PDA

View Full Version : Can we have a mythic pet with story tokens ?

Ghaith
04-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Hello !
So guys , I was wondering if we could get a mythic pet with story tokens . I mean not all players are platinum buyers .
Besides , those old legendary pets with new Elites seem to be useless , Tindirin elite maps are pretty tough , legendary pets even with the good bonus they still useless with a big mob health points bar . What I want to say is : " why not making a purchasable mythic pet with story tokens ? maybe Space time studios developers will refuse this because they think all players will farm tokens to get this pet ! But to make STS satisfied and platinum buyers as well ... That mythic pet will not grant the owner neither " Mythic " title nor banner or Achievement point..
I really hope developers will this in mind and make Arcane legends more funny
Thank you :)

Ghaith
04-05-2014, 11:17 AM
I think 1000 story tokens is a good amount to a purchasable mythic pet :)

Frekken
04-05-2014, 11:23 AM
That's a good idea, need some work around and overthought tho
Good one mage

Ghaith
04-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Thank you ! But it is up to STS' devs :/ hope they will realize it soon ^_^

Ebezaanec
04-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Not all legendary pets are useless. You just have to be creative and learn how to utilize each pet's abilities.

And also.. Are suggesting for a mythic pet just for the sake of a owning mythic pet or are you suggesting to actually introduce a stat-op pet?

Ghaith
04-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Not at all .... As I am a Mage and even though I don't have a mythic pet but I do have " Malison , Colton , Orion .. And some others " but I found out that even with high lvls pets you can't deal such a damage to mobs ..... Especially in elite Tindirin , shuyal and nordr .... And for those who are farming and they are non-platinum buyers I guess getting few millions for a mythic set isn't that hard but getting good pets ( arcane , mythics ) is the rough part ..... I went in a party with an arcane Mage and my malison " it is lvl 40 " and stills deals like -90 point to mobs ..... Do you really think that non-mythic players will be able with pink pets and gears ! And I am asking for a mytjic pets to make stats much better old legendary pets except malison are getting their way to be really useless ... Thank you

Ghaith
04-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Mages use Colton if they got a tank in the party .... Well I used this tactic in elite shuyal I got like 5-7 deaths in the first 2 waves .. And speaking of Colton it was not stunning mobs , it it barely stuns in hard elites :/

Morholt
04-05-2014, 12:20 PM
I run elite Trindin in pinks as a mage and no mythic/arcane pets with no trouble. Sometimes not a single death.
It's always the mythic mages I see dying. They are used to being overpowered for maps and not needing to play skillfully.

Maybe many of you should play better before worrying about better stats...
You need a mythic pet? Orion outclasses Scorch all day.

Also, story token mythic pets will never happen. Really...that has to be a joke to even suggest...no...no...a thousand times no.

Ghaith
04-05-2014, 12:40 PM
I run elite Trindin in pinks as a mage and no mythic/arcane pets with no trouble. Sometimes not a single death.
It's always the mythic mages I see dying. They are used to being overpowered for maps and not needing to play skillfully.

Also, story token mythic pets will never happen. Really...that has to be a joke to even suggest...no...no...a thousand times no.
Lol ...... well that's your opinion not mine ..... I run elite shuyal not even tindirin with mythic party we all died like flies .... So you're telling me you're better than DM's pro members O.o

Ghaith
04-05-2014, 12:45 PM

Just saying ... A mythic pet lvl 36 deals the same damage of a legendary pet lvl 41 wich means 174-176 damage ( not sure ) so getting mythic pets in the party stills much better than running elites ( especially new ones or even old two ones ) with pink pets .... You should think about it .....
After all not only pet will make you get through ...... Tactics take the huge part here

Ghaith
04-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Story tokens is a suggestion we still have hauntlet coins lol

Pandamoni
04-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Lol ...... well that's your opinion not mine ..... I run elite shuyal not even tindirin with mythic party we all died like flies .... So you're telling me you're better than DM's pro members O.o

I can vouch for morholt. I'm constantly dead in maps and he is just kiting like a baws.

Zylx
04-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Hmmm. 1,000 ST = 100 days = over 3 months.

