PDA

View Full Version : Greetings; Have been lurking and playing for a few weeks

schenkerian
12-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi all,

As my title says. I'm enjoying the game quite a bit, having been a WoW-head at one point. I gave up WoW because it just took too much time away from other things. Pocket Legends, though obviously way less robust, scratches that MMO itch for me quite nicely, and in short 20-minute bites.

I have been playing a mage named Trystra. She's level 32 and has gotten through both the Ancient Swamps and Skeller Krunch campaigns. The game transforms so quickly, because I've read that Ancient Swamps was a fairly challenging set of dungeons, but it seems nerfed now? PUGs I've played in have pretty much steamrolled it.

So I'm interested in more of a challenge. I'd love to try Frozen Nightmares and check out some of the endgame content (though I understand that's been nerfed as well) and I'm looking for some other folks to play with, since this is a social game after all.

Nice to meet you,

Schenkerian

Cabero
12-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Ya I quit wow for pretty much the same reason. And this game kept me from going back I also was getting the MMO itch when I found this game. But this game can also be addictive. So be careful lol even though this one doesn't need the same amount of time investment.

Frozen Nightmares is very hard in your 30s but a lot of times 50s will join in just to farm quest items. If you want to keep them just to keep it challenging just host the game and boot them.

mrpredalien
12-15-2010, 09:44 AM
No reason for WOW if you have an Iphone or a touch. LOL you have PL to play.

Blaquehaaart
12-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Yeah...I really loved the team dynamic of wow, wish this was more like that, but currently this game is way too easy, and you can spam your way through. I wish tanks had a role, healing was necessary, and dps had to manage their damage out put. As it stands, going dps crazy is the best tactic for pretty much everything...which my this game kind of a mindless grind fest with no sense of satisfaction.