PDA

View Full Version : Elite Chronicles: Rogues Guide To Elite Tindirin [The Wilds]

GoodSyntax
04-01-2014, 01:24 AM
See the entire Elite Chronicles Series here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?147373-Elite-Chronicles-Solo-Adventures-in-the-Elite-Maps-of-Arlor

So, we've all heard about how supremely challenging these new elite maps are, and how only the "pros" with the best gear could ever dream of running these maps in a party, let alone solo. Well, I took it upon myself to prove that with the right strategy, even the worst crate gear and some level 36 Legendaries can solo one of these elite maps.

Below are a few screenshots of the gear I purchased strictly for this walkthrough. In this case, purchasing a bow, helm and armor cost me just under 51k - a reasonable amount for anyone that would even consider attempting to run an elite map, let alone solo.

So, with the gear purchased, in I went with my crate gear and some reasonably high quality level 36 gear. Note, I am not using any mythic items, not any items that I would consider unattainable by the mainstream player.

For my pet, I chose another highly attainable, yet very serviceable pet....our good friend Malison. His all around stat boost is more than worthwhile, and his 15% dodge bonus in conjunction with the buffs you receive from Shadow Veil make this a solid companion for your journey into the elite world of Tindirin.

So, here we are, note ahead, you see a cluster of five mobs. One archer, one shaman and three spear wielding melee mobs. In a party, you would probably just go right for all of them; however, in this case, since I am solo, and in what one would deem inferior gear, I will take a more conservative approach and utilize a separation tactic. Aggro any of these mobs, preferably the shaman, since that is the target we should be most concerned about. This will cause the entire group to chase after you.

With the entire group chasing you, retreat back to the entrance of the map and the magic portal. Stand in the location pictured below. This is the reset point for melee mobs in the first pull, so you will effectively separate out just the ranged mobs, specifically the shaman and the archer.

It is a delicate balance of maintaining aggro on just the shaman while not aggroing the archer. It may take a few attempts at first, but eventually, you will be one vs. one against the shaman. And, what do Rogues specialize in? 1v1 damage of course! Take out the shaman.

PRO TIP:
Shamans have three attack styles. A hard-hitting ranged attack, an intermediate, middling damage spear attack and a melee ranged windup stomp attack. Avoid the stop attack by minimizing your time in melee range against him. I have found that an Aimed, Nox, Pierce combo to be a very effective damage dealer; however, as soon as your Pierce lands, get out of melee range, because the shaman likes to do his windup stomp attack if you spend too much time in melee range. His stomp is a one hit kill for anything except well geared tanks.

With the shaman disposed of, we want to perform another separation to isolate just the archer. Aggro the group once again and retreat.

Retreat back to the melee reset point and be assertive in your attacks against the archer. The archer's damage can be high, but 1v1, he doesn't stand a chance.

Patience is the key to minimizing deaths. Wait for one of the spear holding mobs to be isolated and fire off an attack to aggro one mob at a time.

Once you have aggro, it is a good idea to retreat just a bit. You don't want an errant arrow to aggro the others, forcing you to either fight all three at once, or reset the group.

Repeat the attack as soon as the two mobs separate a bit. Once again, as soon as you achieve aggro, retreat back a few steps. You want to be in a 1v1 situation as often as possible. Once you have disposed of this spear holder, go ahead and move on to the third mob to clear this pull.

Next up, is a cluster of three archers. It is possible to aggro one at a time; however, chances are very high that you will aggro the two closest. Do not use Noxious Bolt in this pull as the AoE poison can aggro the third archer, so it is best to either used a charged bow attack or an Aimed Shot.

Once again, with aggro established, retreat to prevent any accidental guests to your fight. One rogue against two archers is a fair enough battle, so don't be too intimidated by them. As long as you drop a Shadow Veil and use Malison's Arcane Ability, you should be able to dodge, pot and attack long enough to take down one of the mobs

With the two archers out of the way, you are now set up for a 1v1 against the third archer. Easy peasy lemon squeezie.

Next up, on the left behind the walls are a cluster of five mobs. One shaman, one archer and three melee spear holders. Go ahead and aggro the entire group and start retreating.

