PDA

View Full Version : Removing lockeds from the elite loot table

Slywannas
04-05-2014, 06:11 AM
Hey everyone, I feel like a thread like this just needs to be made. and some recent events inspired me to do so. I know I'm not the only one who keeps re rolling crates in elites and I know I'm not the only one that's disappointed to see the fireworks and find out it's a crate that dropped and not a tooth. For the sake of the argument, I'll take into consideration the assumption of dropping, let's say an elite golden dragonscale chest. To have that item, which costs 50k+ ( not sure about the correct price, conservative guess ), and to drop a locked instead of that, which costs 12k-14k, just seems plain wrong. Especially when lepre, luck lix or combo should give you better loot. I know that by color ranking a locked is a rarer ( and therefore better ) item in the current rarity system, but please STG, listen to the pleas of us, your customers and community, and please remove the locked crates from the elite loot table.

P.S. I'm not sure how much will such a change affect the prices of the new pink items given that if this goes through they will be dropping more ( 40, 41 ), but I'm sure it'll still keep them pretty high up in prices.

P.P.S. If there is a significant amount of people that support this idea, I will be making periodical bumps in an effort to push this thread to any mod and then on, to the devs and Sam.

Milan Lame Man
04-05-2014, 07:11 AM
I believe that when the loot tables were designed, the rerolls were taken into account.
If you succeed in convincing STS to remove Lockeds from the loot table, they will decrease the drop rates of Dragon chests accordingly.
What you really ask for is that drop rates are increased. This would achieve nothing, as has been debated many times. Increased drop rates -> decreased price -> same as before.
The only improvement would be less false alarms, which may be a good thing, if you can't wait a second before getting excited whenever you see fireworks.

keikali
04-05-2014, 07:22 AM
This has been asked before many times. I remember I created a big thread on it last expansion cap too. No response.

Slywannas
04-05-2014, 03:03 PM
I believe that when the loot tables were designed, the rerolls were taken into account.
If you succeed in convincing STS to remove Lockeds from the loot table, they will decrease the drop rates of Dragon chests accordingly.
What you really ask for is that drop rates are increased. This would achieve nothing, as has been debated many times. Increased drop rates -> decreased price -> same as before.
The only improvement would be less false alarms, which may be a good thing, if you can't wait a second before getting excited whenever you see fireworks.

I think you missunderstood it. I'm not asking in no way for the drop rates to go up, really don't know where you got that. This is just about simply removing the lockeds from the loot table, no increase in elite gold dragonscales drop rate needs to be made here. It can all stay the same, it'll simply re roll to a magmatic item for example next time, rather than to a locked, which was the whole point of the thread. And yes, I know that this might cause magmatic items to go down a bit, but given the time and effort they currently require to be obtained, it would be just a small change in prices downwards in my opinion. It's not about me being excited or anything, it's simply an effort to try to make the lepres, luck lixes and combos do what they were meant to do on a re roll, and that is to give a player better loot. And dropping an item after 30 mins in elite Tindrins, after spending 300+ pots and dying x times, which I can get in 19 seconds from Jarl does not seem like something that should be happening in my opinion.

Pandamoni
04-05-2014, 03:16 PM
This has been asked for very frequently. I wish they'd consider it. I get less annoyed by a gree elite drop than I do by a locked chest reroll

Madnex
04-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Time window pops, fireworks in the background. Sigh starts escaping my lips when suddenly.. magmatic brutality blades and dragkin teeth. Gotta love the plot twists.

Locks aren't that bad, for the first three elites at least. I mean, come on at least you covered potions expents and improved your experience. That's how I see it, haven't reached 20 elite runs yet though, maybe gets harsher after that.

farizace99
04-05-2014, 08:59 PM
You should stop thinking about yourself because there is still others out there who appreciates the lock drop in elites.Its better to drop anything good rather than having less drop in loot table. (Better than nothing :))

Slywannas
04-06-2014, 06:35 AM
You should stop thinking about yourself because there is still others out there who appreciates the lock drop in elites.Its better to drop anything good rather than having less drop in loot table. (Better than nothing :))

It's not me thinking about myself, as you can see there are other people annoyed by this too. Yes, we may have a different opinion but at this point I'd rather take a crap green and a tooth than a locked in the new elites.

Time window pops, fireworks in the background. Sigh starts escaping my lips when suddenly.. magmatic brutality blades and dragkin teeth. Gotta love the plot twists.

Locks aren't that bad, for the first three elites at least. I mean, come on at least you covered potions expents and improved your experience. That's how I see it, haven't reached 20 elite runs yet though, maybe gets harsher after that.

Yeah, for the pots costs no. But think of it this way, rather than dropping something after spending x 100's of pots and dying x times which you can drop from Jarl in 19 seconds or less, wouldn't elites in general be more desirable if there were no lockeds? But, since there was a post saying that people like lockeds dropping in elites, maybe we can rephrase this into no lockeds dropping at only new elite levels ( Tindirn ). Because seriously, 30min+ run there to just get a locked is simply depressing.

Madnex
04-07-2014, 12:43 AM
Idk, still beats rerolling to greens and purples and you can get those in less than 19 secs. I don't see the suggested adjustment happening. :P