PDA

View Full Version : Too many skill points ?

random1102
12-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Seems like we have so much skill points to spare

Everyone seems to be running the similar builds
similar not as in totally same but their variants don't bring much differences to the build's strengths/ weaknesses

Probably gona get shot down for this.

but it would really be nice , if we had to actually CHOOSE our skills properly , to spec 1 way or another.

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 10:01 AM
The problem, IMO, is not too many skill points, but that some of the skills just aren't worth investing in. If every skill were truly worth putting points into, then we would have to choose.
I still have some unused points on my Mage since my respec weeks ago -- and I'm not missing anything by leaving them unused.

Torrentula81
12-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Not to many points but not enough skills to choose from. It seems 80% of the skills are essentially what the other classes have. Different animation and name though. And within the same class we are exactly all the same. Same thing with armor. We all look alike as the next guy. Were all wearing cosmos or iceberg, or whatever. Wish a better designed mmo come out for the droid cause this is becoming lame.

I'm waiting for next "real" update.
If nothing really improves I will host a giveaway.

Retributionzx
12-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Yeh I have alot of left over skill points I find them a waste because I don't need anything else. They should probably add more skills soon hopefully in 1.6 or later

N torre there has been a lot of give aways n they are some of the most popular forums. Try post one later if ur panning to post one soon because there's a few active atm

StompArtist
12-13-2010, 11:01 AM
Yeh I have alot of left over skill points I find them a waste because I don't need anything else. They should probably add more skills soon hopefully in 1.6 or later

N torre there has been a lot of give aways n they are some of the most popular forums. Try post one later if ur panning to post one soon because there's a few active atm

I said this before... It would be fun if there was more skills and you could not get them all with the points. Would make builds more varied and would force the players into thinking about what to get next instead of just maxing them out in order like I do...

omnipresence
12-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Simple fix, add level 6 skills (available when you reach level 50) that have bigger bonuses but cost 3 (or possibly more) skill points without adding more skill points into the pool.

Rusalio
12-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Sorry, I don't understand these comments. When I respec, for every point spent I can see changes.... So why someone would not allocate these is beyond me!!!! Someone care to give me a real example because so far I have not see ANY reasons to leave unspent points. Ive got 17 respecs and would like to see what the baboo you guys are talking about!!!

Seratonin
12-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Sorry, I don't understand these comments. When I respec, for every point spent I can see changes.... So why someone would not allocate these is beyond me!!!! Someone care to give me a real example because so far I have not see ANY reasons to leave unspent points. Ive got 17 respecs and would like to see what the baboo you guys are talking about!!!

Baboo lol....

Rusalio
12-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Lol, yeah I don't like loose lips profanity......it's just a feeble mind trying to express itself forcibly, so like using cheap and silly words!!!!

Cmon LES, you always have something....inquiring minds want to know!!!

KingFu
12-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Like Les said, if all the skills were worth investing in, we'd have more of a variety between builds. Its pretty much everyone has the same build now if they know what they're doing.

omnipresence
12-13-2010, 06:46 PM
Agreed. Too bad the the classes don't have specialty areas where you pick the path of your class.... mage/enchanter/cleric, archer/druid/bard or warrior/rogue/ranger etc, etc, etc.

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 06:54 PM
Russ, just some examples:

Revive -- adding more than 1 point is pointless ;)
Mana Shield -- adding more than 1 point is slightly better, almost pointless
Frost -- also not missing much with only 1 point

I can't think of my other chars right now bc I've been spending so much time on my Mage lately lol. I'll get back to you on my bird once I've gotten re-acquainted with him.

omnipresence
12-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Russ, just some examples:

Revive -- adding more than 1 point is pointless ;)
Mana Shield -- adding more than 1 point is slightly better, almost pointless
Frost -- also not missing much with only 1 point

I can't think of my other chars right now bc I've been spending so much time on my Mage lately lol. I'll get back to you on my bird once I've gotten re-acquainted with him.

This is why I think the skills should go to level 6 when you reach level 50 but have a high skill cost (like 3 or more). They could include big benefits like revive with full health/mana, or Mana Shield that bounces damage back, etc. Make all the level skills extremely useful but with a high skill cost and people will have to choose what to specialize in.

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 07:04 PM
Or they could just make the current skills more useful ;)

omnipresence
12-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Or they could just make the current skills more useful ;)

But if the skills were "more useful" than the mobs would have to have their difficulty increased and we'd probably have to go through another class balance. If you give level 6 skills when you reach level 50 that are more applicable to high level dungeons, then you're not changing any of the current game while giving high levels one more level of variance to keep their characters going.