PDA

View Full Version : Happy 4th PL Birthday, Folks!

Reunegade
04-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Happy 4th PL Birthday!

Impact
04-03-2014, 06:46 PM
Lol hooray....
We dont get anything...

Impact
04-03-2014, 06:51 PM
U know what would be a nice bday present?
Hmmm idk?
Some PVP BALANCES
Aka nerf bear( no 60 dmg buff and -90 dmg debuffs at the same time, while no 5 sec root... 3 sec like birds), sets, unnerf dmg nerf, maybe unnerf buffs, tweak rhino as fox( mostly rhino) for pve, anddddddddd everything in pvp is balanced :)

XghostzX
04-03-2014, 07:08 PM
Lol hooray....
We dont get anything...

Well TBH the birthday person isn't supposed to give, but to receive from others :)

Perhaps it's a sign that we, as a community, need to come together :P

Impact
04-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Well TBH the birthday person isn't supposed to give, but to receive from others :)

Perhaps it's a sign that we, as a community, need to come together :P

For what? To explain to sts how unbalanced and skilless pvp is? :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Schnitzel
04-03-2014, 07:28 PM
dat feeling when you go check plat store for a new party hat..and there isn't any :(

anyways
HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY/RELEASEDAY PL!

Stevenmc
04-03-2014, 08:10 PM
@swag
@ghost
@ any founders who read this,
We should take a fourth birthday pl pic, we've been there for all of them. And sadly, this will probably be the last the way things are going.

XghostzX
04-03-2014, 08:50 PM
@swag
@ghost
We should take a fourth birthday pl pic, we've been there for all of them. And sadly, this will probably be the last the way things are going.

I'll take a pic ily steve

Schnitzel
04-03-2014, 09:07 PM
@swag
@ghost

what day?

MightyMicah
04-03-2014, 09:21 PM
@swag
@ghost

Lol don't be such a pessimist, mate. Pocket Legends is no where near dead and I'm certain the devs will give it some loving every now and again.

angeldawn
04-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Wow guys! Can't you just say congrats on 4 years on an amazing cross platform MMO? One of the first of its kind? And thanks so much for all the wonderful memories and friends you have given us? And thanks for keeping the game alive so we can still log on every day?

Stop being asses! Congratulate them and thank them!

With that said,

I love you guys for everything you have done, are doing and will continue to do for us!!

You opened my eyes to gaming and introduced a whole new world to me!! Your game was there for me when I needed it. It helped through some very difficult times.

I can't thank you enough!! PL and it's team will always be in my heart!!!

I love you all!!
(Especially G ;p)

FortalWao
04-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Wow guys! Can't you just say congrats on 4 years on an amazing cross platform MMO? One of the first of its kind? And thanks so much for all the wonderful memories and friends you have given us? And thanks for keeping the game alive so we can still log on every day?

Stop being asses! Congratulate them and thank them!

With that said,

I love you guys for everything you have done, are doing and will continue to do for us!!

You opened my eyes to gaming and introduced a whole new world to me!! Your game was there for me when I needed it. It helped through some very difficult times.

I can't thank you enough!! PL and it's team will always be in my heart!!!

I love you all!!
(Especially G ;p)
Lel wat

MightyMicah
04-04-2014, 10:48 AM
Lel wat

Angeldawn has been here a long while. (I think longer than me.) So like myself, she's seen Pocket Legends in it's glory days, and she's seen it in it's state today. I'm sure in part she's referring to lots of memories from the past and thanking them for those memories. Also, if she's like myself, she sees that most of the good that comes from Pocket Legends doesn't relate to any updates from the developers. Finally, I believe she is able to see the significance of such a game when you compare it to other mmo's and even other games in general.

Personally, a game like this has given me just as many good memories as games like Ocarina of a Time and Super Mario Sunshine did back in the day. That is pretty dang significant when you consider that Pocket Legends is nothing more than a small, mobile mmo.

In other words, Angeldawn made a serious point. I suggest you consider very thoughtfully what it is that she's saying.

programmed
04-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Angeldawn has been here a long while. (I think longer than me.) So like myself, he's seen Pocket Legends in it's glory days, and he's seen it in it's state today. I'm sure in part he's referring to lots of memories from the past and thanking them for those memories. Also, if he's like myself, he sees that most of the good that comes from Pocket Legends doesn't relate to any updates from the developers. Finally, I believe he is able to see the significance of such a game when you compare it to other mmo's and even other games in general.