Shocking twist: The mythic pet is only available for 1 month. Muahahahaha

Reunegade
04-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Or 2 months and 29/30 days depending on the months :)

DocDoBig
04-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Why is there even a Story token cap of 1000? There MUST be a special purpose. ;)

Ghaith
04-05-2014, 01:59 PM

I think Slag wasn't available for 1 month when they added it to the stable :p

basketholic209
04-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Just saying ... A mythic pet lvl 36 deals the same damage of a legendary pet lvl 41 wich means 174-176 damage ( not sure ) so getting mythic pets in the party stills much better than running elites ( especially new ones or even old two ones ) with pink pets .... You should think about it .....
After all not only pet will make you get through ...... Tactics take the huge part here

IMHO, the best part of a pet is not the damage, but its passive and arcane ability.

Morholt
04-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Lol ...... well that's your opinion not mine ..... I run elite shuyal not even tindirin with mythic party we all died like flies .... So you're telling me you're better than DM's pro members O.oWhat makes them so pro? Having the best and most expensive items equipped?
That honestly sets players up to become bad. If a player has the best early on, they never needed to learn how to play a map masterfully. However, there are certainly some people who have very shiny gear AND know how to play the game skillfully. Those are the super elite players, that we all should want to be like.
Note: this isn't a knock at anyone in DM. Rather, it is a knock on players who are maxed out and yet have no idea how to utilize their skills, nor how to position themselves in relation to the given enemies & teammates. I see it by players in my own guild. Not trying to bash anyone--please, everyone, take it as constructructive criticism.

Anyway, story tokens won't happen because that mythic pet would quickly become very cheap. Even at 1,000 tokens. It'd only take twice as long as crawly to hit 100k, which wasn't very long. Also, they have said things in the past about how they want mythic pets to be a platinum purchased thing. The eggs are just something new that added spice--and allows you to get them without platinum (trade for them). I think it's fair that they have a tier of pets that are virtually platinum only. They do need ways to make some money. And they certainly give us lots of things for free, along with ways to get around needing platinum. They've even given us the story token method to expand inventories and such.

Hauntlet coins? You could farm TONS of those very quickly. I threw a twink together for fun to run Hauntlets...can solo the map in about 77 seconds with minimal potion usage. o.O Imagine how quickly a dedicated team could rack up 1,000 hauntlet coins together.

Also, mythic and legendary pets have the same damage & crit. Their passive ababilities and such are supposed to be what makes them better. However, certain situations...certain legendaries beat out certain mythics.

@doc: I think the reason is so that when they release new hauntlet and story purchased items, some person can't be able to buy a ton of them from having an old, massive stock of them.

Ghaith
04-05-2014, 04:26 PM
IMHO, the best part of a pet is not the damage, but its passive and arcane ability.

Lol really ... Then George ( rare ) is better than Konga ( epic ) and Konga ( epic ) is better than Horton ( legendary )lmao

Ghaith
04-05-2014, 04:28 PM

I guess you forgot bonus

Deadroth
04-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Good suggestion. why not add this pet ;) GJ Ghaith :)

Kakashis
04-05-2014, 07:23 PM
There actually is! Do it for a year yields around 600k by selling eggs. At Halloween if Grimm comes back as egg it's around 700k. BAM mythic pet! Honestly u should spend your story tokens on inventory space and go farm for locked. You can afford grimm even at 1.5M in around a month

Temarichan
04-05-2014, 10:12 PM

That's why they're mythic lol.

Uh well, it is a good idea. But I have to tell you that not all legendary pets are useless. They're quite useful. Don't give up on them lol.

So +1 for the idea.

Tendirin
04-05-2014, 10:20 PM
totally disagree as this will ruin the games (fun) as in actually trying to win and item i think its good for plat only honestly and there are mythic pet eggs out there

Crowsfoot
04-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Bad idea, I have 6 characters on my main account that do daily quests to help me increase storage (I buy the +25 inventory slots) and make quick gold (crawly eggs). I could easily just make more characters and abuse this system. You are suggesting that the mythic AP become a joke. Anyone can get it by playing for 100 days.

