PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Elite Difficulty in Arcane Legends

Remiem
04-02-2014, 12:42 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=66609&d=1394558977

Good Afternoon Legends!

I just wanted to take a moment and chat about the new elites and their difficulty level. After analyzing feedback and monitoring the elite maps in game, we've pushed a patch to Arcane Legends today that may help to balance things out a little bit for people who were having some trouble.

The elite maps/mobs/bosses themselves have not been changed, but we did make a few changes to the newest gear to help out a little bit:

- Boosted the armor stats of the new Elite Legendary Magma gear and Legendary Dragonscale armor sets. This will help to better manage the more difficult mobs in the Tindirin elites for players running in pinks.

- Damage has been increased for the Dragon's Breath Wand of Fatality, Dragonbone Daggers of Tactics, and the Dragonskin Slicer. We feel that the stats are now more in line with how good gear should be for the price.

In addition to the above, we've addressed some other player feedback by giving the Magmatic Claymore a damage boost and giving the Dragon's Breath Staff a more "dragon-ish" appearance. Enjoy!

Remember though, even with the new changes the Elites are meant to be very difficult. They take a much higher level of strategy and teamwork than normal maps. Gear up, find a good party and keep at it!

Instanthumor
04-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Difficulty of the elite maps aren't supposed to be the problem.. They're supposed to be difficult, right? IMO, they should be made slightly harder, something that'll even make the top geared players struggle to survive the whole run.

xcainnblecterx
04-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Difficulty of the elite maps aren't supposed to be the problem.. They're supposed to be difficult, right? IMO, they should be made slightly harder, something that'll even make the top geared players struggle to survive the whole run.

Then sts might as well get rid of legendary gear of they did this. If top gear players (all mythics/arcanes) had more struggle in elites, how would elite pink users even contend?

Rare
04-02-2014, 03:30 PM

The game isn't and should never be designed for players with maxed out gear. Designing a game that is extremely difficult for the top 1% is a sure fire way to lose the lower 80% or so.

Thrindal
04-02-2014, 03:48 PM
[CENTER]

Remember though, even with the new changes the Elites are meant to be very difficult. They take a much higher level of strategy and teamwork than normal maps. Gear up, find a good party and keep at it!

All, this is the most important part! It's your party, communication, and strategy. Gear only helps. Great gear without a good party gets you nowhere but an under geared party can accomplish a lot.

-Thrindal

GoodSyntax
04-02-2014, 03:56 PM
For what it's worth, my latest guide will help you get through the Jagged Trail.

Walkthrough available here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?146330-Elite-Chronicles-Rogues-Guide-To-Elite-Tindirin-Jagged-Trail

Kellhus
04-02-2014, 04:14 PM
Just a question, why weren't the magmatic blades boosted as well? Thks.

Zanpakuto
04-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Thanks STS for the buffs. For the most part, I find that the red zones have more breathing room in the previous update which was my only complaint. I guess I'll start saving up them teeth drops!

Silverpegasus
04-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Thanks Remiem :)
Before the update, two enemies on my mage means instant death, and i have over 3,300 health and mythics gear!

Classychic
04-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Just a question, why weren't the magmatic blades boosted as well? Thks.

Magmatic blades damage are on par with that of level 36 Razorbacks, albeit sacrificing hp and mana. Maybe that's why :)

Instanthumor
04-02-2014, 09:48 PM
The game isn't and should never be designed for players with maxed out gear. Designing a game that is extremely difficult for the top 1% is a sure fire way to lose the lower 80% or so.

Not what I'm trying to say (or imply), but thanks for stating the obvious! :)

Sceazikua
04-02-2014, 11:37 PM
I just checked the dragonbone staff and what surprises me is that a weapon bought for 125 dragkin teeth gives 40 less damage than a cheap gun found easily in crate ~.~ And the magmatic totems are not that good too, the proc may seem good but still it has less damage than the gun mentioned above (30 for potency, about 15 for brutality), it isnt like last season that the staff had as much damage as the gun with higher dps ...

Energizeric
04-03-2014, 12:26 AM

The "game" (the entire game) should not be designed for any one type. Different parts of the game should be designed for different types of players. And yes, there should be some very challenging places in the game for that top 1%, and there should be many places in the game for that "lower 80%".

In case you failed to notice, last season there was nowhere that was difficult for the top 1%, and as a result the top 1% breezed through all the elite maps and looted so many elite legendary items, that soon those legendary items became pretty worthless. So worthless that nobody, including the "lower 80%", wanted to bother farming those elite dungeons anymore, and tons of players quit due to boredom.

