PDA

View Full Version : 1.0 Content Update (45589)

Spacetime Games
04-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Changes

Revised how stats affect damage, hit, crit, and dodge
(Dex and Int now influence damage, health, and health regen)
Skill cooldown graphics modified to increase readability
New icons for blinding shot, thorn wall, blessing of might
Added helpful blurbs for new players to in-towne NPCs
Unverified accts playable for 24 hours
Unverified accts deleted after 7 days
Staged The Lost Expedition for upcoming release

Hooblaim
04-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Do I need to reset my stats for the health regan, etc. to work with dex? I do higher dmg though, nice update, very useful since I'm pure dex.

Reaper
04-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah, :D ... We knew something had changed :D
I don't think you will have to :)

Cinco
04-09-2010, 05:57 PM
You should not have to re-spec your character due to these recent statistics changes. ;)

Hooblaim
04-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Okay thanls, I'm scared you said "should not have to" like your uncertain. :O

Cinco
04-09-2010, 06:16 PM
LOL - okay... you will not have to re-spec your character :)

Hooblaim
04-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Phew, thanks for the info. =P

Reaper
04-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Haha, Nice one :P

Lan
04-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Is it possible to go into more detail how the stats effect dmg/hit/regen/etc? It would make character building more interesting.

Hooblaim
04-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Is it possible to go into more detail how the stats effect dmg/hit/regen/etc? It would make character building more interesting.

Yea, I'd like to know more about it too.

Klaus Ze Behr
04-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Can you please explain what you mean by "Staged The Lost Expedition?" Danke!

Cinco
04-09-2010, 11:15 PM

I plan on making a much more detailed post about this later but for the meantime here is a quick summary:

All three stats (Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence) contribute to your character's base damage (to varying degrees).

Strength affects how many hit points you have and how quickly you regenerate them when damaged. Strength also influences your character's base armor rating.

Dexterity affects your chance to hit and your critical hit chance. Dexterity also influences your character's chance to dodge incoming attacks.

Intelligence governs the size of your mana pool and your mana pool regeneration rate. Intelligence also plays a small role in your ability to hit and crit :)

Each stat is required by certain types of gear. Two handed swords and plate mail armor require Strength. Magic staves and cloth armor require Intelligence. Crossbows and leather require dexterity.

Cinco
04-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Can you please explain what you mean by "Staged The Lost Expedition?" Danke!

By this we mean that the building blocks of the content (environments, monsters, loot items, effects, etc.) have been moved from our secret internal development area to a 'staging' area for testing. We have to do a lot of testing to make sure that the content works with the game code that is on the live servers before we can open it to the public :)

We are hoping to make "The Lost Expedition" available to players next week.

Jetshrike
04-10-2010, 02:53 AM
Im pleased that other stats like int and dex now affect damage. I ythink it means my enchantress will be alot stronger now thanks!

se99jmk
04-10-2010, 07:03 AM
I plan on making a much more detailed post about this later but for the meantime here is a quick summary:

All three stats (Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence) contribute to your character's base damage (to varying degrees).

Strength affects how many hit points you have and how quickly you regenerate them when damaged. Strength also influences your character's base armor rating.

Dexterity affects your chance to hit and your critical hit chance. Dexterity also influences your character's chance to dodge incoming attacks.

Hi, can you just confirm.. Str affects Damage or Armor? You say armor, but in game it says base damage.. also does base damage include spells?

Intelligence governs the size of your mana pool and your mana pool regeneration rate. Intelligence also plays a small role in your ability to hit and crit :)

Each stat is required by certain types of gear. Two handed swords and plate mail armor require Strength. Magic staves and cloth armor require Intelligence. Crossbows and leather require dexterity.

Hello

Can you confirm if Str affects Damage (as seen in game) or Armor (as you say above).
Also does Str affect base damage of spells?

Thanks

Lan
04-10-2010, 08:44 AM

Thanks for the response. I noticed that stats only changed after pumping so many points into str/dex/int. Are the changes gradual (and the stat screen just rounds down), or is it in intervals (1 mana regen per 10 points in int)? That would important for the detailed post and after any patch updates to stats.

Also, could we get more details on class skills (cool down times, base damage, etc)? For instance, Thorn Root does not say how much damage per rank and no skills discuss cool down times.

atomicferret
04-12-2010, 03:16 AM
Was wondering myself if strength is what ups damage as an enchantress for the auto attack skill as well. I pictured it to be INT but I have over 100 INT and haven't really noticed much change in damage increase from all of it.