Retreat back to the melee reset point, which will separate the group, leaving you to face the shaman and archer. Again, focus your attacks on the shaman - he is your primary threat at this point and the one that is most likely to kill you. Drop a Shadow Veil and use Malison's arcane ability and don't forget to stay out of melee range as much as you can against the shaman. When the shaman has been handled, turn your attention towards the archer and dispose of him as well.

Now, we return back to the three melee mobs. In this case, instead of trying to hook one while the other two reset, I prefer to use a strafing attack and handle all three at once. Use your terrain wisely. If you use the wall as a defensive shield to avoid line-of-sight, you control when and where you expose yourself. Fire off Aimed Shots and charged Noxious Bolts - avoid using Pierce as that will only get you into trouble. Keep kiting, circling and hiding behind the walls as needed until you handle all three of them.

With this section cleared, proceed forward. Inch ahead slowly because two archers will jump out of the bushes. You only want aggro from these two, and not the cluster of six mobs ahead. Once the first archer spawns, fire off an arrow and start retreating.

Once you are a safe distance away, you can dispose of these two archers. I would recommend focusing your attacks on one mob at a time. There is nothing more frustrating than being pummeled by a bunch of mobs, all with less than 20% of their health.

Now comes one of the more difficult parts of this run. Up ahead, there are two archers, a scorn looking creature and three spear mobs. First off, you want to separate out the archers. I suggest you go ahead and aggro the entire group (using charged Nox, since it is nice to have the poison damage start while you are running away). Retreat back to the melee reset point.

Sometimes, you can isolate a single archer (remember that one was standing just a little bit further away than the other, so his reset point is a little further away as well), other times, you may get both. Either way, one rogue versus one or two archers shouldn't cause too much drama. In my case, I succeeded in aggroing one archer at a time, so after the first archer was killed, I went back and aggroed the group a second time to gather the second archer.

Next, we use a hook approach, which is to aggro, retreat back to the melee reset point, but to spam attacks against one or two mobs during their approach. With a higher aggro level, these one or two mobs will stick around while the rest of the pack resets.

Now that we have thinned the group down to three, you can proceed with a strafing approach. Keep circling and strafing until the entire group has been dealt with.

PRO TIP:
Pay heed to the scorn, he is faster than the rest of the mobs, and he has, what I consider to be, an invisible windup electric bite attack that one-hits rogues and mages. Use the fact that he is the fastest mob to your advantage, because you want to dispose of him first. As you circle and kite, wait until the scorn is the closest mob - that ensures that your attacks will hit him and not the others.

Next up are two spear wielding mobs. Get just within bow range and attack the pair. Retreat a step or two and drop a Shadow Veil and spam away. You should be able to handle both of these two at the same time.

With these two handled, go to the opening on the right side of the wall. Up ahead a two archers and a spearman jump out of the bushes, but it is best to control how many you engage, so stay to the far right and gain aggro on the two that appear there.

Once you have aggro, retreat back, you really don't want any additional attention from the second archer at this point.

Once again, you are left 1v1 against the remaining archer. Do your thing!

Next up is a cluster of four spearmen and a shaman. While you could use a strafing strategy, utilizing the wall as a defensive measure, the easiest way to handle this is another hook strategy. Aggro the group and retreat.

This point here, in between the fence and the bush serves as the general reset area for the group. Fire off a few attacks to keep your aggro level high on one or two mobs and allow the rest to reset.

If done correctly, you should be able to separate them down into one or two at a time. 5v1 doesn't favor your, but 1v1 or 2v1 does, so keep repeating this approach until you kill off two of the five in the group.

With the remaining three, you have two choices, you can either strafe and use the walls as a defensive position, or you can retreat back to the bushline, which can be a reset point for spearmen. Generally, I strafe down one of the spearmen and reset the other so I can go 1v1 against the shaman.

Without the pesky healing shaman, and most of his buddies handled, we have one remaining spearman.

Continue ahead, staying on the right brushline - three mobs will jump out of the bushes. Fire off a shot or two to pick up aggro, and retreat back to the brushline you used earlier. This serves as the reset point for the two spearmen, leaving you with the archer to handle.

Handle this group one by one until you have taken down all three...

Next up is a green troll with three archers. The toll is very annoying because he has a stun attack, so it is best to simply aggro the group and run away.