So I would argue that the game MUST have some extremely challenging places for that top 1% to be challenged, or else they will simply dominate the rest of the areas and ruin the entire game economy for everyone else. The bottom 80% will still have plenty of areas to go to. They do not have to be able to run every single dungeon to be able to enjoy the game.

Hiosahaf
04-03-2014, 12:52 AM
The "game" (the entire game) should not be designed for any one type. Different parts of the game should be designed for different types of players. And yes, there should be some very challenging places in the game for that top 1%, and there should be many places in the game for that "lower 80%".

In case you failed to notice, last season there was nowhere that was difficult for the top 1%, and as a result the top 1% breezed through all the elite maps and looted so many elite legendary items, that soon those legendary items became pretty worthless. So worthless that nobody, including the "lower 80%", wanted to bother farming those elite dungeons anymore, and tons of players quit due to boredom.

So I would argue that the game MUST have some extremely challenging places for that top 1% to be challenged, or else they will simply dominate the rest of the areas and ruin the entire game economy for everyone else. The bottom 80% will still have plenty of areas to go to. They do not have to be able to run every single dungeon to be able to enjoy the game.

This is quite true tbh and this is the way it should be. But then we see them 80% people ranting on the forums about how difficult stuff is blah blah blah. Result? The strategists lose their opportunities and the skill whammers wham their way through the elites. Phat pinball.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Energizeric
04-03-2014, 01:30 AM
This is quite true tbh and this is the way it should be. But then we see them 80% people ranting on the forums about how difficult stuff is blah blah blah. Result? The strategists lose their opportunities and the skill whammers wham their way through the elites. Phat pinball.

I hate to sound elitist, but the majority simply have no idea what they want. What they want is an illusion that cannot exist. They want easy dungeons with expensive loot that they can sell for millions. Having that combination is impossible. If STS were to listen to the majority for all decision they make, the game would soon be destroyed and the game economy would look like that of Zimbabwe.

I think much of the problem is that many of the players are kids and they have yet to live their lives in the real world. One day they will grow up and learn that some people drive Toyotas and Hondas, and other people drive Ferraris and Bentleys, and the fact that Ferraris and Bentleys exist is not detrimental to those who cannot afford the drive them. If anything, the fact that they exist can work as motivation of those who cannot afford them.

The same lessons of real life also work well in games like this. Our minds think alike whether we are living our lives or playing a video game.

Hiosahaf
04-03-2014, 01:34 AM
Haha I like the example. Translating their words for this example would be "Make Bentley cheaper! We want to be exclusive too!" :D

Edit- Yes, the AL community is not mature enough to see what's simply good for them. The best example is perhaps the mythic set. I don't really (even now) see why was it upgraded. People cried a lot due to em. And once they were upgraded, loot market crashed (barring few items). And now everyone has a mythic! That decision turned mythic gear into the new pics.

So yes, elites should be tough. Atleast the ones which drop the best loot. Rest can farm jarl/LMM/rooks nest/ SS

Iliketolol
04-03-2014, 01:50 AM

Cant agree more!!!

Rare
04-03-2014, 04:40 AM
Not what I'm trying to say (or imply), but thanks for stating the obvious! :)

Hey no prob. If I got it wrong, maybe you could explain what this meant.

IMO, they should be made slightly harder, something that'll even make the top geared players struggle to survive the whole run.

Rare
04-03-2014, 04:48 AM
I hate to sound elitist, but the majority simply have no idea what they want. What they want is an illusion that cannot exist. They want easy dungeons with expensive loot that they can sell for millions. Having that combination is impossible. If STS were to listen to the majority for all decision they make, the game would soon be destroyed and the game economy would look like that of Zimbabwe.

But whether or not the largest population knows what they want is inconsequential. That's not what's in question here. It's not what they "want", it's what they "need" to keep playing.

You're right, the game shouldn't be design for any particular. But it surely shouldn't be design to exclude people either (obviously talking about end game).

Let me also point out that I'm not saying it does. Just replying to a previous comment that it should be hard enough that top geared players really struggle.