Personally, a game like this has given me just as many good memories as games like Ocarina of a Time and Super Mario Sunshine did back in the day. That is pretty dang significant when you consider that Pocket Legends is nothing more than a small, mobile mmo.

In other words, Angeldawn made a serious point. I suggest you consider very thoughtfully what it is that he's saying.

Pretty sure angel is a she not a he. Js

Argyros
04-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Angeldawn has been here a long while. (I think longer than me.) So like myself, she's seen Pocket Legends in it's glory days, and she's seen it in it's state today. I'm sure in part she's referring to lots of memories from the past and thanking them for those memories. Also, if she's like myself, she sees that most of the good that comes from Pocket Legends doesn't relate to any updates from the developers. Finally, I believe she is able to see the significance of such a game when you compare it to other mmo's and even other games in general.

In other words, Angeldawn made a serious point. I suggest you consider very thoughtfully what it is that she's saying.

Lolol fixed.

dijnes
04-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Wait its today? I thought it was the 10th ?

MightyMicah
04-04-2014, 11:36 AM

I thought so, but I figured it would be more awkward calling a he a she, than a she a he. XD

zorathorg
04-04-2014, 12:05 PM
its the 10th

DocDoBig
04-04-2014, 12:52 PM
PL, Thanks for having you

85818443 Seconds
Or
1430307 Minutes and 23 Seconds
Or
23838 Hours, 27 Minutes und 23 Seconds
Or
993 Days, 6 Hours, 27 Minutes and 23 Seconds
Or
141 Weeks, 6 Days, 6 Hours, 27 Minutes and 23 Seconds
Or
32 Months, 19 Days, 6 Hours, 27 Minutes and 23 Seconds
Or
2 Years, 262 Days, 6 Hours, 27 Minutes and 23 Seconds

Installed on my phone.

programmed
04-04-2014, 01:20 PM
PL, Thanks for having you

85818443 Seconds
Or
1430307 Minutes and 23 Seconds
Or
23838 Hours, 27 Minutes und 23 Seconds
Or
993 Days, 6 Hours, 27 Minutes and 23 Seconds
Or
141 Weeks, 6 Days, 6 Hours, 27 Minutes and 23 Seconds
Or
32 Months, 19 Days, 6 Hours, 27 Minutes and 23 Seconds
Or
2 Years, 262 Days, 6 Hours, 27 Minutes and 23 Seconds

Installed on my phone.

Wow smartypants

angeldawn
04-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Yes Micah I'm a she ;p

And your points are dead on.

PL was the first MMO I ever played. Even though it is a small mobile mmo it has brought me so much fun and introduced me to other mmos.

Ppl need to look at the positives if they want to keep playing or they will make themselves completely miserable.

STS is an amazing company who interacts with its community. They have been open with us for a long time about their plans for PL. It's time ppl accept it or leave.

I choose to accept it and thank them for everything they have done.

Burstnuke
04-04-2014, 02:56 PM
You know sts doesnt care about pl anymore when they dont give a update on the games birthday.

Samhayne
04-04-2014, 03:27 PM
We do care! Birthday stuffs coming later in April. The specific birthday is a moving target, depending on which date you want to point to.

Reunegade
04-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Yay!

Shonex
04-04-2014, 03:39 PM
We do care! Birthday stuffs coming later in April. The specific birthday is a moving target, depending on which date you want to point to.

Thanks, at least someone cares. We appreciate the effort.

XghostzX
04-04-2014, 04:11 PM
You know sts doesnt care about pl anymore when they dont give a update on the games birthday.

That's like saying you buy your friends presents when it's your birthday... think about it.

Ssneakykills
04-04-2014, 05:44 PM

Swag

kwahiwik
04-04-2014, 06:08 PM
Yay new content

Mister Smith
04-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Yayz :p

Extreme
04-04-2014, 07:13 PM
I'm so sad.

Argyros
04-04-2014, 08:11 PM

Wao broh that was a good ninja.

MightyMicah
04-04-2014, 08:52 PM

Clearly they don't care...