Retreat back to the left hand turn in the map. This will reset the troll, and if you hook one or two archers at a time, you can control how this fight develops by allowing one or two of the archers to reset.

Repeat this process until all archers have been killed. You want to go 1v1 against the troll since that offers the highest probability of success.

Proceed ahead until you find a handful of mobs. Attack any that are isolated and retreat back a few steps to ensure you are going 1v1 as much as possible.

With the first couple of mobs killed, as you approach, more will jump out of the bushes. Stay to the left and you can manage situations such as this where you are facing two archers. Stray too close to the middle or right side of the map, and you risk pulling a larger group.

Continue ahead, plucking mobs off one at a time.

Be careful on this next pull. If you are impatient (as I was), you risk aggroing the shaman as well forcing you to fight an archer and a shaman at the same time.

If you do pick up the shaman along with the archer, focus on the shaman first - the his the greater threat to you.

Ignore the cluster of whelps on the left. It is a large group of them, so that means trouble - make sure you never get into bow range of that group, you only want to pick off the spearman ahead, not anger five whelps who will chase after you.

Keep working your way forward, sniping one mob at a time. Have patience, some of these mobs will reposition, so if you don't have a good shot, wait for them to reposition. The point here is not for a fast run, but rather a safe one.

We're coming down the home stretch here. Up ahead is one of the last three single pulls you will be able to manage.

Next up is the group of three remaining. Aggro the entire group and retreat back into the area you just cleared. You want some space to work with so you can strafe then with Nox and let the poison do the bulk of the damage.

Now, you get to go face to face with the second to last mob that you have to handle. Attack him and retreat back a bit. You do not want to risk accidentally aggroing the mobs ahead or to the left.

On the left is a cluster of three archers. This can present a challenge, but if you pot, use Malison's Arcane ability and focus your attacks on one archer at a time, you should be able to manage this pull. Remember to retreat back to a cleared area, because you don't want to aggro the fourth archer, as I think it may be more than you could handle.

Up ahead is the fourth archer and the final mob pull in this map. Stay at range and draw the archer to you - don't anger the group of whelps behind him!

Now, the most challenging part of this map (aside from the bosses themselves). Here, we have to run a gauntlet to get into the boss area. Your best best is to start your run and trigger Mali's arcane ability for the dodge bonus. Speed pets, such as Haze, Scorch, Kettle, Shiloh, etc., are all very useful during this stretch. If you are in a party, stay close to your tank and pray that he uses horn just as you clear the first group of mobs.

Almost there! Continue straight ahead and hide up by the lava pool.

This point here serves as the reset point for almost all of the mobs. Sometimes a shaman decides he wants to stay for a little bit, but if you walk him around the lava pool, he will lose interest and reset.

So, here we are. You versus two mini bosses. I find the shaman to be a far greater threat than the troll, so I suggest you focus all of your attacks on him. NEVER get into melee range here. Both bosses are capable of one-hit kills, so keep kiting and fire off charged Aimed Shot and charged Nox. Avoid using pierce for now - it will only get you into trouble.

If Drake hatches before you finish off the troll, be aware that if you can keep your fight contained to the fringes by the grass, the dragon doesn't seem to notice you - perhaps he needs glasses and a hearing aid...

Drake is a relatively easy boss if you stay out of melee range. The only attack that could be difficult to avoid is his 360 degree windup attack. I found the most successful strategy is to keep firing off charged Aimed and Nox while pulling him towards the bottom of the map. Once you get near the grassline (don't go too far, all three bosses could reset!), use a charged Pierce to blast through to the other side, then use charged Aimed and Nox and pull him up. Then, pierce through him and pull him back down once again.

If you like to live dangerously, when Drake does his 360 degree windup attack, you have a second or two where you can switch to your Leprechaun Pendant loadout. Be careful - slow fingers leads to deaths, and unfortunately, I died here with Drake down to less than 10% hp. When you die, the egg and both mini-bosses reset, so I had to go through the fight a second time.

