be OK. The tank needs to pull the mobs away from the statue. One mage then performs crowd control with the tank holding agro. Then the 2 others jump ahead and destroy the statue as fast as possible. The 2 rouges then run back and help to start cull mobs and kill. We have done this with minimal deaths but requires coordination.

Finally I will say that I was fortunate enough to be in a party that cracked the elite egg. If you think we did that without strategy your crazy. Now we did it with no arcane pets, no arcane rings, and the only mythic weapon was with our tank and the tank is just the distraction so weapon isn't that important. Now we did all have mythic armor and pendants although I think we all had legendary rings. Now in full disclosure this was not cheap, everyone except the tank bought damage elixers and when we were getting down to about 10-20% without cracking the egg two of us bought Combo elixers to finish it off. So can you crack the egg without plat and mythics? I highly doubt it. On the other hand I think if you have a really good party that communicates and strategizes I do think you can do the rest of the Elite maps.

While equipment helps your party is a much bigger factor IMHO in running elites.

One thing for my legendary friends to look for, if STS does a mythic event look for last generation mythics to drop in price. If you can afford those you will be able to help yourself out quite a bit.

Good luck, practice, and find a highly skilled party,

Thrindal