PDA

View Full Version : Xanthia's Healing Build 2.0

Xanthia
05-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Thank you again for reading my Version 1 post, however I feel that the build I endorsed there, now needs updating and a few changes. So, for all of you healer's out there, I hope you look forward to this!

This build is exactly the build I use when me and my guild, Venom, endure the muggy, smelly, and hostile frontiers of the Ancient Swamps!

On the Hotbar:
(All Rank 5)

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100423195746/pocketlegends/images/e/e1/Skill_icon_light_bg.png Magic Shield (20) - Divert incoming damage to your mana pool! Cost 20. 12 sec. duration. + Armor per rank.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100423195240/pocketlegends/images/c/c8/Skill_weakness.png Weakness (16) - Reduce enemy damage and chance to hit! Cost 50. -5 Target damage per rank.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100423195242/pocketlegends/images/1/1c/Skill_nightmare.png Nightmare (18) - Reduce enemy hit chance (and armor)! Cost 50. Target hit chance -5 per rank.
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100423195234/pocketlegends/images/b/b3/Skill_heal.png Heal (2) - Restore health! Cost 30. +10 Heal per rank.

Other than those 4 spells, I only use 3 others in the Spell Book.
(BOM and BOV Rank 5, Resurrect Rank 4)

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100423195244/pocketlegends/images/f/fd/Skill_blessing_vitality.png Blessing of Vitality (22) - Increase party health regeneration. Cost 60. Reduce mana cost per rank.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100423195243/pocketlegends/images/2/2c/Skill_blessing_of_might.png Blessing of Might (24) - Increase your party's strength and damage! Cost 60. Reduced cost per rank.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100423195238/pocketlegends/images/5/5b/Skill_resurrect.png Resurrect (8 ) - Bring your friends back immediately! Cost 70 at Rank 1. Reduce Cost -10 per rank.

Strength: 1
Dexterity: 86
Intelligence: 115

This build is set up as a PvP based build, that should enable the Healer/Buffer of the group to keep all party members alive, as well as the enemies debuffed. I honestly do not believe that I have to explain much for this build. Make sure your buffs (BOM and BOV) are always up. (They last 2 min each.) Debuff mobs when you can. Heal as much as needed. If you are running this build, you will need to have a very high M/S (Mana per Second) regeneration and H/S (Health per Second) regeneration. If you have a Pink Gear from the Ancient Swamps you should be able to reach 10 H/S and 8 M/S. This will enable you to heal/buff/debuff without needing Mana Potions.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

**Disclaimer** This build is designed for a close group of skilled players, it is most effective when the Warrior plays a true role of tank, while DPS wait for his lead. This build does work in PUG's (Pick Up Groups) but it is designed for skilled gamers.

**Warning** Do not expect to produce any damage on this build, I can say I hardly ever use my Auto-Attack, it is a waste of time in percentage point comparison to what the Archers and Mage Enchantresses are doing.

Xanthia's Healing Build 2.0

Game Hard!!!

P.S. Feedback is encouraged!!

Aerospacegod
05-06-2010, 04:45 PM
If you freeze everyone it's like giving everyone 100% armor even if it's short lived. Just a thought...

Hurs
05-06-2010, 05:11 PM
If you freeze everyone it's like giving everyone 100% armor even if it's short lived. Just a thought...

Wait...what? O.o Warriors are still taking the hits, as are dagger archers and even AoE bombing Enchantresses ><; I would much rather have two Rank 5 debuffs on a group of mobs than one Ice Storm.

Azrael
05-06-2010, 05:48 PM
I like the first half of the build, second half not so much, but there is no point in starting a debate again.

As for the pvp concept, should be fine except the range on the debuffs is unfortunately short, and i hope this is changed. Still the debuff are worth investing in over buffs. As for resurrect, i don't know if it will function in pvp. If you are really interested in pvp though, not having 5 points in firestorm and 1 point in icestorm will be doing your party a disservice. The range of firestorm is phenomenal. Again it boils down to whether or not the slight damage increase from say BoM on your party can be matched by the damage output of firestorm. I doubt it can be.