Xeusx
04-03-2014, 04:50 AM
...wow...just wow..omg

Hiosahaf
04-03-2014, 04:53 AM
I challenge the devs to make a map which Goodsyntax/Kalizzaa cannot solo.. or has trouble doing a solo :p :banana:

Xeusx
04-03-2014, 05:00 AM
I challenge the devs to make a map which Goodsyntax/Kalizzaa cannot solo.. or has trouble doing a solo :p :banana:

Oh wow XD
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Sceazikua
04-03-2014, 05:33 AM

I think much of the problem is that many of the players are kids and they have yet to live their lives in the real world. One day they will grow up and learn that some people drive Toyotas and Hondas, and other people drive Ferraris and Bentleys, and the fact that Ferraris and Bentleys exist is not detrimental to those who cannot afford the drive them. If anything, the fact that they exist can work as motivation of those who cannot afford them.

The same lessons of real life also work well in games like this. Our minds think alike whether we are living our lives or playing a video game.

This is just true and well-said.

Serancha
04-03-2014, 05:46 AM
I ran elites last week with the exact same team first using mythics, then again with legendary gear. Guess what? We had no more deaths, and run times were identical. In fact, the mobs seemed to hit lighter and have lower hp in legendary gear. This was the same as the results found in 6 weeks of testing on various other maps.

Anarchist
04-03-2014, 06:03 AM
The maps aren't that difficult...

Haligali
04-03-2014, 07:34 AM
I just checked the dragonbone staff and what surprises me is that a weapon bought for 125 dragkin teeth gives 40 less damage than a cheap gun found easily in crate ~.~ And the magmatic totems are not that good too, the proc may seem good but still it has less damage than the gun mentioned above (30 for potency, about 15 for brutality), it isnt like last season that the staff had as much damage as the gun with higher dps ...

Yes, the sorcerer weapons also need some buff.

Magmatic blades damage are on par with that of level 36 Razorbacks, albeit sacrificing hp and mana. Maybe that's why :)

The magmatic blades of brutality without gems got more damage than the lvl36 mythic daggers.

Ebezaanec
04-03-2014, 07:48 AM

Elite Rockhorn Summit.

utpal
04-03-2014, 09:34 AM
now magma set of warrior gives high armour then lvl36 mythic set.
bt i was expecting increase in main stat too along with armour. as it is elite set it should hav around 46-48 str. not 44str as it hav same main stat then crate gear.
about draginscale. these r useless gears as it give very poor main stats to war.

dragonscale of brutality gives 16str and 46int. lol. what is the use of it?
imo dragonscale should hav 44-46 as main stat as it is second best pink gear.

so it should be like this:
tier 1: lvl36 mythic has 48 has main stat. bt 3 gemslot

tier 2: lvl41 magma set having 46-48 main stat

tier 3: lvl41 dragonscale set having 44-46main stat

tier 4: crate pinks that has 44main stat.

plz correct those stats of dragonscale sets :3

Hectororius
04-03-2014, 09:46 AM
Representatives of the Community should not be taking elitist views on anything. If players do not understand what they want, then ask them what they want and how to achieve it, don't tell them that they are not good enough to run a certain maps. Teach them what are the places to farm for their appropriate level and how to make the gold so that one day, they can actually afford to buy the expensive merchandise we all covet and hope to sell.

The most challenging maps will always drop the most expensive loot. But the challenge should not be how fast a player can hit the plat revive, or the need to hit a revenge revive if a team has chosen to skip over certain mobs.

GoodSyntax
04-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Oh wow XD
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

OMG, OP Bananas! That's it, I quit!

Hercules
04-03-2014, 10:26 AM
I for that no lvl up to 41 XD

Carapace
04-03-2014, 10:59 AM
now magma set of warrior gives high armour then lvl36 mythic set.
bt i was expecting increase in main stat too along with armour. as it is elite set it should hav around 46-48 str. not 44str as it hav same main stat then crate gear.
about draginscale. these r useless gears as it give very poor main stats to war.

dragonscale of brutality gives 16str and 46int. lol. what is the use of it?
imo dragonscale should hav 44-46 as main stat as it is second best pink gear.

so it should be like this:
tier 1: lvl36 mythic has 48 has main stat. bt 3 gemslot

tier 2: lvl41 magma set having 46-48 main stat

tier 3: lvl41 dragonscale set having 44-46main stat

tier 4: crate pinks that has 44main stat.

plz correct those stats of dragonscale sets :3

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?133446-Discussion-New-Itemization-System-Coming-in-the-Next-Expansion&highlight=itemization

Ultimately this is an intended design to change how we are handling itemization moving forward in Arcane Legends. While you are correct under the assumptions of the previous itemization structure, it does not in the new one.