So, there you have it, an easy to do walkthrough using run-of-the-mill crate gear. Good strategies will always make tough maps easier, and this map is no exception. Limit the number of mobs you have to manage through a combination of separation strategies, hook strategies and defensive repositioning. Use your range to pick off mobs one at a time, and exercise some patience to allow for best mob positioning. This map isn't all that difficult if you do it right - and now you know how it's done.

Now, I looted Zucchini Sticks of Celerity here, but perhaps you may get lucky and drop a set of Magma Blades of Brutality - which at current market value, should net you about 1.5 million at acution.

Notes: This was a slow run due to me trying to get copious screenshots to detail the strategy here. I died several times trying to get screenshots while awaiting mob resets, so while you are waiting, it is a good practice to keep potting. Also, during my run, I was trying to crop one of my screenies at the same time, and accidentally hit Ctrl+R, which reloaded the browser and terminated the run when I was more than halfway done. The screenshots in this guide actually come from three separate solo runs; hence the disparity in the timer.

If you found this guide to be useful, I would love to see some solo screenshots of you and your loot. Good luck runners, and may all of your drops be Legendary!

Ishtmeet
04-01-2014, 01:52 AM
Nice kali, I'm sure this will definitely help a lot of Players :)

deathwraithx
04-01-2014, 02:12 AM
Most of the trouble on these maps comes from unwanted aggro and the unwillingness of the party to reset the extra mobs or pull small sections at a time. This guide will help us survive the wilds
Thanks Kali!

Sent from my Xperia U using Tapatalk 4

Sceazikua
04-01-2014, 02:14 AM
Cant believe you just wrote and put this much screenshots! This is truely the thing people who cry about gear should read!

Yakiniku
04-01-2014, 02:43 AM
Unbelievable! Is that 27 min run in your legendary gear? Well done!

This is a great post. This could benefit not only rogues, but every class, since randoms seem to be unaware of pulling and hooking tactics. When randoms with lesser gear charge right into the pack, I know we're in for a wild ride.

GoodSyntax
04-01-2014, 07:07 AM
Now obviously, this is the most conservative approach to this map that you can get. If your gear is higher quality, you have a combo elixir, and you are in a good party, you can certainly adjust your approach, but I always think that it is best to start at the beginning and scale up as your confidence increases.

With this guide, you now know where the major pulls are, where mobs spawn and how much is needed to be cleared before the bosses spawn. A good party should be able to handle each cluster of mobs together as one pull. A great party will combine multiple pulls together for maximum efficiency and speed.

Basically, scale your pulls based on the confidence you have in yourself and your party. Do not take on more than you are prepared to handle, and do not take on more than you need to handle.

Best of luck folks :-)

User111
04-01-2014, 09:15 AM
This thread is worth a sticky!

utpal
04-01-2014, 09:52 AM
ur all elite strategy guides should be piled up
and made sticky or maybe one new section "elite maps guides" :)
good job. keep it up
Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Rare
04-01-2014, 11:44 AM
As always... very impressive.

But, very few are as pro as you bro :D

I'm going to try it though.

Classychic
04-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Awesome job, as always. I find the same strategy works for Elite Oltgar now that most people I run with suffer from lag due bad internet connection. Safe run > fast run. Hats off, Kali :)

Madnex
04-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Really nice work, putting all this together kali! Most impressive!

Fyrce
04-01-2014, 12:39 PM
Love this. Ultra conservative. Let's hope against hope that your average player learns something.

Though it'd be a 1st for a game if they do. Lol.

supersyan
04-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Nicely done. I wonder how mage gonna solo this map. Cause with conquistodor's gear rogue got 1360 armor as i can see from screenshot. which is almost same as lvl 36 upgraded mythic gear. With the conquistodor's mage gear getting only 930 armor. that's 430 armor difference.And rogue got some supershot skills which is an advantage.

Sorcerie
04-01-2014, 01:47 PM
I gotta say, this is some legit work you did here, most impressive indeed. I stand corrected!

So elite can be run with even the most basic of legendary gear available from crates, it just takes picking off the map piece by piece and taking an extra 10-15 minutes to solo.

Also, parties can be a lot more chaotic than this and it's hard to keep track of what's happening when you're in a small cluster @#$% and you're getting aggro out of no where (seemingly), but I will agree that small pulls and priority kills are the way to go in these maps.

