PDA

View Full Version : Cliff lee is back baby!

BeardedBear
12-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Happy Holidays from the phour horsemen!

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/unknown08075/phourhorsemen.jpg

icantgetkills
12-14-2010, 10:02 AM
I hate baseball

BeardedBear
12-14-2010, 10:05 AM
That's really hurts my feelings man. Take it back!

KingFu
12-14-2010, 11:48 AM
I hate baseball too. I hate it even more since I find that image offensive -.-

smoae
12-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Cleveland Indians are the ones who got ripped.... In 2007, they had one of the best pitching Lineups in the game (sabathia, lee, Byrd) then all those players got traded to rich teams and now they have some of the worst pitching...
But I still support my team!

BeardedBear
12-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Cleveland Indians are the ones who got ripped.... In 2007, they had one of the best pitching Lineups in the game (sabathia, lee, Byrd) then all those players got traded to rich teams and now they have some of the worst pitching...
But I still support my team!

Well that's what amazing about him coming back to Philly. He took something like a 30+ million cut from the Yanks (rich team), to play with the Phillies, just because he loves the city and fans that much. That never happens in sports, ever.

And didn't mean to offensive with the pic.

Buddyf97
12-15-2010, 12:48 PM
Cliff Lee FTW!! WOOT! Eat it Yankee fans! Next time be careful who's wife you spit on! XD WOOT!
Philly! Philedelphia->2011 WS Champs!

Buddyf97
12-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Well that's what amazing about him coming back to Philly. He took something like a 30+ million cut from the Yanks (rich team), to play with the Phillies, just because he loves the city and fans that much. That never happens in sports, ever.

And a yankee fan split on cliff lee's wife

Refriedchicken
12-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Sox still clearly have the best rotation in baseball, I might even say in baseball history.

they're DEEEEEEP.

Plus with the two new megabats, we're easily the preseason favorite.

Sox, bruins, celtics, patriots this year? I can guarantee 2/4, wouldn't be shocked to see all 4 win.

Ps: I haven't missed a celtics, bruins, sox, or pats game since I was in diapers.

Refriedchicken
12-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Ps: the NL is a joke. If philly was in the AL they'd likely have a loosing record, they were .360 against al teams last year?

BeardedBear
12-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Man, it's going to be crazy watching Halladay and Lee fighting all year........

....OVER THE CY YOUNG THAT IS! HEYYYYYYOOOOO!

Refried, best lineup in history? That's rich, man.

smoae
12-15-2010, 05:02 PM

Meh now I just hate the Yankees and the phillies. :)

Snakespeare
12-15-2010, 05:20 PM
To all Phillies fans, congrats! I am a Mariners fan, but the last few days I am seriously getting teary-eyed whenever I think about this event. It's not because I like any particular team or hate one, either. It's just because baseball needs people like Cliff Lee now more than ever, a man who will walk past 30 million dollars because someone spat on his wife. It restores a little of my faith in humanity.

I love baseball more than I love any baseball team, and this is one of the coolest thing to happen in baseball in a long time. I hope more players follow his example.

And as for Yanks fans, which includes my best friend, all I can say is, I know those few people who were so mean to the Rangers' wives during the World Series are not representative of all of you, but there must be consequences for unsportsmanlike behavior. Maybe this is a message to start policing yourselves.

smoae
12-15-2010, 09:56 PM
To all Phillies fans, congrats! I am a Mariners fan, but the last few days I am seriously getting teary-eyed whenever I think about this event. It's not because I like any particular team or hate one, either. It's just because baseball needs people like Cliff Lee now more than ever, a man who will walk past 30 million dollars because someone spat on his wife. It restores a little of my faith in humanity.

I love baseball more than I love any baseball team, and this is one of the coolest thing to happen in baseball in a long time. I hope more players follow his example.

And as for Yanks fans, which includes my best friend, all I can say is, I know those few people who were so mean to the Rangers' wives during the World Series are not representative of all of you, but there must be consequences for unsportsmanlike behavior. Maybe this is a message to start policing yourselves.
Yep so he makes 50 million or 20 million.
What's the freaking difference? What kind of a spoiled brat would need 50 million dollars to themselves? In 10 years, it's 500 million or 200 million. If anyone is not happy with 200 million dollars in their lifetime, then they are the most idiotic person on the planet.

bladesword
12-16-2010, 04:45 AM
Bearded, we all agree on hating baseball.
:rolleyes:

Snakespeare
12-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Yep so he makes 50 million or 20 million.
What's the freaking difference? What kind of a spoiled brat would need 50 million dollars to themselves? In 10 years, it's 500 million or 200 million. If anyone is not happy with 200 million dollars in their lifetime, then they are the most idiotic person on the planet.

I would agree with some of what you say, but there's one big question. Do you make this same statement about rock stars and movie stars and race car drivers? Because what passes for "sports" these days is top dollar entertainment. Unless you intend to change the entire Western economy (and I am curious how you would do that), then your argument is merely an idealogical gloss over your jealousy.

p.s. JK Rowlings made 48 million pounds last year. There isn't a baseball player alive who even approaches that!