Even though Sam and several of the other devs and mods are constantly reminding us that they do as well as putting forth effort to give us new stuff despite being completely swamped with the work on AL.

Hey, maybe they do care!

Argyros
04-04-2014, 08:56 PM
Clearly they don't care...

Even though Sam and several of the other devs and mods are constantly reminding us that they do as well as putting forth effort to give us new stuff despite being completely swamped with the work on AL.

Hey, maybe they do care!

They just quit on DL. They have practically quit on SL. They don't want to outright quit on us because we were their first released game.

They ain't eva gunna quit on AL.

So maybe they care.

For AL.

Schnitzel
04-04-2014, 09:43 PM
They just quit on DL. They have practically quit on SL. They don't want to outright quit on us because we were their first released game.
So maybe they care.
For AL.

*sigh* I'm guessing PL is nearing the end...
Maybe its time to move on..

Impact
04-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Luv u Sammy, bes dev who cares bout us :)

Impact
04-04-2014, 10:26 PM
So maybe they care.
For AL.

*sigh* I'm guessing PL is nearing the end...
Maybe its time to move on..
Ikr....
Play 0&C now, although i luv the pl community by far...

Sheugokin
04-04-2014, 10:58 PM
pl, thanks for having you

85818443 seconds
or
1430307 minutes and 23 seconds
or
23838 hours, 27 minutes und 23 seconds
or
993 days, 6 hours, 27 minutes and 23 seconds
or
141 weeks, 6 days, 6 hours, 27 minutes and 23 seconds
or
32 months, 19 days, 6 hours, 27 minutes and 23 seconds
or
2 years, 262 days, 6 hours, 27 minutes and 23 seconds

installed on my phone.

mee too nab!

MightyMicah
04-05-2014, 09:42 AM

So maybe they care.

For AL.

They didn't quit on DL. We at DL just got our first Christmas event last December, we got a valentines update with exclusive vanities and a level to run, and we even got the St. Patrick's day Hats. Are they going all out on DL? No. They can't afford to with their time or their money. They are a small company that is trying to grow and their best route for growth is AL.

As for SL, I don't know what state they're in, but I remember hearing awhile back that Cinco Loco made an entire cap raise in his free time. Yeah, the devs don't care at all...

As for Pocket Legends, it is doing just fine. Sam even mentioned recently that once they finished their AL cap they'd have more time to devote to balance in Pocket Legends. The only thing that we haven't gotten is a cap update and even Guild Wars 2 hasn't had a single cap update. In fact, most mmo's take forever to get cap updates. Considering STG is a small company making a mobile game, I'd say not getting a cap update isn't an issue. Especially when you consider that they have more important things to work on like pvp balance (which they are working on.)

Impact
04-05-2014, 09:51 AM

So maybe they care.

For AL.

They didn't quit on DL. We at DL just got our first Christmas event last December, we got a valentines update with exclusive vanities and a level to run, and we even got the St. Patrick's day Hats. Are they going all out on DL? No. They can't afford to with their time or their money. They are a small company that is trying to grow and their best route for growth is AL.

As for SL, I don't know what state they're in, but I remember hearing awhile back that Cinco Loco made an entire cap raise in his free time. Yeah, the devs don't care at all...

As for Pocket Legends, it is doing just fine. Sam even mentioned recently that once they finished their AL cap they'd have more time to devote to balance in Pocket Legends. The only thing that we haven't gotten is a cap update and even Guild Wars 2 hasn't had a single cap update. In fact, most mmo's take forever to get cap updates. Considering STG is a small company making a mobile game, I'd say not getting a cap update isn't an issue. Especially when you consider that they have more important things to work on like pvp balance (which they are working on.)
I agree with you, they have reasons but they cant just abandon and ignore some of their older games

Darkterror
04-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Why does everyone ask for pvp balance. Didnt thouse eggs fix everyones pvp balance issues?? Everytime they balance pvp its just gets worst...its more unfair than before. I dont see whats so good about pvp balance. The only thing i see is more OP and less real balance.

Jig
04-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Whoah the amount of ignorance in this thread right now, always thinking about yourself and wanting this and that, lemme ask you this, Do you want sts to survive? Then let them do their thang :3

Obviously there are REASONS why they're not updating PL DL & SL, not because they don't care.. Because yes they're hard working with (Hate to say it) AL, like MightyMicah said they're are a very very small company, like seriously, yes they're a very skilled bunch but it still comes down to numbers of workers if they really wanted to expand bigger to be able to hold their apps strong. If only once they grow, gain more workers, which yes they can do maybe sometime in the future but they obviously cant expand yet can they, the time has to be right & right now it isn't.