All in all though, this is an amazing guide. You should follow up with the rest of the maps for a spotlight cause i would co-sign the hell out of that for the quality of your work here.

GoodSyntax
04-01-2014, 01:56 PM
I would consider using rings and amulets that increase your armor and sacrifice some damage, because as it is, a crate geared Sorc has better damage stats than a similarly equipped Rogue.

True, Sorcs have less armor, but roots, stuns and freezes all work on this map, and let's not forget that Sorcs have Arcane Shield, which Rogues do not. Honestly, it may be even easier to solo this with a Sorc than with a rogue. Once you separate mobs as described, drop a clock pew, pew, pew away with your gun. When the clock times out (see what I did there :drunk:), freeze or fireball them to give yourself enough time to recharge clock again. You may not be able to complete the map as quickly as a Rogue can, but I'm sure you will use fewer pots and feel less threatened.

Jexetta
04-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Well written as always!!

Another tactic I personally use when soloing for splitting mobs is using slag to panic a large group. Typically I try to limit myself to 3 mobs at a time so in a large group of 5,6,7 etc., only a few or even 50% of the pack will be get the panic to stick. The mobs that didn't have the slag stun stick will run after you immediately while the panicked mobs will swat at themselves. Draw them out to their reset points and as they run back the mobs just coming out of panic will be merrily making their way towards you and you get to smile ear to ear if it works.

Sorcerie
04-01-2014, 02:06 PM
I would consider using rings and amulets that increase your armor and sacrifice some damage, because as it is, a crate geared Sorc has better damage stats than a similarly equipped Rogue.

True, Sorcs have less armor, but roots, stuns and freezes all work on this map, and let's not forget that Sorcs have Arcane Shield, which Rogues do not. Honestly, it may be even easier to solo this with a Sorc than with a rogue. Once you separate mobs as described, drop a clock pew, pew, pew away with your gun. When the clock times out (see what I did there :drunk:), freeze or fireball them to give yourself enough time to recharge clock again. You may not be able to complete the map as quickly as a Rogue can, but I'm sure you will use fewer pots and feel less threatened.My only concern as a sorc though is the archers, they can take down a sorc near instantly if they're not frozen or stunned.

Fireball can stun long enough to get a frost bolt in there to keep them frozen, but frost bolt does't always freeze the entire mob and the moment they thaw you're in serious danger if your shield is in cooldown seeing as how rooting them doesn't keep them from firing arrows right through your pathetic armor and HP.

Probably takes a little more care and finesse as a sorc, imo - but it could be doable.

GoodSyntax
04-01-2014, 02:20 PM
I gotta say, this is some legit work you did here, most impressive indeed. I stand corrected!

So elite can be run with even the most basic of legendary gear available from crates, it just takes picking off the map piece by piece and taking an extra 10-15 minutes to solo.

Also, parties can be a lot more chaotic than this and it's hard to keep track of what's happening when you're in a small cluster @#$% and you're getting aggro out of no where (seemingly), but I will agree that small pulls and priority kills are the way to go in these maps.

All in all though, this is an amazing guide. You should follow up with the rest of the maps for a spotlight cause i would co-sign the hell out of that for the quality of your work here.

I'm glad you found this guide helpful. The only reason why I put it together was to show that the proper strategy can overcome gear deficiencies. I've been in this game since season 1 and it wasn't until the end of last season that I managed to acquire a few mythics. Up until then, I've always been just another broke, legendary equipped Rogue - but I have never felt that millions in gear was a prerequisite to run elites. Every guide in my Elite Chronicles series are designed for legendaries to be able to succeed in farming high value items. I just hope that others find the information useful and are able to someday give back to the community in the same way. This is a game afterall, and if all you do is struggle....well, where's the fun in that?

Sometimes, it's just easier to solo things than dealing with the craziness of a poorly coordinated party. At least when you are solo, the only thing that is aggroing a mob is you, so that much is under your control. Terrible parties have people spreading out everywhere and aggroing everything, and all that does is lead to deaths and party wipes.

