PDA

View Full Version : What's your theory?

programmed
04-03-2014, 10:33 PM
So I turned on the TV last night to see this on the news. The mythical creature called the chupacabra that supposedly kills illegal immigrants crossing the border form Mexico and eats people's cattle is said to be found. In Texas a family trapped an animal that looks much like the chupacabra is said to look like. No one knows what it is and its definitely not a native animal to Texas. So I ask you, what's your theory? I say its escaped from one of those farms that are used to protect endangered species and they just don't want to come forth to admit it escaped.

If you have no I'm talking about here a link to the news story: http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1742980#bmb=1

Bless
04-04-2014, 05:25 PM
Mythology is just a belief in the mythical, whereas in this case, it's an existing creature - therefore it cannot be a myth*. Humans start believing in myths based on real life (horse -> Unicorn) therefore it is also a valid argument if one says that 'Chupacabras' may have existed for centuries.

*This story lacks solid evidence, although I've only read the referenced article.

Bless
04-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Duplicate post, sorry.

Suentous PO
04-04-2014, 06:36 PM
Got a fox with mange there.
Funniest thing to me was the part "kills illegal immigrants" part.
If there was an animal that ate "illegals" then conservatives would be breeding those things in captivity in massive numbers just to let loose on the southern states while high fiving gleefully.

Trenton
04-04-2014, 06:53 PM
"Bubba that looks like a baby chupacabra"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

programmed
04-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Got a fox with mange there.
Funniest thing to me was the part "kills illegal immigrants" part.
If there was an animal that ate "illegals" then conservatives would be breeding those things in captivity in massive numbers just to let loose on the southern states while high fiving gleefully.

Yeah, people keep saying it looks like a fox or raccoon with mange. As someone who's seen both of those up close in real life, it does not look like either of those. The illegal immigrants part is most likely not true if it is a really a chupacabra, but it does eat cattle though. They said they lost some animals and that's why they set out the trap to catch whatever was eating their livestock.

programmed
04-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Mythology is just a belief in the mythical, whereas in this case, it's an existing creature - therefore it cannot be a myth*. Humans start believing in myths based on real life (horse -> Unicorn) therefore it is also a valid argument if one says that 'Chupacabras' may have existed for centuries.

*This story lacks solid evidence, although I've only read the referenced article.

You're absolutely right, myths are inspired by or based on real life things. Like the oarfish for example caused the sea monster belief. You're also right that it doesn't have much evidence that's why I am asking what YOU guys think.

Argyros
04-04-2014, 08:06 PM
People have found "yeti" in the past but it turned out to be a rodent with skin disease

Suentous PO
04-04-2014, 08:21 PM
Nm, I had only glanced at that picture. After seeing it move it's a raccoon, it ate with its hands. No predator the size of a housecat eats livestock, that dude was drinking a beer in the news clip! Gangsta!

programmed
04-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Nm, I had only glanced at that picture. After seeing it move it's a raccoon, it ate with its hands. No predator the size of a housecat eats livestock, that dude was drinking a beer in the news clip! Gangsta!

The snout and body are too long to be a raccoon. Raccoons have shorter snouts and keep some weight on them. Raccoons also sound different.

Aveea
04-04-2014, 08:27 PM
I'm Texan and a country girl, ppl report sightings all the time. Also they claim to see panthers here. The panthers I can explain, we have mountain lions, in the right light their fur can cast a dark hue. The chewys...Tequilla? I dunno. :dejection:

programmed
04-04-2014, 08:28 PM
People have found "yeti" in the past but it turned out to be a rodent with skin disease

Now that wouldn't make sense for someone to believe a rodent is a yeti unless they're incredibly dumb. Aren't yetis supposed to be large and don't walk on all four feet which both are the exact opposite of any rodent.

programmed
04-04-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm Texan and a country girl, ppl report sightings all the time. Also they claim to see panthers here. The panthers I can explain, we have mountain lions, in the right light their fur can cast a dark hue. The chewys...Tequilla? I dunno. :dejection:

Well this isn't a sighting, it was actually caught whatever it is. I can see why someone would mistake a mountain lion for a panther if they don't know what to look for, they are similar. When I lived in Virginia we had mountain lions that would sometimes come right out of the woods to cross the yard to the woods on the other side.

Argyros
04-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Now that wouldn't make sense for someone to believe a rodent is a yeti unless they're incredibly dumb. Aren't yetis supposed to be large and don't walk on all four feet which both are the exact opposite of any rodent.

Eh just Google it.

Argyros
04-04-2014, 08:35 PM
Nvm the chubby is dead now.

Schnitzel
04-04-2014, 08:46 PM

Really?!
well..guess time to stock up on ammo (Nerf gun stuff)..don't want no Chewbacas in my backyard...

programmed
04-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Really?!
well..guess time to stock up on ammo (Nerf gun stuff)..don't want no Chewbacas in my backyard...

Probably just one of those Bigfoot fanatics who dress up as Bigfoot and walk through the woods to make people believe they saw a Bigfoot lol.

Suentous PO
04-04-2014, 09:02 PM
The snout and body are too long to be a raccoon. Raccoons have shorter snouts and keep some weight on them. Raccoons also sound different.

It's both sick (probably from more than just mange) and starving, the shape has been altered from what is normal is more than one way. I'd bet you. Besides the first reports of chups discribes them like bipeds with head spines.
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r586/stephencobear/9E5EC5F4-128A-4807-BC36-A10423628528.jpg (http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/stephencobear/media/9E5EC5F4-128A-4807-BC36-A10423628528.jpg.html)

programmed
04-04-2014, 09:14 PM
It's both sick (probably from more than just mange) and starving, the shape has been altered from what is normal is more than one way. I'd bet you. Besides the first reports of chups discribes them like bipeds with head spines.
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r586/stephencobear/9E5EC5F4-128A-4807-BC36-A10423628528.jpg (http://s1173.photobucket.com/user/stephencobear/media/9E5EC5F4-128A-4807-BC36-A10423628528.jpg.html)

Never mind, you're right smarty. They decided it is a raccoon with mange and put it down to stop its suffering from the disease. It just doesn't seem something's shape can be altered that much to look entirely like some other species.

Suentous PO
04-04-2014, 10:33 PM
Bah, oh well. I wouldn't mind being wrong which is one reason I read on weird stuff like this.