Edit: that being said though, being only a healer could potentially a help a player that has trouble multitasking in pvp. A healer only character would have an easier time staying focused on not dying and staying out of range of damage while healing his party. Course the debuffs become an issue there, but not so much as trying to do damage. The fact that firestorm out reaches the debuffs makes is why firestorm will be so good for pvp. Allows the chantress to aid the party with damage from afar, and will produce more damage overall that BoM. The knockback on firestorm will also serve to keep the enchantress safe. Icestorm is just good cc, but not as important.

Obviously no mana pots makes mana conservation very important, justifying the use of 5 points on ranks of spells that lower mana cost. Firestorms defensive uses may outweigh BoV however, as heal is so powerful and relatively cheap.

Royce
05-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Has anyone checked if maxing Int with the new total attribute points (up to lvl 35) does anything worth doing (more M/s, etc.), or is 115 then Dex still the clear way to go (though I like 16 Str as well)?

Xanthia
05-06-2010, 06:16 PM
I have tried both, and I like this way more just because I have enough M/S to sustain me healing/buffing/debuffing.

Azrael
05-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Has anyone checked if maxing Int with the new total attribute points (up to lvl 35) does anything worth doing (more M/s, etc.), or is 115 then Dex still the clear way to go (though I like 16 Str as well)?

Basicly you get 1 ms for about every 50 points of int starting from you base stat, so for instance my mage gets 2 extra points with 112 points of int on. I stopped there before ancient swamps because i knew i wasn't going to reach 3 extra points. Now with the extra 5 levels you can probably get 3 points from your int, but i doubt you could reach four points from Int. I would say pump int till you get as much m/s as possible, and then go dex.

Hurs
05-06-2010, 07:52 PM
@Azrael: I am not going to get into super PvP strategies here... but Xanthia's build is quite excellent for what we are going to be doing. :P

Zeya
05-06-2010, 07:55 PM
5 points in resurrect is good for PvP because you need to get your guildies up and running. And since you'll be the first target (as healers usually are) the mana shield will help your survivability. I would recommend running with a wand/bracer for gear in PvP so that you have more armor too. I'm guessing that will be better than more m/s or int in PvP, but I'm not entirely sure since we haven't had much PvP info.

I have a question... for the debuffs (I've never used them), are they AoE and does it affect multiple enemies? Is there a radius of effect on it? Same question for the buffs. I've never been sure if my buffs affect my teammates from across the map or not.

TheBaconKing
05-06-2010, 08:18 PM
5 points in resurrect is good for PvP because you need to get your guildies up and running. And since you'll be the first target (as healers usually are) the mana shield will help your survivability. I would recommend running with a wand/bracer for gear in PvP so that you have more armor too. I'm guessing that will be better than more m/s or int in PvP, but I'm not entirely sure since we haven't had much PvP info.

I have a question... for the debuffs (I've never used them), are they AoE and does it affect multiple enemies? Is there a radius of effect on it? Same question for the buffs. I've never been sure if my buffs affect my teammates from across the map or not.

I wonder how many times we will be able to resurrect in one game. If it is unlimited, then I see a team with maybe two or more enchantresses overpowering everyone.

Zeya
05-06-2010, 08:40 PM
I wonder how many times we will be able to resurrect in one game. If it is unlimited, then I see a team with maybe two or more enchantresses overpowering everyone.

Well there's a recharge time to cast Resurrect, so that might throttle it. In other games, a team of all healers turns out to be a pretty easy team to beat. When you're made out of glass, all the healing in the world on you won't stop you from dying. I'm also wondering if there will be unlimited use of potions in PvP.

Xanthia
05-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Yes, you DEFINITELY want to be Wand/Offhand if your going to be healing, and BOM and BOV are Zone Wide Buffs, and both Weakness and Nightmare have a radius of effect to them. Yes, they affect multiple targets. There is no limit to the target number.

@ TheBaconKing - There is going to be a limit in TeamDeathmatch like your team can have X amount of deaths. So you can revive your teammates as much as you want, but your team is only allotted X amount of deaths.

NO POT's in PVP at all. :)

FriedSushi
05-06-2010, 08:48 PM
thats sounds cool

Royce
05-06-2010, 09:30 PM
I don't think the blessings are zone-wide. They have a large radius though, and it's pretty easy to see how far it goes. It's harder to tell how far the debuffs reach but it definitely seems less than the buffs.