Listen to MightMicah, & also Angel, they're spot on with everything they have said in here, stop being so selfish, this IS the first ever great MMO, to last 4 years of its time, while StS moving on with al growing fast, it's amazing, never known an app to last such a long period of time!

Happy 4th birthday PL! And I bet StS is at work working hard as usual! My best wishes go to your future & I hope AL gives you a bright future :)

Jig
04-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Why does everyone ask for pvp balance. Didnt thouse eggs fix everyones pvp balance issues?? Everytime they balance pvp its just gets worst...its more unfair than before. I dont see whats so good about pvp balance. The only thing i see is more OP and less real balance.

Pvp balance= Nerf savage plz as kanital would say, thats really all..

Burstnuke
04-05-2014, 10:11 AM

Thanks, sorry for saying you dont care about pl, i was just thinking it would be on the birthday.

MightyMicah
04-05-2014, 10:33 AM

Yeah those fbows made everything so fair, yo! I'm so upset that they nerfed them. (Sarcasm)

Darkterror
04-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Lol i cant write anything without being attacked. And tell me please what happens after savage is nerfed. Huh swift gets op and then more complains. My definition of fair is make a pvp map that doesnt allow bonuses like founder - rings- eggs. And only allow to have a full gear. Now if everyone could fight without any kind of bonus then ONLY and ONLY then you guys can call it balanced. Nerfing savage will only OP dex gear. They alternate once a while..we are at Str now.....before mages were op (int). Then birds (dex) Now bears (str). This will change. But they cant please everyone at the same time. Thats why they alternate what is OP and what is not.
Thats why is pointless to ask for more pvp balance it will never be balanced, plus elite rings and eggs.....they need to be destroyed before you can even call this game balanced. Thats why i encorage people to ask for a lvl cap....and not ask for a million separate things. if people just attack and offend each other we will never get to a shared point of view. People without elite rings deserve a chance to compete against all players at a fair level. Fox and rhino ussers should be able to get an elite ring. Now i dont see how im I being selfish here.

Suentous PO
04-05-2014, 11:41 AM
The egg AGAIN?! Lol
Just lol.

Darkterror
04-05-2014, 12:04 PM
Hey. Suentous . Just talking about end game . Elite rings founder helms and eggs included in the topic man. Seems you defending that egg badly by replying to my writings so often. We need a cap. If you wanna keep that egg u might wanna stay at 76 lvl for ever. But other people wanna move on from 76 already. So please if you have an opinion i will be pleased to hear it as long is constructive.

MightyMicah
04-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Lol i cant write anything without being attacked. And tell me please what happens after savage is nerfed. Huh swift gets op and then more complains. My definition of fair is make a pvp map that doesnt allow bonuses like founder - rings- eggs. And only allow to have a full gear. Now if everyone could fight without any kind of bonus then ONLY and ONLY then you guys can call it balanced. Nerfing savage will only OP dex gear. They alternate once a while..we are at Str now.....before mages were op (int). Then birds (dex) Now bears (str). This will change. But they cant please everyone at the same time. Thats why they alternate what is OP and what is not.
Thats why is pointless to ask for more pvp balance it will never be balanced, plus elite rings and eggs.....they need to be destroyed before you can even call this game balanced. Thats why i encorage people to ask for a lvl cap....and not ask for a million separate things. if people just attack and offend each other we will never get to a shared point of view. People without elite rings deserve a chance to compete against all players at a fair level. Fox and rhino ussers should be able to get an elite ring. Now i dont see how im I being selfish here.

Hey Dark, I'm not trying to attack you at all man. And I definitely hear you out and understand your frustration. However, I think you're a bit misguided in some areas, if you don't mind my saying so. What we need is more balance at a foundational level. If a building has a broke foundation, you dont fix it by building more on top of it. You stop what you're doing and fix the foundation. Pocket Legends has a broken foundation. We need to fix it (more balance) before building more on top of it (new cap.)