Energizeric
04-05-2014, 11:08 PM
The best story token pets currently sell for about 100k. The cheapest mythic pet (Grimm) sells for about 1.2-1.5m. That's 12-15 times as much. So if they were to make it available for story tokens, then it should cost 12-15 times as many story tokens. 500 x 12 = 6000

If they were to make mythic pets available for 1000 tokens, you can expect their value to drop down to around 200k. Considering STS charges 250 plat for a mythic pet, nobody is going to spend 250 plat when they could buy it for 200k. So this is never going to happen.

Frekken
04-06-2014, 11:30 AM
Lol yall making it sound like myth is the grial. Ap points? Pfff Colton farming? Pfff that Lil ponny is so overrated and cheap nowadays

Ghaith
04-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Well ! i think you all didn't get my point .... the point is not to get a mythic pet just for farming the point is to get a little boost for those under geared players ....1000 hauntlet coins ( let's drop the tokens ) means 7-8 runs in Hauntlet/day.. but are you telling me that all players are going to spend their worthy time playing / running Hauntlet ( though it's tougher than running the bards ) and forget about elites farming parties ... even with twinks it won't drop to less than 600k ... i've been here for a year and Shiloh and all the others Hauntlet pets didn't drop in prices ( Shiloh's price stills stable < 200-300k > not less and it's only 250 coins so what about a pet with 1000 coins .. { it'll take the same during 10 runs / day = 100 days } ) .Anyway thank you for making it constructive :)

Hectororius
04-06-2014, 07:57 PM
What makes them so pro? Having the best and most expensive items equipped?
That honestly sets players up to become bad. If a player has the best early on, they never needed to learn how to play a map masterfully. However, there are certainly some people who have very shiny gear AND know how to play the game skillfully. Those are the super elite players, that we all should want to be like.
Note: this isn't a knock at anyone in DM. Rather, it is a knock on players who are maxed out and yet have no idea how to utilize their skills, nor how to position themselves in relation to the given enemies & teammates. I see it by players in my own guild. Not trying to bash anyone--please, everyone, take it as constructructive criticism.

Anyway, story tokens won't happen because that mythic pet would quickly become very cheap. Even at 1,000 tokens. It'd only take twice as long as crawly to hit 100k, which wasn't very long. Also, they have said things in the past about how they want mythic pets to be a platinum purchased thing. The eggs are just something new that added spice--and allows you to get them without platinum (trade for them). I think it's fair that they have a tier of pets that are virtually platinum only. They do need ways to make some money. And they certainly give us lots of things for free, along with ways to get around needing platinum. They've even given us the story token method to expand inventories and such.

Hauntlet coins? You could farm TONS of those very quickly. I threw a twink together for fun to run Hauntlets...can solo the map in about 77 seconds with minimal potion usage. o.O Imagine how quickly a dedicated team could rack up 1,000 hauntlet coins together.

Also, mythic and legendary pets have the same damage & crit. Their passive ababilities and such are supposed to be what makes them better. However, certain situations...certain legendaries beat out certain mythics.

@doc: I think the reason is so that when they release new hauntlet and story purchased items, some person can't be able to buy a ton of them from having an old, massive stock of them.

This entire post is exactly what I would have said. The only difference between a mythic pet and a legendary pet is usually the arcane ability, and there are legendary pets that have better arcanes than the mythic pets. When using a legendary pet (or any pet for that matter) you pick the pet that is best suited for the situation. I've used malison and prance quite successfully in the current elites. I also have abaddon and ripmaw in my stable, and they actually get less use lately compared to their legendary counterparts.

The story token pets on offer have their usefulness like crawly and colon, and while you won't see a mythic pet via tokens, you will most likely see a new legendary pet that has something worthwhile to offer players.

Ghaith
04-07-2014, 12:48 PM
This entire post is exactly what I would have said. The only difference between a mythic pet and a legendary pet is usually the arcane ability, and there are legendary pets that have better arcanes than the mythic pets. When using a legendary pet (or any pet for that matter) you pick the pet that is best suited for the situation. I've used malison and prance quite successfully in the current elites. I also have abaddon and ripmaw in my stable, and they actually get less use lately compared to their legendary counterparts.

