PDA

View Full Version : Bored. App recommendations?

RedRyder
12-13-2010, 10:05 PM
While I, and countless others, look for means to obliterate our boredom when PL won't cut it, what other cool apps will?

MMORPGS are out of the question since PL has it downpacked,

I recommend queens crown, it's a cool rpg in the style of legend of Zelda. Currently on sale for 2.99. If you can guess my middle initial I'll gift it to ya for free :)

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 10:11 PM
This should probably be in off-topic, where we're already discussing things like this ;)

Ellyidol
12-13-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm trying to download Infinity Blade. Though iTunes is stupid, I can't change country without spending all my credit, but I have AU$2.24. -.-

Inching
12-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Trade Nations.. its free and Smurfs also free...

then PM me and add me :)

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Omg I had Smurfs on my phone for less than an hr before I deleted it. Most boring game EVER... And talk about trying to nickel and dime you!
What do you see in that game? Other than it being smurfs...

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Lol Red, you're trying to win an Amazon gift card with this thread...

RedRyder
12-13-2010, 10:46 PM
I don't get it lol. And Yess my bad this shoulda gone in off topic sorry!!

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 10:48 PM
I just checked out the game you recommended -- says there's a contest for an amazon gift card for hose who recommend the game somewhere, including a forum.

RedRyder
12-13-2010, 10:58 PM
Oh **** I didn't notice I swear! I didnt enter any contest, but anyway it's a great game, all 5 stars.
Haven't seen that since angry birds

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 11:01 PM
Yeah I was surprised to see that too.

But I'm kinda over the whole gameboy look, since I've seen what the iphone's capable of.

XTheAntiheroX
12-14-2010, 01:17 AM
ANGRY BIRDS, but i bet you already have it, Robo Defense, Slice it. all simple but total time-wasting-boredom-slayers

RedRyder
12-14-2010, 09:17 AM
I'll try slice it, but I Have angry birds. It's more of a bored at work type of game lol

Ellyidol
12-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Infinity Blade isn't bad Red. Game kinda linear but pretty amazing with how cool the gameplay is. :D

Makes me proud using an iPad if they see Infinity Blade on it.

icantgetkills
12-14-2010, 09:36 AM
Same elly infinity blade ftw :)

Other games :: modern combat 2. :: black Pegasus
Dungeon hunter 2 < amazing new release IMO so so good

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Hero of Sparta 2 is cool too. Get to ride/control minotaurs, bulls, etc. The weapons are really cool. I got it on sale for 99 cents tho.

RedRyder
12-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Infinity blade to Me just looks really good to me but I hear it's really repetitive. Idk if 5.99 is good for it yet.
Is hero of Sparta two like the first one? I beat it like less then an hour lol :(

icantgetkills
12-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Red consider dungeon hunter 2 .. Take a look into it atleaSt

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 10:07 AM
I dont have the first HoS, so can't say. But as far as Gameloft games go, it's pretty slick. You collect orbs to level up your weapons, and certain weapons act as tools in the game as well (wings let you glide, claws let you swing like spiderman). It's done very well, IMO. I haven't finished yet bc I got distracted bt other games lol. But I go back here and there to complete a bit more. There's also an arena mode so you can collect extra orbs and level your weapons.
I like it.

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 10:09 AM
And Red, somehow IB is addictive, even though it is repetitive. The skill/combat system is so unique. And there's so many items that you need to buy, so that keeps you playing.

Retributionzx
12-14-2010, 10:11 AM
It looks good icantgetKills is it a large game or just a simple three day game? Im interested in a game to buy but I find it difficult ever since playing PL I guess I just want games like PL now.

LoonnooL
12-14-2010, 10:12 AM
I'll recommend "Queen's Crown", "Solomen's Keep" and also "Trainyard"

^^

StompArtist
12-14-2010, 10:13 AM
It looks good icantgetKills is it a large game or just a simple three day game? Im interested in a game to buy but I find it difficult ever since playing PL I guess I just want games like PL now.

Same here... seems like my list of "games I will play" has drastically reduced because of PL.

