PDA

View Full Version : Elite Jarl has a headache!

Energizeric
04-05-2014, 03:01 AM
Yes, Elite Jarl has a headache and has therefore silenced all sound from the Elite Brackenridge map. Charging skills, explosions, clock dropping, etc....all silent now. Apparently regular Jarl on the non-elite map has no such issues. :)

(not sure if this issue is affecting all devices, but I play on an iPhone)

Madnex
04-05-2014, 03:24 AM
What if I told you this is client sided? Aka, your issue. :P

Loading the game with sound and music off has an issue when you try to put them back on; it doesn't work. I'm suspecting you tried something similar to this? Refresh.

Milan Lame Man
04-05-2014, 07:15 AM
In fact, I noticed the same thing. Everything sounded as if in a distance, and I think my (sorcerer) skills were all silent, only the rogue friend making charging sounds.
It felt really strange, I almost could not concentrate on my playing. Good thing the map is so easy now.
It was on iPad.

Euldor
04-05-2014, 07:23 AM
It does happen sometimes, even in other maps. But I think Omni's right. It's client sided.

Energizeric
04-05-2014, 09:09 AM
It's not client side here. All the other maps work fine, only this one has the problem and it has the problem every single time. And I've never toggled my sound off, it has always been on. However, it possibly may be an issue only affecting the iOS client.

In the past we have all had issues where on occasion we join a map and sound is not working properly. The most common issue I have seen is the background music not playing. Leaving and rejoining the map always solved the problem. Here that is not the case. The background music plays, but the sound effects do not, and it happens every single time. I spent an hour alternating between Elite Rooks Nest and Elite Brackenridge, and every single time the sounds worked in Elite Rooks Nest, and every single time they did not in Elite Brackenridge.

Madnex
04-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Well it certainly isn't global, seems to work for chrome and android for me. You made me put music and sound effects on after five months lol, there are some nice sounds right there thanks.

asimauara
04-07-2014, 09:11 AM
There are times when it happens to me im on android when in regular tindirin maps the music just stops will this be a creepypasta someday? Probably not easy fix you know your music was on so go into your options turn music off then sound off then turn them back on in reverse order (the only way it can be turned back on) and bam sound should be back music and muffle should be corrected!

Tendirin
04-07-2014, 09:23 AM
you should contact sts and tell them your issue

Serancha
04-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Happening on my ipad too. Both elite and normal.

Energizeric
04-09-2014, 05:04 PM
This is clearly an iOS issue.

JaytB
04-10-2014, 02:12 AM
Same problem here on iPad Air iOS 7.1. Tower of Mardom is another place where half of my sound fx seem to be gone.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the client but that didn't change a thing.