By the way, I do agree about these bonuses that people get with each cap. If there's any kind of stat bonus it should be available to every single player. That's just my personal opinion on the matter.

Suentous PO
04-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Hey. Suentous . Just talking about end game . Elite rings founder helms and eggs included in the topic man. Seems you defending that egg badly by replying to my writings so often. We need a cap. If you wanna keep that egg u might wanna stay at 76 lvl for ever. But other people wanna move on from 76 already. So please if you have an opinion i will be pleased to hear it as long is constructive.

Sorry it's just we already discussed it for pages and I don't feel anyone made a good argument about why the egg is a real problem.
I want a cap also, and I agree that the rings should be available for all, but the tiny statistical difference in the egg and founders stats pale in comparison to the real problems in pvp.
Micah just made a great analogy right above me that sums up what I think.

Schnitzel
04-05-2014, 01:16 PM
What i think would help with Savage being OP and Fiery being UP (under powered) is that we nerf/lower Savage's damage a bit (because all endgame savage bears have to do is pull then stomp, and other team dies) and Raise Fiery's armor bit (from what i hear, they say crafted int humania stuff has more armor than fiery)

As for Founders helm, Elite rings, and Egg, make them to have NO STATS in pvp/ctf games. and the only stats effects they will have is in regular PvE
Meaning in PvE, they will give stats, but in PvP/CTF, they will be just for looks

Your opinions?

Snow49
04-05-2014, 01:18 PM
I don't understand why people cry about the egg? So the people who spend real money( which helps support the game) and grind it out for years should get the same as the people who are lazy and don't spend money.? STOP CRYING.

Reunegade
04-05-2014, 01:31 PM
On the contrary, if you did a bit of comparing you will see that elite ring, egg, and founder helmets are not OP.

Conradin
04-05-2014, 02:07 PM
Happy Birthday

dijnes
04-05-2014, 02:21 PM
i really wish i hadn't takin a 1,1/2 year break so i can understand what yall r saying...

QuaderupleeJr
04-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Ikr we should have an event -_-

programmed
04-05-2014, 05:53 PM
Ikr we should have an event -_-

We are having an event for PL birthday. Sam said its just later in the month.

Impact
04-05-2014, 06:00 PM

Yeah those fbows made everything so fair, yo! I'm so upset that they nerfed them. (Sarcasm)
At hate fbows too, but id rather fbows then the current state of low lvl pvp

Impact
04-05-2014, 06:02 PM
What i think would help with Savage being OP and Fiery being UP (under powered) is that we nerf/lower Savage's damage a bit (because all endgame savage bears have to do is pull then stomp, and other team dies) and Raise Fiery's armor bit (from what i hear, they say crafted int humania stuff has more armor than fiery)

As for Founders helm, Elite rings, and Egg, make them to have NO STATS in pvp/ctf games. and the only stats effects they will have is in regular PvE
Meaning in PvE, they will give stats, but in PvP/CTF, they will be just for looks

Your opinions?
First part yes
Second part no....
Players who actually worked hard and are loyal since the beginning deserve it

NotYoCookiez
04-05-2014, 06:49 PM
Off Topic: Happy Birthday PL!

ive been here since 10/10/10 !!! I honestly had my fair share of fun. Even tho i pvp only around 50-61 now, im still happy this game is still around. Going to be one of those games i will remember forever... Thanks everyone and devs for making it a great experience!

Reunegade
04-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Off Topic: Happy Birthday PL!

ive been here since 10/10/10 !!! I honestly had my fair share of fun. Even tho i pvp only around 50-61 now, im still happy this game is still around. Going to be one of those games i will remember forever... Thanks everyone and devs for making it a great experience!
Off topic?

Jig
04-05-2014, 09:01 PM

If your wondering why you can't write anything without being attacked, it is because you are arguing a point yourself, meaning others will attack back of course, don't like it? don't post about these things.

Birds won't be op, mages and birds are balanced, I beat most birds .. it's only savage sets I have trouble with, pallys, and bears, I think dex bears are pretty op also, it's not just the set its their class itself.. mages and birds A.T.M are fine IMO Besides pallys, even birds with savage aren't that good..