RedRyder
12-14-2010, 10:19 AM

^^

I have queens crown :D best game I've played in a while. I'm level 24 I think In it

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 10:21 AM

^^

I tried the free version of Solomon's Keep a while back bc it got such good reviews. I played for 5 minutes and deleted it. The controls were so awful, I just couldn't stand it. I dunno what all the rave is about.

And there are so many gameboyesque games out there that get good reviews. I dunno about you, but my iPhone is capable of a lot more than a gameboy is. I want games that take advantage of that, rather than just copying old games or look/feel like old games. Calligo Chaser is one of those -- has great reviews, but the controls are all clunky like the original gameboy. Why would I want to use a little crappy joystick to explore a menu when I have a touch screen?????

Retributionzx
12-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Ever since of PL I'm looking for a multiplayer game similar to this where it doesn't go so complicated. And another thing I really like about PL is it's players and I don't think it's going to be the same with other games.

And Lesrider couldn't agree with you more on the bottom part but some people still enjoy the old game boy layout.

juhnken773
12-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Queen crown is amazing. Going full mace.

Lvl 70. Beat the game.

Lesrider
12-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Just saw Antrim Escape 2 is coming out tomorrow. Get the first one if you haven't yet! Awesome room escape game!

Arterra
12-15-2010, 10:37 PM
i hear INFINITY BLADE has update sometime soon... prob multiplayer.

Lesrider
12-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Antrim Escape 2 came out! Just bought it, and it's great. They really take advantage of the iPhone's potention (shaking, tilting, multitouch, etc). Really challenging but fun.

RedRyder
12-28-2010, 12:13 AM
Antrim Escape 2 came out! Just bought it, and it's great. They really take advantage of the iPhone's potention (shaking, tilting, multitouch, etc). Really challenging but fun.

Ah I see a resemblence to path of the dragon, which I very much enjoyed till I got stuck in part 3 lol.
You always seem to come through with great apps les

Lesrider
12-28-2010, 01:29 AM
Ah I see a resemblence to path of the dragon, which I very much enjoyed till I got stuck in part 3 lol.
You always seem to come through with great apps les

Never heard of path of the dragon. Is it also a room escape game?

My problem with these games is that if I get stuck for too long, I read parts of a walkthrough and then it makes it too easy. I need to stop cheating, bc by doing so I got to the last chapter already tonight lol. I do love room escape games, tho, when they're done this well.

I actually got the first one for free a while back. Completed it, and then some stupid sync with my PC deleted my progress. Blech.

Anyway, the coolest part is how they Incorporate shaking/tilting, etc. Not enough games do that.

RedRyder
12-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Yea just like that. Path of the dragon is based on Dracula, you play ad a priest trying to find the answer to this mystery of deaths of villagers. It's divided Into three parts, with each more difficult than the last. Amazing game, beautiful 3D environment, but takes a long time to download and a lot of space (I suggest uploading through iTunes)

Lesrider
12-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Ohh the Dracula one. I think I downloaded one of the parts for free, but I didn't like it so deleted it.
Antrim Escape kinda spoiled me for any other escape games that aren't done as smoothly.

Maybe I'll give that one another shot, tho, if the first part is cheap enough.

I already beat Antrim Escape tho, last night, bc I just couldn't help reading walkthroughs when I got stuck lol. Darn it.

Lesrider
07-31-2011, 08:52 AM
Just downloaded Queen's Crown bc it was free. I was surprised to see in the reviews that the company bribed its players to give 5-star reviews. How does Apple allow that? I got it for free, but many people may make a purchse based off of the ratings. Buying ratings should be illegal... But anyway, remembered some people here recommended Queen's Crown, so giving it a shot.

Zaltiar
07-31-2011, 09:00 AM
Zenonia 3: its a RPG game, but offline, you can play online for pvp though.
RUA "Rainbow Unicorn Attack": for when you are reallly bored, see if you can beat my score of 50k :)
Sketchbook Mobile: I see you are quite the artist yourself. this is a great app for sketching illustrations!
Stardunk: Online "basket-ball" like game
Coins vs Zombies
Grave Defense: When you have a lot of time to kill, a tower defense game

Hankomachos
07-31-2011, 09:30 AM
This isn't an app but L.A noire is a fantastic game! :)