PDA

View Full Version : The RPG Project

LEVEL ONE
04-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Hey, just wanted to let you guys know that I am working on an open-world RPG game. I do not have a title for the game yet, so I simply call it "The RPG Project". Got any ideas for the name?

A cool feature (I think) is that you can switch from a 2D top-down view to a 3D first-person view any time.

http://i.imgur.com/0OYSiae.gif

Oh, and contrary to what you may think, there is actually a levelling system, so you will be able to play a higher level character than level 1.

For more info you can visit Gr33nChip.com (http://www.gr33nchip.com/) (FYI, the website launched today).

XghostzX
04-01-2014, 03:43 PM
That's really neat! I'd come up with a name, but I want more info on this. Is it for mobile devices? Also, is there a storyline to it?

Really neat stuff!

Schnitzel
04-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Title: LevelOne's Awesome RPG game

dudetus
04-01-2014, 05:55 PM
ArPeeGee

Justg
04-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Very cool!

Suentous PO
04-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Nice man! Is the forum yours? I went to create a acc but after I hit "register" it goes to a terms agreement that seems like a dead end at the moment.
Best of luck

Argyros
04-01-2014, 07:00 PM
That's great stuff bro!

Here is a great Lil guide I copied off some web page lel.

Step 1: Try and think of a name yourself. If that fails, go to step 2.
Step 2: Think of the theme/mood the game sets, and try and make a name from that. If that fails, go to step 3.
Step 3: Think of a similar game, and parody its name (but be careful not to infringe trademarks). If that fails, go to step 4
Step 4:*Try this site- http://videogamena.me . If that fails, go to step 5.
Step 5: Get a dictionary, and pick a random word on a random page. If that fails, go to step 6.
Step 6: Lock yourself in a dark room with no food or water or form of entertainment. Let yourself out when you think of a name. If that fails, you are dead, and don't need to think about it anymore. Go to step 1.

* BTW I dunno if dat site is gunna suite your needs or nuthin but this is wut I pulled up on first go-

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/02/eba4y7ur.jpg

LEVEL ONE
04-01-2014, 11:42 PM
That's really neat! I'd come up with a name, but I want more info on this. Is it for mobile devices? Also, is there a storyline to it?

Really neat stuff!

Thanks Ghost! Means a lot.

The plan is to release the game primarily on iOS and android and on desktop shortly after. But that's not gonna happen so soon...
What's an RPG without a storyline? Of course there's a storyline and I'm quarter way trough writing the dialogues.

Nice man! Is the forum yours? I went to create a acc but after I hit "register" it goes to a terms agreement that seems like a dead end at the moment.
Best of luck

Thank you! I used the forumotion service, but made my own theme (that goes with the game graphics). Yes, the forum is mine.

Too bad you couldn't register. Can you describe exactly what's the problem? Cheen registered there just fine and I made another account just to be sure. You couldn't pass the terms and agreement? What browser did you use? If you're on mobile try the mobile version.

I see that there is a problem though, the box outline next to "confirm password" is black and not visible on the black background, I will fix this later.

Suentous PO
04-02-2014, 12:19 AM
If I can't log in to it maņana, ill pm you some screenshots of what it looks like from my end or whatev, I'm running safari.
There is every possibility I uff'ed up somehow, I'm good at that.

Skeletonlord
04-02-2014, 03:46 AM
Nice bro!!

Signed up on your forums, digging it so far. Lookin forward to what's to come.

Shonex
04-02-2014, 04:18 AM
Nice stuff bro, good luck finishing it. I bet it would look cool and I would like to try it out once it's finished :)

programmed
04-02-2014, 06:51 AM
Awesome man. Hope it all works out. Good luck! I've made a few games myself but apparently in my state I can't sell or put them in an App Store until I'm 18 sadly.

LEVEL ONE
04-02-2014, 08:13 AM
If I can't log in to it maņana, ill pm you some screenshots of what it looks like from my end or whatev, I'm running safari.
There is every possibility I uff'ed up somehow, I'm good at that.

Just checked. It's definitely a problem at my end. Switch to the "classic" version by clicking the arrow in the upper right corner for the time being.

Thanks everyone for the support. Means a lot.

XghostzX
04-02-2014, 12:59 PM
The forum is really cool as well! Good luck with everything, looks like you've put a lot of hard work into this project.

LEVEL ONE
04-02-2014, 01:37 PM
The forum is really cool as well! Good luck with everything, looks like you've put a lot of hard work into this project.

Indeed. FYI, I disabled the mobile version for now, as it was just not "graphic" enough and had some issues.

Reunegade
04-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Hey, I'm Arcane on the forums!

programmed
04-02-2014, 03:45 PM
I tried to check it out but my antivirus blocks everything that has to do with it.

DocDoBig
04-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Holy Moly, didn't know you work on such cool stuff man.

Looks pretty good for a first look into a gif, keep doing!

Skeletonlord
04-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Awesome man. Hope it all works out. Good luck! I've made a few games myself but apparently in my state I can't sell or put them in an App Store until I'm 18 sadly.

Are they playable? Flash games or chrome games? Downloadable? I'd love to check them out!

programmed
04-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Are they playable? Flash games or chrome games? Downloadable? I'd love to check them out!

I just have them saved to a hard drive atm

LEVEL ONE
04-03-2014, 12:46 AM
I tried to check it out but my antivirus blocks everything that has to do with it.

When you load the site, the commodore 64 font gets downloaded automatically from google drive. Its save though.

programmed
04-03-2014, 07:11 AM
When you load the site, the commodore 64 font gets downloaded automatically from google drive. Its save though.
Ok I just wasn't sure. Last time that happened I actually did get a virus and someone ended up hacking into my computer, deleting half of my windows system files. Microsoft had to set up a temporary firewall on my router to stop it.

Extreme
04-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Wow looks good! I'm looking forward for it to be released in Ios and android :) Cheers!

Exol
04-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Thiss is very nice. :D

LEVEL ONE
06-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Just a quick update for those who asked how's the game coming along and had to deal with my generic one-word reply "finals". Here's some more info: http://www.gr33nchip.com/t12-june-12th-2014-finals#30

DocDoBig
06-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Good luck with your exams man, hope you get into that desired college!

programmed
06-12-2014, 03:47 PM
Good luck with exams, man!

DivineMoustache
06-14-2014, 11:16 AM
woaaa try posting this on reddit. not sure i've ever seen a 2d to 3d type game like this...they love this kind of stuff.

LEVEL ONE
06-14-2014, 04:25 PM
woaaa try posting this on reddit. not sure i've ever seen a 2d to 3d type game like this...they love this kind of stuff.

Thanks, that's a good idea...

But I think I'll wait till I have a demo running, you know. Don't want to "over-sell" now and later disappoint if it turns out that it's not what people expected.