This season is very much the opposite of Shuyal. In Shuyal, due to the OP gear we had at the time, the general tactic was to round up huge groups, put them into a tiny area and spam away. This season, with the lower quality gear, and significantly stronger mobs, that approach will no longer be successful. Groups must be handled with more precision this season, and you absolutely must keep the pulls manageable. I would say that 4 (5 max) mobs is the cutoff point on a pull this season for most parties. Sure, some may be able to handle more, but generally speaking, these guys hit so damn hard that tanks are dropping faster than I've ever seen. And, once your tank falls, chances are the rest of the group will follow suit.

Azemen
04-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Great! I'll add this to the index.
How do you sticky a thread?

GoodSyntax
04-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Great! I'll add this to the index.
How do you sticky a thread?

No idea - to be honest, I didn't even know it was stickied.

Chihiro
04-01-2014, 08:35 PM
just another epic solo guide by kali and is elite!! wtf are you kidding me.. i hope you make a video on youtube soon ^^v

Sceazikua
04-02-2014, 12:38 AM
just another epic solo guide by kali and is elite!! wtf are you kidding me.. i hope you make a video on youtube soon ^^v

Yea I hope he records one too :) He wont have to copy and paste so much then, but it wont be this informative.

Kellhus
04-02-2014, 12:58 AM
Lol fang master and tar super gem...obtainable for all. Funny person.
Nice guide though, well done.

EmarosaCore
04-02-2014, 02:40 AM
Pretty Good Guide Mate !! Keep It Up
Glad to Have some Great Will People In This Game :)

Sceazikua
04-02-2014, 03:42 AM

Kali, pls use the epic rings or emberglow, and bling bauble of potency epic and shut these kind of people down/up. And also post another screeny comparing to those rings/ammy's stats to let them know if they added 100 more damage or not. Funny person.

Hiosahaf
04-02-2014, 04:21 AM

Yes, obtainable for all who wish to solo elite Tindirin! If you wish to solo it in common daggers and other stuff, well, are you worthy enough for elites?

Please don't use put non-sensical comments on Kali's awesome thread. Too pro.

VenomsChaos
04-02-2014, 04:33 AM
Great job probably you wasted 2-3 hour or more for the posts and its helpfull... but i think main problem timing, every elite can be done with epic items to, everyone accept that... example i can get down every mob in elite nordr
---- hit, than escape. mobs will follow you than they will go back theys place.. when only 2-3 mob stay near you its time to fight...

but its super boring + takes long really long... idk if tindrin 1 hiter mobs changed or not... if not changed its still not a challenge also on a random party not everyone gonna kill every mob till boss, if a die coz bosses 1 hiting <<< person need to plat rew...

i hope sts did changed, or gonna change that 1 hit craapys... pro awarage geared a person should play without die <<< thats the main fun and challenge..

THX for your time for the tips...

Sceazikua
04-02-2014, 04:47 AM
Great job probably you wasted 2-3 hour or more for the posts and its helpfull... but i think main problem timing, every elite can be done with epic items to, everyone accept that... example i can get down every mob in elite nordr
---- hit, than escape. mobs will follow you than they will go back theys place.. when only 2-3 mob stay near you its time to fight...

but its super boring + takes long really long... idk if tindrin 1 hiter mobs changed or not... if not changed its still not a challenge also on a random party not everyone gonna kill every mob till boss, if a die coz bosses 1 hiting <<< person need to plat rew...

i hope sts did changed, or gonna change that 1 hit craapys... pro awarage geared a person should play without die <<< thats the main fun and challenge..

I believe I only die in red zones or being hit by too many mobs at a time, and Im mage 3k2 hp 1022 armor, so stop crying about 1 hit kill by boss or mobs pls. LOL you pulled a large group of mobs and died and cry that "mobs 1 hit me I need plat revive if not team abbandon me". And that "I need plat revive" is, basically, bs. This is not the first time I repeated this. In earlier talks by kali, he did give you guys a tip that if you lure all mobs to 1 point and die (in a party room, not solo) the mobs wont reset and the path is clear. Think out of the box pls. Lmao.

Hiosahaf
04-02-2014, 07:39 AM
Now now, let's not have this too far. Elites are more so about strategy than wham wham wham. Play phat pinball, ye whammers! ;)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Candylicks
04-02-2014, 08:43 AM
Thanks for this, really helpful !