Splurd
05-06-2010, 09:38 PM
I honestly do not see the point in leveling Blessing of Vitality Blessing of Might and Resurrect.
Slight factor in pvp where you may need the extra mana regen but I think the ability to freeze a person or knockback is far more important.

Royce
05-06-2010, 09:48 PM
I agree. Knockback is actually great for concentrating enemies so you can hit more at the same time with a debuff (or lightning, etc.) as well as getting out of a pinch. I'd be more tempted to just crank Int to maximize mana (and maybe regen). Dex is only good for dodging afaik if you're not attacking anyway. Think I might respec
to see how many M/s are possible with max Int.

Invictus
05-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks Xanthia for the useful information.

Zeya
05-07-2010, 12:03 PM
BOM and BOV are Zone Wide Buffs, and both Weakness and Nightmare have a radius of effect to them. Yes, they affect multiple targets. There is no limit to the target number.

Thanks for clearing that up. It was never clear to me.

And I have to voice my opinion in favor of BoV and BoM. They have a noticeable effect in my opinion. Even just soloing, BoM makes my weak enchantress much stronger. In a group, it's affecting everyone and that's a significant increase in damage. And if you have 3 or more skill points in them, they're super cheap to cast. BoV I also think of as a heal-over-time, which can save you from proc'ing Heal all the time and getting a dozen mobs dumped on you. And the increased m/s is a nice bonus too, although I really wonder if that's intentional.

Xanthia
05-07-2010, 12:31 PM
BOV gives +2 Health regen

Bodhi
05-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Since the swamp there's been much more of a need for a healing Mage and every buff / debuff does help well exept for the group that kicked me for not doing Damage.

Azrael
05-09-2010, 04:16 AM
Xanthia are you sure the buffs are zone wide? I thought they just had a very large radius on them. For instance if you are in the stash and a mage buffs over at the pot vendor, will it reach all the way? I know that the animation doesn't show on a player very far away which is why i ask, but maybe it still effects all players?

Violentsaint
05-09-2010, 05:00 AM
intresting build Xanthia, and wish you all the best when pvp comes out, i hope it works well for you. :)

as for my character im gonna see how my paladin plays out in pvp, not being able to use pots worries me tho...

also has pixxie updated his str build for lvl 35 players. cos i copied his lvl 30 build, and then i got all the way up to 35 and sorta made a lvl 35 spinoff of his build

i might post on his thread my build or make a new thread about it

Royce
05-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Blessings, as I suspected, are not zone-wide. I just tested and a player outside the expanding circle did not get buffed. Very large radius though.

Azrael
05-09-2010, 08:20 AM
intresting build Xanthia, and wish you all the best when pvp comes out, i hope it works well for you. :)

as for my character im gonna see how my paladin plays out in pvp, not being able to use pots worries me tho...

also has pixxie updated his str build for lvl 35 players. cos i copied his lvl 30 build, and then i got all the way up to 35 and sorta made a lvl 35 spinoff of his build

im sure you can improvise or think of your own way to take the paladin build another 5 levels.

Royce
05-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Can I ask how magic shield will be useful in PvP? Please understand I am not trying to tear down your setup. I'm sure you have put a lot of thought into this, and that's why I'm asking. Magic shield is barely useful to me in PvE, and with no pots in PvP, I really can't see how anyone could use it at all. Your mana is far more valuable than your health. You are going to be casting a lot of heal, which turns a little mana into a lot of health. As soon as you flip on the shield, you are burning mana that you can only reclaim slowly through regen. Anyway, I would really appreciate hearing the other side of this because I figure I must be missing something.

Violentsaint
05-09-2010, 08:26 AM
im sure you can improvise or think of your own way to take the paladin build another 5 levels.

i have and i posted my lvl 35 build on pixxies thread

i did not post my own thread as i do not want to take credit for the build as i copied the first 30 lvls off pixxie, but from lvl 30-35 ive gone with what i think is best.

feel free to check it out :)

Xanthia
05-09-2010, 12:06 PM

Can I ask how magic shield will be useful in PvP? Please understand I am not trying to tear down your setup. I'm sure you have put a lot of thought into this, and that's why I'm asking. Magic shield is barely useful to me in PvE, and with no pots in PvP, I really can't see how anyone could use it at all. Your mana is far more valuable than your health. You are going to be casting a lot of heal, which turns a little mana into a lot of health. As soon as you flip on the shield, you are burning mana that you can only reclaim slowly through regen. Anyway, I would really appreciate hearing the other side of this because I figure I must be missing something.

