PDA

View Full Version : Price to Change Your Name - Too High

XTheAntiheroX
12-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Is it just me or is 50 platinum alot of dough to change your name? I can buy almost every map for that much, I think 10-20 is more reasonable. I want to change my name, but not for 50 lol.

Update

Ideas

1. Lower the amount of platinum needed to change your name but limit the number of times you're allowed to change it per 6 months, year, or lifetime of the account.

2. Lower the price of the first initial name change and then raise the price after every time you chage it.

Lesrider
12-13-2010, 10:31 PM
I think it's to discourage too many name changes. Since that's the only way people are identified in-game.

XTheAntiheroX
12-13-2010, 10:52 PM
I think it's to discourage too many name changes. Since that's the only way people are identified in-game.

Yeah thats what I figured, just a discouragement because it would be a pain with people changing their names. Maybe do, the first time you change your name its 15 p, then next it goes up higher and higher everytime you change it. Either that or go a low price and only let people change their names a limited number of times, maybe a set number per year or per life-time.

omnipresence
12-13-2010, 10:56 PM
I've wanted to change my characters name too but also think 50p is too much. If the purpose of the high price is to discourage name changes, mission accomplished.

Cabero
12-13-2010, 11:01 PM
While it is a steep price people don't do it to much. What I think is way to pricey is the respecs. I think you should be able to do that with ingame gold. That's something people tend to do a lot of. Myself included.:P

XTheAntiheroX
12-13-2010, 11:04 PM
While it is a steep price people don't do it to much. What I think is way to pricey is the respecs. I think you should be able to do that with ingame gold. That's something people tend to do a lot of. Myself included.:P

Yeah that is true! But supposedly there is going to be a way to earn platinum in-game, instead of buying it, so maybe that will help.

TwinkTastical
12-14-2010, 12:21 AM
Quit welfaring and buy the damn name.

juhnken773
12-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Well since twink left a rude comment, I'll just be a kind one and recommend not buying a name change. It is quite costly.

However, the respecs are reasonable. Give sts some slack. They need to dough.

Arterra
12-14-2010, 06:34 AM
the rename cost is brutal if you find out you spelled a characters name wrong in term of referring to some book or game or god-thing... i tried naming someone Barsoom, but had Barsoon instead. I agonized and made this exact same thread, but nada.

ended up deleting the character in disgust, i checked and now Barsoom is taken :( how sad...

Cabero
12-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Well since twink left a rude comment, I'll just be a kind one and recommend not buying a name change. It is quite costly.

Lmao! I have already spent $100 on this game and plan on buying more tonight!

XTheAntiheroX
12-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Quit welfaring and buy the damn name.

I've spent enough money already and im only a nub lvl 35 hahaha, and i know i'll be spending more, just maybe hoping they change the name thing up a little.

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 09:44 AM
One thing I do wish isthey would get rid of all the inscribe accounts and let those of use who wanted a diff name but couldn't, change to the other, newly available name for free (I hate that my bird has an extra L at the end of his name, but nothing I chose was available!)

StompArtist
12-14-2010, 09:52 AM
It would be fair to have one free name change, I think. My bear (first toon I made) has a letter mash for a name. I don't even know the name it's just random letters... because I did not know I would get into this game that much and just wanted to get going trying it. Now I am stuck with the name and there is no way I am spending all this plat on the name change (i'd rather buy hats).

But then again it's no big deal...

Retributionzx
12-14-2010, 10:04 AM
I dont believe they should have added the option to change your name. I have a ton of friends and it get confusing remember some of them (not the best memory) changing there names would get me frustrated I'll be asking who all my friends are non stop. If I were to change my name I would make a new character.

FluffNStuff
12-14-2010, 10:11 AM
I've spent enough money already and im only a nub lvl 35 hahaha, and i know i'll be spending more, just maybe hoping they change the name thing up a little.

Your only 35? Put your stuff in stash and nuke your account and start over.
Cost ... Free.

Or start a new character.
Cost ... 5 Plat.

Lesrider
12-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Well, I recommended this in the past, and the devs seem to like the idea, but haven't heard if them implementing anything like it. My idea was:
Link up Each person's characters to each other in the friends list, so people know they're talking to the same person. Perhaps we could all have a master IGN, like our email address or something, with the characters showing next to/below that.
As it is, the friends list is just one big mess. It definitely needs a lot of work.

Retributionzx
12-14-2010, 10:40 AM
I have played games where once they allow players to change there names I lose track of my friend and then I never talk to them. I'm big on my friendship with my friends and I hate when I lose tract of them mainly because of quiting and when they don't tell me gets me annoyed because it means I can't do anything about.

TwinkTastical
12-14-2010, 11:06 AM

Rude...? Explain. I call it how it is,sometimes people dont like how it is.

Arterra
12-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Offtopic attempt by TT AVERTED anyway if we fix friend list mess to have master account names, we can get the lice down on fraud IMO.
At least incremental prices!