PDA

View Full Version : How to track a scammer....

Energizeric
03-31-2014, 01:19 PM
Some of you have been scammed before, and we have all read these sad stories.... Someone scams you, then they change their name, and now there is no way to figure out who they are or where they went.

Well, help is now on the way. Did you ever notice that if one of your buddies on your friends list changes his/her name, then the change is reflected on your friends list? Problem is, no scammer would ever accept your friend request. In fact, often times a scammer will delete their entire friends list before changing names for this exact reason.

However..... one little secret that not many players know is that the "ignore" list works the same way. And you do not need the scammer to accept a request to be added to your ignore list. You can add anyone to that list that you want. And if they change names? Yup, you got it! The name change is reflected on that list too.

So if you are scammed, I suggest you quickly add that person's name to your ignore list. Assuming that your ignore list is not very large, it should be easy to track any name changes that person makes.

Bless
03-31-2014, 01:21 PM
Yep, oldschool tactic, but very effective as scammers (are stupid enough to) waste 30 plat for a name change.

Anarchist
03-31-2014, 02:32 PM
Wooopp!
wise! XD

ClumsyCactus
03-31-2014, 02:33 PM
I did not think of that... I wish i would've known this before! Thanks alot for the tip! ^^

Impact
03-31-2014, 02:37 PM
Smart....

legendeering
03-31-2014, 02:56 PM
Another way to avoid scammers, don't be greedy or gullible. Without those two traits you won't get scammed here.

Xenobiotic
03-31-2014, 04:34 PM
Smart ener :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samdegreat
03-31-2014, 04:54 PM
Yep the guy who scammed me I PM him every week he has changed name 11 times...

P.s you should do It on your guest account so u can still message them on main :)

Commanderkeen
03-31-2014, 05:13 PM
I got just one question. How does one get scammed?

I've been playing these games since early 2011 and never had someone even try to scam me. I've had people back out of trades but I don't count that as a scam or even a attempt of one.

The only people I ever see complaining about being scammed is when they try to rip someone off when they say "great deal" and get ripped off in the process. Sounds like just desserts to me.

Glasveena
03-31-2014, 07:31 PM
if he has multiple characters on that ID you ignore, and the other character is in your friendlist, it's gone too. :)
if the scammer wanna continue his activity, he gotta start from scratch, new character, lvl 1, again.
hopefully not so many people need to use this feature. It is kinda sad to have long ignore list.

Gensin
04-01-2014, 09:20 AM
Omg nice! Gg