GoodSyntax
04-02-2014, 10:05 AM

Night Ocean rings are very inexpensive and all you sacrifice is a couple of points in armor. If you cannot afford the super gemmed Night Ocean, then you are basically giving up about 3 DMG points and 18 HP, which is a very minor difference.

Same goes for the amulet - there are other options out there which contribute to your stats. I had the Tarlok amulet (and continue to use it), but it could just as easily have been done with something else. I already invested 51k in gear I didn't want/need just to do this write up, so I didn't want to waste any more gold for this purpose.

If you honestly believe that a couple of DMG points and a couple of armor points really invalidates the strategy I laid out here, then you are more than welcome to come up with your own - I never said that this was the only way to do it and that you needed to have Fangmaster and Tarlok gear to be successful. I could just as easily have done this with a Gold Hoop of Warfare and a Gold Chain of Potency - both epic gear, both super cheap, both very viable in these maps.

Now now, let's not have this too far. Elites are more so about strategy than wham wham wham. Play phat pinball, ye whammers! ;)

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Correct. I put this strategy guide together to illustrate the most conservative approach possible. In this guide, you never face more than 3 mobs, and I believe you only have to handle 3 mobs two or three times during the entire run; therefore, it is achievable to run this solo in essentially crate gear if you employ this ultra conservative strategy

Obviously, if you have better gear, or are running in a decent party, you would never use this conservative approach. The guide still has value in that you know what the pulls are, where mobs spawn and what the reset points are. That way, you can be more aggressive with you run, but still be able to reset mobs as needed when you are about to be overrun. Knowing the details and reset points on the map makes for a relatively easy run if the rest of your party is aware of them as well.

This is an education campaign to get people to become more familiar with these elites, because for the most part, all I have seen are people complaining about the maps, and no one actually trying to learn and share their findings.

Classychic
04-02-2014, 12:26 PM
I use this guide when I run a PUG with undergeared guildies. Works quite well, in fact I am embarrassed to say I (an almost-full myth rogue) was the only one who died in the process due to pressing elixirs instead of pots :( I really wish more people would take time to look for guides and techniques already on forums before they rant. It defeats the purpose of pros taking time to experiment and share their thoughts when one is too lazy to do a proper search for a solution to their woes.

Sceazikua
04-02-2014, 12:41 PM
I use this guide when I run a PUG with undergeared guildies. Works quite well, in fact I am embarrassed to say I (an almost-full myth rogue) was the only one who died in the process due to pressing elixirs instead of pots :( I really wish more people would take time to look for guides and techniques already on forums before they rant. It defeats the purpose of pros taking time to experiment and share their thoughts when one is too lazy to do a proper search for a solution to their woes.

Its nice you knew how to do it, unlike others who just ran into a big group of mobs with conquistador gear and died and cry :)

Classychic
04-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Its nice you knew how to do it, unlike others who just ran into a big group of mobs with conquistador gear and died and cry :)

Ofc. Knowledge is power ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elmanco
04-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Kali this thread is perfect. Ppl must get it now.
Good work!

notfaded1
04-02-2014, 02:28 PM
This strategy has always worked when soloing a map.

Unless you have a somewhat disciplined party this doesn't work very well... the entire process is different in a party. Even in a skilled party of guild members you know it can still somewhat randomly turn bad even more so on maps after the wilds. I'm very interested in party combinations and strategies???

As a solo Rogue you've always had the option to try peel one mob off at a time and then run if you pulled to many. It's slow but it works if you take your time on every map in the game. (w/ a couple debatable exceptions)

I'd like to see guides like this made considering party dynamics / combinations... and for other new maps besides the wilds.

Thank you Kalizzaa for taking the time to show the process.

Kellhus
04-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Night Ocean rings are very inexpensive and all you sacrifice is a couple of points in armor. If you cannot afford the super gemmed Night Ocean, then you are basically giving up about 3 DMG points and 18 HP, which is a very minor difference.

Same goes for the amulet - there are other options out there which contribute to your stats. I had the Tarlok amulet (and continue to use it), but it could just as easily have been done with something else. I already invested 51k in gear I didn't want/need just to do this write up, so I didn't want to waste any more gold for this purpose.