Are you seriously crying about founders at endgame that only gives like a 5dmg 5dps and 5 armour? man that founder has been playing for 4 years I think it's pretty fine... Rings yes you have a point just like many others, it could of been done another way but eh You only need to cap twice and there you are, the difference between 2piece and 3pc isn't that big.. just get a dragon set with 2pc you'll be fine. But! I do understand now that they have sort of, stopped updating this game, you would think well how is it possible to obtain these rings now? isn't fair now is it.. So I think if they stopped updating which I doubt, then they should take away these elite rings with bonuses..

But I'm sure they will give just a cap raise sooner or later so it should be right.

Conradin
04-05-2014, 09:24 PM
There will be no more foreseeable cap raises ^ :(

Jig
04-05-2014, 11:10 PM

Name of dev/mod that said this?

MightyMicah
04-06-2014, 12:48 AM

When he said that, the emphasis was on "foreseeable." In other words, they don't have any plans for one at the moment, but that doesn't mean there will never be plans for one. It just means we wait a long time.

Rescind
04-06-2014, 05:38 AM
It's kind of funny how we want to receive something for PL's birthday instead of giving them something

programmed
04-06-2014, 07:20 AM
instead of giving them something

We give them money from buying plat

Jig
04-06-2014, 09:31 AM
We give them money from buying plat

They gave us a game to play for 4 years ^_^

MightyMicah
04-06-2014, 12:31 PM
They gave us a game to play for 4 years ^_^

And who knows how much longer.

NotYoCookiez
04-06-2014, 01:08 PM
It's kind of funny how we want to receive something for PL's birthday instead of giving them something

everyone that still plays deserves a reward... they been sticking around even though the devs clearly said there probably wont be a level cap in a long time and possibly forever.

We are the customers and they are the producers. We say thank you, they say you're welcome!

Rawrimafish
04-06-2014, 01:14 PM
I've been here since the first birthday, I remember where I was 4 years. Ago

FortalWao
04-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Imho it's not the best idea to release a new battle game/legends game every couple of months if you don't have the manpower/time to pay attention to all of them. Instead of fixing the pvp, you choose to spend the time to release another game which is more or less the same as the game before and is equally unbalanced. Now you have 2 unbalanced games, and instead of fixing them, you release a third game which ends up (surprisingly) unbalanced. Then you refuse to balance the 3 games claiming you have no time for that because you're working on a 4th game which, as we all know, is going to be unbalanced... Oh not to forget you threw in a couple of battle games. Wouldn't it be better to fix one game before moving to creating another one? I mean all you'll end up with now are 6 communities that constantly complain about how bad things are... Hmm how to fix this, right? Oh... Release another game.

MightyMicah
04-06-2014, 06:51 PM
Imho it's not the best idea to release a new battle game/legends game every couple of months if you don't have the manpower/time to pay attention to all of them. Instead of fixing the pvp, you choose to spend the time to release another game which is more or less the same as the game before and is equally unbalanced. Now you have 2 unbalanced games, and instead of fixing them, you release a third game which ends up (surprisingly) unbalanced. Then you refuse to balance the 3 games claiming you have no time for that because you're working on a 4th game which, as we all know, is going to be unbalanced... Oh not to forget you threw in a couple of battle games. Wouldn't it be better to fix one game before moving to creating another one? I mean all you'll end up with now are 6 communities that constantly complain about how bad things are... Hmm how to fix this, right? Oh... Release another game.

I think the one thing you should consider is how well Arcane Legends is doing. If they can, "Get a big break" so to speak and start rolling in the cash, they can hire the manpower to take care of all their games. I'd say they've found that with AL. Also, when someone gets hooked on one game, like AL, there's a good chance they'll check out the other games and very well get hooked on them as well. All in all more games means the word spreads that STG and their games exist. This can be very beneficial for STG as a whole as well as for each individual game. I think at this point the risk is, "spreading themselves too thin" as the saying goes. Samhayne did mention in the past that if they'd have stuck to developing PL alone, they'd probably have gone under by now so it seems the multiple games strategy was their only option, or at least the smartest one.

Just another perspective to consider...

programmed
04-06-2014, 06:59 PM
I think the one thing you should consider is how well Arcane Legends is doing. If they can, "Get a big break" so to speak and start rolling in the cash, they can hire the manpower to take care of all their games. I'd say they've found that with AL. Also, when someone gets hooked on one game, like AL, there's a good chance they'll check out the other games and very well get hooked on them as well. All in all more games means the word spreads that STG and their games exist. This can be very beneficial for STG as a whole as well as for each individual game. I think at this point the risk is, "spreading themselves too thin" as the saying goes. Samhayne did mention in the past that if they'd have stuck to developing PL alone, they'd probably have gone under by now so it seems the multiple games strategy was their only option, or at least the smartest one.

