PDA

View Full Version : Day 11 challenge a bit too challenging

Milan Lame Man
04-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Our guild has quite a few people, we have 1 or 2 Singes and some more, we blew through crates and chests to get the missing pets, but still could not get that Day 11 screenshot.

Really, not all guilds have tens of superrich people, and not everyone has tons of rich friends. Is this contest for the rich only? What's the point of it then?

Yes, I was lucky to get invited to a town where screenshot party was going on, but really... it felt like Players vs STS. It was cool in a way to see such a cooperation, but I firmly believe it was not a good contest task.

I suggest an idea for day 12: take a screenshot of you and 2 other people wearing arcane ring.

Edit: Oh I've noticed there are only 2 developer replies on 2 pages of suggestions. I guess my idea wil go unnoticed. :grey:

Fyrce
04-04-2014, 11:50 AM
Stop staying in the guild.

A few friends and I hung around Expedition Camp for a few hours yesterday (this morning) and a significant amount of that time, we had the 6 pets gathered for whoever wanted SS. There are lots of very nice people out there. I would PM/guildchat for people to join, or ask for certain pets, etc. People were very willing to come help when they had the right pets.

Use your friends list, use random strangers' friends list, ask random people. What happened in towns and taverns yesterday was an amazing thing. One caveat: watch out for the photo bombers. They are a bit annoying sometimes.

This is what I saw when I dropped into town last night:
Pet Parade:
Pet confab in tavern:

We did try to stay in guild, in friends but people went to sleep, etc. and still others needed screenshots. So we started looking in towns, taverns and that's when the pet search became a truly beautiful event.

As for arcane ring, I randomly see one or two when I drop into town. With a bit of work, it is probably possible to get those strangers to pose for me. I am not saying it would be easy but I'd be optimistic.

Kakashis
04-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Yeah I didn't like this day's SS contest at all. It wasn't fair for all because it didn't take into consideration that not everyone has money to have the pets thereby making it not equal opportunity to all. Thank God that there are more privileged players that were willing to share. This days SS want fair, but possible.

Foebegone
04-07-2014, 07:31 AM
That was a awesome contest day, made ppl go out and interact with each other. I got mine done in 15 mins in expedition camp and had a laugh doing it too! Well done STS!

Sent from my device using an app.

Madnex
04-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Exactly the above. The difficulty was raised a tad from "anyone can do this in five minutes" -level of difficulty and whining began. Seriously, you're racing for the most prized items in the game here.

Yes, this is the bored player's rant, I expect to see difficulty not three-minute challenges. Challenges? It's more challenging to upload the screenshot itself in the rest of the days.

Vixenne
04-07-2014, 08:04 AM
It was great way to interact with other people who have the pets :) I myself did the screenie with people in Expedition Camp along with my fellow guildie officer. We helped one another so we could do the day challenge.