PDA

View Full Version : Daggers better than bows/crossbows now....

roflchopter
05-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Right now I'm using:
Jewel Theif's Thin dagger
combined with other various gear I have a DPS of 79
But If I'm using Sniper's Battle Crossbow I only have 75 dps

So are daggers better than crossbows now? I think that daggers are better because I can also equipt a wing shield.

So:
With wing shield I have 58 armor
But without a wing shield I only have 49 armor.

My current gear is:
Burglars Penguin Snowcap 1 Dex, 1 m/s, 7 armor
Jewel Theif's Thin Dagger 20-20 dmg, 0.6 speed, 7 dex, 2h/s + Wing Shield of Ahnold 6 str, 2% dodge, 11 armor
or
Snipers Battle Crossbow 39-53 dmg/ 1.0 speed, 7 dex, 3% crit, 2h/s, 2 armor
Snipers Bone Tunic 7 dex, 3% crit, 2h/s, 31 armor

So, i guess using a dagger is clearly the better option. The only thing good that happens when you are using a bow/crossbow is that you don't have to be right next to your enemy to attack them, but that doesn't really affect me that much. What do you guys think?

Banned
05-06-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't suggest using a dagger if you care about dieing. It'll happen often. Also, you have to constently try to isolate one enemy which is a little difficult. The second two enemies begin to attack you, you can pretty much expect a guarenteed death. You could always try to run but the moment they attack it'll pull you back to them and they will probably end up slaughtering you.

Eldallan
05-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Yup, its not easy being squishy.
You need to be very careful and always have pots on hand.
the stun and daze skills come in handy. when times are looking grim i usually stun, root and high tail it out of there.

Dizko
05-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Range pwns you newbs!

Prest87
05-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Crossbows all the way!!

Dizko
05-22-2010, 08:40 PM
High five!

Endless
05-22-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm all about the range. When that extra croc comes in to join the party, he's already half life by the time you start shankin' him. 75 dps at range is better than 79 dps during a poison strike.

Although I'm holding on to a shiv just in case I wanna mix it up.

Eldallan
05-22-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm all about the range. When that extra croc comes in to join the party, he's already half life by the time you start shankin' him. 75 dps at range is better than 79 dps during a poison strike.

Although I'm holding on to a shiv just in case I wanna mix it up.

i say nay to this. i'm at 100 dps with my shiv.
i know its not as good as range but i enjoy changing things up.
of course i wont be using it for pvp :P

Obliteration
05-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Dagger birds aren't not better at all.
More dps yes, but with low armour and insanely fast attacks attack spells become obsolete.
Your also engaging in melée combat which means your going to get hit way more with light armor they are more apt to dying.
Bows have less armor but range making it still the best option.

Doomzday
05-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Dagger birds aren't not better at all.
More dps yes, but with low armour and insanely fast attacks attack spells become obsolete.
Your also engaging in melée combat which means your going to get hit way more with light armor they are more apt to dying.
Bows have less armor but range making it still the best option. well said man sniper bayou ftw!!