If you honestly believe that a couple of DMG points and a couple of armor points really invalidates the strategy I laid out here, then you are more than welcome to come up with your own - I never said that this was the only way to do it and that you needed to have Fangmaster and Tarlok gear to be successful. I could just as easily have done this with a Gold Hoop of Warfare and a Gold Chain of Potency - both epic gear, both super cheap, both very viable in these maps.

Correct. I put this strategy guide together to illustrate the most conservative approach possible. In this guide, you never face more than 3 mobs, and I believe you only have to handle 3 mobs two or three times during the entire run; therefore, it is achievable to run this solo in essentially crate gear if you employ this ultra conservative strategy

Obviously, if you have better gear, or are running in a decent party, you would never use this conservative approach. The guide still has value in that you know what the pulls are, where mobs spawn and what the reset points are. That way, you can be more aggressive with you run, but still be able to reset mobs as needed when you are about to be overrun. Knowing the details and reset points on the map makes for a relatively easy run if the rest of your party is aware of them as well.

This is an education campaign to get people to become more familiar with these elites, because for the most part, all I have seen are people complaining about the maps, and no one actually trying to learn and share their findings.

Ofc, I totally agree on that. I just think its funny your use of easily obtainable to people. Nothing to do in regards to a few points here and there.
And @ the shut us down comment made before... Lol. Get real. Obviously if ruining elite with epic item your going to have some issues. Stop being so agro and jumping at conclusions. As I just mentioned it has nothing to do with what was used but more to laugh I got on "easily obtainable" items. Get over it.

That being said, its a nice guide and am sure will come in handy to some people. Kudos on your patience and time to put it together.

GoodSyntax
04-02-2014, 03:58 PM
This strategy has always worked when soloing a map.

Unless you have a somewhat disciplined party this doesn't work very well... the entire process is different in a party. Even in a skilled party of guild members you know it can still somewhat randomly turn bad even more so on maps after the wilds. I'm very interested in party combinations and strategies???

As a solo Rogue you've always had the option to try peel one mob off at a time and then run if you pulled to many. It's slow but it works if you take your time on every map in the game. (w/ a couple debatable exceptions)

I'd like to see guides like this made considering party dynamics / combinations... and for other new maps besides the wilds.

Thank you Kalizzaa for taking the time to show the process.

Next guide on Tribal Abomination is up:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?146330-Elite-Chronicles-Rogues-Guide-To-Elite-Tindirin-Jagged-Trail

VenomsChaos
04-05-2014, 08:55 PM
I believe I only die in red zones or being hit by too many mobs at a time, and Im mage 3k2 hp 1022 armor, so stop crying about 1 hit kill by boss or mobs pls. LOL you pulled a large group of mobs and died and cry that "mobs 1 hit me I need plat revive if not team abbandon me". And that "I need plat revive" is, basically, bs. This is not the first time I repeated this. In earlier talks by kali, he did give you guys a tip that if you lure all mobs to 1 point and die (in a party room, not solo) the mobs wont reset and the path is clear. Think out of the box pls. Lmao.

a late reply but i cant sleep without reply you :)) i am sure you dont know what are you talking about... any mobs and bosses was 1 hit <<<< as i said on my first reply " i dont know if sts changed it "

Tendirin
04-05-2014, 10:05 PM
this needs an sticky lol i'll send it to remiem

BriannaRae
06-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Very nice

Amazonina
07-22-2014, 02:16 PM
Very impressive kali! I have try with top gear, now I want to see with low gear :)

Batwingz
07-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Unbelievable I didnt think I was possible. You really impressed me. I used to run straight to the mods and try to crit and run around them. It didn't work but I tried or guide and it worked I only died once and that was with the scorn dog things and I lagged a little bit. Thank you for this awesome guide. P.s u should make one for the dragon alargan I think that's how u spell it. The dragon that goes enraged. IGN: Tvvin

adhyss
08-20-2014, 10:09 AM
kaliiiiiiiiiza this some ss on Elite Forest Breach :livid:

:livid: sorry lazy to write

adhyss
08-20-2014, 10:15 AM
dang i post in wrong thread :stupid:

radagan
08-29-2014, 01:24 PM
Ty so cool,just made new rogue specially to try this :D

Rvtz
09-09-2014, 08:07 AM