First, I want to say sorry for not responding quickly, my computer has been in the shop getting repairs and I have not been able to do anything online really. Kinda bumming me out. Anyway to the fun stuff. @ Azrael - BoV and BoM are not zone wide but the range is quite large, and honestly players should not be straying very far anyway. So, the communication and teamwork that the group will require in PVP will be at the utmost importance.

@Royce - Questioning my build is allowed and wanted :) I love to see differing opinions and it helps me to make the build that much better taking into effect the different approaches that players take. Magic Shield is extremely useful in the game so far. Most players are very unaware and unknowing of when to use it. This skill adds +12 to your Armor for 12 seconds and all damage is deflected to your Mana pool. So, basically you are immune to death for 12 seconds, because when you lose all your mana the spell doesn't stop, you basically just do not take damage any more. But, you might ask well why would I not want mana especially if I am a mage. Good Question! However, if you use Class Appropriate Gear (Intelligence Based, Robes) you should have a very high M/S Percentage, currently I am at +12 M/S. With a regen that high you will be able to heal within 3 seconds, which is faster then the regen of that skill. So you should be able to keep your group alive. If you are smart you will also be running around and not be stationary, because if you are using my build, you can be moving and cast all skills except Revive, so no reason to be stationary because its easier for an enemy to attack you, this goes for PVP and PVE.

I will provide a scenario for you, to effectively use Magic Shield. Level V in Ancient Swamps. I was in a group last night with Nyk and Azrael and DuCiel and we were fighting the boss witch or what ever her name is. Anyway, the tank pulled the boss, and she hit him for 1/3 his health, I healed as I ran toward the boss, healing the tank back to full health, then when I got into de-buff range of the boss, I casted Weakness and Nightmare, then immediately casted Magic Shield, because I knew I had enough M/S to heal and didn't need any more because my debuff job and buff job had already been completed. This is how I stay alive and keep my group alive when fighting the hardest boss in AS. I know that any of those players would agree that with the Mage buffs and debuffs, the mob was much easier to kill and stay alive, and I believe that they would vouch that this approach is very successful and will work time and time again.

If you have any further questions please, feel free to ask!

Azrael
05-09-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm with Xanthia on this one. Magic shield is great, and quite frankly what else are you gonna loose by not getting it?
Combining Magic shield with debuffs creates a great survival buffer.

@ Xanthia: However if what you say is true about magic shield making you invincible once you run out of mana, i have not had this experience, or it is new in the latest update. When i soloed bosses with my magic shield on and my mana ran out in MMMU, all the damage went back to my health bar. If i potted for more mana it returned to my magic bar for the duration of the 12 seconds. I'll check this again, but you may want to check it as well.
If magic shield does make you invincible for 12 seconds, it is a bug and requires fixing.

Violentsaint
05-09-2010, 04:48 PM
magic shield deffinetly doesnt make me invincible, again some enemies like the witch they can completely take out my mana shield with one hit. and they take out all my health with another, some of the bosses are just that hard, or maybe ancient swamps is that laggy i cant tell...

also i posted my build on pixxies thread (not sure if i should post my own thread)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?651-NEW-Build!-95-STR-Enchantress-Offtank-Battle-Mage-AoE-Heals-omg!/page8

Splurd
05-09-2010, 09:34 PM
With such a high m/s regen, why do you level revive and the buffs? Since all that does is decrease the mana cost, which should not affect you with your high m/s.

if you dont max these skills you get around 11 points more, which is enough to max two others skills.

Away
06-07-2010, 06:13 AM
Love the guide!
I'm using this for my support enchantress which is looking pretty good!

EDIT: May i ask why DEX is put in?
Shouldn't INT be maxed in order to obtain the highest M/S possible and largest mana pool so you are able to spam heal and buffs/debuffs?
I'm a little new to the concept of all this so correct me if i'm wrong.

bmc85uk
06-13-2010, 02:47 AM
Their reasoning is that dex boosts evade and hit% where int will only add so many points to mana becuase of the game mechanics, giving a base mana regen of 3 at around 111 and 4 at around 160, however from what I hear with the new alien oasis str gear giving a total of +20 mana regen, paladin chanters are looking like the ones to go for