PDA

View Full Version : need advice - what is best pink gear for mage atm?

borix
04-04-2014, 02:09 AM
I think I want to upgrade from my Tarlok gear. I have Winter crown of assault and Vestment of versatility and it seems the Magma gear is the next step up.

However I am not sure on the versions that exist. Off course you have the brutality versions you can buy with teeth but these are way out of my league unless they come 'cheap' in store.

Next to that I have only seen Magma helm of force and assault. And then there is the Magma suit of force and security.

So are there any other version that you know of and which do you think is the best? If I am spending gold I only want to do it once.

Thanx.

Candylicks
04-04-2014, 06:26 AM
Why don't you get mage mythic? It's pretty cheap in CS now.

borix
04-04-2014, 06:44 AM
How I understand it I then need to upgrade the mythic to make it comparable with current best pink gear. So this needs a bit of work but it could be a fun project. But then it I can no longer sell or trade it correct?

I do not know exactly what stats the mythic armor/helm have but if it is comparable then it might be still an option.

Still would like to know about the magma gear so if someone has info please share.

Haligali
04-04-2014, 07:16 AM
The best pink magma armor and helms (brutality, assault or security) are currently more expensive or in par with mythics. But you can buy the brutality version for dragon teeth if you got enough.

Wutzgood
04-04-2014, 08:28 AM
Yeah mythic armor is cheaper and better than the new magma sets. Upgrading the set is quick. Took me about 2 hours and most of that time was just for last part of breaking crates.

Also expedition rifle at level 41 has about same damage as mythic staff so that's a great weapon to use.

jb57542
04-05-2014, 02:33 PM
My favorite non myth ring is my lvl 36 Troll Necromantic Ring of Assault. Beats the heck out of the archon rings since it give equivalent damage and armor

Haligali
04-08-2014, 03:13 AM
My favorite non myth ring is my lvl 36 Troll Necromantic Ring of Assault. Beats the heck out of the archon rings since it give equivalent damage and armor

The problem is with the assault type rings (legend, archon, troll) that they offer around 0,5-1% more damage and maybe some extra (archon gives crit, troll gives armor and less crit, legend gives nothing) along with a HUGE -10% reduced hp compared to mythic ring.

This exchange is more than unacceptable, and you wont ever notice this minimal damage. I wore last season only with mythic ring and i wasnt even full, one or two grand gem missed on my staff for long time.

borix
04-11-2014, 05:00 AM
Thx all. I now have a Magma helm of force because I could get it fairly cheap but I am keeping my eyes open for the security version. I hope the extra armour and HP help me survive better in the new maps. The others do not seem to show up in auction so I cannot really compare them.

Also like to have the matching suit but these are more expensive so I am trying to be patient. Mythic would be sweet too but I do not like the idea of not being able to sell it later after upgrade. So far I have always been able to resell stuff (like with tarlok gear) to get some of the gold back so magma gear looks like the better investment at them moment.

I am also very curious what other gear they might release later.