PDA

View Full Version : AOE Bug - Getting 1-hit outside the strike zone

Origin
04-05-2014, 11:23 AM
AOE bug
Elite Mobs and bosses still able to 1-hit you after you've moved well outside the red AOE zone. Shouldn't be happening.

This one, I got on video. I'm a high latency player (400-600 ping average when behaving) but this time a low latency player (under 150) in my party gave visual confirmation that I appeared to be far from the strike zone. Needs to be fixed pronto, really any player that died this way ought to have their plat revive spend at least partially refunded. Shouldn't have to pay for something that's not our mistake

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=649539121761993&l=2540728271732573825

Deadroth
04-05-2014, 12:34 PM
AOE bug
Elite Mobs and bosses still able to 1-hit you after you've moved well outside the red AOE zone. Shouldn't be happening.

This one, I got on video. I'm a high latency player (400-600 ping average when behaving) but this time a low latency player (under 150) in my party gave visual confirmation that I appeared to be far from the strike zone. Needs to be fixed pronto, really any player that died this way ought to have their plat revive spend at least partially refunded. Shouldn't have to pay for something that's not our mistake

Yep, fully agree with Your report Origin. It is not only in dragon enclave, but in dead city, forest, yrda.. every elite... especially on bosses, but i have noticed i am getting dmg from red hits of mobs too...
Definitley should be fixed!

Madnex
04-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Well, what actually happened is that the boss only appeared to have striked some place else; the animation did not sync with the actual move. So he did aim and strike towards your side yet the animation failed to deliver it correctly. And of course that led to a death out of the blue.

This happens a lot with troll-type bosses, check Maneater at first Nordr's map for example -- we all learned to read such suspicious behaviour after getting ganked a few times. Let's drop the angry generalizations, this is boss type specific; the confusion is mainly caused because some enemies' special attacks "lock" on the player so even if he steps out of it, he/she still gets hit.

If I had to question what the bug is here, that would be the ~355K damage that this attack does if it hits. That's ~355.000 raw damage right there, a few dozen times the HP of the best arcane warrior.

falmear
04-05-2014, 07:33 PM
I think this is a bug with troll type bosses. STS will says its latency or lag but its not true. The reason I know this is because how much time I spent in TDM. And this kind of problem is seen with Trulle. You will be at the bottom of the map, Trulle starts to move towards your group, but is very far away. Not even close to do any damage, then he'll attack and hit one person. Everyone will be like what just happened? I have had the same experience with Tribal Abomination and even other mobs. IMO there is some kind of client server issue where the client shows one thing but the server is doing something else and the two aren't synced. When fighting the spider on map 4 (caves), one of my team mates didn't even show up in the boss room but I could see his arrows. I asked everyone else if he was in the same room and they said yes. I reported these issues in the past on Frostr a long time ago and not much has changed since then. One hits outside the red zone are very common and there isn't anything you can do about it. There are certain bosses that they tend to happen more often with usually because their AOE is so large and/or a fast wind up/attack. I try to stay as far back as I possibly can and not go across the boss where his AOE/attack could be.

NovaZ
04-05-2014, 10:40 PM
^me thinks that guy is right

Origin
04-06-2014, 11:02 AM
That would make sense, except I haven't come across this kind of situation with the Elite Krunch, Nordr and TDM trolls, frostir, bloodhammer etc. I did fight those trolls after expansion for practice, some solo and some with the same low latency player I mentioned in 1st post, no problem. Trulle will sometimes still "jump" in location but he's harmless, personally haven't had any problems with his AOE.. u can skirt very close. With these, there's consistency. I'd know when I'm about to get hit - If I failed to get out of the way, I would see the signs - unless I've spiked to red ping (and I check ping multiple times a run out of necessity)

However this is a unique experience for me in Elite Tindirin. The Tindirin troll will 1-hit me out of AOE up to 5 times in a single bossfight, when I'm out of the red before he starts to swing, even on my best ping. Sometimes when he's totally out of range of my arrows/dash. AOE with the white elite guard @ map 1 boss, and 3rd map dragon are a little off but I can still gauge. Other bosses like Elite drake, spider, if I'm out of the way I'm out of the way. But the map 2 troll, totally out of order, there's no consistency. 50-50 live or die under same conditions. Talking abt the red aoe attacks, not their normal swipes (u can see the animation)

@ Omnisorc , on ur locked theory. That would be fair, however if u look at the vid - the 2nd death : the cone AOE first appears (signifying a time of lock-on) , disappears very briefly, then reappears just before he strikes. I do not step into the zone anytime during the red, my dash is spot on, I'm not lagging, but I still die. Behind him.

Through all the expansions, this is the 1st gameplay-related problem that I've considered serious enough to bring up. Need. Fix.

Solid
04-06-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty sure this is lag, never happens to me when my connection is good.

Origin
04-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Shouldn't be happening on a 400+ ping. The only boss that does this to me

Giuewek
04-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Yes this has happend to me Where I would ser the arrows but the person is not even there until a couple Of minutes later

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

Giuewek
04-06-2014, 01:45 PM
And the thing with being hit when your are out Of the red zone

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk

Madnex
04-06-2014, 08:56 PM
This is not latency related.

Origin, around the thirteenth and the forteenth second, I see quite a possible lock. Or else you just had too much bad luck - two unsync'd red zone sprites. This cone shapped red zone is the exact same with healer-shaman's, both in size and lethality.

Generally, there are various inconsistencies related to red zones that have yet to be fixed. This long conical red zone has been an issue since Frostir and yet even though it was "fixed" you still see that boss charging at the leftmost of the red warning area often. Identical to Alargan's charge.

I suggest you leave the risks of close range combat to the warriors. Sure the impact damage of pierce is decent but I'd rather have my run extended by a minute or two than waste one platinum for a revive.