Just another perspective to consider...

You make a good point and I agree, but I also partially have to agree with fortal. I have never gone against STG's decisions like some of us here. I get why STG does what they do. They're a business and just like any other business they have to have money to keep going. Without AL they wouldn't have money to feed their families nor would they have the money to keep their other games running. So yes, they do what they have to but fortal does have a point.

fourleaf
04-06-2014, 07:15 PM
It's STS decision, imo they could have made PL into the best of its kind today as it was when it started, they added the guilds from SL, if they had worked more to add the genders for each class, then taken the huge vanity variety and skill tree addition to DL, and the amazing graphics of DL and boss mechanics, imagine how PL would be now

but 'what-if's don't really change anything
now AL, their 'best' game doesn't really compare to O&C, probably the leading mobile mmo. Only reason I would play AL over O&C is because of PL, I loved all of sts for this but now they're losing some of their most loyal customers, they can't really change that because their ball is already rolling with AL, and its hard to stop it with so many more newer customers wanting more and more faster and faster
Devs don't want to lose PL, but they almost have no choice, I am really surprised they have got in what they have with new hats for ST Patricks, PL shields, and they said new stuff later thos month
If you think about it really shows how much they wish they could get back to it, SL and DL get even less.

The problem is if they pushout a new campaign for PL, the gear is almost going to be even more unbalanced, we will be even more upset with them and with AL to support it will be even longer for them to fix the 80/81 gear. They pretty much can't win till they get AL to a happy point like PL's AO3 or Sewers were nearly everyone is content to keep playing the same bosses again and again.

Thanks for a great game devs

MightyMicah
04-06-2014, 07:21 PM
In response to both of you, I certainly agree. STG is currently between a rock and a hard place, to put it plainly.

I think their hope lies in Arcane Legends at the moment.

Suentous PO
04-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Samhayne did mention in the past that if they'd have stuck to developing PL alone, they'd probably have gone under by now

He didn't say that, what he said was if we stuck with only pl maybe we wouldn't be around. That is much less definitive (maybe/probably)
Why do I make this distinction? Because it was not a foregone bankruptcy they deftly avoided. They chose an expansionist business model over a specialty one.
We as the customers have every right to say please focus on what you have or loose our patronage. Just as they have every right to run their business how they feel and we vote with our money.
I say all this not to argue, but to remind some forumers that customer feedback is good for stg even if it's unpopular.

MightyMicah
04-06-2014, 08:41 PM
He didn't say that, what he said was if we stuck with only pl maybe we wouldn't be around. That is much less definitive (maybe/probably)
Why do I make this distinction? Because it was not a foregone bankruptcy they deftly avoided. They chose an expansionist business model over a specialty one.
We as the customers have every right to say please focus on what you have or loose our patronage. Just as they have every right to run their business how they feel and we vote with our money.
I say all this not to argue, but to remind some forumers that customer feedback is good for stg even if it's unpopular.

Very well constructed post! And thanks for the correction, I was uncertain of the exact language that Samhayne used. The only thing I'd say is that there *is* a bit of a difference between customer feedback and just straight up complaining, or demanding something. (or claiming that pocket legends is going to die soon, which simply isn't true in the least.)

Jig
04-07-2014, 04:31 AM

Well they went and did something us customers didn't want and yet they won, they succeeded with AL, and they could possibly do it again..^_^ yes it's all about customer care the most, but what they did here was smart, really smart

Kanital
04-10-2014, 01:39 AM
nerf savage find a new emplacement for israel

Rawrimafish
04-10-2014, 07:07 PM
i wouldnt mind if sts deleted all their other games/sold them and focused on PL only :)

Cavoc
04-10-2014, 07:33 PM
i wouldnt mind if sts deleted all their other games/sold them and focused on PL only :)

Sure you would, because if they sold all their games except for pl, then there would be no PL or STS.

Jig
04-11-2014, 04:43 AM

That would be so dumb.