Carapace
04-03-2014, 11:02 AM

Staves and Guns serve different purposes in Arcane Legends. Staves tend to be faster DPS, close quarter, and AOE even for basic attacks, compared to Guns which are designed to hit harder, but do single target damage at range.

You're not incorrect in your assessment, however the comparison between guns and staves is apples to oranges in that they serve different purposes. I wouldn't underestimate the heal proc of the Dragon's Breath Wand when it goes off on multiple mobs during a basic attack :). Different players have different play styles, we try our best to accommodate this.

utpal
04-03-2014, 11:21 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?133446-Discussion-New-Itemization-System-Coming-in-the-Next-Expansion&highlight=itemization

Ultimately this is an intended design to change how we are handling itemization moving forward in Arcane Legends. While you are correct under the assumptions of the previous itemization structure, it does not in the new one.

thanx for reminding. i actually forgot tht itemization part :3
plz forgive me

Hiosahaf
04-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Elite Rockhorn Summit.

Wait for it.. wait for it..

falmear
04-03-2014, 02:00 PM

Just use whatever has the highest damage. Generally speaking its more advantageous to use a gun. First off, you need to be in close range to use a staff. Closer then you would need to use a gun. Staying alive as a mage is entirely dependent on not being hit. So if you sit so far back where your staff is not hitting anything its giving zero damage despite the higher DPS. Also a staff will tend to attract more aggro because it hits multiple targets. Comparing magma staff and expedition rifle, they have the same STR. So there is no advantages to using the magma staff when considering health. Because you have the same survivability. If a staff gives higher damage then use a staff like mythic or arcane staff. Also its better to spend your teeth buying dragonite bar to sell. Then you can save to buy the next mythic.

extrapayah
04-03-2014, 02:42 PM
well isn't PvP should be the hardest challenge in this game?
i though the game formula was made like this: farming normal maps to get gears for doing elites, farming elites to get gears for doing pvp

i won't comment much on elite tindr difficulty since it is new ones, with great loot, a ferrari which not everyone can afford, but i can't resist to complaint about scaled up old elite maps... it is scaled up too much, especially elite nordr. before the expansion this map is still doable without too much stress, with random people, and with 2nd rate legendary pinks + epics (bought in total less than 10k) but now, with a complete pink from crate (stats are better than legendary farmed in normal maps), minus crates' amulets and rings, these old maps have become too stressful

come on, it's old maps... why the difficulties?

Classychic
04-03-2014, 03:43 PM
The current Nordr elites ARE a pain to do right now. I don't even see the point of havin them scaled since everyone buys the current top pinks rather than last season's, save for the entom hammer which rolled in at a couple of mill when they were first released this season. I helped guildies get their Elite Inan and Elite Grimnr AP this week, and looted both Architect and Noble Plate of SECURITY. My luck enabled me to get pinks, just not the best kinds. I can't even give them away :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keikali
04-03-2014, 03:46 PM
The current Nordr elites ARE a pain to do right now. I don't even see the point of havin them scaled since everyone buys the current top pinks rather than last season's, save for the entom hammer which rolled in at a couple of mill when they were first released this season. I helped guildies get their Elite Inan and Elite Grimnr AP this week, and looted both Architect and Noble Plate of SECURITY. My luck enabled me to get pinks, just not the best kinds. I can't even give them away :(

They're pretty easy if you have the right party setup. I ran with 2 rogues and myself. No tank. 3 Man parties scale better. Took us between 7-8 mins. Closer to 7.

Classychic
04-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Yeah I guess running with newbies and having forgotten most of the pulls makes it worse. But they still are a pain, compared to when I ran them last season haha. Oh and take into account pt members who need the AP but press respawn even if they die when boss is below 25% HP.

Kakashis
04-03-2014, 04:20 PM

Haha, our guildmate always has a way!

Carapace
04-03-2014, 05:17 PM
There will be a damage nerf for Elite Shuyal bosses, however Nordr was not "scaled" in the normal sense, so the potency of the bosses and mobs there needs more investigation.

GoodSyntax
04-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Haha, our guildmate always has a way!

It took a few plat for revives, but just saying...

Classychic
04-03-2014, 06:16 PM
There will be a damage nerf for Elite Shuyal bosses, however Nordr was not "scaled" in the normal sense, so the potency of the bosses and mobs there needs more investigation.

Thanks for this, as these maps (except for Oltgar) are mostly ran for APs and timed runs and not for loot anyway :) I personally think the mobs are a pain, and the bosses are too easy.

Classychic
04-03-2014, 06:16 PM
It took a few plat for revives, but just saying...

Holy mother of dragons! Will be waiting for your in-depth guide on this one! :)

Hiosahaf
04-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Elite Rockhorn Summit.

Sorry Ebe, Kali is just OP even for Rendtail!

GoodSyntax
04-03-2014, 09:10 PM
I will say that I think I may have found a "glitch" when facing Rendtail....I'll need to make a few more runs, but let me put it this way - I didn't take any damage from Rendtail at all.

Sceazikua
04-04-2014, 12:05 AM
I will say that I think I may have found a "glitch" when facing Rendtail....I'll need to make a few more runs, but let me put it this way - I didn't take any damage from Rendtail at all.

Wow really? Did you stay out of his attack range that he cant reach you?

GoodSyntax
04-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Wow really? Did you stay out of his attack range that he cant reach you?

Nope...I discovered a...glitch/feature/strategy/whatever you want to call it.

Did three more runs in party and I can certify that it wasn't a one-time thing.

Hiosahaf
04-04-2014, 02:55 AM
Nope...I discovered a...glitch/feature/strategy/whatever you want to call it.

Did three more runs in party and I can certify that it wasn't a one-time thing.

Don't tell it out loud! PM me, I'll return for the loot after exams :D

utpal
04-04-2014, 04:39 AM
wow kali.
and u looted a magma helm for war.

Haligali
04-04-2014, 06:17 AM

Crack the egg on solo elite? o.O

Hiosahaf
04-04-2014, 06:31 AM

Not a map technically. But I think Kali will take up this challenge just for fun.

GoodSyntax
04-04-2014, 08:41 AM

I tried several times. I can kill both mini bosses and get the egg down to around 40-50%, but I just don't think it's possible. Perhaps if I had combo elixir, and spammed Revenge when the mini bosses kill me, I may be able to pull it off. But, I'm not going to be burning up that much plat since I don't consider the egg AP something that could or should be soloed. Cracking the Egg is probably the only AP which requires the strategic cooperation of a party and I wish there were more challenges like that in this game.

In a full group with three DPS and a tank, this AP isn't even all that difficult.

Metztli
04-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Thank you for making tweaks to the game. I think the tweaks are very necessary for the enjoyment factor of the game.

I've been running the new elite maps almost daily since they opened, and I've been finding them extremely frustrating. Each map is incredibly potion intensive (as a rogue) and deaths are costly (either time-wise or platinum-wise) because the map distance is so long. The rewards are few and far between -- no dragkin teeth and no pink drops.

I've been noticing changes in my guild in terms of decreased participation. Players are frustrated and not having as much fun in the game anymore so they are not signing in. I feel that way myself -- a common mantra within our guild chat has been "Game Sucks".

I really liked the Shuyal expansion because I could complete an Elite map under 10 minutes. It felt like an accomplishment. I could get a party together and do a rotation of 5-6 maps in an hour and we had bonding time. Because those maps weren't as potion or platinum intensive, players didn't feel horrible if the elite runs came up dry.

I know that one player argued that if Elite runs were easy, then drops would be worth less. Actually I was quite happy with the Shuyal expansion and getting legendary drops that I was able to sell for 100-400k. Honestly I think people selling Magma gear for 800,000 - 3 million is absurd. It limits who can access that gear - so players in general aren't properly geared and can't enjoy the game. Right now it seems the only players who are really equipped to run Elite Tindirin are players with prior mythic items.

Waheedski
04-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Right now it seems the only players who are really equipped to run Elite Tindirin are players with prior mythic items.

Me thinks that too :)

Pandorix
04-06-2014, 11:33 AM

Richie talkin crap...use ur brain just a lil,plox.

Sent from Vox TV via...wait,what?

Aziiii
04-06-2014, 04:42 PM
Thank you for making tweaks to the game. I think the tweaks are very necessary for the enjoyment factor of the game.

I've been running the new elite maps almost daily since they opened, and I've been finding them extremely frustrating. Each map is incredibly potion intensive (as a rogue) and deaths are costly (either time-wise or platinum-wise) because the map distance is so long. The rewards are few and far between -- no dragkin teeth and no pink drops.

I've been noticing changes in my guild in terms of decreased participation. Players are frustrated and not having as much fun in the game anymore so they are not signing in. I feel that way myself -- a common mantra within our guild chat has been "Game Sucks".