The story token pets on offer have their usefulness like crawly and colon, and while you won't see a mythic pet via tokens, you will most likely see a new legendary pet that has something worthwhile to offer players.
Eventually , someone one with a great thought :) ... indeed Hectororius they all refused the idea of a mythic pet ... well ! If you think about it and you re-read my Post you will notice that I wanted a better legendary pets than those that are available via Tokens ... even with the new pets unlauched a shorter while after expansion .. They are not enough ... especially Scorn .... Thank you for making it constructive :) and why not a mythic pet for 1000 hauntlet coins ;)

Ghaith
04-07-2014, 12:57 PM
The best story token pets currently sell for about 100k. The cheapest mythic pet (Grimm) sells for about 1.2-1.5m. That's 12-15 times as much. So if they were to make it available for story tokens, then it should cost 12-15 times as many story tokens. 500 x 12 = 6000

If they were to make mythic pets available for 1000 tokens, you can expect their value to drop down to around 200k. Considering STS charges 250 plat for a mythic pet, nobody is going to spend 250 plat when they could buy it for 200k. So this is never going to happen.

If you drop the tokens by replacing them with coins .... Shiloh is 250 coins and it sells for 250k ( just a rate of sales ) .... So if STS makes a mythic pet for those coins ( 100 days farming with 10 runs / day with quests boost ) then this pet will surely hit the 1m no less than that ( 1000 coins = 250 coins x 4 ..... That's to say 250k x 4 = 1mil gold )
Think about ;) and Thank you :)

Ghaith
04-07-2014, 12:58 PM
totally disagree as this will ruin the games (fun) as in actually trying to win and item i think its good for plat only honestly and there are mythic pet eggs out there
Tendirin , being a platinum buyer is nothing ....

Hectororius
04-07-2014, 01:11 PM
If you drop the tokens by replacing them with coins .... Shiloh is 250 coins and it sells for 250k ( just a rate of sales ) .... So if STS makes a mythic pet for those coins ( 100 days farming with 10 runs / day with quests boost ) then this pet will surely hit the 1m no less than that ( 1000 coins = 250 coins x 4 ..... That's to say 250k x 4 = 1mil gold )
Think about ;) and Thank you :)

The problem with Hauntlet coins is that you can easily (and with a little bit of effort) get 1000 coins within a day since there is no limit to how many you can farm. You will basically have people in there 24/7 farming for coins and getting 3-4 mythic pets a week. I would even run hauntlet 1000 times just for a mythic pet.

Candylicks
04-07-2014, 02:09 PM
I would even run hauntlet 1000 times just for a mythic pet.

I read this thread in the car and I LOL at this.

Okay few things.

I have no arcane pets, just mythic and legendary. Honestly I never use my mythic pets in elite Tend because they aren't as helpful as my legendary collection. Orion hands down best mage pet ever.

I can't see a mythic pet working for coins because of all the reasons given already. Let me ask this, how long have the current pets been available? Maybe we just need some new legendary pets in there to freshen up the concept.

Ghaith
04-07-2014, 02:12 PM
The problem with Hauntlet coins is that you can easily (and with a little bit of effort) get 1000 coins within a day since there is no limit to how many you can farm. You will basically have people in there 24/7 farming for coins and getting 3-4 mythic pets a week. I would even run hauntlet 1000 times just for a mythic pet.

you're ready to run Hauntlet 1000 times ... really O.o?!

Ghaith
04-07-2014, 02:13 PM
I read this thread in the car and I LOL at this.

Okay few things.

I have no arcane pets, just mythic and legendary. Honestly I never use my mythic pets in elite Tend because they aren't as helpful as my legendary collection. Orion hands down best mage pet ever.

I can't see a mythic pet working for coins because of all the reasons given already. Let me ask this, how long have the current pets been available? Maybe we just need some new legendary pets in there to freshen up the concept.
If you didn't notice I was talking about non-mythic players

Ghaith
04-07-2014, 02:15 PM
I've got such a number of friends and they're all ( almost all) all with mythics aracne ..... Besides I got so e with that Tarlok sets of " Assault " < mages > and I never saw one ( just one ) running neither Tindirin nor shuyal nor nordr [ elites ] ....

Candylicks
04-07-2014, 02:20 PM
If you didn't notice I was talking about non-mythic players

Gotcha. Sorry I skimmed I go back now re read. (: