PDA

View Full Version : Talons?

Awesomeox
12-13-2010, 08:37 PM
So I was wondering if anybody likes using talons and if they are an appropriate weapon for a pure dex bird??

I think they are pretty good because you can use a shield with them which gives that little extra boost to armor that can make a difference. Then again, you need to be much closer to engage the enemy.

I'm still on the fence about them and I want to know what you think!

Seratonin
12-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Good for farming most definitely. Not great at DPS though. But yes, I use Talon and shield when farming low level areas.

Kossi
12-13-2010, 08:53 PM
talon+wing=Pve
bow=PvP

Awesomeox
12-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks you two! That really clears things up!

talon+wing=Pve
bow=PvP

Kossi, to expand a little bit further, what about crossbows? I know daggers are absolute rubbish, but am unfamiliar with crossbow weapons.

Precious
12-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Sry but if some might disagree but i think Pure dex with Talon and Shield is also good in either pvp or pve:) try out with some strong talon user bird and you will know. Thou i'm a warbird and i did some experiment with my friend with blaster and Talon/shield.

Blaster have good atk but with (shield and talon)=(Higher Crit/Dodge and Def) your stats would be better than bonus given with (void set + blaster)=(High Atk / Lower def / Lower Dodge).

NEW SET I WOULD RECOMMEND CYBER SET + TALON/SHIELD FOR HIGHER DEF:)

Arterra
12-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Sry but if some might disagree but i think Pure dex with Talon and Shield is also good in either pvp or pve:) try out with some strong talon user bird and you will know.

Blaster have good atk but with shield and talon your stats would be better than bonus given with blaster.

nah... was on a warbird, and i didnt even feel the talons. left talon chars alone and smashed mages and bears lol

Precious
12-15-2010, 10:21 PM
nah... was on a warbird, and i didnt even feel the talons. left talon chars alone and smashed mages and bears lol

That's why i said you haven't seen any strong talon user:)

Arterra
12-15-2010, 10:23 PM
That's why i said you haven't seen any strong talon user:)

if you mean someone who properly uses debuffs... meh. so can warbird. and he has more armor.

Precious
12-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Agree but lower dodge / crit, wait till you see some strong talon user all the best:)

Arterra
12-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Agree but lower dodge / crit, wait till you see some strong talon user all the best:)

;D str is dodge

Precious
12-15-2010, 10:43 PM
go compare and see lol.. I know str add dodge

bladesword
12-16-2010, 05:50 AM
I saw the title "Talon" and the player "Precious"
thought was talon that precious?

Awesomeox
12-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Sry but if some might disagree but i think Pure dex with Talon and Shield is also good in either pvp or pve:) try out with some strong talon user bird and you will know. Thou i'm a warbird and i did some experiment with my friend with blaster and Talon/shield.

Blaster have good atk but with (shield and talon)=(Higher Crit/Dodge and Def) your stats would be better than bonus given with (void set + blaster)=(High Atk / Lower def / Lower Dodge)
NEW SET I WOULD RECOMMEND CYBER SET + TALON/SHIELD FOR HIGHER DEF:)

How much ish is each piece of the cyber set?

Jownz
12-17-2010, 11:21 AM
dude wht r u talking about daggers were ossm farmiung tools b4 stupid speed update btw they are kindacoming back now

lce
12-17-2010, 06:36 PM
I use a talon+Shield at lvl 15 in PvP the talon+shield is better DPS and only 2 damage difference also 6+ armour than the best lvl 15 bow