PDA

View Full Version : I'm a dufus at VL portals

Vaelma
12-14-2010, 01:49 AM
I keep dying!! It would be so much better if the group would just clear the portal room. But these days everyone wants to just rush through to the Keeper portal. And most times I just don't make it! I tap in the wrong places and end up with the entry sign and by the time I x close it I'm splatted. Sometimes I even end up behind the darn portal where I get splatted again. Most times though I end up falling a teeny bit short of the entrance and they stun/freeze me and there Vaelma goes again....splat. Lol.

Thank goodness for all of the patient groups I've been in. No one has booted me yet! But once through he portal I'm a darn good pally and I am witty as heck and I share my pinks. Heh. Maybe thats why.

It can take me up to three (or more!) deaths before I can get to and through the portal. I feel like an idiot cause everyone else just ran right through.

Any advice would be most appreciated. I play on my ipad. I'm unable to use the joystick because it is in an inconvenient place on the ipad screen.

Are there marks on the floor to tap? The walls? Lol. Where is best place to tap on portal to keep going?

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Cabero
12-14-2010, 01:53 AM
Just be 2nd - 4th player to run out and the 1st and last player gets nuked lol. Always works for me.
Also just pop mana shield and blessing of vitality for armor buffs and spam mana & health pots along the way.

Inching
12-14-2010, 02:52 AM
dont run first but im pure mage and im always first... what i do is pop the shield as i enter room.... then cast freeze and run through them... if u need u can spam pots also but i usually dont. if i (pure mage) can do it, u can also.

Vaelma
12-14-2010, 03:56 AM
Great idea Inching, I didn't think of casting freeze. I will try that. Spamming pots is usually a waste for me. If I have to use a pot I'm already dead soon ha.

After reading your post Cabero I did my best to stay in middle of pack and it helped big time!

Cabero
12-14-2010, 04:03 AM
Great idea Inching, I didn't think of casting freeze. I will try that. Spamming pots is usually a waste for me. If I have to use a pot I'm already dead soon ha.

After reading your post Cabero I did my best to stay in middle of pack and it helped big time!

Glad I could help.;)

Arterra
12-14-2010, 06:27 AM
since i am usually in pure mage mode (staff to boot) i look out for a nice opening. then i make sure tht as i run with all buffs, i fireblast away the lorekeeper, the one that stuns like crazy, and freeze the berserker, the other stunner.

Fyrce
12-14-2010, 07:08 AM
As pure mage, I buff up then pop shield when I get attacked or when I'm closer to mobs. I do firestorm, then freeze. By then I'm usually through.

Seratonin
12-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Very simply, run with groups of friends that DO clear the middle.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?14551-Looking-for-lvl-50-players-who-don-t-mind-quot-clearing-the-middle-quot-of-VL/page6
Me, Les, and bunches of others do full Laps now... Groups that have finished cyber quests are just skipping keeper now. He's a pain to get to and kill, and his loot is overflowing in the market right now.