I really liked the Shuyal expansion because I could complete an Elite map under 10 minutes. It felt like an accomplishment. I could get a party together and do a rotation of 5-6 maps in an hour and we had bonding time. Because those maps weren't as potion or platinum intensive, players didn't feel horrible if the elite runs came up dry.

I know that one player argued that if Elite runs were easy, then drops would be worth less. Actually I was quite happy with the Shuyal expansion and getting legendary drops that I was able to sell for 100-400k. Honestly I think people selling Magma gear for 800,000 - 3 million is absurd. It limits who can access that gear - so players in general aren't properly geared and can't enjoy the game. Right now it seems the only players who are really equipped to run Elite Tindirin are players with prior mythic items.

I agree in all that u say...

Farming isn't that fun anymore ....sry to say this, this is my opinion, it's hard to get ppl who want to do the new maps.It only makes them angry and frustrated, especialy when u get 1 hit about 10000 times, don't stay in the red zone but u still die. People will go back to malison farm and km3 ....if they haven't done that already.I'm not a mecher, always been a farmer so i ask pls change something. Even a full myth arcane party has difficulty in it.

Kellhus
04-06-2014, 05:44 PM

Couldnt agree more. Less n less ppl logging in or only to chat n check stuff out. Hard to get elite parties and all i hear now days is " this is awful, farm death and get a green", " broke bc buying pots n looting greens", " so bored, game sux now".

Kreasadriii
04-07-2014, 07:17 AM
Sounds like only people with full equip gear and super gem + mythic set or arcane who can run elite nordr or elite shuyal easily.
Even after the patching elite map, many people take a very long time elite there, just make the elite nordr and shuyal easier like it was so many people can do those elite maps.
When I tried elite The Wilds, I felt its easier than elite nordr and eliter shuyal maps, please fix it and consider that many people doesn't have good item.
Thanks ^^

Xpolosion
04-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Fix singe :D spread the word

GoodSyntax
04-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Sounds like only people with full equip gear and super gem + mythic set or arcane who can run elite nordr or elite shuyal easily.
Even after the patching elite map, many people take a very long time elite there, just make the elite nordr and shuyal easier like it was so many people can do those elite maps.
When I tried elite The Wilds, I felt its easier than elite nordr and eliter shuyal maps, please fix it and consider that many people doesn't have good item.
Thanks ^^

I tend to agree. I think Nordr, especially, is a little too difficult now. I was amazed to discover that I am getting one-hit by the spiders in Nordr, but I can tank through a stomp from Shamans in Tindirin. Nordr is probably more difficult than it should be for a map that is two seasons old. I have only run Frostir and Grimnr elites this season, but from what I have seen, I would put Hall of Valheim right up there with a Rendtail run in terms of difficulty, and that is kind of absurd.

Shuyal, while clearly more challenging than last season, is probably about right - if anything, leaning just a tad on the overpowered side, but all that really means is the mega pulls of last season have to be cut down just a tiny bit. The problem with Shuyal is that the gear that drops here (other than Archon rings) are completely useless and non-viable upgrades to whatever gear runners currently have. A lv40 Architect item is marginally better than its lv36 counterpart - and we all know what the value of lv36 Architect gear is. This means that even though Shuyal is a bit less challenging than Tindirin, no one wants to run there because, even if you did get lucky and loot a lv40 Architect, it will barely cover the cost of pots for an hour long farming run.

For Tindirin, I'm not sure if this is more a matter of my own experience after countless runs, but while it is obviously difficult, I think it is fair given the recent nerfs/buffs. Honestly, I was more in favor of keeping it insanely difficult, but with the current state of these maps, I am actually enjoying the fact that in a top-notch party, I can combine three pulls at a time, survive (most of the time) and achieve some impressively fast runs. Granted, the drop rate for me has been abysmal in the past week or two, but that's just my broken Lep and ineffective Reroll elixirs talking.

Probably the most interesting thing I've done in Tindirin is running The Wilds in a party of 4 Rogues. It feels like walking on a razors edge, because one wrong move, one pierce into the wrong spot leads to party wipes, but if done well, leads to super fast runs! My last 4 Rogue team blasted through the map, killed off the two mini-bosses, cracked the egg and was finished in just about 9 mins flat....looted veggies of course, but still.

VenomsChaos
04-10-2014, 03:34 PM
i hope a nerf for nordr and shuyal... old season maps super harder :/ also i dont know why bosses nerfed, boss seems easly, problem is mobs...

Xpolosion
04-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Just fix singe yo